The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #921  
Old 08-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
No,I got it. Twas the Bosnian arms dealers behind the conspiracy to Murder Diana who did it.

Trust no one,man. Not even the trees.
And this theory explains why The Cambridge's moved out of Kensington Palace, it to is surrounded by trees...
__________________

  #922  
Old 08-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,094
Kensington Palace did tweet a photo of a very sketchy parakeet hanging outside. Another reason- angry birds.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________

  #923  
Old 08-19-2015, 05:25 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,835
Let's get back on topic, please.
  #924  
Old 08-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,286
Former protection officer Ken Wharfe says police failure to deal directly with media led to Kensington Palace’s unprecedented warning to paparazzi-
Royal warning to paparazzi over Prince George: former Diana officer blames police | UK news | The Guardian
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #925  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Some where under 5 feet of snow, Canada
Posts: 61
Interesting article but pure speculation on the part of Ken Wharfe
  #926  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Former protection officer Ken Wharfe says police failure to deal directly with media led to Kensington Palace’s unprecedented warning to paparazzi-
Royal warning to paparazzi over Prince George: former Diana officer blames police | UK news | The Guardian
Not his longest comment ever but Ken Wharfe has a track record of being right.
  #927  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,094
Ken Wharfe hasn't been an RPO in almost 20 years. A lot has changed in 20 years.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #928  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Ken Wharfe hasn't been an RPO in almost 20 years. A lot has changed in 20 years.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Alot has changed but Ken Wharfe has made some outstanding contact's and is very well respected.
  #929  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,286
BBC Radio Interview: Starts at 19:33-
"Buckingham palace has appealed to the world's media not to publish unauthorised images of Prince George. It says some paparazzi have gone to, "extreme lengths" to take pictures and, "a line has been crossed". The palace said a small number of media organisations, mostly in Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand and the US, had published photos of Prince George in "unacceptable circumstances". However it said the "vast majority", and all UK publications, had refused. Are the Palace trying to re-draw the lines of what is acceptable intrusion? Steve Hewlett hears from Robert Jobson, Evening Standard Royal Editor, and Ken Wharfe, former Scotland Yard Protection Officer to Diana, the Princess of Wales and Prince William."
BBC Radio 4 - The Media Show, Royal pictures, Managing talent, Archant's positive performance

As I said before, this stuff can get tricky, especially when George is taken out to public places.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #930  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
BBC Radio Interview: Starts at 19:33-
"Buckingham palace has appealed to the world's media not to publish unauthorised images of Prince George. It says some paparazzi have gone to, "extreme lengths" to take pictures and, "a line has been crossed". The palace said a small number of media organisations, mostly in Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand and the US, had published photos of Prince George in "unacceptable circumstances". However it said the "vast majority", and all UK publications, had refused. Are the Palace trying to re-draw the lines of what is acceptable intrusion? Steve Hewlett hears from Robert Jobson, Evening Standard Royal Editor, and Ken Wharfe, former Scotland Yard Protection Officer to Diana, the Princess of Wales and Prince William."
BBC Radio 4 - The Media Show, Royal pictures, Managing talent, Archant's positive performance

As I said before, this stuff can get tricky, especially when George is taken out to public places.
. All toddlers should be encouraged to explore the world outside of their immediate environment. PG has done nothing to warrant house arrest. It is a complex legal matter but at it's heart are a toddler and a baby.
  #931  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
. All toddlers should be encouraged to explore the world outside of their immediate environment. PG has done nothing to warrant house arrest. It is a complex legal matter but at it's heart are a toddler and a baby.
I agree, I like the fact George, and later Charlotte, are and will be able to enjoy the great outdoors with other kids. They should be left alone and the dangerous tactic of getting those pictures should be stopped. The pictures may look innocent and cute, but it's not worth looking at when the paps are doing crazy things to get the pictures. It's tricky though.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #932  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,880
There we got the answer in the interview. Ken and the other dude are promoting their book about Diana.
  #933  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,853
Wharfe is one of a long list of former employees who writes books and talks about the royal family.

He was cut out of royal inner circles years ago. He's always out to give the royals a going over. Darren McGrady is the same mold.
  #934  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,387
I think the big difference between when Wharfe was a RPO for Diana and now is that if there was someone lurking in the yew trees or skulking anywhere near the person being protected, the thought that it may be someone out to execute a terrorist attack against someone wasn't the first thing to pop into the head.

Its just hit home to me how much our world and its security has changed in as little as 20 years.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #935  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,880
I knid of understood them on some points in the interview, and they really sounded sypathetic, but some this just sounded braggy. Ken talking about how the police is failing and how he just threw out the paps hiding under trees. Plus the comment about "they're not beeing followed on the heels when holding the kid, like Diana was" like they are saying they're not allowed to complain because they're not having it as bad as Diana?? I mean, maybe they are trying to stop it BEFORE it becomes that bad again... I mean, we all know how last time ended.
  #936  
Old 08-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I mean, maybe they are trying to stop it BEFORE it becomes that bad again... I mean, we all know how last time ended.
Not really a good example. Last time ended the way it did because Fayed did not respond sensibly to the threat. There was no need to leave the hotel that night. They were safe there.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #937  
Old 08-20-2015, 08:36 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,008
I think this is the most appropriate thread - it is from a new book about HMQ by Ingrid Sewell and this is a quote about privacy and royal children. IT is quoted in The Times:


On privacy
It was difficult for the Queen and Prince Philip to shield their growing children from the insatiable public appetite for information about their lives. They organised occasional photo sessions with a favourite photographer, but otherwise kept
the children’s lives private.

The Queen eventually received so many letters from members of the public begging her to allow her children to be more visible that she even mentioned it in her Christmas speech of 1958. The Queen was being protective and wanted her offspring to have a more normal upbringing than she had herself. She and Philip both felt this would enable their children to relate to the increasingly less deferential world they would inherit.

She said: “Some of you have written to say that you would like to see our children on television this afternoon. We value your interest in them and I can assure you that we have thought about this a great deal before deciding against it. We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.”

The children would have been 10 and 8 at the time
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #938  
Old 08-20-2015, 08:52 PM
Duchess of Durham's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think this is the most appropriate thread - it is from a new book about HMQ by Ingrid Sewell and this is a quote about privacy and royal children. IT is quoted in The Times:


On privacy
It was difficult for the Queen and Prince Philip to shield their growing children from the insatiable public appetite for information about their lives. They organised occasional photo sessions with a favourite photographer, but otherwise kept
the children’s lives private.

The Queen eventually received so many letters from members of the public begging her to allow her children to be more visible that she even mentioned it in her Christmas speech of 1958. The Queen was being protective and wanted her offspring to have a more normal upbringing than she had herself. She and Philip both felt this would enable their children to relate to the increasingly less deferential world they would inherit.

She said: “Some of you have written to say that you would like to see our children on television this afternoon. We value your interest in them and I can assure you that we have thought about this a great deal before deciding against it. We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.”

The children would have been 10 and 8 at the time
This is further proof that HM is totally fine with what William and Catherine are doing both as a couple and as parents. Like everyone else, I would love to see more photos of Cheeks 1 and Cheeks 2 (George and Charlotte), but I get what W&C are doing and respect it.
  #939  
Old 08-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,853
We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.” - William could have said those exact words.

I much prefer this method over the 'child actor' model used by some other royals. I think the best preparation for G&C is to have as normal a childhood as possible. The Queen seems to think so as well.

I think they're great parents from the snippets we learn.
  #940  
Old 08-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think this is the most appropriate thread - it is from a new book about HMQ by Ingrid Sewell and this is a quote about privacy and royal children. IT is quoted in The Times:


On privacy
It was difficult for the Queen and Prince Philip to shield their growing children from the insatiable public appetite for information about their lives. They organised occasional photo sessions with a favourite photographer, but otherwise kept
the children’s lives private.

The Queen eventually received so many letters from members of the public begging her to allow her children to be more visible that she even mentioned it in her Christmas speech of 1958. The Queen was being protective and wanted her offspring to have a more normal upbringing than she had herself. She and Philip both felt this would enable their children to relate to the increasingly less deferential world they would inherit.

She said: “Some of you have written to say that you would like to see our children on television this afternoon. We value your interest in them and I can assure you that we have thought about this a great deal before deciding against it. We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.”

The children would have been 10 and 8 at the time
Thank you for sharing this! It seems that Her Majesty faced the same struggles in regards to her children's privacy as William, and Catherine. I like how she responded. It's to the point, and leaves little room for criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
This is further proof that HM is totally fine with what William and Catherine are doing both as a couple and as parents. Like everyone else, I would love to see more photos of Cheeks 1 and Cheeks 2 (George and Charlotte), but I get what W&C are doing and respect it.
Same here. Hopefully this will stop the constant complaining that some love to engage in when it comes to the Cambridge family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.” - William could have said those exact words.

I much prefer this method over the 'child actor' model used by some other royals. I think the best preparation for G&C is to have as normal a childhood as possible. The Queen seems to think so as well.

I think they're great parents from the snippets we learn.
I prefer William and Catherine's approach as well. It gives the children a chance to have a childhood as stress-free as possible, but allows the public to see released photos, and limited appearances. I'm also glad to see that they appear to have support from Her Majesty in regards to this issue. It's extremely important to be on the same page when it comes to children.



Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 2: May 2016 JessRulz The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 566 Today 05:02 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit best outfit december birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark earl of snowdon far-right fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king carl gustaf king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sibilla princess sofia princess victoria prince william queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia gala dresses queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queenmother queen rania queen silvia sofia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises