The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

1-2 pictures :HRH The Prince of Wales visits Christchurch school to view the restoration work at Christchurch, Spitalfields on February 24, 2005 in London, England. In his capacity as President of The Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment, in East London

3-4-5: HRH The Prince of Wales arrives to present a prize to the year's most outstanding Craft Scholar at the foundation, Charlotte street on February 24, 2005 in London England. The award was presented after Prince Charles had viewed an exhibition of the Craft Scholar's work in his capacity as, President of 'The Prince's Foundation for the built enviroment'

6-7-8 pictures :HRH The Prince Of Wales arrives to view the restoration work at Christchurch, Spitalfields in his capacity as President of The Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment, in East London on February 24, 2005 in London, England.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52236705.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	98258   Click image for larger version

Name:	52236698.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	98259   Click image for larger version

Name:	52236562.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	98260   Click image for larger version

Name:	52236559.jpg
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	98261  

Name:	52236557.jpg
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	98262   Click image for larger version

Name:	52236555.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	98263   Click image for larger version

Name:	52235605.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	98264   Click image for larger version

Name:	52235604.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	98265  

Name:	52235602.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	98266  

Old 02-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics!

Old 02-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for posting pics!
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 02-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Nearly in the end of March, Prince Charles and his sons often has an annual skiing in Swiss.I think maybe this year we will see Camilla there.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 02-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

That would make sense. But hasn't she gone before?
Old 02-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Britons torture me, says Charles

From correspondents in London
27-02-2005

PRINCE Charles has complained that his future subjects have "tortured" him over his relationship with Camilla Parker Bowles, according to a newspaper report.

Britain's Mail on Sunday said the prince's comments to BBC journalist Gavin Hewitt, included in a new book, would fuel concern at the public's growing disenchantment with the monarchy and the prince's suitability to become king.The paper said Charles at first refused to discuss his relationship with Mrs Parker Bowles.

But when pressed further, he reportedly snapped: "I thought the British people were supposed to be compassionate. I don't see much of it."

Hewitt said that the heir to the throne went on to complain bitterly that he was being "tortured" by people over his relationship, according to the newspaper.

"I don't see any reason why I should define my private life," Charles was quoted as saying.

"All my life people have been telling me what to do. I'm tired of it. My private life has become an industry.

"I just want some peace."

The Mail said the prince made the candid remarks to Hewitt in Sofia, Bulgaria, in 2003.

Prince Charles and Mrs Parker Bowles, who have been seeing each other off and on for 30 years, finally announced this month that they would marry on April 8 at a civil wedding in Windsor.

A spokesperson at the British Broadcasting Corporation said Hewitt's book was being published by Macmillan, but nobody was available for comment at the publisher.

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for Charles refused to discuss details of the conversation.

"We never comment on private conversations the Prince of Wales may or may not have had," she said.

Britain's Daily Telegraph this weekend published a YouGov poll showing that the monarchy had been seriously damaged by the litany of errors overshadowing the wedding.

Less than a third of those polled said the prince should become king.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:08 AM
Nobility

I don't think Charles will win many new friends for his future wife with his comments.

Did anyone else catch a BBC special last night about the couple? I live in the U.S. and watched the special yesterday around 7 p.m.

I don't realize the queen was giving them a buffet meal. Someone on another board suggested the eat Subway sandwiches. I don't think that was appropriate.

Someone wore masks of C&C at a wedding show.
http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/index.php

Old 02-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Last Updated: Sunday, 27 February, 2005, 12:49 GMT

Prince on Sri Lanka tsunami visit

The tsunami devastated many areas of Sri Lanka

Prince Charles is to visit the tsunami-stricken areas of Sri Lanka.

The prince will see for himself the devastation wrought on 26 December and the reconstruction work that has already been undertaken.

He is likely to meet President Chandrika Kumaratunga on Monday morning, before flying on to Australia.

It is the first time the prince has visited Sri Lanka since a trip to Colombo in 1998 for the 50th anniversary of independence.

December's tsunami killed 31,000 people in Sri Lanka, and up to one million people were displaced.

Despite a massive relief effort, many are still living in difficult conditions.

On Friday, the Sri Lanka government said 94,000 people were still in relief centres and another 407,000 were living with friends and relatives awaiting the rebuilding of their homes.

A spokeswoman for Clarence House said: "It will give him a good opportunity to see how the country has been affected."

The prince's fiancee, Camilla Parker Bowles, will not accompany him on his trip.

Remote area

Charles will visit the battered eastern coastal district of Batticaloa, parts of which are controlled by Tamil Tiger rebels.

Oxfam spokesman in Sri Lanka, David Crawford, welcomed the Prince's visit.

He said: "Anything that shows the people here that they haven't been forgotton is very welcome.

"It's good to see Prince Charles making the extra effort to go to the more remote areas.

"Batticaloa is harder to reach than some of the other towns affected so has had less attention.

"The work Oxfam has already done is provide clean drinking water to thousands in this town, however we have to realise that the aid effort has only just begun and will take years to complete. "Continued international attention is crucial if we are to ensure that the second phase is as effective as the emergency phase and that it strives for the hightest quality standards possible." After Sri Lanka the prince will tour Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, returning to the UK on 11 March.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

We've reached the end of 10 pages.

Please post more News and Pictures of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles at their new thread,
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...538#post180538.

Tags
camilla, camilla parker-bowles, prince charles, prince of wales