Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 1: May 2015

Whatever her salary is, she is getting free housing in central London which is quite pricey plus going the places that the Cambridges go such their vacations to Mustique and Scotland.

The scheduled royals events are known in months in advance so Nanny Maria is going to know when she going to have to watch the kids because WK have a evening engagement together. So she isn't going be a 9 to 5 worker just like Miguel and Rebecca aren't straight 9 to 5. She like the KP office staff is going to have days off and vacation time because it's the law.

We have never seen Maria do something for a royal baby when WK were present to do it themselves in the brief glances that we get. The Cambridges took George off the planes on their Aus/NZ trip. The Cambridges carried George around the butterfly exhibition for his birthday photo shoot. Barbara Barnes carried baby Wills off the plane in 83.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

How do we know there isn't a second nanny even if part time ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

B/c the press would find out about her just like they found out about all the other employees that Kensington Palace employees. I'm assuming all employees are public record in the UK.

Her lack of personal life is likely a sacrifice a royal nanny has to make. She is on the move with them between homes. When they go on trips. She works evenings when they have events. Having a personal life when your work schedule is as random as hers is, wouldn't be easy to say the least. I'd hope she gets better compensated than most nannies do, as she definitely puts up with a lot more than a basic nanny would.

Vacations with the royals aren't as much a perk as you would think. As a nanny in the past who travelled with my families it was definitely Work. You were still definitely working hard and taking care of the kids while the parents were enjoying the resort.

Devoted or obsessed

Interviews with people who know her stated she had no social life and her charges were her life. She is just that focused on her career. But who really knows.

If that is true it is not healthy for her or safe for the children. :sad:
It makes me think very much of the disturbed nanny that worked for Queen Mary when her two oldest were infants.

But the Cambridges & granny Carol are very hands on, so hopefully they would notice anything not quite right.

Ana

I was just reading an article in which she is described by people in her home town who knew her as young woman as very shy, never had hardly any friends or never had boyfriend or interest in boys at all. They described her as special and they thought she would be a nun

Brother Luis, revealed his sister had a soft spot for Spanish classics including paella and a cold soup called gazpacho, added: "I'm very happy for her because she's worked hard to get where she has"

"Children are her life and her great passion."

Last edited:
The problem is that people have this fantasy idea of how royals of today live their lives. It would shock you on how normal their lives are. They change their kids diapers like everybody else. Nobody likes it though, including them.

Hi, Dman. :flowers: How do you know all this? Just wondering.

Most people enjoy taking care of their baby and toddler children; they don't want others to do it for them unless it's necessary. And as for diaper duty- once you've learned how to do it efficiently, it's not nearly as objectionable as you might think! It's just something you do, and it's certainly not the hardest part of being a parent. :cool:

:previous: True, but when you have someone who can do it for you, you do tend to let them do it. ;)

As stated, does not mean you're a bad parent.

Last edited:
:previous: True, but when you have someone who can do it for you, you do tend to let them do it. ;)

As stated, does not mean you're a bad parent.

I don't think this is always true. From what we've read over the years since W&K married, they aren't really the type to have cooks cook, butlers buttle and maids a 'leapin at their service.

They have faced the reality that their lives are and are going to be more and more hectic as the years pass and with that reality comes the fact that they are going to need household staff. This, though, does not mean that they prefer to sit back and have everything done for them. They'd rather do it for themselves hence the second "family" kitchen in Apt. 1A. There will be times they'll entertain and need a chef in the more equipped formal kitchen but for day to day, its mom, dad, kids and Lupo under the table. With both Will and Kate being very family orientated, it doesn't surprise me one bit that they want to be 100% hands on with the kids as much as they possibly can. Its what they enjoy.

Sure there'll be times when Kate is working on her research for an upcoming engagement and George wants a cookie and she'll say "Go see Mrs. Beasley (all purpose housekeeper) in the kitchen" or have Nanny Maria take the kids outside to play when the press secretary comes to call and ask Mrs. Beasley to please see that a spot is removed from a sleeve during a run to the dry cleaners and that William has a hankering for brussel sprouts but what it all boils down to is that for the Cambridges, the top priority is family first and that's how it should be. Second priorities are their other responsibilities and the help is to ensure that first and foremost, priority #1 is taken care of when they can't do it.

Many moons ago, it was a necessity for the Lady of the Manor to be well educated in running a household like a well oiled machine. Kate may not do all the cleaning and laundry and dusting as her homes are big places and that would be exhausting but I don't think she sits on the couch eating potato chips while watching the soaps and having other people do all the day to day things most young mothers do.

But then again, that's my opinion on it.

They have more office staff than anything.

Reminds me of William in these 2 pics.

LaRae

Prince George completes his first day at Montessori nursery school | Daily Mail Online

First day of nursery school for Prince George. He was taken to school by both of his parents.:)

I hope he had a good first day. From the pictures, it appeared that he was very interested in his surroundings. I'm also happy to see that the affair wasn't as public as William's first day at nursery school. It was lovely to have Catherine's pictures instead of those taken by the press.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Like most little kids, George seems so happy to be going off to school as to them it is a grand adventure. Its a big day in a child's life and I'm happy both William and Kate both went with him for the first day.

What I am also liking is the lack of media surrounding the event as William's first day was widely publicized. I think Kate is onto something here with releasing her own photographs. Not only does she get to practice and develop her talent (her two pictures of George at school rival any of the professionals in the article), but this way it is also putting a bit of control on what photos of her children are released to the public.

I would imagine also that Charlotte and Lupo and anyone else with ears was regaled by wondrous stories about school when George returned home. :D

:previous:

Plus it makes George's going to school like any other kids- just mum taking a few photos.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful photos of Prince George

Nice pics. I hope he had fun.

A big day for Prince George and delightful pictures! He's growing up fast and his wave hair is cute.

He has only a passing resemblance to Will, IMO. The entire shape of his face is completely different, and his features are heavier. I am still convinced he favors Granddad Mike.

Still the Prince of Cheeks!

I do wish we would have gotten a picture of William & Catherine taking him to school.

Last edited:
Like most little kids, George seems so happy to be going off to school as to them it is a grand adventure. Its a big day in a child's life and I'm happy both William and Kate both went with him for the first day.

What I am also liking is the lack of media surrounding the event as William's first day was widely publicized. I think Kate is onto something here with releasing her own photographs. Not only does she get to practice and develop her talent (her two pictures of George at school rival any of the professionals in the article), but this way it is also putting a bit of control on what photos of her children are released to the public.

I would imagine also that Charlotte and Lupo and anyone else with ears was regaled by wondrous stories about school when George returned home. :D

In addition it protects the privacy of George's classmates and their families along with the school staff's too. To be honest if my child was attending the same school, I'd like to know how the media's presence would be regulated so that children and families can go about their day in peace.:) ( Speaking as a parent and an educator, I've never liked how some members of the press station themselves outside of school gates trying to snap a photo of public figures children. Living in Southern California, this is an issue for the children and families of film, tv and music industry figures.)

Reminds me of William in these 2 pics.

LaRae

That was my reaction too. He's looking more and more like his Papa.

Still the Prince of Cheeks!

I do wish we would have gotten a picture of William & Catherine taking him to school.

As much as I would have loved to see a snapshot of all three, it would have turned the attention to Catherine's appearance. Today was about George, so it's natural that the focus was on him.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom