The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 01:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by renats@Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:53 pm
Uh, Renats, you are full of yourself aren't you?? Hate to tell you that you are not important to me. And as to stalking, I have been stalked too on this website--I wonder who is doing that???

Aparently I'm. I wish I wasn't though!

[/quote]
you have nothing to fear

Old 06-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:57 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:57 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wymanda@Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:50 pm
OK, OK time out&#33;&#33;

tiaraprin, as I said in my email to you I think we should agree to disagree. We all have our own opinions about Diana and we are entitled to voice them. You chose to set her on a pedestal, others of us have a more realistic veiw.

I do wonder though, how you retain faith in your viewpoint when others who knew Diana well have been able to see her faults and to come to terms with them.

As to my comment about the Diana sub-forum. I simply think that Its presence acts to encourage all sorts of redundant discussion about what she did, what she wore etc etc etc.
Believe it or not, I do not have her on the high pedestal that you think I do. As I have said previously, I do not say anything about my negative thoughts about Diana because it just fuels fire for more hatred against her&#33;&#33; I know she was flawed. I know she made many mistakes. But I loved her greatly and she touched my life. I will not discuss all my feelings until I feel she can get a fair shake and the venom stops&#33;&#33; I am getting stalked and have to come on anonymously and get accused of stalking others who really have no importance to me whatsoever. I am tired of it all. [/b][/quote]
Perhaps if you stop sounding like an avenging angel people will not have a go at you every time you login.

Old 06-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:02 am
Quote:
Originally Posted by renats,Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:53 pm
Uh, Renats, you are full of yourself aren&#39;t you?? Hate to tell you that you are not important to me. And as to stalking, I have been stalked too on this website--I wonder who is doing that???
Aparently I&#39;m. I wish I wasn&#39;t though&#33;

you have nothing to fear
[/quote]
To fear no&#33; To be unconfortable, yes&#33;
Old 06-25-2004, 01:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by renats@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:08 am
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin,Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:02 am
Quote:
Uh, Renats, you are full of yourself aren&#39;t you?? Hate to tell you that you are not important to me. And as to stalking, I have been stalked too on this website--I wonder who is doing that???
you have nothing to fear

[/quote]
gee, who is following who now renats????
Old 06-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by wymanda+Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:03 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wymanda @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:03 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:57 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-wymanda
Quote:
@Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:50 pm

tiaraprin, as I said in my email to you I think we should agree to disagree. We all have our own opinions about Diana and we are entitled to voice them. You chose to set her on a pedestal, others of us have a more realistic veiw.

I do wonder though, how you retain faith in your viewpoint when others who knew Diana well have been able to see her faults and to come to terms with them.

As to my comment about the Diana sub-forum. I simply think that Its presence acts to encourage all sorts of redundant discussion about what she did, what she wore etc etc etc.

Believe it or not, I do not have her on the high pedestal that you think I do. As I have said previously, I do not say anything about my negative thoughts about Diana because it just fuels fire for more hatred against her&#33;&#33; I know she was flawed. I know she made many mistakes. But I loved her greatly and she touched my life. I will not discuss all my feelings until I feel she can get a fair shake and the venom stops&#33;&#33; I am getting stalked and have to come on anonymously and get accused of stalking others who really have no importance to me whatsoever. I am tired of it all.
Perhaps if you stop sounding like an avenging angel people will not have a go at you every time you login. [/b][/quote]
Good point&#33; Also, I&#39;m only defending myself. If you check her messages from before and after june 6th you&#39;ll see who&#39;s the stalker.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:10 am
Quote:
Originally Posted by renats,Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:08 am
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin,Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:02 am
Quote:
you have nothing to fear

gee, who is following who now renats????
[/quote]
My god&#33; Quit the obssession&#33;
Old 06-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by renats+Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:12 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (renats @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:12 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by wymanda@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:03 am
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-wymanda
Quote:
Quote:

Believe it or not, I do not have her on the high pedestal that you think I do. As I have said previously, I do not say anything about my negative thoughts about Diana because it just fuels fire for more hatred against her&#33;&#33; I know she was flawed. I know she made many mistakes. But I loved her greatly and she touched my life. I will not discuss all my feelings until I feel she can get a fair shake and the venom stops&#33;&#33; I am getting stalked and have to come on anonymously and get accused of stalking others who really have no importance to me whatsoever. I am tired of it all.

Perhaps if you stop sounding like an avenging angel people will not have a go at you every time you login.
Good point&#33; Also, I&#39;m only defending myself. If you check her messages from before and after june 6th you&#39;ll see who&#39;s the stalker. [/b][/quote]
As I have said before, leave me alone, I do not wish to speak with you, you just keep baiting and following me--so you are a hypocrite to do what you think I have done.

I have nothing more to say to you or about this matter. Goodbye&#33;&#33;
Old 06-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:14 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:14 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by renats@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:12 am
Quote:
Originally posted by wymanda@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:03 am
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-wymanda
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good point&#33; Also, I&#39;m only defending myself. If you check her messages from before and after june 6th you&#39;ll see who&#39;s the stalker.
As I have said before, leave me alone, I do not wish to speak with you, you just keep baiting and following me--so you are a hypocrite to do what you think I have done.

I have nothing more to say to you or about this matter. Goodbye&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
I wasn&#39;t talking to you. I was talking to wymanda about your stalking. Quit your obssession&#33; To try to "turn things around" is the oldest trick. You look like a 3 yo child saying "I did not, you did it&#33;". You have nothing else to say to me? Great&#33; Because I&#39;m unconfortable with your stalking and I wish it could stop&#33;
Old 06-25-2004, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Arguing like this is going to get the thread closed; Bear has already had a growl about personal disputes on the Announcement board. Could you two maybe take your dispute to PMs or something? Or, better yet, try and find some middle ground to agree on?

Tiaraprin, you know a lot better than I do about the responses you&#39;ve received to your posts, but just as a general observation (and I spend quite a lot of time on boards discussing subjects that get a lot more heated than this one, believe it or not), I&#39;ve found that the most negative responses usually follow the most extreme posts. If you did mention some of Diana&#39;s less attractive points as well as your overall admiration of her, I would have thought the response would have been more balanced in return. What seems to be happening is that someone says something one-sided, someone responds by saying something equally one-sided but in the opposite direction, and then things go to extremes and you have one person going on about keeping the perfect memory of Saint Diana alive and another one going on about what a total waste of space she was.

I&#39;ve seen posts of yours where you&#39;ve said that Diana wasn&#39;t perfect, and I don&#39;t recall them getting attacked by a bunch of piranhas; equally, I&#39;ve seen Wymanda say Diana had her good points, without compromising her basic opinion that at this point in time Diana is the focus of excessive and sometimes obsessive attention from a lot of people. It&#39;s the posts where people refuse to give an inch from an extreme position that seem to be causing the problems.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The real "problem" is that tiaraprin is not ready to hear negative comments regarding Diana or positive comments about Charles and Camilla.
I think the real problem is that Diana is a subject that people tend to feel very strongly about one way or the other, and emotions tend to get the better of reason on both sides a lot of the time. As long as people are able to acknowledge that Diana, Charles, and Camilla all have/had both faults and good points, it should be possible to keep discussions within the bounds of respectful disagreement.

It&#39;s entirely possible that nobody here is being stalked; it&#39;s just that when people are interested in the same topic but staunch defenders of different sides, disagreement on thread after thread can start to look like stalking. Things are probably a lot less sinister than that in reality.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspeth@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:29 am
Quote:
The real "problem" is that tiaraprin is not ready to hear negative comments regarding Diana or positive comments about Charles and Camilla.
I think the real problem is that Diana is a subject that people tend to feel very strongly about one way or the other, and emotions tend to get the better of reason on both sides a lot of the time. As long as people are able to acknowledge that Diana, Charles, and Camilla all have/had both faults and good points, it should be possible to keep discussions within the bounds of respectful disagreement.

It&#39;s entirely possible that nobody here is being stalked; it&#39;s just that when people are interested in the same topic but staunch defenders of different sides, disagreement on thread after thread can start to look like stalking. Things are probably a lot less sinister than that in reality.
Your post and the one before this are sound Elspeth. It has gotten out of hand and I hate it being this way. I have not felt comfortable discussing anything negative about Diana and until I am comfortable with it, I am not going to do it. I did test the waters once on saying something vaguely negative and it didn&#39;t turn out well. Thus, I went back into my shell. None of us are going to change our minds on how we feel about this subject, but I wish there was more respect all around.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Caption:
CIRENCESTER, ENGLAND - JUNE 26: HRH Prince Charles &reg; plays in heavy rain during The Dorchester Polo Trophy match at Cirencester Park Polo Club, on June 26, 2004 in Gloucestershire, England. (Photo by Jo Caird/Getty Images)

Caption:
CIRENCESTER, ENGLAND - JUNE 26: The Prince of Wales and the Sultan of Brunei compete in the Dorchester Polo Trophy at Cirencester Park Polo Club on June 26, 2004 in Gloucestershire, England. (Photo by Anwar Hussein/Getty Images)

Old 06-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

Britain&#39;s Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, samples some organic food at the Kindersley Centre near Lambourn, England, Monday June 28 2004.

mmmmmmmmmm
Old 07-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Commoner

This is interesting.

Camilla and staff on the royal books
Old 07-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is that really such a big deal?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Serene Highness

HRH Prince Charles visits St Paul&#39;s School for Girls to mark its 100th anniversary of its opening by the then Prince of Wales in 1904 in Brook Green on July 8, 2004 in London

Charles

shaking hands

greeting the director?

: Prince Charles addresses an assembley of pupils at St Paul&#39;s Girls&#39; School in Brook Green, Hammersmith, west London 08 July, 2004 during a visit to celebrate the school&#39;s centenary.
arriving

oops, I posted the pictures in the reverse order... oh well

The Prince of Wales

Smiling
Old 07-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally posted by Lyonnaise@Jul 12th, 2004 - 6:28 pm
Prince Charles chats to model Caprice

Doesn&#39;t Harry have a thing for her?
Old 07-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent