The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

My goodness. It was just a day at the polo. Kate and George were there to see William. There was no PR angle, there was just a bunch of toddlers playing and enjoying themselves.

I posted pics in the current events thread of Autumn Philips playing on the hill with George. There are pics of Zara with her arms around William. William and Peter hugging one another. The families are obviously close.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Nobody is denying that William and Kate know Zara and the Phillips, though I don't know how often they get together really. However, if their son knew them he would show it more than he did.

No, heaven forbid. The royals NEVER use PR to get a point across. The thought would never cross their minds!

Old 06-15-2015, 12:10 PM
Gentry

Verly lovely pics from the polo. This is a nice one of Isla passing George his toy tractor.
http://previews.rexfeatures.com/prev...a2970b32aa33f5

Also that Mia is adorable. I see a bit of grandma Ann in her. lol

Aww i guess george scraped his knee
http://previews.rexfeatures.com/prev...15f587a488ddc1
Old 06-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, passed George the tractor. And after that....?
Old 06-15-2015, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO View Post
Verly lovely pics from the polo. This is a nice one of Isla passing George his toy tractor.

George is recoiling in horror! He obviously doesn't have a clue who anyone is. Just kidding. It was a lovely day. Glad everyone enjoyed themselves.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:21 PM

Very nice picture! I have no impression of a cold family climate. Everybody seems close to everybody. George may be a bit shy, but what's wrong with it? A lot of toddlers seem a bit grumpy. We have to remember that toddlers have a very different feeling about time because they are that young. When you are under two then is a time of two weeks when you don't meet someone, an eon to you. So you can't have feelings of family ties at that age The cousins are older and more caring and interested. The natural way of life!
Old 06-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

George knows his cousins (yes, they do have play dates because Mike has publically said so) and there were interactions between them all.

It was a nice family outing indeed.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, passed George the tractor. And after that....?

They probably continued to chat and play, and when the polo was over, headed back to Highgrove!
Old 06-15-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:

I can also see both the parents in Mia! She is a really cute little girl.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Serene Highness

I'll give my two cents on this conversation/psychoanalysis.

I do think it's interesting that in 2 years we've never seen Harry engage with George. We've seen Charles, Zara, Peter and Autumn all interact with him, even if it's been slightly one-sided on their part. Maybe Harry doesn't like being displaced as the baby of the Wales branch. Charles always seemed to spoil and dote on Harry, which fed into Harry's random streaks of immaturity. Now Charles is all about gushing over George and Charlotte at his engagements. Charles wanted his grandson next to him on the Trooping balcony and Harry was left in the background. Harry is 30, out of the Army and single. For the first time the media and BRF are treating him as a full-fledged adult instead of a mischievous lad. No wonder he's gluing himself to his much younger party loving York cousins. They offer him avoidance, George offers him a reminder.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Nobody is denying that William and Kate know Zara and the Phillips, though I don't know how often they get together really. However, if their son knew them he would show it more than he did.

No, heaven forbid. The royals NEVER use PR to get a point across. The thought would never cross their minds!

Zara is George's godmother. I'm sure she sees him. I'm certain that wasn't done for PR purposes.

They seemed like an affectionate group to me. Lots of hugs all around.

But then who George plays with in a few pics really doesn't tell me the relationship he has with people. That at 2 he was frequently with his mom is not surprising to me.

As for Trooping, the person who interacted with George the most was William, not surprising since he was the one holding him. But, I saw Kate, Charles and the Queen smiling at him. He wasn't ignored by everyone, for sure.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunam View Post
Very nice picture! I have no impression of a cold family climate. Everybody seems close to everybody. George may be a bit shy, but what's wrong with it? A lot of toddlers seem a bit grumpy. We have to remember that toddlers have a very different feeling about time because they are that young. When you are under two then is a time of two weeks when you don't meet someone, an eon to you. So you can't have feelings of family ties at that age The cousins are older and more caring and interested. The natural way of life!
If one has decided there is a problem within the BRF, then nothing can persuade one to the contrary.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

He is too young in my opinion to care about the older people he likes what he likes and plays with those he wants. I would never assume he didn't know people from a couple of photos. This is his family I'm sure he is around them, they simply are not interesting to him. As for affection the royals are not known for being overly affectionate in public.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

May 2014 was the first and perhaps the only time George has met Mia and the Tindalls. Mike talks about it here and also their packed schedules meaning that they don't meet that often. George was then ten months old.

Prince George's first meeting with cousin Mia was 'carnage', says Mike Tindall - hellomagazine.com

No not all royals. Look at the Swedish, Dutch, Danish, for examples of how their grandchildren are treated.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:23 PM
Majesty

george is turning into a gorgeous little boy. what a set of precious pictures of kate playing with him!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-15-2015, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'll give my 2 cents. As a mother of an (almost) 2 year old, I can tell you that small children can be very fickle. You really can't predict how they will act or react. There are times when I take my son to playdates and he's not interested in anything but the toys. Other times hes's hugging and playing with the other children. Same goes for the adults in his life. Sometimes he wants to nothing but his daddy and other times he clings to only me. So if you were to take a snapshot of any of those moments, you would get a picture of our lives that wasn't complete.

It's sometimes easy to look at a set of photographs and form an opinion, but one must understand that those are just small moments in their lives. We have no way of knowing what goes on in their private time. It's quite possible that Charles (and Harry) had already spent the morning playing with George.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News: May 2015

The Tindalls were at George's birthday party last July. There are photos of them going into KP. The Philips were at Sandringham for Christmas so they would have been there along with the Cambridges.

George doesn't have his family tree memorized. He might not know the blonde lady with the sunglasses is his daddy's cousin or his godmother yet. But he also didn't run away and start crying for his mummy when Zara crouched down to talk to him.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, as a mother and grandmother I take on board what you say. It is possible that Charles (and Harry) spent the morning playing with George. But isn't it funny and rather odd that members of other royal families like the Danes and Swedes manage to be spontaneous and affectionate with their nephews, nieces and grandchildren in front of the camera at least sometimes, while with the BRF it's 'Well they must have played with them/shown affection to them/ given them hugs privately" because somehow (bad luck maybe) that darn camera never shows it.

I don't think that a meeting in May and the birthday party scream close personal ties between the children. Mike Tindall speaks of packed personal schedules. The Phillips were at Sandringham. The Cambridges weren't. They were reputedly at Anmer with Kate's family.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I honestly don't find it odd at all. I've seen many photos and videos of other royal families not being affectionate with their nieces, grandchildren, etc.

Plus we have have seen a couple of photos of George and Charles playing privately.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm a mother and grandmother as well...I hug my grandkids all the time when I see them..however even though there are a number of pics around I don't think there is a single one showing me hugging them...or other family members either, even though we ALWAYS hug each other when together.

LaRae

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte