Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are young cousins near Louise and James's age just not first cousins. Viscount Linley's daughter and the two daughters of Lady Helen Taylor are near Louise's age.

George and Charlotte could have they same situation since none their parents siblings are married and probably not having kids soon so the relatives in the near age group are Mia, Isla and Savannah all second cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Once the kids hit school age, they start making their own circles of friends so I don't think its all that big of a deal to have relatives close in age to play with. Of course it can and does make family occasions far more enjoyable.

Nobody is denying that William and Kate know Zara and the Phillips, though I don't know how often they get together really. However, if their son knew them he would show it more than he did.

No, heaven forbid. The royals NEVER use PR to get a point across. The thought would never cross their minds!

And certain people will see only they want to see and then twist it to suit their own biases and agenda. Sad.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I made the remark about Leonore wearing her ancestors dress in response to a previous poster who spoke about George's balcony outfit and said that the Swedes do it all the time, not because of anything to do with Carl Gustav.

In none of my posts have I said anything nasty about the Cambridges or George or Kate in particular. I originally posted because it seemed to me when viewing the photos on the balcony and the ones at the polo that George was not interacting with other children and didn't seem to know who the other adults like Zara and Autumn were.

I also remarked that George did not seem to be reacting to other adults on the balcony except his mother and father and it was the same at the polo. I also posted that there were no photos of Charles embracing his grandson in a grandfatherly way.

I still do not believe that George sees that much of his grandfather or has seen the Phillips and Tindalls more than a couple of times. I do think that the royals employ PR tactics at times to get a point across.

Apparently I am not allowed to hold these views, which in some eyes are akin to attacking Kate, William, George and the entire royal family in some terrible way. I'm no longer going to post any more on this because of course you are all in the right and I am entirely in the wrong.

I remember speaking to a journalist friend before Diana and Charles's marriage broke down and he told me that no stories were to be printed in the paper he worked for which even hinted at any cracks in the union at all because people wanted so much to believe in the fairy tale.

God forbid now, a generation later, that anyone ever suggests that the Windsors suffer from family stresses and strains, or that many of them hardly ever see each other from month to month or that some stories about them are simply PR, or that George doesn't have dozens of family visits from relatives each week, because of course they would all be dreadful lies wouldnt they?

Nice, turn yourself into a victim because people have 1. disagreed with you and 2. provided plenty of evidence to contradict your statements.

By the way, if you think that it isn't hurtful or mean-spirited to talk about how a kid, in your opinion, doesn't get enough love or attention from his grandfather and uncle, to imply that a kid is so sheltered that he doesn't interact with other family members around him, or to suggest that a family (high-profile though it might be) is staging family activities as PR stunts, all the while having no evidence to back up that assertion, then I don't know what to tell you.

Anyone want to psycho analyze the pix of George and Charlotte?

Inside George's head -"Lupo, I swear it just this one time. Mummy is making me. You're still my go to picture buddy. Us bros have to stick together but she promise me biscuits if I posed with little miss diaper here. You know I'm a sucker for biscuits. Where are you going Lupo. No not giant wombat...." ?

It is time to move the discussion on from speculating and attempting to psychoanalyse the relationship between members of the Royal Family. Apart from anything else, there are no grounds for doing so.

Lupo was also there too. When does the Harry uses the Royal Helicopter outrage article come out since we had one for William last week? ?

That was a Richard Palmer article. He always directs his ire at the Cambridges even if there's a blatant double standard.

It reminds me of April 2013 when Catherine was bashed for taking a helicopter to an engagement. Harry took a helicopter the same day(a shorter distance for him), and he received no negative response.

Even Victoria Arbiter found the hypocrisy upsetting. Here were a couple of her tweets.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 25 Apr 2013
I do find it interesting that Kate arrives by helicopter + everyone goes nuts but Harry does the same + no one bats an eyelid.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 25 Apr 2013
Harry spared because he's a blood royal or because he's a guy? Men are often less harshly judged. What do you think? #helicopter

Last edited:
I'll give my two cents on this conversation/psychoanalysis.

I do think it's interesting that in 2 years we've never seen Harry engage with George. We've seen Charles, Zara, Peter and Autumn all interact with him, even if it's been slightly one-sided on their part. Maybe Harry doesn't like being displaced as the baby of the Wales branch...r.
Or maybe since Harry lives in Nott Cott @ KP and George is often at nearby 1A also in KP Harry sees quite a bit of his only nephew.
I've read the William and Harry used to enjoy watching their dad come and go in helicopters - looks like George is following suit. Anyone w/ me in predicting George will grow up to be a helicopter pilot like his dad and uncle?

Or maybe since Harry lives in Nott Cott @ KP and George is often at nearby 1A also in KP Harry sees quite a bit of his only nephew.

I was being glib with that post. It was my way of gently poking fun at those putting a Freudian analysis on the polo photos. I often question how close Harry and William really are, but I don't think Harry harbors ill will towards his niece and nephew. If he ever pulls an Edward V on George, I'll eat all my shoes. :lol:

I was being glib with that post. It was my way of gently poking fun at those putting a Freudian analysis on the polo photos. I often question how close Harry and William really are, but I don't think Harry harbors ill will towards his niece and nephew. If he ever pulls an Edward V on George, I'll eat all my shoes. :lol:

Off topic, but what did Edward V do to his brother?

Edward V was one of the princes in the tower that disappeared. He didn't do anything to his brother but his uncle Richard III is the prime suspect in the Royal brothers death.

:previous: Then I'm with Ish on this one: how might he 'pull an Edward V'. I don't get it. :sad: I'm being dense, I know.

Last edited:
It's believed Richard III killed his nephews - Edward V and Richard, The Duke of York; so he could rule without better claimants. I suppose Charlotte is The Duke of York in this scenario.

Of course, this all could have been Shakespearean propaganda run amok. We'll never know.

Last edited:
I've seen other theories discussed with some merit. Buckingham killed them or the Tudor's themselves killing the boys.

LaRae

It wasn't Shakespeare propaganda, the rumours that Richard III had his nephews killed predate Shakespeare by a lot - it's more likely Tudor propaganda. Propaganda aside, Richard is one of a few of the likely suspects.

That said, Harry wouldn't be pulling a "Edward V" were he to displace his nephew and niece - Edward V didn't displace anyone. More properly it would be pulling a Richard III (not that Richard was the first English monarch to displace his child nephew).

Highgrove House, Prince Charles' country estate is now home to two new special additions thanks to the help of the Prince's grandson, Prince George.

The youngster helped his green-fingered granddad plant two new trees in the grounds of the heir to the throne's country retreat.

This week's HELLO! magazine – issue 1385 – has exclusive details of the plantings done by the duo at the Gloucestershire property, which Charles bought in 1980.

Charles enjoys spending his time keeping up appearances of the Highgrove gardens which are visited each year by more than 30,000 people. HELLO! spoke to one visitor who described the Prince of Wales as "obviously very proud of Prince George".
More: Prince George plants trees with grandfather Prince Charles - hellomagazine.com

Something like planting a tree with Grandpa are the kind of days that create memories of a lifetime. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if those two trees are the George tree and the Charlotte tree and grow graciously on the Highgrove estate along with the trees from mommy and daddy's wedding. I would even bet my last pretzel that George will want to see his trees when he visits Grandma and Grandpa and see how big they've grown and "take care" of them.

A beautiful and blessed way to pass on a love for nature through the generations.

And people were concerned that the POW wasn't spending time with his grandson & heir.

Each family has its own dynamics and with the very busy life of the POW, visits probably have to be scheduled/arranged rather than the kids dropping in after lunch for a visit.

It doesn't mean anyone is less loved. It is just the way this family operates.

That's an adorable story about Charles and George planting trees. I wonder if George (and perhaps Charlotte) will share Charles's fondness for nature in the future.

And people were concerned that the POW wasn't spending time with his grandson & heir.

Each family has its own dynamics and with the very busy life of the POW, visits probably have to be scheduled/arranged rather than the kids dropping in after lunch for a visit.

It doesn't mean anyone is less loved. It is just the way this family operates.

I was just about to post the same thing. I think Charles loves his grandchildren as there have been a few other photos of him with George (the photo of him with George that was seen on his desk a while ago and the more recent one of him playing with George that was posted on Twitter) where they seem to be having a normal grandparent/grandchild relationship. And Charles also seemed to be interested in George at Trooping the Colour this year. Some people just show love differently to others. Just because we don't see Charles publicly hugging his grandson doesn't mean that he doesn't love him.

Last edited:
:previous: or seeing more of him has made things worse!!!

Dont get me wrong, I loved the official pics & outings that George had recently & cant wait the July 5 for more.
Its just that I have never believed that more official pics would solve the paparazzi problem. If you look at the Trooping and polo pics, you will see that the media loved the polo pics more & they loved the window pics vs balcony at Trooping.
I have always said that the appeal of the pap pics is that the person is going about their lives and are not aware of being photographed. Its how they behave when not on official duties. So the official pics, which the media always complain are staged, dont show the spontainity of the pap pics.

I have always felt that official pics will not make a difference with George.In fact the recent pics have shown just how popular he is and may result in an increase in pap pics since clearly there is a huge market for George pics. Even with the UK media not buying, the rest of the world especially the US & Aus are more than willing to publish. Thats what makes the situation different from other Euro royals, the international interest is low. Thus easier to curb pap pics with official ones. That, IMO, will never work with George.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom