Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I said was 'what little boy doesn't like airplanes'. What is the big deal with saying that :bang: But I get accused of being sexist.

I was simply stating an OPINION that 'a little boy likes airplanes' is not news worthy. Its as newsworthy as the sun rose in the east this morning. I am entitle to my opinion.

You don't think its a big deal, stop making a big deal about it. Not everyone thinks everything Catherine and Wills utter is ground breaking news.

But of course I forgot this site is only for people who think Kate walks on water. So forgot all I said

Here: Catherine should be nominated for mother of the year as under her encouragement George is sure to be the youngest pilot ever.

Is that flowery enough for you:flowers:

Not true - Kate doesn't walk on water, nor should anybody with even one nanny be "Mother of the Year." As with Kate's gardening abilities (HA!), and her abilities to prepare and then cook her crop yield (Really?), we are fed way too much bs by most royal families. I can't see any major royal cooking, doing laundry, or grocery shopping, but it does put a smirk on our faces. All she has done so far is marry William and pop out 2 kids.. Anyway those 2 children are precious...for now

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you; I don't quite get what the problems is. George likes planes, other boys may or may not like them. What is the big deal? His father and uncle fly helicopters, so it's not surprising that he'd be interested in flying machines.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Same here. It's well known both William and Harry's interest in flying and helicopters came from their early and up close experiences w/them and now George seems to be following them down the same road. Talk about the last thing in the World I ever expected anyone being negative over, but this is also a Cambridge thread, so I guess sadly it was only a matter of time.

Now I think I need to go and use a function of this site I sadly use too often.

I hope he never picks up a nickname

The 2-year-old royal is known simply as "George" among his classmates and teachers, a royal source confirms. The name will likely be written on his coat-and-backpack peg, and his teachers will write it for him on his artwork, says Louise Livingston, who is director of training at the Maria Montessori Institute, where many of the teachers at George's school have studied.
Read more: Find Out What Prince George Is Called at Preschool : People.com

Same here. It's well known both William and Harry's interest in flying and helicopters came from their early and up close experiences w/them and now George seems to be following them down the same road. Talk about the last thing in the World I ever expected anyone being negative over, but this is also a Cambridge thread, so I guess sadly it was only a matter of time.

Now I think I need to go and use a function of this site I sadly use too often.

For the LAST TIME I wasn't being negative about the couple. My comment wasn't even about the couple. It wasn't even about their son. It was about the reporters. I simply said, it wasn't NEWSWORTHY. Do we really need an article about how a little boy likes an airplane? Or shocking, he gets called by his first name in school??? These comments are about the newspaper and their desperation to sell copies by putting royals on the pages. I made the same comments about Bea and her clothing being a news story.

But sugar plum fairies and angels and kisses, I cant wait for the story about George taking a nap at school. I am sure that will be next week. Have to be positive rainbow gadens princess ponies. Nominate the newspaper for a Pulitzer for ground breaking news.

It's a general news thread for a toddler and a baby. Liking aeroplanes and being called George at school is 'news'

Same with Charlotte having a lipstick named after her. It's about all we get at this tender age.

It seems pretty harmless

Last edited:
A reminder that this thread is about general news concerning Prince George and Princess Charlotte - what that news constitutes is another matter and need not be debated here.

Prince George began speaking "long before other toddlers his age", actress Sophie Winkleman has revealed after her daughter had a play date with the future king.

Ms Winkleman said daughter Maud was invited to meet George last year and the two enjoyed each other's company.

The actress is married to Lord Frederick Windsor, the son of the Queen's cousin Prince Michael of Kent, and the couple have showed off their second child Isabella, born almost four weeks ago, during an interview with Hello! magazine.

Ms Winkleman, who has starred in the TV sitcoms Peep Show and Two And A Half Men, told the publication: "We were invited to tea at Kensington Palace just before Princess Charlotte was born. Maud and George got on very well."
Read more: Prince George 'a very clever, articulate little boy' - Sophie Winkleman - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Has Prince George had his first ski lesson?

There is speculation that he has as a a young lady from London, twenty-three year old Emily Taylor, spotted the Royal party walking outside a bar in Courchevel last Thursday, and noticed some-one was carrying baby-size skis.

(Nanny Maria was seen looking after Charlotte.)

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
#Kate on #PrinceGeorge: "He's got a scooter. He's going super fast on it. It's hard to keep up with him. Charlotte is keeping him in check."

Catherine also said Charlotte is 'getting bigger by the day'

He's got a need for speed!

Little Prince George loves whizzing around on his scooter and can go "super fast," his mom Princess Kate revealed on Monday.

So much so that she and dad Prince William have trouble catching up with him around the house.
Read more: Prince George Loves Riding His Scooter Says Mom Kate Middleton : People.com

Last edited:
Thanks for that, PrincessDianaFan. I have no doubt that when Charlotte is able to walk properly there will be lots of real life adventures for them both, including scooter races! It won't be too long!

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: London school for Prince George as Kate gives up on her rural dream
By Charlotte Griffiths, Diary Editor For The Mail On Sunday
Published: 19:02 EST, 26 March 2016 | Updated: 19:31 EST, 26 March 2016

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have put Prince George’s name down for his father’s old pre-prep school, Wetherby, I hear.

Read more: GIRL ABOUT TOWN: London school for Prince George as Kate gives up on her rural dream* | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: London school for Prince George as Kate gives up on her rural dream

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have put Prince George’s name down for his father’s old pre-prep school, Wetherby, I hear.

Read more: GIRL ABOUT TOWN: London school for Prince George as Kate gives up on her rural dream* | Daily Mail Online

I've always thought George would follow William's school path. Unlike Charles, William seems to have enjoyed his school days. It follows that he'd want the same positive experience for his son.

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 1: May 2015

Oh please...We all know by the time comes for George to need to go to Pre Prep School, more than likely they'll be in London more than Norfolk and will be taking on more Royal Duties. It's called preparing for the future, but you wouldn't know by that stupid headline...

I, never for a minute, doubted that when the time came for George to start school in earnest that it wouldn't be anywhere else but in London. I guess I always viewed living at Anmer Hall like I viewed them living in Wales. It was something that suited them at a given point in time. To have the expectations of permanently living in Norfolk for years to come wouldn't have made any sense or rhyme or reason for setting up a home at Kensington Palace.

These folks are pretty well prepared for whatever happens and whenever it happens and with changes that are sure to come in the future, with home bases settled, it'll be one less thing they'll have to worry about.

We'll see, the tabloids (the DM in particular) have yet to be right about George.

1.They were wrong about his gender. They said they knew it was a girl, that Catherine and other family members like Pippa and Harry were letting the secret slip.

2.They were wrong about his due date. When W&C said he was due mid-July, the DM said he was actually due early July(around Diana's birthday). Hence, the world media set up way too early because they believed the DM.

3. They were wrong about his name. They favored James over George. They thought Spencer would be a middle name. They thought he would have 4 names, he has three.

4. They reported that he was using a different brand of stroller than he actually had. Richard Palmer even laughed over the hundreds of stroller errors that were republished because of Katie Nicholls original misinformation.

5. They were wrong about his nursery decorations. Katie Nicholl reported he had Anne of Green Gable decorations, we later found out from William that he had safari decorations.

6. They were wrong about where he would be Christened. They said Music Room, it was the Chapel Royal.

7. They were wrong about his godparents. They picked Guy Pelly, the wrong Van Custem brother, David Beckham, Fergus Boyd, the Yorks, Harry, and Pippa, and they even suggested foreign royals. All of these were wrong.

8. The DM claimed Cressida was invited to the Christening, they later hedged their bets by saying Cressida would likely refuse the invite because she was "too shy".

9. They were wrong about the type of nanny, They predicted a well-connected Tiggy type, instead it was a foreign born Spanish woman.

10. Katie Nicholl wrote that George's 1st birthday would be Peter Rabbit themed, and likely held in Bucklebury. It was held at KP, and it was 'Afternoon tea themed". 0 for 2.

11. None of the tabloid media knew that George would be starting preschool in January, none of them predicted the right school. They were left scrambling when KP announced it.

Given their "inside sources" atrocious track record, I'm very skeptical of all their claims, past, present, and future.

edit: How could I forget, they claimed Carole would be in the delivery room for George's birth. Another massive lie.

Last edited:
I see Michael Middleton in Charlotte. :flowers: JMO. Even George has elements of Michael, but Charlotte definitely.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree, I can see Mike too. The Middleton genes are strong. It will be interesting to see if Charlotte resembles Pippa when she's older.

I think that George and Charlotte have totally different looks to one another. George is a good mix, but it looks like he has taken more the Middletons genes. On the other hand, Charlotte is the spitty image of Prnce William as a toddler IMO, and I believe she will have strong Windsor genes as she grows up. We'll see.

Prince Charles is encouraging Prince George to share his passion for gardening by getting his grandson to help plant some trees at Highgrove. Charles told BBC Radio 4's Gardeners' Question Time that two-year-old George has helped todig in "a tree or two" at his Gloucestershire home.

"You never know, do you, what people are going to be interested in," said the Prince, who has redesigned some of his gardens to make then more child-friendly for George and his baby sister Princess Charlotte
Read more: Prince Charles encouraging Prince George to start gardening

I think it's awesome he's doing this. I think all children should be taught about gardening either by their parents (even people in cities can do urban gardening) or schools etc....everyone needs to know where their food comes from!

LaRae

I think it's awesome he's doing this. I think all children should be taught about gardening either by their parents (even people in cities can do urban gardening) or schools etc....everyone needs to know where their food comes from!

LaRae

I agree. I'm thinking a lot earlier in advance here, but in three years time Prince Charles will be 70, which is quite a "big" birthday, and it would be so lovely to have a photoshoot of him gardening with his grandchildren (Charlotte would be old enough by then to start). I doubt it will happen though, but I think it's a nice idea :)

That would be a lovely picture to have. Very nice to see the comments from Charles too about gardening with the late Queen Mother.

LaRae

LaRae

It's perfect timing too. Show me a two year old who doesn't like playing in dirt after all. Any excuse to fling dirt around and not get in trouble for it, of course they'll love it. :D

Prince George has an adorable – and very unusual – new playmate: a baby elephant called Scratch.

Spotted ‘grazing’ among the daffodils at the Highgrove Estate of his grandfather, the Prince of Wales, the 3ft creature is the latest addition to Prince Charles’s private garden.

The heir to the throne admitted last week he was making his 15-acre garden more child-friendly.

He has already revamped a tree house, known as Hollyrood Tree House and once a favourite den for Princes William and Harry, and has even installed an artisan shepherd’s hut, complete with a bed and stove in the wildflower meadow where his grandchildren can play.

Scratch was installed just six weeks ago, but in that time two-year-old Prince George has had plenty of time to get to know the hand-painted, pale grey, fibreglass model. A Royal aide confirmed: ‘Prince George likes the baby elephant very much.’
Read more: Prince George gets a baby elephant called Scratch from Prince Charles | Daily Mail Online

Oh that Scratch is so cute and will delight George and Charlotte for years to come. I especially like that it was given to Charles from Elephant Family which was a cause so dear to Camilla's brother Mark.

Ah... AdmirerUS. You're not alone. I also have a Petoskey stone as a worry stone. Its hard to fathom they're 350 million years old and fossilized coral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom