Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a whole slew of pictures I just saw on my FaceBook Feed but I can't seem to find the link again. :sad: There is one with George kissing Charlotte (with Charlotte looking very pleased), and one with George smiling (he rarely smiles, in pictures, it seems, and his smile is sweet when it comes).

Anyone else have those pictures? :ermm:

EDIT: Ah, here they are -

The Independent released the pictures early. (and in HQ, just open the pictures in a seperate window)

Prince George cradles and kisses Princess Charlotte in first photos released by Kate Middleton and Prince William - Independent.ie

All the pictures are very sweet. Kate did well. My favorite is the one with George smiling, I think. :flowers:

Last edited:
It's TOO early to discuss what Charlotte looks like. She is two weeks here. Her hair, eye color, eye shape will change a lot. She could be brown-eyed too. Or blonde later. Or dark-haired with blue eyes.

I know. I was platinum blonde until I was two, now I have black hair. I had dark blue eyes until I was five, now I have hazel eyes.

My comment on the shade of blue was specific to these photos, not the future.

She reminds me of how George looked ...will be interesting to see pictures from the baptism.

LaRae

Lovely pictures! George is darling giving his little sister a kiss!! So sweet!!?

He isn't two years yet! He is NOT a big boy in any way. Appearance of the little sister didn't make him grown up at once.

My statement that George is a "big boy" now was not to mean as we would view him, but as he would view himself.

My two youngest were born a year and 10 days apart and the older got the "big boy" feeling very much at that time as he handed down the bottles to his sister and graduated to the sippy cup and to a big boy bed instead of the crib. :D

Those pictures that Kate took are absolutely beautiful I think. George very much looks like William in them and I do think these two will grow up looking quite different from each other just as William and Harry bear little resemblance to each other.

Such an adorable pictures!!! George is a very beautiful toddler and Charlottle is so cute and chubby.

Well, about the hair and eye color discussion, it's too early too tell, but George never had blue eyes when he was a baby, they were darker. But Charlotte's are really blue. I know it might change, my brother's eyes were blue but as he grew up they turned honey. But I must say as well, that not everyone change, I was born with brown eyes and dark brown hair and that remains even after more than 20 years. Charlotte's blue eyes might never change.

George looks so much like William is the pictures, while Charlotte looks like Catherine.

William and Catherine must be over the moon to have the beautiful gift of Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

I would like to hug Prince George for the tenderness holding Princess Charlotte.

Here are the other 3;

@KensingtonRoyal: Prince George and Princess Charlotte together at home #WelcomeToTheFamily http://t.co/ednbofPp7v

@CourtierUK: Embargo was moved forward to 2200 for papers and still broken...

I thought they were being published at 9, so how was it broken?

Charlotte is absolutely adorable. I have no idea who she resembles, but she's a cutie. And George is such a handsome little guy. In the picture where he has his mouth open, he reminds me a lot of Michael Middleton and also of some of the pictures we've seen of Kate when she was little. I think George resembles both parents, but that particular facial expression looks very "Middleton" to me. Also, I continue to be somewhat mesmerized by his hair's shade of blonde - I'm not sure why, it just always attracts my attention. He has gorgeous coloring.

Here are the other 3;

@KensingtonRoyal: Prince George and Princess Charlotte together at home #WelcomeToTheFamily http://t.co/ednbofPp7v

@CourtierUK: Embargo was moved forward to 2200 for papers and still broken...

I thought they were being published at 9, so how was it broken?

The first one released by Kensington Palace was for 9pm but the other 3 photos were embargoed until 10pm (or should have been)

William and Catherine must be over the moon to have the beautiful gift of Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

Agree. :flowers: They are very fortunate to have such healthy and happy children.

I continue to be somewhat mesmerized by his hair's shade of blonde - I'm not sure why, it just always attracts my attention. He has gorgeous coloring.

The hair coloring is particularly fair. :flowers: Is it possible he will become a redhead, I wonder.

The first one released by Kensington Palace was for 9pm but the other 3 photos were embargoed until 10pm (or should have been)
Exactly. Made me a little mad people felt the need to break the embargo!

Such beatiful pictures. Very cute interactions between the two! He's almost holding her hand in all of them! Very nice captured of Kate as well.. They look really pretty, the pictures!

The hair coloring is particularly fair. :flowers: Is it possible he will become a redhead, I wonder.

Yes, I think it's perhaps a bit strawberry blond, which is a shade I particularly love. I know a lot of babies in the royal family (William included) were blond as children, but they tend to be more white blond/toe-headed. So I always feel almost a bit surprised (in a good way) when I see his hair.

The pictures are just wonderful and so sweet! Made my day - and my day was pretty good already!

Ohh, the photos are just too adorable for words :wub:

Catherine did a good job with the photos. My favourite is the one of George kissing Charlotte. I read once that she's interested in photography (there are photos on the internet taken by her of the scenery on one of their tours, IIRC) so I guess she used a professional camera to take them.

As for now, I think Charlotte looks more like the Windsors, but George looks more like Catherine (particularly Catherine in this photo). Of course we're still at the very early stages and Charlotte could "change" who she resembles.

EDIT: Regarding Charlotte and blue eyes, aren't all babies born with blue eyes? I'm sure I heard that somewhere once, though it could be one of those popular myths.

Last edited:
Here are the other 3;

It is hard to say at this juncture, but I'll go out on a limb and say that I think Princess Charlotte is going to follow her mother in looks. :flowers: This little girl will be a Middleton, and that's not a bad thing. But we'll see.

Such lovely photos and well worth waiting for! I think Catherine must be a very good photographer, the light is wonderful and the simplicity of the clothes together with an unfussy background means that the focus is well and truly on these gorgeous little children!

But Charlotte's are really blue.
There are high odds she might have blue eyes in future. Her father is blue-eyed and her mother has "blue-eyed" gene.

The photos are just adorable.

George and Charlotte are so cute. George looks a lot like William, but it's a little too early to tell who Charlotte resembles. Her features have yet to really come in.

Such lovely photos and well worth waiting for! I think Catherine must be a very good photographer, the light is wonderful and the simplicity of the clothes together with an unfussy background means that the focus is well and truly on these gorgeous little children!

I agree. Catherine did a great job with the photos.

Ohh, the photos are just too adorable for words :wub:

Catherine did a good job with the photos. My favourite is the one of George kissing Charlotte. I read once that she's interested in photography (there are photos on the internet taken by her of the scenery on one of their tours, IIRC) so I guess she used a professional camera to take them.

As for now, I think Charlotte looks more like the Windsors, but George looks more like Catherine (particularly Catherine in this photo). Of course we're still at the very early stages and Charlotte could "change" who she resembles.

EDIT: Regarding Charlotte and blue eyes, aren't all babies born with blue eyes? I'm sure I heard that somewhere once, though it could be one of those popular myths.

I'm glad you posted that picture of Kate when she was young, because I was thinking of that exact picture when I saw these new pictures, especially the one in which George has his mouth a little bit open - the facial expression seems so similar to me.

As for all babies having blue eyes, I've always heard the same thing (and, in fact, had just asked my mother about it and was somehow surprised to find that, yes, my eyes were indeed blue when I was born). Based on a quick google search, it seems that most Caucasian babies are indeed born with eyes that are some shade of blue or gray.

I do think George takes after the Middletons, however, I think his smile is definitely from his Daddy. What an adorable little boy. Charlotte is cute, but then all babies are cute so we shall have to wait awhile to see who she takes after. In any event they are lovely children.

It looks like KP has managed to annoy some reporters tonight. Richard from the Express seems to have taken issue with the fact the picture was released on a U.S. based social media site.

My opinion is, who cares? We got pictures and the press got a story.

It looks like KP has managed to annoy some reporters tonight. Richard from the Express seems to have taken issue with the fact the picture was released on a U.S. based social media site.

Someone always has to complain. :lol:

Very cute photos!
They remind me of the photos of the Danish twins' first official photos.

My eldest had blue eyes when he was born, but my youngest had dark brown. The whole blue eye at birth thing is a myth

I actually unfollowed Richard on Twitter a while ago solely because he complains so much about this kind of thing. :lol: I find royal reporters to be a particularly whiny bunch, though I'm sure it's not without (some occasional) justification. However, when it comes to complaining about the embargoes, I would think that they would be used to that now, because the internet/social media makes embargoes harder to enforce. As you said, they still have the pictures, and there's still going to be interest, no matter who posted the pictures first.

His paper is almost out of business. Its either being broken up or sold to the Mirror Group. The day of the newspaper as the main source of news and information is long over.

I also assume the Express is cancelling their own Twitter account and using some form of smoke signal. Can't be caught using 'U.S. based social media'

Do you mean Caucasian? If so, most of them are, but not all. I'm a Caucasian and I was born with brown eyes, I have the pictures who prove that. I've also seen lots of new borns who were born with brown eyes, but maybe it's the place where we belong? I live in Southern Europe, being blonde with blues eyes is not that common. We are more of brunette with brown eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom