Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 4: May-November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ennyllorac said:
Has Camilla had a makeover? I think she looks better than she ever has. Whoever did her makeup did a great job. I do think she needs to update he hairstyle. I think it is the same hairstyle she had 30 year ago!

Maybe it's because she and Charles aren't catching quite as much flack these days for being together. She does seem to look better, more relaxed and happy. In the past, I always thought, her face looked pinched and she looked as though she were under a lot of stress or had a lot of tension problems.

Its too bad the rules are stated the way they are for the British Royals, as I think Charles and Camilla deserve to finally be happy with one another and be married. But alas Camilla is a divorcee whose ex is still alive. And the British public would throw quite the fit, which I also don't think is fair!

At any rate, Camilla does look better in these last sets of pictures!

Camilla Parker Bowles Attends Son's Book Launch

Camilla Parker Bowles arrives with her son Tom (left) for a book launch, - but the Prince of Wales had to miss the party because of duties abroad. Mrs Parker Bowles arrived at 7pm, an hour into the event in Kensington, west London, and posed for pictures with Tom, a food writer, before going inside. November 3, 2004 (Pictured: Camilla Parker Bowles, Tom Parker Bowles) Photo by PA/ABACA

http://www.abacausa.com

Attachments

• 778 copy.jpg
    778 copy.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 435343 copy.jpg
    435343 copy.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 4354534 copy.jpg
    4354534 copy.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
ennyllorac said:
Has Camilla had a makeover? I think she looks better than she ever has. Whoever did her makeup did a great job. I do think she needs to update he hairstyle. I think it is the same hairstyle she had 30 year ago!

Hmm...somehow, "surgery" comes to mind....

If Prince Charles marries Camilla, does she get to become the next queen of England ?

Britters said:
Maybe it's because she and Charles aren't catching quite as much flack these days for being together. She does seem to look better, more relaxed and happy. In the past, I always thought, her face looked pinched and she looked as though she were under a lot of stress or had a lot of tension problems.

Its too bad the rules are stated the way they are for the British Royals, as I think Charles and Camilla deserve to finally be happy with one another and be married. But alas Camilla is a divorcee whose ex is still alive. And the British public would throw quite the fit, which I also don't think is fair!

At any rate, Camilla does look better in these last sets of pictures!

No. If Prince Charles married Camilla right now he would have to forgoe his chances at the British throne and William would become second in line, because Camilla is a divorcee whose ex-husband is still alive. If Camilla's husband were to die and then Charles and she were to marry, then I don't believe there would be anymore laws standing in their way, and yes Camilla would become Queen. But I don't see that as likely, Camilla's ex is healthy.

Prince Charles at Princess Alice's funeral have post pictures?

Sara Boyce

Britters said:
No. If Prince Charles married Camilla right now he would have to forgoe his chances at the British throne and William would become second in line, because Camilla is a divorcee whose ex-husband is still alive. If Camilla's husband were to die and then Charles and she were to marry, then I don't believe there would be anymore laws standing in their way, and yes Camilla would become Queen. But I don't see that as likely, Camilla's ex is healthy.
I would think that the Queen will have stipulations in the event of her death regarding Camilla's future position within her family. There are just so many principles and traditions that are going to be broken and chaos could ensue if she doesn't have any say over what might happen when she dies.

Well, since Charles is already pushing 60 and most people seem to be focusing on the long term and William, I don't think Charles is going to be in much of a position to do too much damage. People are increasingly seeing him mostly as a place-holder.

Elspeth said:
Well, since Charles is already pushing 60 and most people seem to be focusing on the long term and William, I don't think Charles is going to be in much of a position to do too much damage. People are increasingly seeing him mostly as a place-holder.
I agree. I don't want to start a whole big thing about who will be the next king, but IMO Prince Charles' suitability (in terms to age, martial status, public opinion, ect.) can certainly be called into question.

This whole situation with the wedding and Camilla upsets me. This wedding is supposed to be about the bride and groom, Lady Tamara and Edward Van Custum...not the Prince Charles and Camilla. I think the prince is acting very childish and spoiled. I don't understand why he couldn't have somehow managed to be without his mistriss at his side for one afternoon and be there for his godson and his good friends. The fact of the matter is according to royal protocal, Camilla as only the girlfriend of Prince Charles and not his wife, cannot sit next to the prince and the royal family in the presence of the Queen. I understand that the wedding is not an official event. However, a lot of the senior royals are attending, it is a very public event where pictures will be taken and the royal family is representing itself at the event. If the prince wants to be able to sit with Camilla in such events, he should do everything in his power to convince the Queen and the church to allow a wedding. IMO, this relationships has gone on far to long without it becoming official. If Prince Charles can't or does not want to marry Camilla, then they should both move on. If I was Camilla if would have left him years ago. I truly believe she loves him and no doubt she enjoys the lifestyle that he provides her with, but honestly how much can a women really take? She has faced people making fun of her and hating her for what happened with Charles and Diana. If I was her I would go back to living a much quieter life in the country, spending time with her kids and continuing some minor charity work. Because in the end, I really don't think Prince Charles with ever marry her.

I think the Prince of Wales is very immature. What he did is no way to treat his god son. I don't think it's fair for him to take his frustration about protocol out on the bride and groom. Not only that but he essentially made himself the main focus of what is supposed to be their special day (and he didn't even show up to it!).

I don't think he can have it both ways...if he wants her to receive the respect accorded to the wife of the P of W, then he has to marry her. If he won't marry her, then he's going to have to satisfy himself with the fact that she will be treated (and seen by others) as his mistress.

Sara, Prince Charles didn't attend Princess Alice's funeral.

WARMINSTER, UNITED KINGDOM: The Prince of Wales, Colonel-in-Chief of the Highland Regiment speaks to the wives and children of the Black Watch soldiers who are serving in Iraq, during his visit to Battlesbury Barracks in Warminster, Wiltshire, 06 November, 2004. Families at the camp were likely to be in a state of anxiety following the deaths of Sergeant Stuart Gray, 31, and Privates Paul Lowe, 19, and Scott McArdle, 22, all from Fife, in an incident at a checkpoint on Thursday.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 246
According to Getty Images, he did attend.

Elspeth said:
Sara, Prince Charles didn't attend Princess Alice's funeral.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 215
Polfoto 06-11-2004 Britain's Prince Charles,Colonel-in-Chief of the Highland Regiment, speaks to wives and children of the Black Watch soldiers who are serving in Iraq, during his visit to Battlesbury Barracks in Warminster, England, Saturday Nov. 6, 2004. The regiment suffered three fatal casualties in a suicide bomb attack in Iraq on Nov. 4.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 141
sharon_rose said:
Charles, Charles, Charles. I guess he really does want to be Camilla's tampon! I can't believe he threw such a hissy fit over such a non-issue. Didn't anyone ever teach him to pick his battles? So he sits next to his sons or with the bride's family for a few hours and Camilla sits a few rows back staring at the back of his head; would that really be the end of the world for them? If he can't be seperated from her for the duration of a religious ceremony than he has much bigger problems and issues than anyone ever thought.

I completely agree..He needs to get over it, Camilla has probably stopped menstruating for a while.

Lyonnaise said:
According to Getty Images, he did attend.
Ah, OK, so was it William and Harry who didn't go? I thought I read somewhere that at least some of the Wales family had sent messages rather than attending.

William and Harry attended, but their father opted not to perhabs because it would be humiliating to his mistress.

The menstruating thing- I just thought it would be wise to consider Camilla is extremely old and probably dry as a well by now. Meaning no periods, just her own natural catiness.

Personally I think the families involved were rather two-faced. Both are friends of Charles &, if I read correctly, Camilla & Charles have been welcomed into their homes as a couple. Personally, I'm glad to see Charles showing a bit of backbone & standing by Camilla.

wymanda said:
Personally I think the families involved were rather two-faced. Both are friends of Charles &, if I read correctly, Camilla & Charles have been welcomed into their homes as a couple. Personally, I'm glad to see Charles showing a bit of backbone & standing by Camilla.

Not that I am a Camilla and Charles fan, but it is well-known and has been accepted that they are a couple. Let them be a normal couple. The wedding was not a state event. If I recall Prince Felipe did not attend festivities last year because Letizia was not accepted by his family. I think it is a good statement for Charles to make.

ennyllorac said:
Not that I am a Camilla and Charles fan, but it is well-known and has been accepted that they are a couple. Let them be a normal couple. The wedding was not a state event. If I recall Prince Felipe did not attend festivities last year because Letizia was not accepted by his family. I think it is a good statement for Charles to make.
Interesting point ennyllorac. I hadn't thought of things from that perspective.

I think the Charles non-attendance/Camilla non-attendance issue is much more complicated than I initially thought. I read somewhere else that while Charles and Camilla were both friends of the wedding couple's family, Camilla had apparently had a falling out with the parents of the bride/groom (not sure which one now) and perhaps the family was trying to snub Camilla in some way. (Not very adult of anyone.)

Also, with the Queen in attendance, certain protocols had to take place and be followed. And as long as Camilla is an unofficial part of Charles' life, she cannot sit next to him in the Queen's presence.

I do agree with whomever else said that Charles needs to pick his battles. In terms of his relationship with Camilla, there are more important issues to take a stand for than whether Camilla can sit next to him for an hour and a half. The situation with Felipe and Letizia was slightly different in that the King did have a choice in granting approval for Felipe and Letizia's relationship; Queen Elizabeth, as long as she is also the head of the Church of England, cannot condone Charles' relationship with a divorced woman, even if she condones it as a mother.

Ultimately the sad thing for me is that Charles made a big stink about a silly situation and stole the limelight away from the bride and groom on what should've been their day. It was not Charles and Camilla's day or Charles' day to prove something to his mom, their family, the world.

I also see your point Alexandra and I agree with what you say, but maybe it is time for the Church of England to start to get a little more with the times. It is very sad that because she is divorced, he cannot marry her. For goodness sake their church was formed because their king couldn't get divorced in the Catholic Church.

And this is coming from a person that really was a Diana fan.

BRITAIN-CHARLES-HEALTH CARE LON003
Prince Charles (R) speaks with Camilla Parker-Bowles and Michael Dooley, head of the Integrated Health Care centre in Poundbury, in Dorchester, Dorset, on 08 November 2004. The Prince of Wales opened the clinic which offers both homeopathic remedies, along side more conventional methods of health care. AFP PHOTO/CHRIS YOUNG/WPA POOL

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I also see your point Alexandra and I agree with what you say, but maybe it is time for the Church of England to start to get a little more with the times. It is very sad that because she is divorced, he cannot marry her.
It is getting more with the times, in that it's finally coming round to realising that some marriages don't work and it's more destructive to put obstacles in the way of divorce and remarriage in those cases than to acknowledge the failure and let the individuals be free to remarry others.

However, the church is understandably reluctant to get into the situation where the clergy are marrying people "till death us do part" for the third of fourth time because they got bored with their previous spouses or preferred to walk away from a difficult patch in their marriage rather than work at it and get through it. If divorce is made too easy, there's a danger of devaluing marriage because it'll be seen as just another of those things you can try for a while and then give up on if it stops being completely wonderful.

One of the sticking points in the church's new approach to divorce is to not permit (or at least to very strongly discourage) remarriage of a divorced person to a person who was involved in the breakup of the marriage. In Prince Charles's case, a good case could be made that that's exactly what he'd be doing, even though that isn't the only factor. It'd be bad for the royal family and the church if it appeared that an exception were being made to let Charles do something that the rest of the population couldn't do, especially since Charles is in the position of being the next head of the church. Because of that, he has to be held to higher standards than the rest of us. It's one of the responsibilities that comes with all the privileges of his position.

The menstruating thing- I just thought it would be wise to consider Camilla is extremely old and probably dry as a well by now. Meaning no periods, just her own natural catiness.
Extremely old??? She's in her mid-fifties. Princess Alice was extremely old; Camilla is middle-aged.

Elspeth said:
Extremely old??? She's in her mid-fifties. Princess Alice was extremely old; Camilla is middle-aged.
According to who? I just saw her son's picture. Not really attractive, in that hey, I prefer william. I wonder their son would look alike if C&C were to married earlier.

wymanda said:
Not to be nasty but the gullible will believe anything! Why hide a child away? Camilla was married at the time and the child could have been passed off as her husbands.
The question is would her husband want it? Not that I believe this rumor, abortion was available at the time, wasn't there, if she had a preg?

Bubbette said:
Hell? Having tons of servants, clothes, travel and a mistress he loves? IF that's hell, sign me up!
Me 2. At most, he just misses one of his heart's desires.

lori said:
The question is would her husband want it? Not that I believe this rumor, abortion was available at the time, wasn't there, if she had a preg?
APB was of the school that having your wife bonking the PoW was a privelage! Accepting the PoW's daughter as your's would have been an easy step and a hold to keep Cammi in line! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom