Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 4: May-November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:( :( :( :( :( That hat is not the best choise :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Come on, micas, we've seen much worse. Just keep in mind the outfit Princess Martha Louise of Norway wore to the Spanish wedding two weeks ago. The very thought of it sends me into epileptic fits.

Yes, that is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Afte all she probably do her best!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower: :flower: :flower:

not my favorites hats of Camilla!

Sara Boyce

Camilla has never been known as chic

Hello!

Charles pays tribute to D-Day veterans

4 JUNE 2004

Prince Charles has been meeting some of the army heroes who stormed the beaches of Normandy. The Prince of Wales chatted with a group of Scottish veterans, who told him of their memories of World War II, during a visit to Stirling's Albert Halls.

The 55-year-old has been making a series of appearances to mark the 60th anniversary of the D-Day landings, a counter-offensive launched against the Germans in 1944. Charles is Colonel-in-Chief of the Black Watch Regiment and Deputy Colonel-in-Chief of the Highlanders.

But one of the feisty veterans was less than impressed when he noticed the royal visitor was not wearing the right kilt. Ex-Black Watch platoon sergeant Charles Swanson demanded to know why the future king was not sporting the regiment's traditional tartan. When Charles, who was wearing a green Hunting Stewart kilt, assured him that he had worn a Black Watch tie the day before, the 83-year-old said: "Well, where is it today? You’re not wearing it today!".

Afterwards Charles struck up a conversation with 95-year-old Jim Shields, who was rather more charmed by the visitor. After the decorated solider told him how much he admired him, Charles replied: "Not half as much as I admire you. We owe you all a great deal for everything you went through over there."

And there was no disagreement about the Prince's attire when, later in the day, he donned his Naval uniform to take the salute from 650 veterans in Portsmouth. A crowd of some 5,000 wellwishers turned out to greet the Vice Admiral when he paid tribute to the men who helped turn the tide against the Nazis.

Prince Charles meets 81-year-old Albert Eccles from South Yorkshire, who landed on Normandy's Sword Beach - Photo: © AFP

Earlier in the day the Prince chatted with veterans at the Albert Halls in Sterling - Photo: © AFP

The royal visitor's choice of kilt - it wasn't a Black Watch tartan - caused consternation with one of the regiment's former platoon sergeants - Photo: © AFP

Looking at the wide width of medals on his chest ('fruit salad' as the americans are prone to say), one would think that the PoW served more at D-day then the rusted veterans beside him.
link

On June 5th, Prince Charles was shown in the USA via satellite from France visiting the Pegasus Museum. He was wearing an ordinary suit with all his medals across his chest. I guess it was only a 'semi-military" event.

Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 6th, 2004 - 12:30 pm
On June 5th, Prince Charles was shown in the USA via satellite from France visiting the Pegasus Museum. He was wearing an ordinary suit with all his medals across his chest. I guess it was only a 'semi-military" event.
I think he used busniess suits but he not used uniforms in D-Day likes in 1995 with his former wife the Princess Diana and sons.

Sara Boyce

Prince Charles will attend Former President Ronald Reagon's funeral the Buckingham Palace said.

when he and former wife Diana,Princess of Wales been attend Washington D.C. for visiting former President Reagon and his wife former first lady Nancy Reagon banquet and dances president reagon been dances with Princess Diana same day with John Travolta in 1986 i told my mom about it when Diana's death i knew it! they now President Reagon would remind about it!

Prince Charles, PM Tony Blair and his wife, Former PM Margaret Thacter will attend to Former President Reagon's funeral on Friday.

Sara Boyce

AP

- More Britons support Prince Charles marrying longtime lover Camilla Parker Bowles than oppose it, according to a poll released Wednesday.

Thirty-two percent of respondents to the Populus poll said they would support Charles if he remarried, while 29 percent were opposed. Thirty-eight percent said they didn't care and 2 percent had no opinion.

Marriage is a sensitive issue because Parker Bowles is divorced and her former husband is still alive. Charles, who divorced Princess Diana before her death in 1997, would be the supreme governor of the Church of England if he took the throne, and some Anglicans remain opposed to remarriage of divorcees.

The church is officially neutral on the issue, but former Archbishop of Canterbury George Carey recently urged the couple to marry.

Disapproval was higher among women than men, with 37 percent of female respondents opposed, compared to 21 percent of men.

The young were more supportive of a wedding than their elders. Forty-two percent of 18-to-24 year olds said they approved, while 20 percent disapproved; among those aged 55 to 64, 27 percent approved and 41 percent were opposed.

Populus interviewed 1,004 people June 4 and 5 for the poll, published in The Times newspaper. The margin of error is plus or minus three percentage points.

AFP

A former servant to Britain's royal family who said he witnessed heir to the throne Prince Charles engaged in a sexual act with another male staff member has admitted he made the allegation up, a report said.

George Smith, a former valet whose lurid allegations last year threatened to severely damage the British monarchy, told the Sunday Telegraph newspaper that the story was a complete fabrication.

He sold his story to another British newspaper last November, but a court injunction banned the British media from printing details of the allegation.

This left Charles's household in the curious position of issuing a formal statement denying the incident took place, yet not being able to say what exactly was being denied.

According to the Sunday Telegraph, Smith made the allegations after being paid 60,000 pounds (110,000 dollars) by another Sunday newspaper.

In conversations with the Sunday Telegraph, secretly recorded by the paper, Smith said he would be happy to rescind the story for a similar sum.

Asked what his position now was, Smith said: "I didn't seem him (Charles) in a compromising position. The reason I said that was because I was angry with" another royal servant, whose name is suppressed under the court order.

Smith was quoted by the paper as saying he would swear to a legal document rejecting his own allegations

with all this "blah, blah, blah ....." I'm glad Canada (and I suppose for that matter Australia and New Zealand) is one step removed from the shenanigans of the English Royal Court. Yep, there is an advantage to having a power-less and below the radar Governor General.

I hope they do not marry--what damage that will cause!!!

If they do marry it would show the contempt with which Charles holds his future subjects in. He should do the decent thing and give up the throne. Like Edward VIII he should realise that he can have the throne or Camilla but he can't have both.

Originally posted by angela@Jun 13th, 2004 - 7:02 pm
If they do marry it would show the contempt with which Charles holds his future subjects in. He should do the decent thing and give up the throne. Like Edward VIII he should realise that he can have the throne or Camilla but he can't have both.
Bravo and Kudos to you Angela!! :flower:

Not only to his subjects does he show contempt, but to his own sons! Everyone bahses Diana for the mistakes she made in the Andrew Morton book and being unfaithful, but Charles started it all when he needed an innocent, virginal mouse to marry so he could carry on with Camilla!!!

Boy did he and Camilla get that one wrong!! Bravo Diana!!! :heart:

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 13th, 2004 - 9:50 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 13th, 2004 - 9:50 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-angela@Jun 13th, 2004 - 7:02 pm

Not only to his subjects does he show contempt, but to his own sons! Everyone bahses Diana for the mistakes she made in the Andrew Morton book and being unfaithful, but Charles started it all when he needed an innocent, virginal mouse to marry so he could carry on with Camilla!!!

Boy did he and Camilla get that one wrong!! Bravo Diana!!! :heart: [/b][/quote]
that nice, posts tiaraprin

but i disagree!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981+Jun 13th, 2004 - 11:31 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara1981 @ Jun 13th, 2004 - 11:31 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 13th, 2004 - 9:50 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-angela
@Jun 13th, 2004 - 7:02 pm

Boy did he and Camilla get that one wrong!! Bravo Diana!!! :heart:
that nice, posts tiaraprin

but i disagree!

Sara Boyce [/b][/quote]
That is your choice Sara, there is nothing I can do to change your mind, and there is nothing you can do to change mine.

Agree to disagree!

Originally posted by angela@Jun 13th, 2004 - 5:02 pm
Well, but it seems that he can. It doesn't look as if the church or the government is going to create any obstacles to his becoming king with her as either his mistress or his wife. And considering that he's a lot older than Edward VIII and has a popular heir, people will probably be less inclined to be passionate about it one way or the other, because he'll be seen simply as a place-holder.

The public was not in favor of the abdication of Edward VIII they wanted him to remain king even with Wallis as wife. It was the establishment and the church that bucked him not his people. He was actually very, very popular before his exile. He was the Diana of his day.

Edward VIII wasn't any Diana of his day any more than she was the Ed.VIII of her day or QM of her day and so forth. Different people are popular for different reasons. Ed.VIII went on to make enormous blunders by doing things like visiting Hitler, something many people including those in my family never forgave him for.

They were popular for the same reasons, Julian. That is why I said he was the Diana of his day. He had a common touch didn't wear his gloves and generally was well adorded for very nearly the same reason Diana was.

No doubt he made mistakes but that does not alter the fact that the public did not support his abdication.

LM,

So what? No one cares about your recitals about who was popular or not because everyone knows those common facts and everyone already has their minds made up about these personalities.

It changes nothing, nor were they popular in the "same way" so he was certainly not at all the "diana of his day".

Also, FYI, SMITH has stated that he won't take monetary bribes from Charles intermediaries/partisans/friends in the press and that he sticks by his story about what he saw Charles up to. Sooooo....looks like if Fergie had an AIDS test and Andrew did too then Camshaft should certainly get one. If it's not too late that is. :p Meanwhile, you'll just have to stay angry about their possible STD's. it. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Originally posted by Julian@Jun 14th, 2004 - 3:45 am
Edward VIII wasn't any Diana of his day any more than she was the Ed.VIII of her day or QM of her day and so forth. Different people are popular for different reasons. Ed.VIII went on to make enormous blunders by doing things like visiting Hitler, something many people including those in my family never forgave him for.
Speaking as a woman of German descent, I was appalled by the Duke and Duchess visiting Hitler. They were trying to upstage George VI and Queen Elizabeth, and also thought Hitler was some sort of "saviour" for Germany.

When some people have found out that I am of German descent, they say I am a Nazi. Nothing could be further from the truth!! My German Grandfather fought for the USA, landed on Normandy Beach and helped liberate Auschwitz!!!

God bless my Grandfather and may his soul be at peace!!

I like to know what they are thinking when they have to shake hands with camilla and smile at and with her, all teeth and friendly? And later when if charles and camilla got married and they have to coursey to her? And think about the scenario, someone refuses to make a coursey in public, boy, the possibility is endless. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom