The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1181  
Old 12-04-2015, 04:13 PM
sm1939's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,525
Iv only seen pictures of princess charlotte
__________________

  #1182  
Old 12-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,659
Catherine said her son has "Middleton eyes". She seems certain that her dad and his relatives have brown eyes. I trust her judgement over ours because she's seen Mike in person, we haven't.
__________________

  #1183  
Old 12-04-2015, 08:59 PM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 811
She might not have been talking about eye color when she said Middleton eyes. Maybe the shape?
  #1184  
Old 12-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Hmm... hard to say! Looks like he has a bit hazel/grayish?

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/news/specia...eton_getty.jpg

Pippa has brown:
http://www.shemazing.net/wp-content/...-middleton.jpg

Hmm, the Middleton family would certainly provide a nice study in eye colour genetics!
Yes, quite a range of eye color in the Middleton family. I'm on a mobile device & not tech savvy enough to link - but James seems to have blue eyes which I'd describe as a hazelish blue color.
  #1185  
Old 12-05-2015, 03:06 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Yes, quite a range of eye color in the Middleton family. I'm on a mobile device & not tech savvy enough to link - but James seems to have blue eyes which I'd describe as a hazelish blue color.
Yeah, he has like a very muted/desatruated blue. Same as Michael has very desaturated brown/grey.
  #1186  
Old 12-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,565
Quote:
When the Duchess of Cambridge wore a NZ$1300 Issa wrap dress to announce her engagement to Prince William, the royal blue number quickly sold out - twice.

When Prince George wore an adorable red and white smock to his baby sister's christening, the NZ$190 outfit flew off the shelves.

So you'd assume that the floral dress Princess Charlotte sported in recent photos would follow suit, particularly at the unusually affordable price of NZ$47.

However its Spanish designer won't be able to cash in on what is commonly called the "Kate effect", thanks to the duchess' knack for wearing mid-range items that quickly score a sell-out run for the brand.

Why? Because, quite simply, she's already out of fabric.
Read more: Princess Charlotte's dress designer is out of fabric - and out of luck | Stuff.co.nz
  #1187  
Old 12-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Catherine said her son has "Middleton eyes". She seems certain that her dad and his relatives have brown eyes. I trust her judgement over ours because she's seen Mike in person, we haven't.

I think she menat the shape of the eyes. Having the same eye color doens't automatically make one's eyes identical to others. George has the same eye shape of the Middletons indeed.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #1188  
Old 12-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think she menat the shape of the eyes. Having the same eye color doens't automatically make one's eyes identical to others. George has the same eye shape of the Middletons indeed.
Same shape and same color, imo. I think her comment was of that opinion too.
  #1189  
Old 12-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Same shape and same color, imo. I think her comment was of that opinion too.
Okay, matter of interpretation, I still see obvious blue/greyish eyes on Michael. Unless I am daltonic.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #1190  
Old 12-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,659
I see brown eyes, the left eye has a tiny fleck of green in the 5 o'clock position. The exact inverse of Catherine who has green eyes with her left eye having a tiny fleck of brown in the 5 o'clock position.

Look at this picture and tell me that Mike has blue eyes.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/335518240960724910/
  #1191  
Old 12-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I see brown eyes, the left eye has a tiny fleck of green in the 5 o'clock position. The exact inverse of Catherine who has green eyes with her left eye having a tiny fleck of brown in the 5 o'clock position.

Look at this picture and tell me that Mike has blue eyes.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/335518240960724910/

Definitely not brown,as I saw in bigger pics.

Brown eyes can't look grey!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/experimen...ages/q2-a1.jpg


http://media1.popsugar-assets.com/fi...estivities.jpg

Agree to disagree even on a obvious, overt eye color.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #1192  
Old 12-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Definitely not brown,as I saw in bigger pics.

Brown eyes can't look grey!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/experimen...ages/q2-a1.jpg


http://media1.popsugar-assets.com/fi...estivities.jpg

Agree to disagree even on a obvious, overt eye color.
Agree to disagree. Because the color is indeed obvious. Therefore, I will agree with Catherine.
  #1193  
Old 12-05-2015, 05:47 PM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 811
All these photos, Michael eyes look to be hazel/green
  #1194  
Old 12-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,953
I can't tell. Right now I'd say they are a murky, indistinct, greeny/browny/grey/blue colour.

But whatever colour his eyes are, I sincerely hope George has inherited whatever genes Michael has that have allowed him to keep his hair!
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #1195  
Old 12-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I can't tell. Right now I'd say they are a murky, indistinct, greeny/browny/grey/blue colour.
To quote the Inspector in Casablanca: 'Ah, a diplomatist!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
But whatever colour his eyes are, I sincerely hope George has inherited whatever genes Michael has that have allowed him to keep his hair!
Good point.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1196  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,069
IIRC the bald gene comes from the mother's line....so George should be safe!


LaRae
  #1197  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,953
Oh, that's good news!

ETA: Well it was good news until I remembered what Uncle Gary looks like.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #1198  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
IIRC the bald gene comes from the mother's line....so George should be safe!


LaRae

I don't think it's that simple. The Queen's father, Grandfather, Uncle David all had their hair but 2 of 3 sons have balding issues.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #1199  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:43 PM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't think it's that simple. The Queen's father, Grandfather, Uncle David all had their hair but 2 of 3 sons have balding issues.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
She might have inherited the balding genes from the Queen Mother.
Aren't all 3 of her sons bald?
Diana's father was also bald
  #1200  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,953
Prince Philip never seems to have had much hair and he lost a lot of what he had when he was quite young. I'm really hoping Mike Middleton's hair gene is dominant.
__________________

__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
administrator alqasimi aristocracy bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig belgian british royal family christian ix countess of wessex crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events daughter daughters denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex duke of york family search french royalty friendly city germany greece harry headship her children introduction jerusalem kiko king king philippe meghan markle modernization monaco royal monarchist monarchy monogram official visit patronages potential areas prince aymeric prince charles prince harry prince nicholas princess anne princesses princess eugenie princess louise queen mathilde rania of jordan relationship royal royal ladies sarah duchess of york savoy saxony south africa south korea state visit sweden the crown titles uk styles trump united kingdom valois viscount severn windsor castle



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises