Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 4: May-November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by lori@Jun 14th, 2004 - 11:46 pm
I like to know what they are thinking when they have to shake hands with camilla and smile at and with her, all teeth and friendly? And later when if charles and camilla got married and they have to coursey to her? And think about the scenario, someone refuses to make a coursey in public, boy, the possibility is endless. :lol:
You are too funny Lori!!! :lol: :flower:

If I were a British Citizen, I wouldn't curtsy to her for any amount of money--or him either!! :sick: :sick: :p :lol:

Speaking as a woman of German descent, I was appalled by the Duke and Duchess visiting Hitler. They were trying to upstage George VI and Queen Elizabeth, and also thought Hitler was some sort of "saviour" for Germany.

Unfortunately the opinion of Hitler's regime in pre-war Britain, at least among the ruling classes, wasn't as negative as history paints it. Neville Chamberlain was very popular with his policies to try and get peace at just about any cost, since the upper classes had been so badly affected by the first world war and its aftermath. It's easy to forget, seeing all the post-war photos of the royal family and Churchill, how much the King didn't trust Churchill early on.

Also, while I agree that the Duke was being short-sighted and childish by grabbing any opportunity to visit a country where the leaders would treat the Duchess with respect, the way he (and particularly she) were treated time and again and again by the royal family and the senior household was almost bound to provoke a reaction. They seemed to think that if they treated him as if he didn't exist, he would stop existing. Even for royalty, things aren't like that these days.

If I were a British Citizen, I wouldn't curtsy to her for any amount of money--or him either!!

Well, I am a British citizen, and I wouldn't want to curtsey to Prince Charles. Somehow, for all his good intentions, he seems to have a problem with behaving in a way that encourages long-term respect. I was a bit surprised at my reaction when I was watching the Queen Mother's funeral (or possibly the Jubilee celebrations) and the commentator said something about how Charles would be taking on more and more of the royal duties and responsibilities now the Queen was getting on in years - my instinctive reaction was "oh, no!" Actually surprised myself a bit.

Originally posted by Elspeth@Jun 15th, 2004 - 1:21 am
It's easy to forget, seeing all the post-war photos of the royal family and Churchill, how much the King didn't trust Churchill early on.

And for very good reasons. Winston Churchill was one of the worst politicians that Britain had at the time.

Originally posted by Elspeth@Jun 15th, 2004 - 12:30 am
If I were a British Citizen, I wouldn't curtsy to her for any amount of money--or him either!!

Well, I am a British citizen, and I wouldn't want to curtsey to Prince Charles. Somehow, for all his good intentions, he seems to have a problem with behaving in a way that encourages long-term respect. I was a bit surprised at my reaction when I was watching the Queen Mother's funeral (or possibly the Jubilee celebrations) and the commentator said something about how Charles would be taking on more and more of the royal duties and responsibilities now the Queen was getting on in years - my instinctive reaction was "oh, no!" Actually surprised myself a bit.
I can understand your feeling--Although I am an American, my heart sank too!!

Recently in the USA on "Larry King Live" they discussed Charles and Camilla's relationship and if they were going to marry, whether Camilla was ill etc.

All were in agreement that Camilla is not suffering from a terminal illness. They are split on whether they will marry. One said Camilla doesn't want to, she likes being in the shadow. Another pointed out what title would she get because the British people won't want her as Princess of Wales and Queen. Another said they would to regularize hers and Charles' position before he acceeds the throne--perhaps a morganatic marriage by parliamentary decree.

God help the British Monarchy whatever happens!!

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 18th, 2004 - 12:38 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 18th, 2004 - 12:38 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Elspeth@Jun 15th, 2004 - 12:30 am

Recently in the USA on "Larry King Live" they discussed Charles and Camilla's relationship and if they were going to marry, whether Camilla was ill etc.

All were in agreement that Camilla is not suffering from a terminal illness. They are split on whether they will marry. One said Camilla doesn't want to, she likes being in the shadow. Another pointed out what title would she get because the British people won't want her as Princess of Wales and Queen. Another said they would to regularize hers and Charles' position before he acceeds the throne--perhaps a morganatic marriage by parliamentary decree.

God help the British Monarchy whatever happens!! [/b][/quote]
i'm also a british citizen....i wouldn't want Camilla to become Princess of Wales and Queen of England....NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would feel very very sad if she becomes queen or princess..... :(

Originally posted by bigheadshirmp+Jun 18th, 2004 - 2:53 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigheadshirmp @ Jun 18th, 2004 - 2:53 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 18th, 2004 - 12:38 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Elspeth
@Jun 15th, 2004 - 12:30 am

God help the British Monarchy whatever happens!!
i'm also a british citizen....i wouldn't want Camilla to become Princess of Wales and Queen of England....NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would feel very very sad if she becomes queen or princess..... :( [/b][/quote]
i agree it! ;) because Diana is dead!

Camilla cant become Queen nor becoming Princess of Wales for 300 years without HM Queen's permission! till she dies!

Sara Boyce

The Prince of Wales and his partner, Camilla Parker-Bowles, outside the Merchant's House in Marlborough in Wiltshire 18 June 2004 where she showed the Prince two 'Bobby Vans,' a crime prevention scheme of which she is a trustee.

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 19th, 2004 - 8:56 pm
hmm a little bit of cleavage there! but a very stylish suit, for her.
Perhaps, but she will never look as good as Diana!!! :p :p :p :innocent:

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 19th, 2004 - 9:03 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 19th, 2004 - 9:03 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Jun 19th, 2004 - 8:56 pm
hmm a little bit of cleavage there! but a very stylish suit, for her.
Perhaps, but she will never look as good as Diana!!! :p :p :p :innocent: [/b][/quote]
i agree!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by Lyonnaise@Jun 20th, 2004 - 9:51 am
The Prince of Wales watches a demonstration of crowd control from behind a riot shield during his visit to the 1st Battalion The Black Watch of the Royal Highland Regiment at a training village near Warminster on the Salisbury Plain 18 June 2004, ahead of their return to Iraq.

The Prince of Wales meets with soldiers during his visit to the 1st Battalion

The Prince of Wales meets with soldiers and their families

talking with soldiers

"i swear, it was THIS big"
i love his pictures!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 14th, 2004 - 12:42 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 12:42 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by sara1981@Jun 13th, 2004 - 11:31 pm
Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 13th, 2004 - 9:50 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-angela
@Jun 13th, 2004 - 7:02 pm
If they do marry it would show the contempt with which Charles holds his future subjects in. He should do the decent thing and give up the throne. Like Edward VIII he should realise that he can have the throne or Camilla but he can't have both.

Bravo and Kudos to you Angela!! :flower:

Not only to his subjects does he show contempt, but to his own sons! Everyone bahses Diana for the mistakes she made in the Andrew Morton book and being unfaithful, but Charles started it all when he needed an innocent, virginal mouse to marry so he could carry on with Camilla!!!

Boy did he and Camilla get that one wrong!! Bravo Diana!!! :heart:

that nice, posts tiaraprin

but i disagree!

Sara Boyce
That is your choice Sara, there is nothing I can do to change your mind, and there is nothing you can do to change mine.

Agree to disagree! [/b][/quote]
Sara ~ I will also side with "Tiarapin" on this issue. There's an old saying, "You set yourself up for your own mistakes" ~ and Charles and Camilla set themselves up for this barrage against them. They connived about Diana marrying Charles from the very beginning ~ and may the good Lord forgive them because I cannot. "They" themselves are reaping what they sow ~ and, it started years ago. "Diana was the victim". She was the injured party in all of this mess.

To see Camilla at Charles' side, lung cancer or not, makes me want to "switch" channels. I just cannot stand to look at them, therefore, I rarely come to this board.

To prove my point further about "setting oneself up for their your own mistakes" is the fact that Camilla apparently CHOSE to smoke years ago. No one held a gun to her head ... and, now, it is said she has "lung cancer". She literally set herself up for the possibility of getting lung cancer ~ so, my point is proven.

I can't do anything about the possibility of marriage between them but I hope the Queen can. I feel so sorry for her ~ being put in that unintenable position. I still love the Queen and Prince Philip and the rest of the royal family but I believe Charles has done great harm to the future of the monarchy. I could care less if he " .. looks so sad .. ". He brought it upon himself. Full stop.

I used to love to travel to England ~ but no more. I now visit other countries. England holds "nothing" that I would like to be associated with anymore since the news came forth about Charles and Camilla and what was done to Diana by them ~ (and, don't start bringing up Diana's affairs! She wouldn't have had them if she had had a true loving and faithful husband, but Charles was soooo selfish and "tight" with his love for Diana ~ because he gave it all to Camilla.)

There are just some things that cannot be forgotten or forgiven.

Elizajane

Originally posted by Elizajane@Jun 20th, 2004 - 11:59 am
There's an old saying, "You set yourself up for your own mistakes" ~ and Charles and Camilla set themselves up for this barrage against them. They connived about Diana marrying Charles from the very beginning ~ and may the good Lord forgive them because I cannot. "They" themselves are reaping what they sow ~ and, it started years ago. "Diana was the victim". She was the injured party in all of this mess.

To see Camilla at Charles' side, lung cancer or not, makes me want to "switch" channels. I just cannot stand to look at them, therefore, I rarely come to this board.

To prove my point further about "setting oneself up for their your own mistakes" is the fact that Camilla apparently CHOSE to smoke years ago. No one held a gun to her head ... and, now, it is said she has "lung cancer". She literally set herself up for the possibility of getting lung cancer ~ so, my point is proven.

I can't do anything about the possibility of marriage between them but I hope the Queen can. I feel so sorry for her ~ being put in that unintenable position. I still love the Queen and Prince Philip and the rest of the royal family but I believe Charles has done great harm to the future of the monarchy. I could care less if he " .. looks so sad .. ". He brought it upon himself. Full stop.

I used to love to travel to England ~ but no more. I now visit other countries. England holds "nothing" that I would like to be associated with anymore since the news came forth about Charles and Camilla and what was done to Diana by them ~ (and, don't start bringing up Diana's affairs! She wouldn't have had them if she had had a true loving and faithful husband, but Charles was soooo selfish and "tight" with his love for Diana ~ because he gave it all to Camilla.)

There are just some things that cannot be forgotten or forgiven.

Elizajane
THANK YOU ELIZAJANE!!! Thank you for your wisdom. I know the haters are going to tear you down, but stand strong!!!

What haters? I don't hate any of the royal family; I think that as far as faults go, Charles is a self-centred wimp, Diana was an unbalanced brat, and Camilla is a schemer who wants the perks of a position without the responsibilities. I think they all have(in Diana's case, had) many good points too.

However.

Personally I think it's an overreaction to refuse to even visit a country because of the way one member of the royal family treated another member (especially since, unlike Elizajane and yourself) I think there was plenty of fault on all sides of that particular relationship, but if that's what Elizajane wants to do, that's her business.

Originally posted by Elspeth@Jun 21st, 2004 - 4:47 pm
What haters? I don't hate any of the royal family.
I was talking about the Diana haters.

In case you haven't noticed, there is much fighting between the Diana supporters and the Diana haters. I always feel like I have to stand up and fight for what I believe in--It is the American that I am. While Diana had imperfections and many troubles, It breaks my heart and makes me so angry seeing people tear her to shreads!

Are there really that many Diana haters here? I mean, I've seen people give fairly balanced criticisms of her, only to be labelled haters because they weren't prepared to take her side totally. And vice versa for people who admired her but aren't prepared to say that every last little thing was Charles's fault. I think it's a shame when things get pushed to extremes like that.

Originally posted by Elspeth@Jun 21st, 2004 - 6:57 pm
Are there really that many Diana haters here? I mean, I've seen people give fairly balanced criticisms of her, only to be labelled haters because they weren't prepared to take her side totally. And vice versa for people who admired her but aren't prepared to say that every last little thing was Charles's fault. I think it's a shame when things get pushed to extremes like that.
There are Elspeth, but mainly one in particular. I find that I cannot discuss what I did not like about Diana without giving the Diana haters more fuel for their venom. So, I am constantly on the defensive and offensive as one who admired her greatly despite her faults.

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 22nd, 2004 - 8:02 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 22nd, 2004 - 8:02 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Elspeth@Jun 21st, 2004 - 6:57 pm
There are Elspeth, but mainly one in particular. I find that I cannot discuss what I did not like about Diana without giving the Diana haters more fuel for their venom. So, I am constantly on the defensive and offensive as one who admired her greatly despite her faults. [/b][/quote]
tiaraprin,
I hope that barb wasn't directed at me! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I do not hate Diana but chose to see her as a real person with faults and failings. The same with Charles. I also refuse to vilify CPB just because everyone else does. Like Diana, Charles and the rest of the world she has her faults and failings but she also has some very good points and I think that she deserves a fair chance.

Originally posted by wymanda@Jun 24th, 2004 - 8:23 pm
tiaraprin,
I hope that barb wasn't directed at me!   :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
I do not hate Diana but chose to see her as a real person with faults and failings. The same with Charles. I also refuse to vilify CPB just because everyone else does. Like Diana, Charles and the rest of the world she has her faults and failings but she also has some very good points and I think that she deserves a fair chance.
Wymanda,

I wish you would make up your mind--maybe twice I have seen you be fair about Diana and the rest was bashing. Here are some of your quotes in full and some in parts due to space:

On Diana's message board existing: Can't we just get rid of it altogether????????????????????????????

From Not So Loved Princesses:
Why do we need another Diana? The last one was insecure & manipulative enough!

On Most Annoyng Royal
You missed Diana! The woman gave me the woooops!

From Most Talked About: Irritating as I find it I have to say that Diana is the most discussed princess on LTR.

From Title for Camilla:

Read my lips "DIANA IS DEAD"
Her feelings can't be hurt.
As I said she was not the first Princess of Wales and she won't be the last.

P.S. Camilla doesn't deserve a thing--She and Charles started the whole thing and they should pay the price for the damage they have caused!!

They did cause damage, but so did Diana. There's plenty of blame to go around, and it isn't down to just the three of them either, if reports about the sorry history of that marriage are anywhere near the truth. Many people contributed to that debacle over the years, starting long before the marriage ever happened.

However, if you look at some of those quotes of Wymanda's that you've posted, they're not bashing, they're plain fact. Look at that one from the "Title for Camilla" thread. Diana is dead, her feelings can't be hurt, and she isn't the only Princess of Wales who ever lived or ever will live. There's no bashing there; it's just a statement of the way things are. It also seems to be a consensus, that even her friends agree about, that she was insecure and manipulative and that she worked to keep her high profile via her charities as much as via any other way.

If you were to look at the context of Wymanda's posts, you'd probably see that the most negative ones were in response to posts idolising Diana and overflowing with adulation about all her manifest perfections and the sheer total utter awfulness of Charles and Camilla. I have very little respect for Prince Charles (for many reasons, not just his love life) and not a great deal for Mrs Parker Bowles either although I'm not all that familiar with her life story, but I have to say that the demonisation of those two and the canonisation of Diana that's still going on is a bit hard to swallow.

Originally posted by Elspeth@Jun 24th, 2004 - 10:58 pm
They did cause damage, but so did Diana. There's plenty of blame to go around, and it isn't down to just the three of them either, if reports about the sorry history of that marriage are anywhere near the truth. Many people contributed to that debacle over the years, starting long before the marriage ever happened.

However, if you look at some of those quotes of Wymanda's that you've posted, they're not bashing, they're plain fact. Look at that one from the "Title for Camilla" thread. Diana is dead, her feelings can't be hurt, and she isn't the only Princess of Wales who ever lived or ever will live. There's no bashing there; it's just a statement of the way things are. It also seems to be a consensus, that even her friends agree about, that she was insecure and manipulative and that she worked to keep her high profile via her charities as much as via any other way.

If you were to look at the context of Wymanda's posts, you'd probably see that the most negative ones were in response to posts idolising Diana and overflowing with adulation about all her manifest perfections and the sheer total utter awfulness of Charles and Camilla. I have very little respect for Prince Charles (for many reasons, not just his love life) and not a great deal for Mrs Parker Bowles either although I'm not all that familiar with her life story, but I have to say that the demonisation of those two and the canonisation of Diana that's still going on is a bit hard to swallow.
Great post! Very good points. And I totaly agree with you on the wymanda thing. She's not doing anything hateful. The real "problem" is that tiaraprin is not ready to hear negative comments regarding Diana or positive comments about Charles and Camilla. I have nothing against her but she's, like, stalking me since the day I said that I consider Diana to be overvalued and overtalked about.

Originally posted by renats@Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:28 pm
The real "problem" is that tiaraprin is not ready to hear negative comments regarding Diana or positive comments about Charles and Camilla. I have nothing against her but she's, like, stalking me since the day I said that I consider Diana to be overvalued and overtalked about.
Uh, Renats, you are full of yourself aren't you?? Hate to tell you that you are not important to me. And as to stalking, I have been stalked too on this website--I wonder who is doing that???

OK, OK time out!!

tiaraprin, as I said in my email to you I think we should agree to disagree. We all have our own opinions about Diana and we are entitled to voice them. You chose to set her on a pedestal, others of us have a more realistic veiw.

I do wonder though, how you retain faith in your viewpoint when others who knew Diana well have been able to see her faults and to come to terms with them.

As to my comment about the Diana sub-forum. I simply think that Its presence acts to encourage all sorts of redundant discussion about what she did, what she wore etc etc etc.

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:33 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:33 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-renats@Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:28 pm
The real "problem" is that tiaraprin is not ready to hear negative comments regarding Diana or positive comments about Charles and Camilla. I have nothing against her but she's, like, stalking me since the day I said that I consider Diana to be overvalued and overtalked about.
Uh, Renats, you are full of yourself aren't you?? Hate to tell you that you are not important to me. And as to stalking, I have been stalked too on this website--I wonder who is doing that??? [/b][/quote]
Aparently I'm. I wish I wasn't though!

Who's stalking you? According to implied messages in your posts, everybody that ever said negative comments about diana.

Originally posted by wymanda@Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:50 pm
OK, OK time out!!

tiaraprin, as I said in my email to you I think we should agree to disagree. We all have our own opinions about Diana and we are entitled to voice them. You chose to set her on a pedestal, others of us have a more realistic veiw.

I do wonder though, how you retain faith in your viewpoint when others who knew Diana well have been able to see her faults and to come to terms with them.

As to my comment about the Diana sub-forum. I simply think that Its presence acts to encourage all sorts of redundant discussion about what she did, what she wore etc etc etc.
Believe it or not, I do not have her on the high pedestal that you think I do. As I have said previously, I do not say anything about my negative thoughts about Diana because it just fuels fire for more hatred against her!! I know she was flawed. I know she made many mistakes. But I loved her greatly and she touched my life. I will not discuss all my feelings until I feel she can get a fair shake and the venom stops!! I am getting stalked and have to come on anonymously and get accused of stalking others who really have no importance to me whatsoever. I am tired of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom