Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 4: May-November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by renats@Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:53 pm
Uh, Renats, you are full of yourself aren't you?? Hate to tell you that you are not important to me. And as to stalking, I have been stalked too on this website--I wonder who is doing that???

Aparently I'm. I wish I wasn't though!

[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you have nothing to fear :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:57 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:57 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wymanda@Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:50 pm
OK, OK time out!!

tiaraprin, as I said in my email to you I think we should agree to disagree. We all have our own opinions about Diana and we are entitled to voice them. You chose to set her on a pedestal, others of us have a more realistic veiw.

I do wonder though, how you retain faith in your viewpoint when others who knew Diana well have been able to see her faults and to come to terms with them.

As to my comment about the Diana sub-forum. I simply think that Its presence acts to encourage all sorts of redundant discussion about what she did, what she wore etc etc etc.
Believe it or not, I do not have her on the high pedestal that you think I do. As I have said previously, I do not say anything about my negative thoughts about Diana because it just fuels fire for more hatred against her!! I know she was flawed. I know she made many mistakes. But I loved her greatly and she touched my life. I will not discuss all my feelings until I feel she can get a fair shake and the venom stops!! I am getting stalked and have to come on anonymously and get accused of stalking others who really have no importance to me whatsoever. I am tired of it all. [/b][/quote]
Perhaps if you stop sounding like an avenging angel people will not have a go at you every time you login.

Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:02 am
Uh, Renats, you are full of yourself aren't you?? Hate to tell you that you are not important to me. And as to stalking, I have been stalked too on this website--I wonder who is doing that???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you have nothing to fear :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]
To fear no! To be unconfortable, yes!

Originally posted by renats@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:08 am

[/quote]
gee, who is following who now renats????

Originally posted by wymanda+Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:03 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wymanda @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:03 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:57 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-wymanda
@Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:50 pm
OK, OK time out!!

tiaraprin, as I said in my email to you I think we should agree to disagree. We all have our own opinions about Diana and we are entitled to voice them. You chose to set her on a pedestal, others of us have a more realistic veiw.

I do wonder though, how you retain faith in your viewpoint when others who knew Diana well have been able to see her faults and to come to terms with them.

As to my comment about the Diana sub-forum. I simply think that Its presence acts to encourage all sorts of redundant discussion about what she did, what she wore etc etc etc.

Believe it or not, I do not have her on the high pedestal that you think I do. As I have said previously, I do not say anything about my negative thoughts about Diana because it just fuels fire for more hatred against her!! I know she was flawed. I know she made many mistakes. But I loved her greatly and she touched my life. I will not discuss all my feelings until I feel she can get a fair shake and the venom stops!! I am getting stalked and have to come on anonymously and get accused of stalking others who really have no importance to me whatsoever. I am tired of it all.
Perhaps if you stop sounding like an avenging angel people will not have a go at you every time you login. [/b][/quote]
Good point! Also, I'm only defending myself. If you check her messages from before and after june 6th you'll see who's the stalker.

Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:10 am

gee, who is following who now renats????
[/quote]
My god! Quit the obssession!

Originally posted by renats+Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:12 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (renats @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:12 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by wymanda@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:03 am
<!--QuoteBegin-wymanda
OK, OK time out!!

Believe it or not, I do not have her on the high pedestal that you think I do. As I have said previously, I do not say anything about my negative thoughts about Diana because it just fuels fire for more hatred against her!! I know she was flawed. I know she made many mistakes. But I loved her greatly and she touched my life. I will not discuss all my feelings until I feel she can get a fair shake and the venom stops!! I am getting stalked and have to come on anonymously and get accused of stalking others who really have no importance to me whatsoever. I am tired of it all.

Perhaps if you stop sounding like an avenging angel people will not have a go at you every time you login.
Good point! Also, I'm only defending myself. If you check her messages from before and after june 6th you'll see who's the stalker. [/b][/quote]
As I have said before, leave me alone, I do not wish to speak with you, you just keep baiting and following me--so you are a hypocrite to do what you think I have done.

I have nothing more to say to you or about this matter. Goodbye!!

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:14 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:14 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by renats@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:12 am
Originally posted by wymanda@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:03 am
<!--QuoteBegin-wymanda
OK, OK time out!!

Good point! Also, I'm only defending myself. If you check her messages from before and after june 6th you'll see who's the stalker.
As I have said before, leave me alone, I do not wish to speak with you, you just keep baiting and following me--so you are a hypocrite to do what you think I have done.

I have nothing more to say to you or about this matter. Goodbye!! [/b][/quote]
I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to wymanda about your stalking. Quit your obssession! To try to "turn things around" is the oldest trick. You look like a 3 yo child saying "I did not, you did it!". You have nothing else to say to me? Great! Because I'm unconfortable with your stalking and I wish it could stop!

Arguing like this is going to get the thread closed; Bear has already had a growl about personal disputes on the Announcement board. Could you two maybe take your dispute to PMs or something? Or, better yet, try and find some middle ground to agree on?

Tiaraprin, you know a lot better than I do about the responses you've received to your posts, but just as a general observation (and I spend quite a lot of time on boards discussing subjects that get a lot more heated than this one, believe it or not), I've found that the most negative responses usually follow the most extreme posts. If you did mention some of Diana's less attractive points as well as your overall admiration of her, I would have thought the response would have been more balanced in return. What seems to be happening is that someone says something one-sided, someone responds by saying something equally one-sided but in the opposite direction, and then things go to extremes and you have one person going on about keeping the perfect memory of Saint Diana alive and another one going on about what a total waste of space she was.

I've seen posts of yours where you've said that Diana wasn't perfect, and I don't recall them getting attacked by a bunch of piranhas; equally, I've seen Wymanda say Diana had her good points, without compromising her basic opinion that at this point in time Diana is the focus of excessive and sometimes obsessive attention from a lot of people. It's the posts where people refuse to give an inch from an extreme position that seem to be causing the problems.

The real "problem" is that tiaraprin is not ready to hear negative comments regarding Diana or positive comments about Charles and Camilla.

I think the real problem is that Diana is a subject that people tend to feel very strongly about one way or the other, and emotions tend to get the better of reason on both sides a lot of the time. As long as people are able to acknowledge that Diana, Charles, and Camilla all have/had both faults and good points, it should be possible to keep discussions within the bounds of respectful disagreement.

It's entirely possible that nobody here is being stalked; it's just that when people are interested in the same topic but staunch defenders of different sides, disagreement on thread after thread can start to look like stalking. Things are probably a lot less sinister than that in reality.

Originally posted by Elspeth@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:29 am
The real "problem" is that tiaraprin is not ready to hear negative comments regarding Diana or positive comments about Charles and Camilla.

I think the real problem is that Diana is a subject that people tend to feel very strongly about one way or the other, and emotions tend to get the better of reason on both sides a lot of the time. As long as people are able to acknowledge that Diana, Charles, and Camilla all have/had both faults and good points, it should be possible to keep discussions within the bounds of respectful disagreement.

It's entirely possible that nobody here is being stalked; it's just that when people are interested in the same topic but staunch defenders of different sides, disagreement on thread after thread can start to look like stalking. Things are probably a lot less sinister than that in reality.
Your post and the one before this are sound Elspeth. It has gotten out of hand and I hate it being this way. I have not felt comfortable discussing anything negative about Diana and until I am comfortable with it, I am not going to do it. I did test the waters once on saying something vaguely negative and it didn't turn out well. Thus, I went back into my shell. None of us are going to change our minds on how we feel about this subject, but I wish there was more respect all around.

Caption:
CIRENCESTER, ENGLAND - JUNE 26: HRH Prince Charles ® plays in heavy rain during The Dorchester Polo Trophy match at Cirencester Park Polo Club, on June 26, 2004 in Gloucestershire, England. (Photo by Jo Caird/Getty Images)

Caption:
CIRENCESTER, ENGLAND - JUNE 26: The Prince of Wales and the Sultan of Brunei compete in the Dorchester Polo Trophy at Cirencester Park Polo Club on June 26, 2004 in Gloucestershire, England. (Photo by Anwar Hussein/Getty Images)

Britain's Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, samples some organic food at the Kindersley Centre near Lambourn, England, Monday June 28 2004.

mmmmmmmmmm

Charles' plane in near-miss incident

from hellomagazine
16 JULY 2004

A plane carrying the Prince of Wales was nearly involved in a mid-air collision during a flight to Spain, it has been revealed.

The military aircraft in which the Prince was travelling on March 24 was involved in a near-miss with a London-bound Airbus A321 carrying up to 186 passengers. The scare occurred at around 8:30am, about 11,500ft above the town of Newbury.

Though the National Air Traffic Service says that at no point was the safety of either plane compromised, both pilots filed reports about the incident. An investigation has been launched to establish whether there was a risk of the two jets colliding.

Prince Charles, who was on his way to Madrid for a memorial service in honour of the victims of the March 11 bomb attacks, apparently did not realise what had occurred until much later.

A spokesperson from Clarence House acknowledged: "All we are saying is that passengers were informed of the incident afterwards, but they weren't actually aware of it while the flight was taking place." A representative from the Ministry of Defence confirmed the near-miss incident, but would not verify which specific aircraft were involved.

On March 24, the military jet carrying the Prince was in a potential collision situation with a London-bound commercial airliner carrying up to 186 passengers

Originally posted by gaggleofcrazypeople+Jul 16th, 2004 - 9:17 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gaggleofcrazypeople @ Jul 16th, 2004 - 9:17 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sara1981@Jul 16th, 2004 - 8:26 pm
i got news from sun newspaper!

Prince Charles second crash from death
http://www.thesun.co.uk/articles/0,,2-2004322653,00.html

but thankness godness he not hurt!

Sara Boyce
I can't get that link. [/b][/quote]
dont worry about it!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981@Jul 16th, 2004 - 8:26 pm
i got news from sun newspaper!

Prince Charles second crash from death
http://www.thesun.co.uk/articles/0,,2-2004322653,00.html

but thankness godness he not hurt!

Sara Boyce
I echo Sara's sentiments. Thank goodness nothing serious happened regarding this incident. How scary. Sounds like someone "was asleep at the scopes" in the air traffic control tower. My husband and I have flown to England, and from England to Scotland and Wales, and back again, several times ~ and, this incident does bother me. :sick:

Elizajane

Loubna, I think it was reported that he's the same height as Princess Diana was, which would make him 5' 10".

i got news from BBC!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...don/3910123.stm

check it out and also video too!

Prince Charles paid for cab with tips also! but the articles said its would intives that man to the reception! because man been cab for 30 years. and he would carry Prince of Wales in cab he said in video!

Sara Boyce

Charles shares a cuppa with London's cabbies

The sight of black cabs ferrying people about the city will be familiar to anyone who has spent time in London. But strangely enough, one of the capital's most celebrated residents had never taken a ride in one until this week.

Prince Charles was collected from Kensington Palace by cabbie John Sheen on Tuesday afternoon for his first ever ride in a black taxi. And the future king looked to be thoroughly enjoying the experience, as he was taken to Hanover Square where he joined John and several of his colleagues for a cuppa in one of their traditional green huts.

"You know what I'm going to say – guess who I had in the back of my cab today?", joked the 65-year-old driver afterwards. "I don't think anyone will believe me though. He was a very nice bloke, though I couldn't believe it when he said he had never been in the back of a cab before. He said as a boy he went on a double-decker bus, but that was about it as far as public transport goes."

After spending some time chatting with John and his friends, the Prince of Wales jumped back in the cab for the journey back to Clarence House, where he hosted a special reception to honour the charity efforts of London's taxi drivers.

And although Charles is something of a novice when it comes to catching cabs, his father Prince Philip is rather more experienced. In fact the Duke of Edinburgh has his own £20,000 Metrocab, which he uses for duties around London.

Prince Charles alights after his first ever ride in a black cab

The Prince Of Wales shares a joke with cabbie John Sheen and his colleagues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom