Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen doesn't even spend that much time in London. There are months in Scotland, months in Sandringham, Easter the court moves to Windsor and then all of the weekends at Windsor to. So why would expect the Cambridges to be that much different from the Queen. Of course, they are going to have to spend time in London especially when William is the heir apparent but it's always going to be mixed with time in other places such as Norfolk, Scotland, Wales, Gloucestershire etc.

They can also pick schools for the kids that are close to the city but not in it. William's schools: Ludgrove is in Berkshire and Eton is right by Windsor. Marlborough is in Wiltshire.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The British royals never really been city people. No matter if they're full-time or part-time royals, the country is where they spend most of their time. I don't blame them either. I find living in the city to be rather stressful, but it seems to be so convenient because the city is where everything is.

The Cambridge's was always going to have a city/country life.

Bea and Eug must have gotten all the city loving genes this go around. They have never been shown to have the Windsor love of Horses or country pursuits :) The Green Acres theme song comes to mind :)

I'm convinced that there is canine and equine blood coursing through the Windsor veins...which means they all prefer the country. Although I have seen my fair share of dogs in Manhattan. :D

I'm convinced that there is canine and equine blood coursing through the Windsor veins...which means they all prefer the country. Although I have seen my fair share of dogs in Manhattan. :D

Yes didn't prince Phillip make some joke about princess Anne only liking something that ate hay or something like that.

Yes didn't prince Phillip make some joke about princess Anne only liking something that ate hay or something like that.

He said - "If it doesn't fart or eat hay then she isn't interested"

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

He said - "If it doesn't fart or eat hay then she isn't interested"

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I can just see her granddaughters in a few years, "Hear comes Gran and her horses-dressed-as-santa wrapping paper."

Yes, I know I'm OT. It's Christmas - couldn't resist. :D

Prince Charles is a devoted grandpa who "comes alive" around his grandchildren.

But despite his love for Prince George, 2, and Princess Charlotte, 7 months, he has yet to take one task: Changing diapers.

In a new documentary, When Ant and Dec Met The Prince: 40 Years of the Prince's Trust, British comedy duo Ant and Dec sat down with Prince Charles to chat about the 40th anniversary of his charitable foundation – and his relationship with his grandkids.

And while he admitted it that's avoided diaper duty (as of yet!), Charles was eager to tell Ant and Dec how grateful he is for his grandchildren.
Read more: Prince Charles Says He's Never Changed George or Charlotte's Diapers : People.com

He probably changed one for Wills and or Harry.

Its not a far-fetched reality that HRH The Prince of Wales has not changed a diaper on any baby. It's honestly not that unbelievable and not surprising at all.
Exactly. I don't know that many grandfathers, especially of Charles' generation, who do change diapers. They just don't, regardless of who they are.

I think Charles had his share of diaper duty with William and Harry in the early 80's. I think he's happy to allow William & Catherine handle that now.

I think Charles had his share of diaper duty with William and Harry in the early 80's. I think he's happy to allow William & Catherine handle that now.

I doubt Charles has had any share of diaper duty...ever. It's even doubtful Kate or Will have had much 'nappie' duty themselves either.

William said he changed George before they even left the hospital. They didn't get Nanny Maria until March 2014 so they had months with no full time nanny. Jessie Webb was just a spot duty fill in nanny. Plus the nanny isn't working 24/7.

I doubt Charles has had any share of diaper duty...ever. It's even doubtful Kate or Will have had much 'nappie' duty themselves either.

With Will and Kate both being very hands on parents, I would imagine they do the majority of the diaper changing along with either in the in progress or the upcoming potty training for George.

I can't remember where I read it as it was quite a long time ago but I do remember reading about Charles changing diapers when his boys were little. If Charles and Diana were anything, they were dedicated parents,

Oh yes, Charles changed his children's diapers before. The Cambridge's do change their kids diapers. The royals may have nannies, but they do the same what all parents do. These royals aren't the same as the royals from a 100 or more years ago.

I really doubt any royals changed diapers before Charles and Diana and for them they probably did very little. I. Would also assume will and Kate do very little diapering. That doesn't mean they are bad parents

I really doubt any royals changed diapers before Charles and Diana and for them they probably did very little. I. Would also assume will and Kate do very little diapering. That doesn't mean they are bad parents

That wouldn't mean their bad parents, but William & Catherine are very hands on parents. I know people imagine the royals holding up their babies, sinking diapers and all, and handing them over to the nanny to take care of it. Trust me, William & Catherine change those diapers. Obviously, when they're away on duties, the nanny do it.

William even mentioned that he used to wake up with George feed him while they both listened to their favorite radio station.

Yeah, I just do not see that happening either. :rolleyes::confused::D

As Nanny Maria only works a maximum of 48 hrs a week, who do you think cares for the children the other 120 hrs? Lupo?

The very fact that the Cambridges only have one nanny - most royal couples have two or three - tells me that they’re quite hands on. Obviously, when they become full-time royals they’ll have to hire additional support. But right now, they, Catherine in particular, can enjoy being the main caregiver of their children.

The problem is that people have this fantasy idea of how royals of today live their lives. It would shock you on how normal their lives are. They change their kids diapers like everybody else. Nobody likes it though, including them.

I agree. Madonna once said in an interview that she's never changed a diaper in her life (at least 2 of her kids are her own). I believe this to be true for many celebrities or people of high social standard.

As Nanny Maria only works a maximum of 48 hrs a week, who do you think cares for the children the other 120 hrs? Lupo?

The very fact that the Cambridges only have one nanny - most royal couples have two or three - tells me that they’re quite hands on. Obviously, when they become full-time royals they’ll have to hire additional support. But right now, they, Catherine in particular, can enjoy being the main caregiver of their children.
I agree. I mean... the math just doesn't add up :p

How certain do we know that Maria works 48hours/week?

Well. She can legally work only a certain amount of hours. So even if she was overworked etc it couldn't add up to way more.

This may be way off base but its how I would imagine Maria's employment with the Cambridges to be like. Remember, this is solely of my own invention and could be way off from how things are. We'll probably never know as I don't expect any details to ever be made public.

First off, I would imagine that Maria is paid a salary and most likely, a very generous one too. I don't think she'd have set hours for when she's taking care of the kids such as a 9 to 5 day for 5 days a week. She lives with the Cambridges as full time staff and most likely sits down with Kate quite often to set up a schedule for when she is needed. She'd be informed of moving back and forth between Anmer and KP and with Kate's daily planner, knows when she'll be needed to be in charge of the children for when Kate has other obligations to fulfill. With a flurry of activity for a week in London, Maria may be very, very busy with child care and times at Anmer when its just family time and Daddy going to his air ambulance job, Maria may have more time to herself.

I think she's employed as a full time nanny in service to the Cambridges but that doesn't necessarily mean that she's "on the job" being the primary caregiver when mom and dad are readily available and want to do the parenting themselves. She's always there though should she be needed at a moment's notice should something crop up. She works with the Cambridges and her services are on a "when needed" basis.

No one works 24/7.
The children do sleep and both have been sleeping through the night for some time.

IMO, it depends on where the children sleep that determines if the parents or the nanny is the one taking care of the children during the night.

If at Anmer they stay near their parents, then W&K are taking care of the children if they should wake up during the night. If at KP and they are in the night nursery then Maria is taking care of the children during the night.

I think this would make the most sense as when W&K are in London they are more than likely performing royal duties, while at Norfolk Catherine is more than likely just a mother.

Last edited:
If I remember Correctly, nannies don't get paid generously. Someone could find it but I believe I read somewhere she only get like 30 thousand pound a year. I also read that she has her owned apartment w/ a kitchen within the Cambridge household, so it not like she has a room where she can't disappear from her employers. I would also assume she has a social life.

Interviews with people who know her stated she had no social life and her charges were her life. She is just that focused on her career. But who really knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom