Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Sheesh...let's not wish anyone dead!

LaRae
Huh? DeeLee79 didn't say anything about dying. She could be Queen without her brother dying. He can choose not be a monarch. But well, I don't want that to happen, but it's not 100% a sure thing, as history proves it otherwise.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

She could be the wife of King Christian XI of Denmark. Thus avoiding the tragic death of George.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

Fabulous new photos of the Duchess and PG at the polo.

No problems with little George getting grass all over his cardi.

Can't link from my tablet -check out the "Daily Mail/Mail Online".
Old 06-14-2015, 05:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Fabulous new photos of the Duchess and PG at the polo.

No problems with little George getting grass all over his cardi.

Can't link from my tablet -check out the "Daily Mail/Mail Online".

The pictures have been posted in the thread that deals with the current events. I love the grass on the cardigan. Very 'little boy' .

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
The pictures have been posted in the thread that deals with the current events. I love the grass on the cardigan. Very 'little boy' .

Thanks Daria_S.

Such exuberance in these and yesterday's window photos of PG.

Wonder what happened just before the one of the Duchess' "Mum's the boss" finger wave?

Poor George - I think he's seen that before.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
It is a very lovely photo, but only an old British royal would play with his grandson on the lawn in a suit!
For all kids with parents and relatives that wear suits most of the days will not think it is strange. They will be happy to play whenever there is time - dressed in suit or not.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:28 AM
Courtier

He reminds me so much of William at that age. Kate looks nice and relaxed some mummy son time. Love the pictures he seems like a real boys boy into everything. I love that Charles was there it was a family thing and all George's girl cousins too haven't they all grown! Next year I hope we see little Princess Charlotte there too.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

William is a cutie, a lovely little boy. However, at the polo he didn't interact with any of the other children, seemed confused as to who Zara and Autumn were, and didn't take any notice of them.

It was the same story with his grandfather. We didn't see any rough-housing or grandfatherly hugs, or hugs from uncle Harry, or embraces from George towards either of these two relatives.

The only person George seemed to be reacting to was his mother and, briefly, his father. The inanimate polo stick received more of this toddler's attention, as did his wooden train.

Just how often does George see his uncle and grandfather, let alone people like Zara and Autumn and their lovely and lively children?

It's fine for Kate to bring George to the polo to meet these relatives. However, they can't disguise the fact of his not really knowing anyone.

It was the same on the balcony at the Trooping of the Colour. Not one bit of real interaction between this little boy and his Windsor relatives with the exception of his parents. A glance maybe, from Charles, Harry hung back, the Queen took no notice of her toddler great-grandson. Nothing. Just take a look at those photos.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
William is a cutie, a lovely little boy. However, at the polo he didn't interact with any of the other children, seemed confused as to who Zara and Autumn were, and didn't take any notice of them.

It was the same story with his grandfather. We didn't see any rough-housing or grandfatherly hugs, or hugs from uncle Harry, or embraces from George towards either of these two relatives.

The only person George seemed to be reacting to was his mother and, briefly, his father. The inanimate polo stick received more of this toddler's attention, as did his wooden train.

Just how often does George see his uncle and grandfather, let alone people like Zara and Autumn and their lovely and lively children?

It's fine for Kate to bring George to the polo to meet these relatives. However, they can't disguise the fact of his not really knowing anyone.

It was the same on the balcony at the Trooping of the Colour. Not one bit of real interaction between this little boy and his Windsor relatives with the exception of his parents. A glance maybe, from Charles, Harry hung back, the Queen took no notice of her toddler great-grandson. Nothing. Just take a look at those photos.
This may be the first time he met all these people, so more than understandable if he were a bit overwhelmed. From the pictures, it looked like all the kids were more content to engage in parallel play, which is age-appropriate, even for the bit older Savannah and Isla. Not to mention that George is probably too active to engage in much of an organized game. He played and interacted with those he felt comfortable with, so naturally his parents. I don't see any issues. He was able to venture away from his mother a little bit, albeit for a short bit of time. People are putting too much emphasis on children being social butterflies, and not take into account that some kids just prefer to play by themselves, with their parents, and maybe a few children. That's perfectly normal. As for the interactions on the balcony, it was another new experience, and therefore, completely acceptable that he interacted with those he felt safe with. I think perhaps it's too soon to start assuming that George doesn't socialize enough. His social skills appear to be age-appropriate, which is what matters

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Leave it to the same people over and over to always have a go at the Cambridges even if that means little Prince George.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

George knows the Phillips's and Tindall's because they have play dates at each other houses every now and then.

The royals most likely interacted with George during refreshments before they emerged onto the balcony. The Queen did pay attention to her great-grandson to give him heads up on the flypast. The interaction is in a video.
Charles smiled a lot to his grandson as George waved to the crowds.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-15-2015, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not having a go at anyone, just noting my observations that in all these photos that have come out we see little or no interaction between George and the Windsor side of the family.

And in case of it being pointed out that I am a Harry supporter (Yes I am) I wrote that there was nothing from Harry either. Zara spun her daughter round, and Charles took notice of the younger Phillips daughter.

But there was no touching of his grandson from Charles, was there? I realise that the Windsors probably aren't a very touchy-feely family but George acted as if he didn't know Zara or Autumn either, and probably doesn't . How many play-dates has George been on to the Tindalls and Phillips, according to the Press?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Curryong I personally don't know what to tell you. All the photos and videos look fine to me. Its well known you don't like the Cambridges so maybe, just maybe you're projecting your own biases

I see a happy and healthy toddler playing and laughing.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
This may be the first time he met all these people, so more than understandable if he were a bit overwhelmed. From the pictures, it looked like all the kids were more content to engage in parallel play, which is age-appropriate, even for the bit older Savannah and Isla. Not to mention that George is probably too active to engage in much of an organized game. He played and interacted with those he felt comfortable with, so naturally his parents. I don't see any issues. He was able to venture away from his mother a little bit, albeit for a short bit of time. People are putting too much emphasis on children being social butterflies, and not take into account that some kids just prefer to play by themselves, with their parents, and maybe a few children. That's perfectly normal. As for the interactions on the balcony, it was another new experience, and therefore, completely acceptable that he interacted with those he felt safe with. I think perhaps it's too soon to start assuming that George doesn't socialize enough. His social skills appear to be age-appropriate, which is what matters

I'm going to take into consideration that from a few photos we didn't see everything that occurred between the kids yesterday. I agree that George was interested in playing with his mother and the polo stick. Mia seemed to be busy on her own as well. From looking at a few pictures these under-two years of age, their social skills seem to be on track. As the Queen's younger great-grandchildren mature, I do believe they'll interact with their Phillips' cousins more.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

No one is saying he's not healthy and happy and perfectly normal , just that perhaps he doesn't see as many relatives on his father's side of the family as we have been led to believe. Or at least doesn't see them so often as we would like to believe. That last photo of Charles on the lawn in a suit with his little grandson was taken on the same day as when George wore a sun hat and was in the framed photo on Charles's desk probably.

By the way, I'm not completely inexperienced in the ways of small children. I have three adult children and four grandchildren.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm not having a go at anyone, just noting my observations that in all these photos that have come out we see little or no interaction between George and the Windsor side of the family.

And in case of it being pointed out that I am a Harry supporter (Yes I am) I wrote that there was nothing from Harry either. Zara spun her daughter round, and Charles took notice of the younger Phillips daughter.

But there was no touching of his grandson from Charles, was there? I realise that the Windsors probably aren't a very touchy-feely family but George acted as if he didn't know Zara or Autumn either, and probably doesn't . How many play-dates has George been on to the Tindalls and Phillips, according to the Press?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Curryong I personally don't know what to tell you. All the photos and videos look fine to me. Its well known you don't like the Cambridges so maybe, just maybe you're projecting your own biases

I see a happy and healthy toddler playing and laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I'm going to take into consideration that from a few photos we didn't see everything that occurred between the kids yesterday. I agree that George was interested in playing with his mother and the polo stick. Mia seemed to be busy on her own as well. From looking at a few pictures these under-two years of age, their social skills seem to be on track. As the Queen's younger great-grandchildren mature, I do believe they'll interact with their Phillips' cousins more.
Let us not forget these pictures were taken over a short period of time and did not cover the entire period that the families were at the polo. Do we have pictures of everybody arriving? What was the level of interaction when they met. Do we know where they came from?

My guess is that since this event was at Tetbury, the Cambridge's and Harry have probably been staying at Highgrove, and Charles had probably got to play / spend time with George there.

George may well have played with the other Phillips grandchildren, and just not photographed doing so.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Exactly from all the pics i saw mia was playing with a push chair and i havnet seen a pic of her with the cousins i assume she sees regularly because they stay on the same property. Not to mention there is also a pic of mia looking non to interested in Autumn, again who i assume she sees regularly. But i'm not going to assume that she doesn't know or spend time with them. Also there is a very lovely pic of george smiling at Autumn. Also is neither charles nor harry took an interest in George i'm not exactly sure how that reflects on George or his parenting.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not saying anything about the parenting given to George and I'm certainly not criticising the toddler George. I'm just noting however that George is supposed to have been at the Phillips and Tindalls for play dates yet doesn't seem to know who the two women are. He took no notice of the other children either.

Charles supposedly complained according to the tabloids that he scarcely sees his grandson. These reports may well be all lies and probably are, but in photos where the extended family is gathered at the polo, where is the evidence that George wants to interact with a much loved grandfather, like giving him a hug and getting one back in return? All the evidence of affection between them can't always be-offstage, can it?

Either grandparents are tactile and affectionate or they're not, and if they're not then fine! But don't let's make out that George and Charles adore each other so much they can't spend a week apart.

Same with Harry. The Press have asked Harry about George often and Harry has given the impression he visits and enjoys his nephew's company. Harry is a tactile person and fond of children but for all the evidence of these photos George could be one of those children that Harry interacts with on public engagements. A stranger, in other words.

We've had this conversation before, on another thread, when I pointed out that there were tons of affectionate photos between continental royals and their grandchildren, including hugs, kisses and having them on their laps. Did you see Leonore being handed round to brother in law/sister at the Swedish royal wedding? And then we have the BRF and a grandfather who couldn't even be bothered to turn up to his grandson's first birthday party!

I'd hate to think that this polo excursion was a piece of PR, planned to show the windsors playing happy families, but I have my doubts really.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Gentry

Seems to have been a faill at PR then and it doesn't seem like anyone tried that hard to maKe it a success. lol
Old 06-15-2015, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

No. And the reason it failed was that you can't make a child of that age respond to people he doesn't know or feels no connection with.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte