The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I am sorry but I agree, to me, it is also nice to see P. George a little messed up instead of staged and combed like a baby doll we usually see, here he looks just like any normal 2 year old boy, tennis shoes, normal clothing and messed up hair.
I think all clothing George wears is normal, it's just appropriate for different events. I'm just happy that he's not dressed in shirts with superheroes, monster trucks, or various TV/movie characters. I find those extremely tasteless, and tacky. Plain, no-nonsense, functional attire for playtime, and something on the old-fashioned side for official engagements.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think all clothing George wears is normal, it's just appropriate for different events. I'm just happy that he's not dressed in shirts with superheroes, monster trucks, or various TV/movie characters. I find those extremely tasteless, and tacky. Plain, no-nonsense, functional attire for playtime, and something on the old-fashioned side for official engagements.

The advantage of those types of shirts is that they're what kids want to wear. I have a nephew who's about a year older than George is and he takes great pride in being able to pick out what shirt he wears every day, and wants to wear shirts with his favourite characters on it - he'll even walk up to people and point out who's on his shirt.

Those types of clothes might seem tasteless or tacky on an adult, but that's because they're childish. Why not let kids dress like kids? There's no problem with George dressing in plain clothes or even dressing up and I'm sure we're going to see lots of that. I also wouldn't argue that George should show up at the next Trooping wearing a Ninja Turtles shirt, but for a regular day, why not? He's a kid.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Totally agree. There are plenty of clothes that are appropriate for children that are not commercially promoted shirts. Striped T-shirts, colored ones or plain white ones have been around for a long time. Those that promote Disney characters, super heroes and camouflage are, IMO, just awful and they are there to make money for specific corporations.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Totally agree. There are plenty of clothes that are appropriate for children that are not commercially promoted shirts. Striped T-shirts, colored ones or plain white ones have been around for a long time. Those that promote Disney characters, super heroes and camouflage are, IMO, just awful and they are there to make money for specific corporations.
Exactly! I would gladly allow my kids to decorate their rooms with their favorite characters, and to have them as toys, or pencil cases, but clothing is not a place for them. Preferences can be expressed in their favorite color. I don't think it's appropriate for a child to be an advertisement for a movie, or anything else. Clothing is to be respectful, functional, and appropriate for age/occasion. Leave all the frivolous stuff out of my (future) children's closets. The only 'decorations' on my clothing are little Polo/Ralph Lauren emblems on shirts/sweaters that are of that name brand. But they're pretty small, so they don't draw attention to themselves. I don't see why children can't be dressed in similar fashion. It's tasteful, instead of trashy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Small children like to identify with their favorite characters that come into their lives. Although we never bought the "commercial" type clothing for our children, my oldest always insisted on wearing striped shirts as they were his "Ernie" shirts just like Ernie and Bert on Sesame Street.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's actually good to see George spending time with his grandmother. Very nice pictures.
I agree. And in a perfect world we would also have seen pictures of Grandma Diana taking Prince George on outings like she did with William and Harry.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Royal Highness

On the commersial "discussion". George actually had a superman pyjamas when younger. Kate saw a boy with a superman shirt in the crowd and told him that Goerge has a superman pyjamas :)
Old 06-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I'm sure the pictures of George and Carole are very adorable but for ethical reasons I won't click. I can't lambast the media for illegally stalking a child and destroying his bubble of normalcy if I'm participating in his dehumanization.
I have also chosen not 'to click.' Do I want to see them? Oh yes! But if I click on it, it supports their ridiculous hounding of these folks. Each click brings them money, which rewards them.

I wish they could be more like the Danes and just get on bikes and head down the street with everyone else.... but maybe the mystery would be lost.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
I have also chosen not 'to click.' Do I want to see them? Oh yes! But if I click on it, it supports their ridiculous hounding of these folks. Each click brings them money, which rewards them.

I wish they could be more like the Danes and just get on bikes and head down the street with everyone else.... but maybe the mystery would be lost.
If they got on bikes and rode down the street, they'd probably be trailed by dozens of paparazzi. I don't think it's really an option for them, though I'm sure they probably wish it were otherwise.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I agree. And in a perfect world we would also have seen pictures of Grandma Diana taking Prince George on outings like she did with William and Harry.
I thought about that as soon as I saw these pictures. I know George and Charlotte will hear great stories about their late grandmother. I'm just happy they have a grandmother in their lives and we get to see pictures like this. It's just another set of memorable pictures to look back on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-26-2015, 05:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Is it just me, or does George seem to have wavy or slightly curly hair? In the official photos he probably has had his hair tamed, moussed, and worked on, but from the photos of him just out and about with Carole his hair appears to be wavy. Do either Will or Kate, or any of the grandparents, have curly or wavy hair?
Prince Charles
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1462630/th...ADSHOT-570.jpg

Princes Elizabeth
http://37.130.225.215/~grannys/wp-co...6/S2KPD00Z.jpg

Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
http://images.fineartamerica.com/ima...02-everett.jpg
Old 06-26-2015, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
On the commersial "discussion". George actually had a superman pyjamas when younger. Kate saw a boy with a superman shirt in the crowd and told him that Goerge has a superman pyjamas :)

Spider-Man not Superman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-pyjamas.html

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-26-2015, 07:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO View Post
LMAO, that tumblr is the last place that info should be gotten. And all of those pics come from legit photo agencies that she is referring to and have been posted all of tumblr, instagram, and twitter. Not to mention there is video that shows George getting that finger because he was trying to making a run down the hill by himself.
LOL sorry I thought some pics hadn't been seen before, maybe because I hadn't seen some of them....
Old 06-26-2015, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

Seeing that picture of the Queen Mother makes me realize for the first time how much Eugenie looks like her Great Grandmother.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
George getting the "no" finger
http://media2.corbisimages.com/Corbi...2-73665910.jpg

William getting the "no" finger
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...-nanny-2-z.jpg
lol

Cute pictures of George with grandma Carole.
Glad that they were left alone, some pictures were taken but Carole and George looked like they had a nice time
Love the pictures but the second one made me sad, maybe its my middle class American showing but I thought the picture would of been of Diana telling him no, but with it being the nanny, I felt bad for William. I love that Kate is a hands one mom, and her family is very involved in George and now Charlotte life.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Small children like to identify with their favorite characters that come into their lives. Although we never bought the "commercial" type clothing for our children, my oldest always insisted on wearing striped shirts as they were his "Ernie" shirts just like Ernie and Bert on Sesame Street.
I understand why some folks don't want to buy "commercial" clothing for children, but children do love it. Not all parents have a choice, my kids received that kind of stuff from their extended family, particularly the grandparents.

My son refused to wear anything to bed but his superman pajamas. My daughter got a Cinderella dress from Disney World that my sister bought. I caught her trying to wear it everyday.

They get over it, but some adults don't. Look at how many people pay premium prices to carry a Coach purse.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Gentry

Another day, and another set of "Pap" (They seem unaware and i know some think that in that case the pics aren't paparazzi) pics of George and Kate. This time in German People. They are in a park. Both seem to be playing with a tractor. won't post link because i no longer want to contribute to the hounding of this family. whether they are aware or not. i'm sure they will make there way here in due time.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Another day, and another set of "Pap" (They seem unaware and i know some think that in that case the pics aren't paparazzi) pics of George and Kate. This time in German People. They are in a park. Both seem to be playing with a tractor. won't post link because i no longer want to contribute to the hounding of this family. whether they are aware or not. i'm sure they will make there way here in due time.
Interesting. Regardless of whether or not Kate and George were aware of the pictures being taken, they are still, by definition, paparazzi pictures (despite what some may think). I'm not surprised to hear about the pictures - I know I'm not the only one on here who's felt that, no matter how much they show off George publicly, there's still a market for paparazzi pics.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Gentry

I saw the photos before realizing they were pap photos - felt bad for clicking on them. IMO it is ok for photos like at polo - they knew there likely would be photographers there. But these photos are obviously from a distance, it is Kate and George's private time. Not cool.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Disappointing that they're not being given the privacy that they requested for their children even though they have had George out in public view more frequently.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte