The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Okay. Please take your argument and disagreement offline or at least out of this forum. Thank you. Now back to news and photos about Charles and Camilla.

Old 05-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

That is the "news" however, a published report in a major daily circulation that this woman has cancer. You can't get away from it. If you'd confined your forum to just news of the Prince of Wales, you might have gotten around that. You chose otherwise. That's the problem with including non-royal personages you can live with the news and comments that you like to hear about them, but not other times, when you don't like the direction of the news about them or the comments that ensue. Such is life...

Old 05-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Courtier

I'm curious. I know Camilla is technically a private person, but as the companion of the Prince of Wales, where does the line fall for privacy? Also, did Camilla herself deny the cancer, or does she have a spokesperson? Since she's been with the PoW so long, it's hard to think of her (imo) as a private person, but at the same time I realize she isn't royal.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 6th, 2004 - 2:42 pm
I'm curious. I know Camilla is technically a private person, but as the companion of the Prince of Wales, where does the line fall for privacy? Also, did Camilla herself deny the cancer, or does she have a spokesperson? Since she's been with the PoW so long, it's hard to think of her (imo) as a private person, but at the same time I realize she isn't royal.
im hardly answer with it!

Camilla is not Royals! but she dont have spokesperson but its only for Royals Family only like as Prince Charles and his sons and HM Queen, member of Royal Family also but Camilla had no history of Royal Family when she met Prince Charles in 1970's before Diana Spencer.

I knew about Camilla! but i dont support of Camilla! because she wrecked Prince Charles and Princess Diana's marriages you know that! but Camilla is not private person!

Sara Boyce
Old 05-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

It takes two to be in a marriage, and Charles was not in it--you can't blame Camilla for that.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Courtier

See, she sort of is a private person. She's not an actor/artist/singer/royal/regular celebrity. All she's famous for is her love affair with the Prince. Didn't Charles's PR people answer some stuff about Camilla before? or was that after the PR guy left Charles's employment?
Old 05-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 6th, 2004 - 4:23 pm
See, she sort of is a private person. She's not an actor/artist/singer/royal/regular celebrity. All she's famous for is her love affair with the Prince. Didn't Charles's PR people answer some stuff about Camilla before? or was that after the PR guy left Charles's employment?
I believed they have in some cases. I forget when. I think to deny rumours of this or that.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles Meets Urban Music Festival Stars
Prince Charles visits a group of students from the University Of Westminster who were rehearsing ahead of this weekend's Prince's Trust Urban Music Festival, May 7, 2004 in Harrow, London. The two-day Urban Music Festival at Earl's Court kicks off tomorrow, May 8, and will feature the cream of UK and US hip-hop and R&B stars.

with Run DMC and Russell Simmons

greeting his public

The Prince and Jay-Z

With two students

with Lemar

laughing

in a group

with the new Chief Executive of The Prince's Trust, Martina Milburn

Charles

say CHEESE
Old 05-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

BUCHAREST, ROMANIA: The heir to the British throne Prince Charles meets Romanian President Ion Iliescu ® at Cotroceni Palace, the Romanian President headquarter in Bucharest, 10 May 2004. Prince Charles arrived here on one-week private visit during which he is notably to discuss environmental issues

Old 05-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 6th, 2004 - 2:42 pm
What is the story from across the pond?
Old 05-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Majesty

BBC

Prince Charles has arrived at a remote monastery in Greece for a private visit, Buckingham Palace has said.

He is to stay at a Greek Orthodox monastery on Mount Athos, which he has visited on several occasions.

Accompanied by two men, believed to be bodyguards, the prince flew to Kavala, 433 miles north-east of Athens, before taking a private yacht to the retreat.

His spokeswoman declined to comment on claims that he would like to convert to the Greek Orthodox church.

Royal convert?

The purpose of the stay at the Holy Monastery of Vatopaidi, where monks rise at 4am and follow a daily regimen of chores and prayer, would remain under wraps, insisted the Palace.

"Prince Charles is a regular visitor to Mount Athos but this is very much a private visit," the spokeswoman said. "As such, we will not be revealing any details of the trip."

Mount Athos has been a centre of Eastern Orthodoxy since AD963 and is classed as a semi-autonomous monastic republic.

The Guardian newspaper reported that the frequency of the prince's visits had fuelled speculation among clerics in Greece that he is interested in converting to the religion.

According to legend, the Virgin Mary was blown ashore there on her way to Cyprus and was so overwhelmed by the mountain's beauty that she asked God to give it to her as a present.

Monks on the rugged peninsula, who call it the Garden of the Holy Virgin, live in a self-governing community dedicating themselves to quiet contemplation of the Virgin and God.

It has Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian and Romanian religious houses among its 20 monasteries and the monks are entitled to Greek and European citizenship regardless of their country of origin.

Women - even many female domestic animals - have not been allowed on the mountain since a decree banning women was issued by Byzantine Emperor Constantine Monomachos in 1060.

As well as visiting the Vatopaidi retreat regularly, both Prince Charles and Prince Philip are members of The Friends of Mount Athos, a society formed in 1990 by people with a shared interest in the monasteries of Mount Athos.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles talks to Pippa Hogg, Head of the Lower School at The Royal Ballet's White Lodge School in Richmond Park, England, 18 May 2004, as he watches a ballet lesson. Prince Charles took over the roll of President at the training school following the death of his late aunt, Princess Margaret.

HRH P.C.

Prince Charles poses with pupils of The Royal Ballet's White Lodge School, Richmond, England, and the Dirctor of the School, Gailen Stock, 18 May 2004, after watching their ballet performance

(it's hard to pick him out, but he's there)
Old 05-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles, Camilla to wed in September: German prediction

BERLIN (AFP) - Prince Charles and his long-time companion Camilla Parker-Bowles will marry in Scotland in the coming autumn, a German royal expert and author predicted.

"The wedding is due to take place in a small church in Scotland at the end of September," Norbert Loh, who has closely followed European royalty for some 30 years, told Bayerischer Rundfunk radio.

There has no official word in Britain on a possible marriage between Charles and his long-time companion.

Loh, who has just finished a book to coincide with this weekend's wedding of Prince Felipe de Bourbon and former journalist Letizia Ortiz, said the church to be used for the wedding would be the same one in which Princess Anne, Prince Charles's sister, married for the second time.

Charles's late wife Princess Diana was reported to have blamed Parker-Bowles for the break-up of their marriage. While Parker-Bowles is recognised as a "non-negotiable" part of his life, she has no official status

(Oh my. link)
Old 05-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

ABOVE MY DEAD BODY!!!!!!!!!!!! Camilla princess of wales NNEEVVEER!!!!!!!!1
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 05-18-2004, 04:50 PM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Originally posted by corazon@May 18th, 2004 - 2:32 pm
ABOVE MY DEAD BODY!!!!!!!!!!!! Camilla princess of wales NNEEVVEER!!!!!!!!1
First of all the story is based on a report by German "royal " expert Norbert Loh. I don't hold much credence to it.

Second, the wife of the Prince of Wales is styled as HRH The Princess of Wales. In Britain, wives take their husbands' ranks, unless their rank is higher.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 18th, 2004 - 12:24 pm

BERLIN (AFP) - Prince Charles and his long-time companion Camilla Parker-Bowles will marry in Scotland in the coming autumn, a German royal expert and author predicted.

"The wedding is due to take place in a small church in Scotland at the end of September," Norbert Loh, who has closely followed European royalty for some 30 years, told Bayerischer Rundfunk radio.

There has no official word in Britain on a possible marriage between Charles and his long-time companion.

Loh, who has just finished a book to coincide with this weekend's wedding of Prince Felipe de Bourbon and former journalist Letizia Ortiz, said the church to be used for the wedding would be the same one in which Princess Anne, Prince Charles's sister, married for the second time.

Charles's late wife Princess Diana was reported to have blamed Parker-Bowles for the break-up of their marriage. While Parker-Bowles is recognised as a "non-negotiable" part of his life, she has no official status

(Oh my. link)
oh good grief!

Camilla cant become Queen! if Prince Charles would lose! but Princess Diana would knew it! i knew Princess Diana blame Camilla when Diana and Charles got marriage when Charles went see Camilla many times since Prince Harry's birth in 1984 but Diana wanted Camilla away from Prince Charles and Diana's married life!

that not good idea! if his mother would found out about it!

Sara Boyce

p.s. im not fans of Camilla Parker-Bowles but im still as fans of Princess Diana lots and im still fans of Prince Charles also! but Camilla not Royals and she not Princess Diana!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1981+May 18th, 2004 - 7:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara1981 @ May 18th, 2004 - 7:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lyonnaise@May 18th, 2004 - 12:24 pm

Loh, who has just finished a book to coincide with this weekend&#39;s wedding of Prince Felipe de Bourbon and former journalist Letizia Ortiz, said the church to be used for the wedding would be the same one in which Princess Anne, Prince Charles&#39;s sister, married for the second time.

Charles&#39;s late wife Princess Diana was reported to have blamed Parker-Bowles for the break-up of their marriage. While Parker-Bowles is recognised as a "non-negotiable" part of his life, she has no official status

(Oh my.&nbsp; link)
oh good grief&#33;

Camilla cant become Queen&#33; if Prince Charles would lose&#33; but Princess Diana would knew it&#33; i knew Princess Diana blame Camilla when Diana and Charles got marriage when Charles went see Camilla many times since Prince Harry&#39;s birth in 1984 but Diana wanted Camilla away from Prince Charles and Diana&#39;s married life&#33;

that not good idea&#33; if his mother would found out about it&#33;

Sara Boyce

p.s. im not fans of Camilla Parker-Bowles but im still as fans of Princess Diana lots and im still fans of Prince Charles also&#33; but Camilla not Royals and she not Princess Diana&#33; [/b][/quote]
I&#39;m sure that if Prince Charles and Camilla ever did get married, they both would probably agree that her becoming "Queen" would not go over very well with the public.

At this point though, I feel that the two of them should be able to get married if they choose. They&#39;ve been "together" for how long? It&#39;s obvious that they care deeply about each other. The public should just accept the fact that Camilla (married or not) is a permanent part of Charles&#39; life.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:21 AM
Serene Highness

I think it&#39;s because she has cancer.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:24 AM
Commoner

Congradulations to the happy couple&#33;
Old 05-19-2004, 01:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@May 19th, 2004 - 1:21 pm
I think it&#39;s because she has cancer.
YOU ARN&#39;T STILL BELIEVING THE RUBBISH WRITTEN BY THAT OBNOXIOUS, INVASIVE AMERICAN JOURNALIST (& Yes I do know she works for the former Australian Rupert Murdoch).

Tags
camilla, camilla parker-bowles, prince charles, prince of wales