The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

Yah! That would be great to see! Also another marriage for her to have her part in destroying!

Old 11-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles Visits Petra Treasury Building

pics from http://pro.corbis.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-973602.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	53173   Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-973603.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	53174   Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-973606.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	53175   Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-973612.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	53176  

Name:	DWF15-973613.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	53177   Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-973617.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	53178   Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-973619.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	53179   Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-973621.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	53180  

Old 11-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Aristocracy

CHARLES SNUBS WEDDING TO STAY AT CAMILLA'S SIDE

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...princecharles/

Quote:
Prince Charles has provoked a storm of media attention by announcing he will not attend his godson's wedding. He is believed to have pulled out of the event because his companion Camilla Parker Bowles was obliged to sit several rows away from him

Alexander Smith

Old 11-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Courtier

That is just ridiculus! Now, advanced warning, I despise Camilla with a passion and that's why I stay away from this thread, but that reasoning is so unbelievably ubsurd! Is it just me, or does that sound like a spoiled child who didn't get his/her way? She doesn't actually have an official position therefore protocol dictates that she cannot sit with the Queen or any other member of the royal family in functions like that.... What's worse is that Charles is skipping one godson's wedding to attend another godson but who also happen to be Camilla's son's book launch... I smell favoritism and a direct snub to Edward and Tamara.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Good grief; how selfish of him. There's a time and place for making statements about his relationship with Camilla, and this isn't it. What a thing to do to the bride and groom and their families, creating that sort of media attention just before a wedding. If he wants to sit with Camilla at events where there's media interest, he should bloody well do the honest thing and marry her. Then he can stamp his foot if people want them to sit apart. Until then, he should show some consideration for other people.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't despite Charles or Camilla, and I don't mind or have problem with their relationship.

But really, how childish of Charles. It's a wedding; the ceremony is at most an hour and a half -- he can't sit away from Camilla for that long a period of time? Grow up!

Think about all the royal duties he goes on without Camilla at his side and somehow he's survived. What's one more occasion? It wouldn't be the end of the world. At least Camilla was invited! (Maybe he would've renounced his godfatherly role if Camilla hadn't been invited.) This time should be about his godson and his fiancee, not about Charles and Camilla.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Yeah, I agree with you...

The weddiing ceremony is one hour and half hour won't hurt maye after ceremony go to the Receiption they can sit together... Oh boy I can't understand why charles made his decision against it.... one time for life... won't hurt... big silly i ever heard.. forgive me....

Thank you for the share...

Karla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I don't despite Charles or Camilla, and I don't mind or have problem with their relationship.

But really, how childish of Charles. It's a wedding; the ceremony is at most an hour and a half -- he can't sit away from Camilla for that long a period of time? Grow up!

Think about all the royal duties he goes on without Camilla at his side and somehow he's survived. What's one more occasion? It wouldn't be the end of the world. At least Camilla was invited! (Maybe he would've renounced his godfatherly role if Camilla hadn't been invited.) This time should be about his godson and his fiancee, not about Charles and Camilla.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems as though William and Harry will be attending. I wonder what they think of daddy's latest tantrum. This isn't setting a very good example to them.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics of Camilla sans Charles....

November 3, 2004: Camilla Parker Bowles attended the book launch for "E is for Eating" written by her son Tom, a food writer. The event took place in Kensington, West London.

2) (L-r), Tom, Camilla and her daughter, Laura
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	53421   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	53422   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	53423   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	53424  

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	53425   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	53426  
Old 11-03-2004, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

Has Camilla had a makeover? I think she looks better than she ever has. Whoever did her makeup did a great job. I do think she needs to update he hairstyle. I think it is the same hairstyle she had 30 year ago!
Old 11-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennyllorac
Has Camilla had a makeover? I think she looks better than she ever has. Whoever did her makeup did a great job. I do think she needs to update he hairstyle. I think it is the same hairstyle she had 30 year ago!
Maybe it's because she and Charles aren't catching quite as much flack these days for being together. She does seem to look better, more relaxed and happy. In the past, I always thought, her face looked pinched and she looked as though she were under a lot of stress or had a lot of tension problems.

Its too bad the rules are stated the way they are for the British Royals, as I think Charles and Camilla deserve to finally be happy with one another and be married. But alas Camilla is a divorcee whose ex is still alive. And the British public would throw quite the fit, which I also don't think is fair!

At any rate, Camilla does look better in these last sets of pictures!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Aristocracy

Camilla Parker Bowles Attends Son's Book Launch

Quote:
Camilla Parker Bowles arrives with her son Tom (left) for a book launch, - but the Prince of Wales had to miss the party because of duties abroad. Mrs Parker Bowles arrived at 7pm, an hour into the event in Kensington, west London, and posed for pictures with Tom, a food writer, before going inside. November 3, 2004 (Pictured: Camilla Parker Bowles, Tom Parker Bowles) Photo by PA/ABACA

http://www.abacausa.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	778 copy.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	53778   Click image for larger version

Name:	435343 copy.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	53779   Click image for larger version

Name:	4354534 copy.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	53780  

Alexander Smith

Old 11-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennyllorac
Hmm...somehow, "surgery" comes to mind....
Old 11-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Gentry

If Prince Charles marries Camilla, does she get to become the next queen of England ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Maybe it's because she and Charles aren't catching quite as much flack these days for being together. She does seem to look better, more relaxed and happy. In the past, I always thought, her face looked pinched and she looked as though she were under a lot of stress or had a lot of tension problems.

Its too bad the rules are stated the way they are for the British Royals, as I think Charles and Camilla deserve to finally be happy with one another and be married. But alas Camilla is a divorcee whose ex is still alive. And the British public would throw quite the fit, which I also don't think is fair!

At any rate, Camilla does look better in these last sets of pictures!
Old 11-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Courtier

No. If Prince Charles married Camilla right now he would have to forgoe his chances at the British throne and William would become second in line, because Camilla is a divorcee whose ex-husband is still alive. If Camilla's husband were to die and then Charles and she were to marry, then I don't believe there would be anymore laws standing in their way, and yes Camilla would become Queen. But I don't see that as likely, Camilla's ex is healthy.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles at Princess Alice's funeral have post pictures?

Sara Boyce
Old 11-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
No. If Prince Charles married Camilla right now he would have to forgoe his chances at the British throne and William would become second in line, because Camilla is a divorcee whose ex-husband is still alive. If Camilla's husband were to die and then Charles and she were to marry, then I don't believe there would be anymore laws standing in their way, and yes Camilla would become Queen. But I don't see that as likely, Camilla's ex is healthy.
I would think that the Queen will have stipulations in the event of her death regarding Camilla's future position within her family. There are just so many principles and traditions that are going to be broken and chaos could ensue if she doesn't have any say over what might happen when she dies.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, since Charles is already pushing 60 and most people seem to be focusing on the long term and William, I don't think Charles is going to be in much of a position to do too much damage. People are increasingly seeing him mostly as a place-holder.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:41 AM
Aristocracy

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, since Charles is already pushing 60 and most people seem to be focusing on the long term and William, I don't think Charles is going to be in much of a position to do too much damage. People are increasingly seeing him mostly as a place-holder.
I agree. I don't want to start a whole big thing about who will be the next king, but IMO Prince Charles' suitability (in terms to age, martial status, public opinion, ect.) can certainly be called into question.

This whole situation with the wedding and Camilla upsets me. This wedding is supposed to be about the bride and groom, Lady Tamara and Edward Van Custum...not the Prince Charles and Camilla. I think the prince is acting very childish and spoiled. I don't understand why he couldn't have somehow managed to be without his mistriss at his side for one afternoon and be there for his godson and his good friends. The fact of the matter is according to royal protocal, Camilla as only the girlfriend of Prince Charles and not his wife, cannot sit next to the prince and the royal family in the presence of the Queen. I understand that the wedding is not an official event. However, a lot of the senior royals are attending, it is a very public event where pictures will be taken and the royal family is representing itself at the event. If the prince wants to be able to sit with Camilla in such events, he should do everything in his power to convince the Queen and the church to allow a wedding. IMO, this relationships has gone on far to long without it becoming official. If Prince Charles can't or does not want to marry Camilla, then they should both move on. If I was Camilla if would have left him years ago. I truly believe she loves him and no doubt she enjoys the lifestyle that he provides her with, but honestly how much can a women really take? She has faced people making fun of her and hating her for what happened with Charles and Diana. If I was her I would go back to living a much quieter life in the country, spending time with her kids and continuing some minor charity work. Because in the end, I really don't think Prince Charles with ever marry her.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:21 PM

I think the Prince of Wales is very immature. What he did is no way to treat his god son. I don't think it's fair for him to take his frustration about protocol out on the bride and groom. Not only that but he essentially made himself the main focus of what is supposed to be their special day (and he didn't even show up to it!).

I don't think he can have it both ways...if he wants her to receive the respect accorded to the wife of the P of W, then he has to marry her. If he won't marry her, then he's going to have to satisfy himself with the fact that she will be treated (and seen by others) as his mistress.

Tags
camilla, camilla parker-bowles, prince charles, prince of wales