The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 01:52 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 18th, 2004 - 10:12 pm

I'm sure that if Prince Charles and Camilla ever did get married, they both would probably agree that her becoming "Queen" would not go over very well with the public.

I disagree. I hope they do get marry and I hope that she becomes the Princess of Wales and then one day the Queen of England.

Old 05-19-2004, 03:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I know this Royal expert Norbert Loh...weīve emailed a few years ago and I also know his books on Queen Silvia and Letizia and Felipe (I havenīt read the second one so far). And I can say that heīs one of the more reliable Royal-journalists in Germany. But also he wrote some nonsense or participated in speculations. The mentioned channel "Bayerischer Rundfunk" isnīt a very big and much watched TV-channel. So I guess that Norbert Loh just wanted to say something, which would sound interesting, and he probably didnīt think, that the big press agencies would spread it...but we will see.

Old 05-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism+May 19th, 2004 - 12:52 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ May 19th, 2004 - 12:52 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lyonnaise@May 18th, 2004 - 10:12 pm

I&#39;m sure that if Prince Charles and Camilla ever did get married, they both would probably agree that her becoming "Queen" would not go over very well with the public.

I disagree. I hope they do get marry and I hope that she becomes the Princess of Wales and then one day the Queen of England. [/b][/quote]
disagree&#33;

Camilla cant become Princess of Wales because many people would getting heartbreaking of famous Princess Diana lots&#33; and Camilla cant become Queen&#33;

I would getting heartbreaking about Camilla being Princess of Wales but have no receive from Prime Minister nor his mother the Queen 2

Sara Boyce
Old 05-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 18th, 2004 - 10:12 pm
I&#39;m sure that if Prince Charles and Camilla ever did get married, they both would probably agree that her becoming "Queen" would not go over very well with the public.

At this point though, I feel that the two of them should be able to get married if they choose. They&#39;ve been "together" for how long? It&#39;s obvious that they care deeply about each other. The public should just accept the fact that Camilla (married or not) is a permanent part of Charles&#39; life.
I absolutely agree Lyonnaise. It is obvious that Charles and Camilla--whatever one thinks of her-- is deeply loved by Charles and loves him as much in return. She has spent many years supporting him and standing by him. And in all their years together (even while each was married to other people), Camilla (to my knowledge) did not speak out about her relationship with Charles--which is a quality many have recently brought up and admired about in Mary of Denmark--which is equally as admirable in Camilla. And as Lyonnaise pointed out, Camilla is a permanent part of Charles life whether people like her or the idea of them married or not. If William and Harry have come to terms with their father&#39;s relationship and possible marriage to Camilla, then why can&#39;t the public?

I think that if Charles and Camilla were to get married, Camilla would not take on the title of Queen --although she would be entitled to it. But even if they did not get married Camilla would continue to be at Charles&#39; side at public events and occasions --so why not make it official. Why does Camilla need to be the elephant in the room that nobody talks about? Why shouldn&#39;t she be at Charles&#39; side at other royal events just as the wives of other future Kings are? She is his partner as much as say Maxima is Willem&#39;s partner, or Mathilde Phillippe&#39;s.

I am curious to know however, for those who seem to vehemently oppose the idea of a marriage between Charles and Camilla, if they might be okay with a wedding between the two of them if Camilla did not take on the title of Queen, as in signing a legally-binding document or something like that? But if she married Charles to affirm the relationship but in now way became Queen Camilla? Or is it the idea of a marriage between Charles and Camilla period that some people object to?
Old 05-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@May 19th, 2004 - 9:43 am
If William and Harry have come to terms with their father&#39;s relationship and possible marriage to Camilla, then why can&#39;t the public?
Yes, good point.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@May 19th, 2004 - 9:43 pm
I am curious to know however, for those who seem to vehemently oppose the idea of a marriage between Charles and Camilla, if they might be okay with a wedding between the two of them if Camilla did not take on the title of Queen, as in signing a legally-binding document or something like that? But if she married Charles to affirm the relationship but in now way became Queen Camilla? Or is it the idea of a marriage between Charles and Camilla period that some people object to?
This raises the issue of a morganatic marriage. It was a proposal put forward in the Wallis Simpson scenario but there is no allowance for it in British law. However, given the fact that Camilla apparently is not looking for a public role it may get serious consideration and she will take the title of Duchess of Cornwall and become Duchess of Lancaster when Charles becomes king.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by wymanda+May 19th, 2004 - 7:03 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wymanda @ May 19th, 2004 - 7:03 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alexandria@May 19th, 2004 - 9:43 pm
This raises the issue of a morganatic marriage. It was a proposal put forward in the Wallis Simpson scenario but there is no allowance for it in British law. However, given the fact that Camilla apparently is not looking for a public role it may get serious consideration and she will take the title of Duchess of Cornwall and become Duchess of Lancaster when Charles becomes king. [/b][/quote]
Prince Charles would still as Prince of Wales for long times they he would become King after his mum the Queen but he cant change his titles&#33;

but Camilla cant receive as Princess of Wales because many people would remind of famous Princess Diana of Wales getting heartbreaking and Camilla cant become Queen also&#33;

Sara Boyce
Old 05-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Aristocracy

It&#39;s a non-issue, made up by a journalist who probably has no substance for his story or it wouldn&#39;t have originated or ended with a German journalist.

But Camilla is "an elephant in a room"? How so? You&#39;ve created a thread on a private individual that stretches for 10 pages already, so she&#39;s gotten a lot more attention than any other private individual I can find on this entire website.

If it were ever true in the near future, I would guess it was nothing but a pity ploy to save the reputation of someone before she dies from cancer. The cancer story is much more plausible than the marriage plans in any case.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Courtier

I honestly don&#39;t think that she&#39;ll ever become Queen or even Princess of Wales in the event that they do get married (which I see as very unlikely). Regardless of that fact that Diana has been dead for almost seven years, she is never going to be completely forgotten and Camilla&#39;s role in Charles and Diana&#39;s marriage would also never be forgotten. It wouldn&#39;t look right if the Prince of Wales made his mistress a queen or even a princess, the mistress who played a very large part in his marriage and decision to separate and divorce a much-loved Diana. I also highly doubt that the very public conscious Queen Elizabeth would ever allow that to happen.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody@May 19th, 2004 - 11:47 pm
I honestly don&#39;t think that she&#39;ll ever become Queen or even Princess of Wales in the event that they do get married (which I see as very unlikely). Regardless of that fact that Diana has been dead for almost seven years, she is never going to be completely forgotten and Camilla&#39;s role in Charles and Diana&#39;s marriage would also never be forgotten. It wouldn&#39;t look right if the Prince of Wales made his mistress a queen or even a princess, the mistress who played a very large part in his marriage and decision to separate and divorce a much-loved Diana. I also highly doubt that the very public conscious Queen Elizabeth would ever allow that to happen.
you know that Camilla been visited Charles lots since he got married to Diana in 1981 but Diana kept eyes at her husband while Charles chat with her mistress but Diana dont like his mistress&#33; she ruined marriages&#33; before Harry was born they later Charles gone see Camilla lots but Charles really love Camilla lots than Diana&#33; but both got separate beds and separate couples had less parents in the taboilds&#33; because Charles had done&#33;

Princess Diana knew about Charles&#33; she told Camilla please stop see her husband anymore&#33; but Diana really serious about her husband but she needs marriage very strong&#33; but its got collaspe&#33; when Diana and Charles attend party since Camilla was there also&#33;

I think HM Queen doesnt allowed her sons Prince Charles getting married again to Camilla from HM Queen Mother because its Camilla till his mother dies first&#33; they Charles would get married to Camilla its order from his grandmother the HM Queen Mother Princess Diana would happy the couples would still re-married they Camilla cant married to long-time lover&#33;

many people and kids would wanted to remind of famous Princess Diana lots because Camilla cant become Princess of Wales and as becoming Queen also&#33; if Prime Minister wouldnt allowed to marry divorcees from HM Queen 2.

Sara Boyce
Old 05-20-2004, 10:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1981+May 21st, 2004 - 10:26 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara1981 &#064; May 21st, 2004 - 10:26 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Moonlightrhapsody@May 19th, 2004 - 11:47 pm
you know that Camilla been visited Charles lots since he got married to Diana in 1981 but Diana kept eyes at her husband while Charles chat with her mistress but Diana dont like his mistress&#33; she ruined marriages&#33; before Harry was born they later Charles gone see Camilla lots but Charles really love Camilla lots than Diana&#33; but both got separate beds and separate couples had less parents in the taboilds&#33; because Charles had done&#33;

Princess Diana knew about Charles&#33; she told Camilla please stop see her husband anymore&#33; but Diana really serious about her husband but she needs marriage very strong&#33; but its got collaspe&#33; when Diana and Charles attend party since Camilla was there also&#33;

I think HM Queen doesnt allowed her sons Prince Charles getting married again to Camilla from HM Queen Mother because its Camilla till his mother dies first&#33; they Charles would get married to Camilla its order from his grandmother the HM Queen Mother Princess Diana would happy the couples would still re-married they Camilla cant married to long-time lover&#33;

many people and kids would wanted to remind of famous Princess Diana lots because Camilla cant become Princess of Wales and as becoming Queen also&#33; if Prime Minister wouldnt allowed to marry divorcees from HM Queen 2.

Sara Boyce [/b][/quote]
[B]WHAT&#33;B]
Old 05-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Royal Highness

I read now in one magazine that they gona merry in the same churge that princess Anne marry for second time , that is in Scotland.Is none date.
This news is serius??????????

Ps: THE MAGAZINE THAT I SPEAK IS NOT SERIOUS(is a pink magazine). SO MAIBE ALL CAN BE INVENTION.

I just think that i cholde chare this with the rest of you.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Courtier

I think that magazine was using the information of the so-called German "royal expert" was saying. There is no concrete evidence of such a thing yet.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles attend at Prince Felipe&#39;s wedding i found out in http://www.telegraph.co.uk - see Prince Felipe for Prince Charles just click it them&#33;

do you have pictures?

Prince Charles attend gala dinners and weddings also

Sara Boyce
Old 05-26-2004, 05:03 AM
Aristocracy

LAST MONTH THERE WAS AN ARTICAL SAYING THAT CAMILLA HAS LUNG CANCER. WELL I&#39;AM STARTING TO BELIEVE IT BECAUSE YOU DON&#39;T SEE CAMILLA ANYMORE SINCE THAT STORY CAME OUT. I DON&#39;T SEE WHY SHE DIDN&#39;T GO WITH CHARLES TO THE ROYAL WEDDING IN SPAIN HE LOOKS SO SAD LATELY. I HOPE IT&#39;S NOT TRUE, BECAUSE I THINK HE SHOULD HAD MARRIED CAMILLA IN THE FIRST PLACE. AS YOU CAN SEE SHE WAS HIS REALLY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by sophie@May 26th, 2004 - 4:03 am
LAST MONTH THERE WAS AN ARTICAL SAYING THAT CAMILLA HAS LUNG CANCER. WELL I&#39;AM STARTING TO BELIEVE IT BECAUSE YOU DON&#39;T SEE CAMILLA ANYMORE SINCE THAT STORY CAME OUT. I DON&#39;T SEE WHY SHE DIDN&#39;T GO WITH CHARLES TO THE ROYAL WEDDING IN SPAIN HE LOOKS SO SAD LATELY. I HOPE IT&#39;S NOT TRUE, BECAUSE I THINK HE SHOULD HAD MARRIED CAMILLA IN THE FIRST PLACE. AS YOU CAN SEE SHE WAS HIS REALLY FIRST AND ONLY LOVE.
my mom told me another days that Prince Charles would married to mistress? i said yes&#33; but i told her but Charles wouldnt allow married to mistress because his mother&#39;s permission and remind of Princess Diana many people would upset of famous Princess Diana lots&#33;

but Prince Charles cant married to Camilla because Camilla had lung cancer&#33;

Sara Boyce
Old 05-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

The lung cancer thing would make sense. Camilla was a heavy smoker before she quit.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Royal Highness

what&#39;s this i hear that they&#39;re going to marry this summer ?
Old 05-28-2004, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gaggleofcrazypeople@May 27th, 2004 - 9:06 pm
The lung cancer thing would make sense. Camilla was a heavy smoker before she quit.
Yeap&#33;
Old 05-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

The Prince of Wales (L) and Sir Nicholas Pearson, Chairman of the Temenos Academy, arrive to hear the Dalai Lama deliver the L.M. Singhvi-Temenos Interfaith lecture at Central Hall in Westminster, central London, 28 May, 2004. The exiled Tibetan spiritual leader was also set to meet Tory leader Michael Howard

Charles

The Prince of Wales &reg; and the Duchess of York listen (L) to the Dalai Lama delivering the L.M. Singhvi-Temenos Interfaith lecture at Central Hall in Westminster, central London, 28 May, 2004.

Charles and Sarah in the background

Tags
camilla, camilla parker-bowles, prince charles, prince of wales