Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 5: November 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LONDON, NOVEMBER 22 : The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles arrive at the Royal Opera House for a Winter Gala performance of Opera and Ballet on November 22, 2004 in London, England. (Photo by Anwar Hussein/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 432
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 400
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 331
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 366
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 355
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 410
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 393
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 438
24 NOVEMBER 2004

Camilla Parker Bowles made a striking impression in a burgundy gown when she accompanied Prince Charles to the ballet on Sunday. The elegantly tailored Robinson Valentine creation, made from fine velvet with shimmering revers in pink Indian silk, was complemented by a sparkling diamond necklace and earrings.

The dress bore a marked resemblance to the outfit she chose for a trip to the Peacock Theatre earlier this year. On that occasion the 57-year-old turned heads in a emerald velvet coat dress with turquoise silk lining and cuffs.

The Prince of Wales' long-time companion turned on the style for a glitzy gala to celebrate the reopening of the Royal Opera House. And her partner was also on memorable form, taking to the stage to give an impromptu speech to the packed auditorium.

Charles delighted the audience by poking fun at recent allegations he has outdated views. "I just wanted to say to all of you I think we have had a wonderfully old fashioned treat tonight," he said.

"As the very old fashioned patron of the Royal Opera for the last 26 years – so old fashioned that I now have to be sprayed at airports – I particularly want to say a huge thank you to all those who I know have worked unbelievably hard to make this a huge success."

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/11/24/camillaparkerbowles/

Attachments

• camillaparker-dop1a.jpg
    camillaparker-dop1a.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 385
Prince Charles in Edinburgh, presiding the Calor of ScottishCommunity of the Year Awards.

ABACA Press - Nov 26th

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 325
Caricature pics of Prince Charles...

Attachments

• charles.gif
    charles.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 405
  • charles1.gif
    charles1.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 401
Maybe it's just me but I really don't feel at ease with the Charles/ Camilla roadshow. I am 28 years old and was married in September of this year ( "James" is my husband's name, my name is Angela, I am using his e-mail address) and really feel that a line has to be drawn whether you are a regular person or a Royal. The Prince of Wales is carting around with a woman whose ex-husband is still alive and who is the mother of two children. It must be said that she is at least partly to blame for the fact that Charles' own two children no longer have a mother and yet the man is so arrogant that he parades his mistress in defiance of what, at least I believe, is the majority opinion in this country which is that he either take up with her officially or abdicate.

I would just like to point out that Camilla played no part in the death of Princess Diana and it's quite unfair to assume or imply that she did. Diana's death was a horrible accident.

Furthermore-William and Harry seem to like that their father is truly happy, and seem to have no problem with Camilla. As far as we can know neither does Charles's family (as if Queen Elizabeth II really had a problem with her, there is no way she would allow them to be living together). Charles has trained and been raised with the idea that he is to one day become King. It's his life (It would be like going to college for a degree in such and such and then being told after all those years of study and preperation that you couldn't do your trained job because you married a divorcee). A law states that he can't marry Camilla because her ex is still alive and therefore they are making the best out of a situation. The "people" need to just butt out of that part of his life in my opinion. Why stop a man from being happy, when in his last marriage he so obviously wasn't? It's no one elses business if you ask me.

Well, Britters, I'm not sure as to what extent you pay for your head of state but here in Britain the taxpayer significantly contributes to the upkeep of The Monarchy so it's not in our interests to, as you put it, "Butt out" of the heir to the throne's affairs. We have a financial right to know what's going on and if you really want to argue morality it can be said that at least the Duke of Windsor gave up the throne for his lady as opposed to our present Prince of Wles who insists on having his cake and eating it.

Camilla is guilty on a large part. She had no right to butt in C&D's marriage. Diana was a poor ingènue and Camilla used this.

Also I don't think it is a correct assumption that QE has no prob. w/ Camilla. According to the Diana tapes, the Queen said Charles is hopeless so I guess she feels there is nothing she can do.

I am not fond of Camilla/Charles duo myself. I don't think she had anything to do with Diana's death but she did contribute to Diana's "suffering". Camilla knew Charles was married and she should've butted out no matter how bad the marriage was.

Both Charles and Diana cheated but unlike Charles, Diana is not here to defend her actions herself.
If Charles wants to marry Camilla, he should have the right to but as I have said before I don't think Camilla should be Queen.

Reina said:
Also I don't think it is a correct assumption that QE has no prob. w/ Camilla. According to the Diana tapes, the Queen said Charles is hopeless so I guess she feels there is nothing she can do.
Yes you're right, Diana stated in the tapes that the Queen considers Charles hopeless, but she's the Queen, and I have no doubt that if she really had a problem with Camilla and Charles shacking up she would put an end to the whole situation. At that same time, I think maybe the "hopeless" comment was meant as a way for the Queen to stay out of Diana and Charles' affair long enough to give them a chance to work it out themselves. Diana never went back, and it is my opinion that if someone seriously thinks they need someone elses help in a situation, a "NO." with not be accepted.

I am not fond of Camilla/Charles duo myself. I don't think she had anything to do with Diana's death but she did contribute to Diana's "suffering". Camilla knew Charles was married and she should've butted out no matter how bad the marriage was.

Both Charles and Diana cheated but unlike Charles, Diana is not here to defend her actions herself.
If Charles wants to marry Camilla, he should have the right to but as I have said before I don't think Camilla should be Queen.
I also don't believe Camilla should be Queen, but I also don't think she wants to be Queen and I think that's a huge swaying point in my feelings and thoughts. I can see others point of view when they say that Charles should do the "right" thing and just marry Camilla already, but it seems his strong sense of duty to his country may be holding him back. Also I think that maybe his past marriage may play a key part in him not wanting or seeing a need in ever remarrying.

Here's my question, if he's happy like this, the tax payers aren't paying for Camilla and her "upkeep," because she is in no way part of the Royal Family officially, so where is the problem? It seems to me this is a rather easy solution to a tough situation.

I think Camilla had contributed to Diana’s death. If Charles and Camilla had not had the affair and if Charles had been faithful to Diana since the beginning of the marriage like Diana had been, I don’t think they would have gotten a divorce and I don’t think Diana would have died. However, I don’t 100% completely blame Camilla for Diana’s death. There were other factors too.

Juls said:
I think Camilla had contributed to Diana’s death. If Charles and Camilla had not had the affair and if Charles had been faithful to Diana since the beginning of the marriage like Diana had been, I don’t think they would have gotten a divorce and I don’t think Diana would have died. However, I don’t 100% completely blame Camilla for Diana’s death. There were other factors too.
I don't blame Camilla for Diana's death. Diana and Charles were completely incompatible from the start and probably should have never been married. Diana said that she knew of Charles' relationship with Camilla even before they were married. I can't understand why she still married him in spite of this.

Camilla contributed to Diana's unhappiness by undermining the fact that Diana was Charles' wife. Camilla however did not force Diana to have mutiple extra-marital affairs, or get into that car with Dodi Fayed.

King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece with the the Duke of Westminister visited Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles

Attachments

• R013-6751.jpg
    R013-6751.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 292
  • R013-6752.jpg
    R013-6752.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 407
  • R013-6753.jpg
    R013-6753.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 325
  • R013-6754.jpg
    R013-6754.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 322
  • R013-6755.jpg
    R013-6755.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 341
  • R013-6758.jpg
    R013-6758.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 312
But i have a question:Why Camilla always appear with Charles but not with The Queen or other members of British Royal Family like:Wills,Harry,Anne,Andrew..?So maybe it can show that The Queen(maybe) still does not agree Camilla.You can see,at the Wedding of the daughter of Duke of Westminster in November,they do not give a seat for Camilla near Charles because they think that she is not Royals yet.And she could not be Royals.

I think their are several reasons for this one, if you recall shortly after Diana died and the royal family didn't make a speech or anything many people took that as uncaring and thought the Queen was cold. If they start appearing with Camilla and Charles many of Diana's supporters and fans will take that as a spit in the face.

Another reason is that much of Camilla and Charles's relationship occured while he was married to Diana and I think the Queen wants to see if Camilla and Charles can withstand a real relationship in the public eye and not one in secret.

Queen is also not willing to give her blessing until Charles tells her he will marry Camilla and I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

kinneret5764 said:
I don't blame Camilla for Diana's death. Diana and Charles were completely incompatible from the start and probably should have never been married. Diana said that she knew of Charles' relationship with Camilla even before they were married. I can't understand why she still married him in spite of this.

Camilla contributed to Diana's unhappiness by undermining the fact that Diana was Charles' wife. Camilla however did not force Diana to have mutiple extra-marital affairs, or get into that car with Dodi Fayed.

Diana had tremendous pressure to marry Charles from her family, so I don't think she could have gotten out of it so easily. And I think that Camilla was indirectly responsible for Diana's death-marital and physical.

Please--Diana got into a car with a drunk driver and failed to use a seat belt--that's what caused her death.

Reina said:
And I think that Camilla was indirectly responsible for Diana's death-marital and physical.

One can make an argument for Camilla being directly and indirectly responsible for Diana's marriage ending, her insecurity about her relationship with Charles and her general unhappiness and insecurity. But Camilla being responsible -- even indirectly -- for Diana's death is false and inaccurate. Camilla was not one the one driving the car through that Parisian tunnel nor was she among the many paparazzi chasing Diana and Dodi al Fayed on that fateful night.

Even while Diana was alive Camilla didn't do anything directly to Diana. Camilla may have done things with Charles, such as having an affair with him or accepting his invitation to his and Diana's wedding, but ultimately it was always Charles who directly made decisions and choices that hurt Diana.

Up front, let me say that I loved Diana's style, and got into royal-watching because of her.

Having said that, I think all the interviews, books and tapes which have been released since her death, show me Diana was less stable than I thought. It wasn't just a case of she was unhappy and had affairs because Charles was cold to her and was having an affair with Camilla. And that therefore everything was Charles and Camilla's fault.

The most disturbing revelation to me from the tapes with the voice coach Settelen was that (1) she had an affair apparently first, with hew bodyguard Barry Manakee in 1984-85, (2) everyone knew about it, including Charles, and (3) Diana wanted to leave her 2 baby boys and Charles for Manakee!

I also found the revelation that Daina pushed Raine Spencer down the stairs and it gave Diana "great satisfaction" troubling.

I know I should be above listening to stories about people who have passed away. But I found the Settelen tapes interesting not only for their content and the calm sometimes happy way Diana revealed bad acts by herself, but also for the whole atmosphere of the taping session where Settelen is giving her positive reinforcement for doing and saying hurtful things. It makes me wonder if she was surrounded by sycophants who never told her the truth or the consequences of her actions; e.g., no you can't push people down the stairs because they make you mad. I guess the people who told her the truth are the ones who got cut out of her life.

All actions have consequences. The fact that she took advantage of an ingènue (in the early years) like Diana and butted in their marriage had consequences. Although Diana was not perfect, she did do the right thing by confronting Camilla and asking her to leave Charles alone, but C did not. And of course Charles had a bigger part, but don't you think he is a bit gullible and Camilla manipulated that even more? I think she indirectly caused her death physically, but she directly caused the death of the marriage. And anyway if Charles just wanted a mistress in the 1st place then I think it shows that he is in no hurry to marry Camilla. I think it is condescending to Camilla to be termed a mistress. Where is the self-respect...:confused:

Reina said:
All actions have consequences. The fact that she took advantage of an ingènue (in the early years) like Diana and butted in their marriage had consequences. Although Diana was not perfect, she did do the right thing by confronting Camilla and asking her to leave Charles alone, but C did not. And of course Charles had a bigger part, but don't you think he is a bit gullible and Camilla manipulated that even more? I think she indirectly caused her death physically, but she directly caused the death of the marriage. And anyway if Charles just wanted a mistress in the 1st place then I think it shows that he is in no hurry to marry Camilla. I think it is condescending to Camilla to be termed a mistress. Where is the self-respect...:confused:
You're right, all actions have consequences. According to the latest revelations, Diana comitted adultery first, so she started the process of destroying her own marriage either first or at the same time as Charles. The blame can be equally shared as far as I'm concerned.

As for Diana's physical well-being, you can't seriously suggest that Camilla would be responsible for Diana's physical well-being or death.

For exemple, early in the marriage, when Diana had a bout of bullemia and anoriexia, Charles volunteered to provide her with psychiatric care, but Diana refused. Btw bullemia and anorexia is a "self-image-perception" illness and it just can't be forced on someone. So we can't blame Charles nor Camilla for this illness although we can most certainly blame them for lack of emotional support. You might say that Diana was probably doing a tremendous amount of harm to her own health at the time.

As for Camilla being directly responsible for Diana's physical death, I believe Alexandria has already satisfactorily answered that question.

Charles and Constantine are cousins through Prince Philip?
Prince Philip's father and King Constantine's grandfather were brothers.

I am looking at a baby names book (not that I am having a baby, but I am at work-a library-and have nothing else to do). well anyway camilla is described as a young attendant..adn for an example it cites Camilla Parker Bowles as Prince Charles's lady friend...who indirectly caused Diana's (meaning: Roman goddess of the hunt's) death:p

Reina said:
I am looking at a baby names book (not that I am having a baby, but I am at work-a library-and have nothing else to do). well anyway camilla is described as a young attendant..adn for an example it cites Camilla Parker Bowles as Prince Charles's lady friend...who indirectly caused Diana's (meaning: Roman goddess of the hunt's) death:p
Charles, Diana and Camilla are to blame for the breakup of the marriage. Charles and Camilla for carrying on with each other; Diana for carrying on with everyone else. All three should be publicly whipped for their shameful behavior.

Reina said:
This doesn't even make sense.
In classical mythology Diana was not a Roman goddess but a GREEK godess of the hunt who was known to be a fervent hunter as well as someone who was always hunted.
I think you're making this up to prove your point because some other people don't agree with you.

Reina said:
The BOOK referred to Mrs Parker Bowles as indirectly causing Diana's death, or was that your addition? I should think a publisher would be rather wary of a lawsuit if it put something like that in print.

What's the ISBN of this book?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom