Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 1: October 2002-October 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The King of England's main squeeze? "

:lol:

I have to agree that if Diana was committed to Charles, she probably would not have had affairs too.

:eek:
Diana and King Juan Carlos...that is a surprise to me.

NUDE INTRUDER AT CHARLES HOME

May 5 2003

Police seize gang in security scandal

Exclusive by Richard Smith And Rebecca Smith

FIVE building workers went on a drunken escapade in the grounds of Prince Charles' Highgrove home.

The men claimed they entered the estate unchallenged and never once saw a security guard. One of them even frolicked naked near a gazebo during the 30-minute prank.

They larked around within 200 yards of the mansion and stole a plastic owl used as a bird scarer. It will be an embarrassment to security chiefs who are supposed to be giving extra protection to royals over fears of terror attacks.

Two of the men were later arrested. One, Andrew Morgan, said: "There were no guards. We saw absolutely no-one."

A royal source said: "Charles will be absolutely livid."

ONE of the men who strolled into Highgrove said last night a small child could have scaled the fence protecting Charles' estate.

Andrew Morgan told how easily he and his drunken friends got into the grounds and larked around for 30 minutes without being stopped.

He said the gang frolicked within 200 yards of Highgrove House which Charles shares with his sons William and Harry - and never even saw a security guard.

One pranced naked outside Charles' gazebo, others strolled towards the prince's stables.

And the group photographed each other sitting inside the circular folly at the end of a tree-lined avenue which leads to the Gloucestershire home.

Andrew, who was later cautioned by police, branded the boozy prank "sheer stupidity" but spoke of his surprise at the lack of security, especially amid fears of terror attacks following the Gulf War.

The 30-year-old said: "The police told us we were lucky we didn't get shot while we were roaming around there.

"But we were in the grounds for about 30 minutes and didn't see any security guards. We saw absolutely no-one."

Both police and St James's Palace insisted security had not been breached.

But a royal insider said last night: "Charles will be absolutely livid."

Andrew told how the prank began with a few drinks after work. He said: "One thing led to another.

"We were driving home when we passed the entrance to a large estate. Somebody mentioned it was Charles' place and someone else suggested we have a look.

"We were still in our work clothes but we drove up a track, parked on the verge, walked about 150 metres and climbed over a four-bar metal fence into the Highgrove estate.

"We knew it was Prince Charles' place but I've got a three-year-old niece who could have jumped over that fence, no problem.

"We had a little wander around and saw a fox chasing a hare.

"Then we found this great big ugly plastic owl hanging from a tree so we messed around with that for five minutes. We were laughing and joking and throwing it around like a rugby ball.

"Then we spotted a gazebo with a bench outside and a plaque.

"It was at the end of a beautiful tree-lined grass walkway which led directly to Highgrove House.

"We decided to take some photos as a bit of a laugh so I could show my mum because she loves the royals. We took it in turns for everybody to pose for pictures sitting outside the gazebo and then one of the guys started running around naked.

"Suddenly there was a streaker standing in the picture, we were all in stitches.

"He was just having a p*** about. There was no damage done. It was one of those boisterous occasions when boys have fun.

"Charles has obviously got a good gardener. I wouldn't mind his number. It's a beautiful house and the grounds are very nice.

"We were all very impressed. Thinking about it now we were very silly and you would have thought with all that commotion someone would have spotted us.

"We could see the house about 200 yards away and some of the boys walked over towards the stables."

Andrew and his friends left Highgrove for a nearby pub, the Cat and Custard Pot - William and Harry's favourite bar - then went for a drink in nearby Tetbury where they were arrested.

Officers found the plastic owl in the back of one of their cars.

Andrew and a 29-year-old spent the night in police cells at Stroud. The other man was freed without charge.

Andrew said: "To be honest when the police arrested me I'd forgotten about the owl. I must have taken it as a trophy.

"They took us to the station, removed our clothes and put us in boiler suits before locking us up.

"We sang the Englebert Humperdink song Please Release Me Let Me Go all night long according to the girl in the next cell.

"In the morning the police said if I owned up to the theft of a plastic owl they would let me off with a caution.

"So I did, otherwise we would have been in there all day. We're very sorry for the problems we've caused."

Gloucestershire police said: "I can confirm that on May 1 a bird scarer was taken from Highgrove.

"The tree was situated just 20 feet into Duchy land and was outside the protected boundary area of Highgrove

"This was, therefore, not a security breach." A senior officer confirmed the two men were arrested and detained overnight on Thursday.

Charles and his two sons are not thought to have been at Highgrove when the intruders struck.

A St James's Palace spokesman said last night: "The group were a long way from the main security area of the house.

"In terms of the house and the main area, the security at Highgrove was not compromised."

But a friend of the men, the youngest was 19, the oldest in his mid 50s, insisted: "There's obviously a lack of security at Highgrove.

"This shouldn't have been allowed to happen. I don't know why the Royal Protection Squad didn't spot them."

One of the intruders, a grey haired man in his 50s who refused to be named, said: "Obviously we regret the whole episode now and all the inconvenience it caused.

"We are all totally embarrassed. My wife was not best pleased, in fact she was quite unhappy about it.

"She told me to wise up and grow up.

"We like Prince Charles. He is our Prince of Wales. The Royal Family are fine people." The group were from the Cardiff area.

It's an outrage that these lads got up so close
James Whitaker

I know that nobody got hurt but it's a disgrace that these jokers were allowed to breach the so-called ring of steel round Highgrove.

It costs a fortune to protect this estate. I don't know how many men are on duty at any given moment but it's a lot.

There's a mini police station on one wall where officers sleep and I shudder to think how many alarms are dotted around to keep the place secure.

So for anybody to get on to the land is an outrage. Don't the powers that be know we live in a world dominated by terrorism? Haven't they heard of al-Qaeda?

Admittedly these "lads" were unlikely to attack anyone.

But the fact they got as close as they did should make the police wake up.

Although St James's Palace was playing down the incident last night, it's clear that the intrusion was far greater than it should have been.

This house is important to the Waleses. It was the first place that Charles bought for himself (out of Duchy of Cornwall money) and houses many wedding gifts. It's also home for William and Harry.

The property is very different to when the Prince spent £750,000 acquiring it in 1980, exactly one year to the day before he married Diana.

Since then he's bought a lot more land and has undertaken a policy of planting trees and shrubs all over the place.

In those early days photographers could see up to the front door from many places, including a footpath (since closed) that ran right across the land. The chosen plants now give complete privacy.

But, of course, there are fences that can be climbed, trees that can offer protection from CCTV cameras and folds in the land, filled with the wild flowers so beloved by Charles, that still make Highgrove vulnerable.

The police know this, so how come this breach?

OK, they spotted the jokers on their cameras eventually but by this time they were back in nearby Tetbury boasting of their derring-do.

Quite honestly, it's just not good enough.

Attachments

• 000BBAA3_0133_1CB4_9D0480C328EC02FF.jpg
    000BBAA3_0133_1CB4_9D0480C328EC02FF.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 319
Prince Charles "worried" about Harry's chain-smoking

LONDON: Prince Harry's chain-smoking habit has become a matter of grave concern for his father, Prince Charles.

The 18-year-old smokes heavily in his free time and especially at a night out where he often smokes 20 cigarettes. And he isn't bothered that his habit upsets his father, who has been keeping a close watch on him since he admitted smoking cannabis two years ago.

"Harry has been chain-smoking for years. His dad nags him constantly about it but he really doesn't care. Harry just does his own thing and won't listen to his father's advice," a Royal insider was quoted as saying by The Daily Telegraph.

"Harry really enjoys smoking. He knows his dad is very against it but he does not care. He's been smoking for the past few years, although he obviously tries not to be seen smoking in public. Behind closed doors though and at parties he is always lighting up. He loves a drink as well and the two sort of go together. Harry's never without a packet of cigarettes and he does tend to smoke quite heavily these days," added a friend.

Charles is also said to be concerned about his youngest son's relentless partying and wayward behaviour, which is affecting his studies.

"As a father, Charles worries about both his sons, but especially Harry. He is always saying how worried he is that he's going to go off the rails," said a family friend.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for the Palace, giving the "official" line, said: "Prince Charles has never expressed any concern about Harry chain-smoking."

From Newindpress.com

i remind when i read people magazine of him about years ago because he put drugs and smoke then his dad and Prince William been away then Prince William told his dad about Prince Harry have drugs and smoke behind the highgrove then his dad order Prince Harry to the Rehabiltion for learn lesson like that!

Sara Boyce

Prince Charles's lover Camilla Parker Bowles has been personally intived by the Queen to the biggest Royal event of the year.

Camilla, 54 is to be at a Thanksgiving Services at Westminster Abbey next monday to mark the 50th anniversary of the coronation.

The move gives a massive boost to expectations that Camilla and Charles will one day marry.

A Senior aides said: " This shows the warm feelings The Queen has for Camilla. It is a significant step forward."

Camilla's father Bruce Shand, 84 will attend the service with her.

She will not arrive with Charles, nor sit near him other Royals.

He always insisted Camilla is "non negotiable" part of his life.

Another clear sign of her acceptance is Prince William's decision to intive her to his 21st birthday party at Windsor Castle.

The aide said: "The importance of the two intives cannot be underestimated. The fact the Queen has intived Camilla speaks volumes about how the two women get on."

reports from Sun Newspaper

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-20032...3240289,00.html

Sara Boyce

www.hello.com

From Russia With Love: Charles Won't Miss Camilla's Birthday

10 JUNE 2003
Prince Charles has decided to reschedule an official visit to Russia so as to be home in time for Camilla Parker Bowles' 56th birthday. The move is being taken as further evidence of the future king's devotion to his long-time companion.

Charles rearranged his trip to St Petersburg so he could be at Camilla's side for a romantic birthday dinner on July 17th. And rumour has it that the future King will use the intimate meal to propose.

"Juggling this three-day important trip to St Petersburg so it does not clash with Camilla's birthday shows the depth of Charles' feelings," said one source. "He would not allow the affairs of state to get in the way of her birthday."

The Prince has been working for quite some time to convince the people of Britain to accept his mistress as one of the family. Just days ago she was a guest at a dinner to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Queen's coronation.

At the event she was introduced to Prince Philip, who hasn't spoken to her since Charles' admission of adultery a decade ago. The gathering was said to be a success, with no tension between Camilla and the Royal Family.

The couple has made numerous public appearances together since they first stepped out for Camilla's sister's birthday party in 1999. Later that year they took a holiday to the Greek islands, along with Prince William and Prince Harry. And in June 2000 the Queen gave her recognition to the relationship by attending a function where Camilla was present.

Public sympathy has grown for Camilla in recent years and it's widely believed that Charles thinks the time has come to get engaged. Opinion polls suggest the people of Britain want him to marry his companion, though she cannot become Queen as she is a divorcee.

"I think we're going to see the pair getting married," said royal biographer Robert Lacey. "It's what the public opinion polls say they want. Of course, what they also say is that they don't want Camilla to become Queen. I think Camilla will be given one of Charles' titles. He's Duke of Cornwall, he's Duke of Rothesay - so she'd become the Duchess of something."

Attachments

• camilla_dop2a.jpg
    camilla_dop2a.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 391
For some reason I find this quite humorous....such devotion eh? :rolleyes:

By the way-- do we currently have a poll running about a Yes/No question in regards to a possible marriage between the two? It would be interesting to see the results....

"Public sympathy has grown for Camilla in recent years and it's widely believed that Charles thinks the time has come to get engaged. Opinion polls suggest the people of Britain want him to marry his companion......"

Ahhh, the power of suggestion. :wacko: As if there are any such opinion polls. :doh: Marriage shouldn't be that important to them now anyway since they've rather made a mockery of the whole marriage thing. :blush:

You know that Prince Charles is divorce from Princess Diana in 1996 and Camilla is divorce from mr Bowlers in 1995 both cant get married if both cant become king and Queen you know that Camilla is Half Royal Family she not full Royal Family.

Sara Boyce

www.ibl.se - Prince Charles on a walk through woodlands during a visit to The Tweed Foundation near Melrose in the Scottish Borders. 9 June 2003.

Is it just me or does it look like Prince Charles is playing peekaboo?!

Attachments

• peekaboo.jpg
    peekaboo.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 278
I'm Sikh...so I love these pictures of Charles at the gurdwara! :) Thanks for posting them Alexandria!

One thing Charles is doing that is in his favour is trying to be defender of ALL faiths. Some may argue that that is a bit pretentious of him, but I think that is his own way of trying to be a modern monarch. There are so many people of all different faiths and nationality in England right now and I think as the future King of England, he should be commended for trying to learn about other religions other than his own. :clap:

Originally posted by Jalmey@Jun 13th, 2003 - 10:47 pm
I'm Sikh...so I love these pictures of Charles at the gurdwara! :) Thanks for posting them Alexandria!

One thing Charles is doing that is in his favour is trying to be defender of ALL faiths. Some may argue that that is a bit pretentious of him, but I think that is his own way of trying to be a modern monarch. There are so many people of all different faiths and nationality in England right now and I think as the future King of England, he should be commended for trying to learn about other religions other than his own. :clap:
I'm happy to post these pictures, Jalmey! Glad I put a smile on your face with them! ;)

I don't think it's pretentious at all of Charles to learn about other religions than his own. I agree with you and think it's quite admirable of him to make such an effort. And not only is he passively learning about them by reading about them or listening to people talk about them, but he is attending services.

www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By DAVID HARTLEY/REX FEATURES PRINCE CHARLES ROYALS PLAYING POLO, CIRENCESTER, GLOUCESTERSHIRE, BRITAIN - 14 JUN 2003 419319/ZZ

Nice set of wheels for Charles!

Attachments

• nice_car.jpg
    nice_car.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 312
Originally posted by rattie21@Apr 12th, 2003 - 9:42 pm
it is rumoured that diana had an affair with king juan carlos of spain.
you know that Princess Diana had affair with Mr Hewitt since 1980's after Prince Harry's birth in 1984 Princess Diana not affair with the KING Juan Carlos of Spain! I dont think so!

Polfoto 26-06-2003 The Prince of Wales during his visit to Ryton Organic Gardens, Coventry. The Prince voiced his support for Britain's smaller agricultural producers during his visit today.

Attachments

• charles.jpg
    charles.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 249
www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By REX FEATURES PRINCE CHARLES EATING ICE CREAM WHEN VISITING A FOOD MARKET IN ATHERSTONE PRINCE CHARLES VISITING A FOOD MARKET IN ATHERSTONE, WARWICKSHIRE, BRITAIN - 26 JUN 2003 420341/REX

Attachments

• charles_420341a.jpg
    charles_420341a.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 234
  • charles_420341e.jpg
    charles_420341e.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 253
Last edited by a moderator:
www.yahoo.com

Prince Charles' Income Is Nearly $17M

LONDON - Prince Charles' income from investments and property rose by 27 percent last year to nearly 10 million pounds ($17 million), according to official figures released Monday.

The prince, unlike his mother Queen Elizabeth II (news - web sites), does not receive an official allowance from the taxpayer. He receives an income from the Duchy of Cornwall, established in the 14th century to support the heir to the throne.

Although the profits from the duchy were intended to provide his personal income, the prince last year spent 57 percent of it, or $9.3 million, funding his official duties and charitable activities, the report said.

The figures are contained in a detailed expense report published by St. James's Palace in a move intended to increase transparency. The cost of everything from utility bills to office stationery is listed.

Prince Charles, who pays income tax of 40 percent, received $16.4 million from the duchy in the last financial year compared with $13 million the year before.

He has about 90 full-time official employees and a private staff of 17, including a chef, valets, gardeners and grooms whose salaries are paid out of his own pocket.

The $9.3 million he contributes to his official activities is not enough to cover everything, and the prince also received $5 million from the taxpayer, most of which came from grants to the queen.

Some of that money went for routine infrastructure costs, such as telephone lines for his offices at St. James's Palace, but most of it was spent on refurbishing Clarence House, the former home of his grandmother, the late Queen Mother Elizabeth, which is to become Prince Charles' official London residence.

Now and Then: :rolleyes:

June 28, 2003 Cirencester, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom --- 28/06/2003, CIRENCESTER, GLOUCESTERSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM --- Prince Charles driving Camilla Parker-Bowles as they leave the Cirencester Park Polo Club after a charity match which helped to raise funds for her charity the National Osteoporosis Society. He is driving his Aston Martin Volante DB5 car, a 21st birthday gift from the Queen - the car he used to drive Princess Diana to polo matches. ---

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 326
June 28, 2003 --- Prince Charles drives Diana in the Aston Martin given to him by his mother, Queen Elizabeth II. An analogy of today when Charles Drove Camilla Parker Bowles from a polo match today (28/6/2003) --- Photo by Tim Graham/Corbis Sygma Original caption: Charles and Diana's Aston Martin. January 1, 1980

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 345
Funny Article

Charles' Aston thriller Jun 29 2003

HE WHEELS OUT OLD FAVOURITE

By Andy Gardner

PRINCE Charles took two old bangers for a spin yesterday ...

The Prince was back behind the wheel of the elderly Aston he'd received as a 21st birthday present from the Queen for a rare outing at a charity polo match - and sitting beside him was Camilla Parker Bowles

Charles drove the open-top car - made famous by Sean Connery in 1964 Bond movie Goldfinger - around the polo grounds at Cirencester, Gloucester.

Twenty years earlier he sped around in the blue DB6 Volante - which has a top speed of 160mph - with a youthful Diana smiling broadly in the passenger seat. The car is so precious to him that he once gave Princess Diana a ticking off when she put a dent in the bonnet by sitting on it during a polo match in 1987.

A grumpy Charles was pictured surveying the damage and flashing his embarrassed young wife a stern look.

He now keeps the treasured car at his country home, Highgrove, and only uses it for short drives on the nearby country lanes.

Yesterday he was in a more expansive mood after playing in the Porcelanosa Cup, a yearly charity polo match which raises money for the National Osteoporosis Society - of which Camilla is president. Charles was awarded with the winners' trophy by Hollywood actor John Travolta.

The Pulp Fiction star joined Britain's own stars at the event, including Coronation Street's Helen Worth, who plays Gail Hillman, and Suranne Jones, who plays currently troubled Karen McDonald. Hollyoaks star Mikyla Dood, who plays Chloe Bruce, joined the two soap stars in "treading in the divots", a ritual where the crowd bashes down hoof marks on the pitch.

Prince William and Prince Harry did not attend the match following last week's security blunder at Windsor.

But Camilla did find the time to chat to American veteran comedian Joan Rivers before hoping into the Aston.

But it was hard to tell which old banger was the real apple of Charles's eye.

Polfoto 30-06-2003 The Prince of Wales visits Bury St Edmunds Cathedral to see how new building work is progressing. The Prince is Patron of the Buty St Edmunds Cathedral Millennium Project and County Appeal.

Attachments

• ch054610_charles_a.jpg
    ch054610_charles_a.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 315
  • ch054612_charles_b.jpg
    ch054612_charles_b.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 278
www.rexfeatures.com - POLO GAME, CIRENCESTER, BRITAIN - 28 JUN 2003. Prince Charles with John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston.

Attachments

• travolta_preston_420494t.jpg
    travolta_preston_420494t.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 285
  • travolta_preston_420494bf.jpg
    travolta_preston_420494bf.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 253
  • travolta_420549a.jpg
    travolta_420549a.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 425
I hate the Prince of wails

By PAUL THOMPSON
Royal Correspondent

A BOY of three caused uproar yesterday when he screamed, “I don’t like Prince Charles” as the Royal prepared to make a speech at a school.

A teacher comforted the distraught boy — named only as Henry — and quick-witted Charles told his audience: “I’m glad I can have that effect at my age.”

There were roars of laughter when he added that he ought to continue his speech quickly “in case I have an even worse effect on all the other children”.

Henry’s outburst came as the 54-year-old Prince started to speak at Eagle House School in Sandhurst, Berks.

And blond Henry, of Crowthorne, had the same view after Charles left. Asked if had changed his mind, he said firmly: “No. I don’t like him.”

Asked if the royal visitor was scary, he nodded his head and rubbed his red eyes.

Nursery teacher Sally Clarke said: “He’s a delightful little boy. He didn’t like him coming in a helicopter. That was what frightened him.”

Charles was at the private school’s Tudor Fair to celebrate the opening of a replica 16th century house which the children helped build.

The kids were putting the finishing touches to the house during the visit, and Charles shook the muddy hand of 12-year-old Daniel Cooke.

The Tudor House took three years to finish and will be used for history lessons, events and small-scale concerts.

Charles, who is patron of The Prince’s Foundation for the Built Environment, was told how the house was made of green oak and hundreds of joints and pegs, which the youngsters helped to craft.

From The Sun.

Upset ... Henry sees the Prince and throws a right royal wobbly

Attachments

• 0__2003301255_00.jpg
    0__2003301255_00.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 249
oh geez little boy! that his life! if he not like him! must be patience to met the Prince of Wales !

Sara Boyce

Polfoto 06-07-2003 The Prince of Wales, sitting next to singer Beyonce (botton right) greets the crowds at the Capital Radio Party in the Park, in Hyde Park, London. The concert is being held in aid of The Prince's Trust.

Attachments

• EN_charles_515.jpg
    EN_charles_515.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 334
www.ibl.se - 07/14/2003. The Prince of Wales on the second day on his visit in St-Petersburg © JONES IAN/GAMMA 740592

Attachments

• charles_740592_05.jpg
    charles_740592_05.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 265
  • charles_740592_03.jpg
    charles_740592_03.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 227
  • charles_740592_01.jpg
    charles_740592_01.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 250
Status