Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 2: July-November 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
www.helllo.com

Camilla Makes Her World Debut with 'Non-Official' Visit

28 JULY 2003
Camilla Parker Bowles made her most high-profile visit abroad with the Prince of Wales this weekend, appearing side by side with Charles at the Salzburg Festival - and sparking talk that she is one step forward to gaining official status as his consort.

Austrian president, Thomas Klestil, was on hand to greet the Prince and his companion on their arrival and both Charles and Camilla were considered guests of honour at the official reception that kicked off the festival. And when it came to rubbing royal elbows, Mrs Parker Bowles was among those who were introduced to Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg.

St James's Palace insisted the trip was strictly unofficial - "It was a private visit," said a spokesperson - meaning the occasion marked no real change in Camilla's status. However, the Austrian press begs to differ.

"You could not get more official than that," said one local commentator, who interpreted the visit as "further evidence of Mrs Parker Bowles' wide acceptance in international society."

A spokesman for the Prince, meanwhile, remained unconvinced. "I can see why the Austrians might think it was an official visit," he said, "but it was not."

Attachments

• charles_dop1a.jpg
    charles_dop1a.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 339
www.rexfeatures.com - 'DIE ENTFUEHRUNG AUS DEM SERAIL' OPERA, SALTZBURGER FESTPEILE, SALZBURG, AUSTRIA - 27 JUL 2003

Attachments

• charles_2.jpg
    charles_2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 343
www.rexfeatures.com - 'DIE ENTFUEHRUNG AUS DEM SERAIL' OPERA, SALTZBURGER FESTPEILE, SALZBURG, AUSTRIA - 27 JUL 2003

Attachments

• charles_3.jpg
    charles_3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 394
Polfoto 29-10-2003 Britain's Prince Charles meets India's President Abdul Kalam at the presidential palace, Rashtarapati Bhawan, in Delhi, India. Prince Charles is on an official nine-day tour of India.

Attachments

• EN_1.jpg
    EN_1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 381
Polfoto 29-10-2003 Britain's Prince Charles attends a meeting with India's President Abdul Kalam at the presidential palace, Rashtarapati Bhawan, in Delhi, India. Prince Charles is on an official nine-day tour of India.

Attachments

• EN_1a.jpg
    EN_1a.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 311
Polfoto 29-10-2003 Britain's Prince Charles meets India's President Abdul Kalam at the presidential palace, Rashtarapati Bhawan, in Delhi, India. Prince Charles is on an official nine-day tour of India.

Attachments

• EN_1b.jpg
    EN_1b.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 379
nice pictures!

Prince Charles been visit India many times since 1970's til 1992 with Princess Diana then after his late wife's death he went there for first time after Diana's death.

I knew Diana been in India for banquet with vice president or president im not sure when Diana was in India and Prince Charles who kissed Diana on her cheek in 1992 when Diana gives Charles award not kissed on mouth! that strange for me! because Diana not happy with Charles since he with Camilla!

Princess Diana walk behind by famous India she seated with castles because Diana wanted without Charles that not right!

Sara Boyce

I have only just discovered this forum but I would like to add my two cents worth on the subject of Charles & Camilla.

I don't think that any of us have the right to judge them. We don't have the right to judge anyone for their actions.

Charles is a highly educated man who has been trained from birth to be King. William would never contemplate usurping his father's place in the succession. I think that we all may have a very pleasant surprise as to the type of King Charles will make.

:rolleyes:

No, Charles is on his own during this trip. I think Camilla is presently busy with some commitments to the Osteoperosis charity she is affiliated with. (And while the Queen may have accepted Camilla's role in Charles' life, I don't think she would allow Camilla on an official visit with Charles to one of Great Britain's (former) colonies! ;) )

Polfoto 31-10-2003 The Prince of Wales wipes away flower petals thrown on him by wellwishers as he walked through the streets of the Kutail Gamri village on the outskirts of Delhi. Later, he was travelling to Kutail Gamri in Haryana to watch young children receiving their immunisations, and to see the work of the Arpana Trust UK, of which he is patron, which attempts to empower poor and low caste women and has set up daycare services for children and antenatal clinics in the village.

Attachments

• india_1.jpg
    india_1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 360
Polfoto 31-10-2003 The Prince of Wales greets local people as he walks through the streets of the Kutail Gamri village on the outskirts of Delhi. * Later, watched young children receiving their immunisations, and saw the work of the Arpana Trust UK, of which he is patron, which attempts to empower poor and low caste women and has set up daycare services for children and antenatal clinics in the village.

Attachments

• india_2.jpg
    india_2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 394
Polfoto 31-10-2003 The Prince of Wales stops and talks to women workers, after walking through the streets of the Kutail Gamri village, on the outskirts of Delhi, as part of his visit to the area.

Attachments

• india_3.jpg
    india_3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 576
Polfoto 31-10-2003 The Prince of Wales has flower petals in his hair thrown to him by local people as he walks through the streets of the Kutail Gamri village on the outskirts of Delhi. Later, he was travelling to Kutail Gamri in Haryana to watch young children receiving their immunisations, and to see the work of the Arpana Trust UK, of which he is patron, which attempts to empower poor and low caste women and has set up daycare services for children and antenatal clinics in the village.

Attachments

• india_3a.jpg
    india_3a.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 343
Polfoto 31-10-2003 The Prince of Wales is presented with flowers after refusing to wear a turban, when he arrived at the Kutail Gamri village, on the outskirts of Delhi, India, as part of his visit to the area.

Attachments

• india_4.jpg
    india_4.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 337
Polfoto 31-10-2003 The Prince of Wales watches a child being vaccinated during a visit to Kutail Gamri village on the outskirts of Delhi. There he also saw the work of the Arpana Trust UK, of which he is patron, which attempts to empower poor and low caste women.... ... and has set up daycare services for children and antenatal clinics in the village.

Attachments

• india_5.jpg
    india_5.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 276
Polfoto 31-10-2003 The Prince of Wales watches a child get vaccinated against polio in the Kutail Gamri village, on the outskirts of Delhi, India, as part of his visit to the area.

Attachments

• india_5a.jpg
    india_5a.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 269
Polfoto 31-10-2003 The Prince of Wales crouches down to watch children play in the nursary of the Kutail Gamri village, on the outskirts of Delhi, India, as part of his visit to the area.

Attachments

• india_6.jpg
    india_6.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 293
Polfoto 31-10-2003 Britain's Prince Charles wears his sunglasses during a visit to the Energy and Resources Institute Retreat on the outskirts of Delhi, India. The Retreat is an Energy Resources Institute which uses alternative methods of power production and recycling.

Attachments

• india_7.jpg
    india_7.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 314
thissal  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 11:13 pm

She helped him pick a wife, so surely she can help him in more trivial details?

Come again ?
or should I say, "really" !!???

"Come again?" yes, you could say C helps him with that too, although I doubt
a man thinks that is trival...oh well, I assume that was either a double entrendra or
a freudian slip....:) ha ha..I liked it . LOL.

C is the type of woman who is like a jolly good sticks time, you play with her,
you maybe "keep her" but "marry her?" eh?

not done. This would be really sinking lower for the H of W...oh yessss, there
was ...what was her name? Wallis Simpson....

well, but he had to give it up...ah huh...

This is not going to go well over ...not a good idea.

George  Posted: Nov 1st, 2003 - 1:40 am

"Come again?" yes, you could say C helps him with that too, although I doubt
a man thinks that is trival...oh well, I assume that was either a double entrendra or
a freudian slip....

I guess its what they call a freudian slip.

But to get back at the question at hand .... "she helped pick him a wife" ?

Polfoto 03-11-2003 The Prince of Wales rides in a jeep with the Maharaja of Jodhpur, Gaj Singh II during his visit to the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, November 3rd 2003. The Prince of Wales is on an official nine-day tour of India.

Attachments

• jeep_1.jpg
    jeep_1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 471
Polfoto 03-11-2003 The Prince of Wales rides in a jeep with the Maharaja of Jodhpur, Gaj Singh II during his visit to the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, November 3rd 2003. The Prince of Wales is on an official nine-day tour of India.

Attachments

• jeep_a.jpg
    jeep_a.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 351
Polfoto 03-11-2003 The Prince of Wales at the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, November 3rd 2003, watches children suffering from polio demonstrate their athletic abilities during an event held at the British charity Polio Children. The Prince of Wales is on an official nine-day tour of India.

Attachments

• india_a.jpg
    india_a.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 202
Polfoto 03-11-2003 The Prince of Wales, is shaded from the sun during his visit to the ancient Fort at Naguar, Rajasthan. The Prince of Wales is on an official nine-day tour of India.

Attachments

• india_b.jpg
    india_b.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 283
Polfoto 01-11-2003 The Prince of Wales (2nd left) listens to a three man group playing on a roof, overlooking the Amber village near Jaipur, north west India, during his official visit to the country.

Attachments

• EN_1.jpg
    EN_1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 332
Polfoto 01-11-2003 The Prince of Wales is given flowers by the children of the Palace school, during his visit to the school in the grounds of the Royal Palace at Jaipur, north west India, during his official visit to the country.

Attachments

• EN_1a.jpg
    EN_1a.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 347
Polfoto 01-11-2003 The Prince of Wales sits with children and staff of the Palace School, in the grounds of the Royal Palace at Jaipur, north west India, during his official visit to the country.

Attachments

• EN_1b.jpg
    EN_1b.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 259
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom