The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Britters@Feb 12th, 2004 - 11:57 am
I think it's unfair to Charles that people all over dislike him because of the whole Diana/Charles media debacle. It was ages ago, and Diana did just as many wrongs as Charles, yet people hold her up on this pedastel as though she is some sort of saint.

Yes cheating was wrong, Charles and Camilla are both very aware of that, I'm sure...but why don't we look into the many affairs Diana participated in.

Charles was painted as an uncaring, unloving father to his two boys...I think he has proved numerous times just how important his boys are to him, and how much he loves them.

Charles is just as interested in helping the less fortunate and sick, but unlike Diana, he jsut simply doesn't have the option of being pictured in areas where there are known land mines...he acts as patron for so many different charaties and groups his head must spin when he thinks of it all.

Charles will make a fabulous King of England when his time comes, and putting him down, degrading him, and hating him won't change that fact...people need to learn to leave the past in the past and move on. Especially when that past is rather biased, and swayed by one party.
I totally and absolutely agree! (Though I have a slightly more radical view of diana )

Old 03-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Serene Highness

She looks much better with shorter hair,don't you think?

Old 03-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Yes, I would say so.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:48 AM
Courtier

Cindy Adams, of the New York Post, is reporting Camilla is battling cancer.
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/cindy.htm
Old 04-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Majesty

Not sure of the source. I got it from a Yahoo group:

PRINCE Charles and other royals will be forced to have ID cards when
they become compulsory, David Blunkett announced yesterday.

But a clause in Mr Blunkett's draft legislation ensures the Queen
will NOT need a card - just as she does not have a passport or
driving licence.

The other royals will be fingerprinted and have either their iris
image or facial features mapped and put on a chip just like their
subjects.

And under the Home Secretary's proposals, members of the Royal
Family will also risk a £2,500 FINE if they refuse to register.

A Home Office source said: "The Queen will be exempt but the rest of
the Royal Family are not."

Mr Blunkett yesterday unveiled a draft law aimed at making ID cards
compulsory within ten years, by 2014.

Brits will not need to carry their cards at all times but will have
to be able to produce them if requested.

Police stations will be equipped with machines to check the so-
called biometrics - fingerprints, iris image and a digital "map" of
the face - of suspects against a national database of 60million
Brits.

Celebrities such as TV star Cilla Black - real name Priscilla White -
may also have to register their stage names on the identity
database.

The cards will be used to tackle terrorism, illegal immigration,
benefit cheats, NHS tourists and serious crime.

Mr Blunkett said: "We are taking action now to prepare the UK for
the challenges of the 21st Century. In an increasingly
technologically complex and global world, correct identification has
become critically important."

Cabinet colleagues including Foreign Secretary Jack Straw have
raised concerns about the widespread use of ID cards to access
public services.

But the Home Secretary has agreed with Health Secretary John Reid
that a card will be necessary to register with a GP or get hospital
care.

Business chiefs also supported Mr Blunkett's proposals.

CBI boss John Cridland said: "Identity cards could help reduce
illegal working by enabling UK employers to verify the
identification of would-be employees more swiftly and with greater
certainty."

Everyone over 16 will need to have a card with teenagers getting
their first free.

Pensioners and low-income groups could also get concessions.

Chancellor Gordon Brown is wary of the costs of the massive scheme.

But Mr Blunkett argued that combining biometric ID cards with
passports and driving licences will only add £4 to the respective
£73 and £69 costs of each document.

An ID card on its own would cost £35.

ID cards will make it easier to keep tabs on fanatics such as
supporters of extremist Abu Hamza, who is currently fighting a
deportation battle.

The draft Identity Cards Bill will be introduced to Parliament this
autumn.

The first voluntary cards with fingerprints and iris images or
facial maps could be introduced by 2007.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

Ms. Parker-Bowles has lung cancer:

April 30, 2004 -- ON MARCH 30, I reported Camilla Parker Bowles is not well. Said news - neither sought nor especially wanted - was handed to me unsolicited. It being my job to report, I therefore printed this, carefully placing what had been learned in the context of rumor, since there appeared no way to confirm it. Scratching after information dealing with illness is not something which affords pleasure.
When Jackie Onassis was handed her terminal diagnosis, it was I who broke the story. I wrestled with what I knew to be an absolute fact, even withholding it temporarily because a) it was not pretty, B) it was clearly being kept secret, c) it is unattractive to intrude on anguish. This was ultimately shared with my editors when we realized it could not be kept under wraps. With someone so focal, news cannot be permanently withheld. It becomes public momentarily.

So, now, an update. Medical circles in London confirmed the diagnosis. Camilla, a longtime smoker, appears to be battling cancer.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

if must truth the news!

I got news from what i found out!

http://www.sky.com - see Camilla Parker-Bowles
http://www.femail.co.uk - see Camilla Parker-Bowles if you can click its so easy! see news!

we have more add one soon!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Apr 30th, 2004 - 9:37 am
Ms. Parker-Bowles has lung cancer:

April 30, 2004 -- ON MARCH 30, I reported Camilla Parker Bowles is not well. Said news - neither sought nor especially wanted - was handed to me unsolicited. It being my job to report, I therefore printed this, carefully placing what had been learned in the context of rumor, since there appeared no way to confirm it. Scratching after information dealing with illness is not something which affords pleasure.
When Jackie Onassis was handed her terminal diagnosis, it was I who broke the story. I wrestled with what I knew to be an absolute fact, even withholding it temporarily because a) it was not pretty, B) it was clearly being kept secret, c) it is unattractive to intrude on anguish. This was ultimately shared with my editors when we realized it could not be kept under wraps. With someone so focal, news cannot be permanently withheld. It becomes public momentarily.

So, now, an update. Medical circles in London confirmed the diagnosis. Camilla, a longtime smoker, appears to be battling cancer.
It migth be hard for som to read.
But i think that it is her one fault if she has that kinde of disease.
She has been smoking for many years,so i have no sympathy her or for that matter my one queen her in Denmark.

Old 05-04-2004, 03:29 AM
Majesty

Prince Charles talks to fishing boat skippers over a cup of tea while onboard the Margaret of Ladram in Plymouth harbour during his visit to the Invest In Fish South West project. April 30, 2004

Prince Charles speaking during his visit to the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth, where he met stakeholders involved in the Invest In Fish South West project.

Prince Charles talks to fishing boat skipper Anthony Shine, of the Margaret of Ladram, in Plymouth harbour, during his visit to the Invest In Fish South West project.

Old 05-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Majesty

Prince Charles, president of the Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment, visits a regeneration project in Essex to show his support. Supported by the Prince's Regeneration Through Heritage Initiative, Mistley Maltings, which has been left empty for years, has been redeveloped for community use. He is given a builder's hard hat for protection.

April 27, 2004 Mistley, Essex,

From Corbis:

Old 05-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@May 5th, 2004 - 11:37 am
"FRIDAY I reported I'd been told, more than once, that longtime heavy smoker Camilla Parker Bowles was fighting cancer. Mrs. Parker Bowles has since asked me to say it's "untrue." Her genteel request was ladylike. Very polite. I therefore accede to whatever Camilla Parker Bowles wishes said" From Cindy Adams, who is rarely wrong. http://www.nypost.com/seven/05032004/gossip/cindy.htm
Typical gutter press reporting!

The fact that this woman reported on the last days of her FREIND, the Shah of Iran and reported details of Jackie Kennedy Onassis's fatal condition (which I understand the Kennedys wished to keep private) makes her nothing more than a Hyena feasting on the misery of others.

I wouldn't even clean up after my dog with the garbage she produces!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:13 AM
Serene Highness

Garbage? Are you saying that what Cindy Adams writes is not true? I disagree.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Nobility

Whether it's true or not really makes no difference. If it is, my heart certainly goes out to Camilla. I don't approve of much of what she has done, but I hope that, if she is ill with cancer, she will undergo a speedy recovery and move on with a happy life. PS: Cindy Adams is one of the most accurate gossip writers out there. About 90% of what she has said in the past, at least by my estimate, has been correct.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

The Prince of Wales greets Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski in a driving rain after a wreath laying ceremony at the Polish War Memorial at Northolt in London 05 May, 2004. Kwasniewski is on a two-day State Visit to Britain.
Prince Charles

Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski ® is greeted by the Prince of Wales in a driving rain after a wreath laying ceremony at the Polish War Memorial at Northolt in London
Prince Charles 2
Old 05-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by grecka@May 5th, 2004 - 12:39 pm
Whether it's true or not really makes no difference.

PS: Cindy Adams is one of the most accurate gossip writers out there. About 90% of what she has said in the past, at least by my estimate, has been correct.
You said it! This woman is doing nothing more than trading on other peoples misery and misfortune. I doubt that truth is even a word in her vocabulary.

If she has been so accurate it has only been that she has used her freindships and contacts to feed on the misery and misfortune of others.

In my opinion, Fleas have more sincerity than this scandal monger.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Serene Highness

Why do you say that? What has she ever printed is not true, or not general knowledge in certain circles? Please let us know what you have against her.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@May 6th, 2004 - 11:03 am
Why do you say that? What has she ever printed is not true, or not general knowledge in certain circles? Please let us know what you have against her.
Fortunately, here in Australia we don't have to put up with this woman and we have few of her kind.

I simply hate people who trade on the misery of others.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Aristocracy

Hate to ruin your finger pointing session, but her kind are made possible by no less than Rupert Murdoch himself, owner of the New York Post who started out in your part of the world. But then it seems you veer towards these generalizations about Americans versus Australians in other threads as well. You might not like what Cindy Adams has to say because of who she has to say it about on this occasion, but the fact is she's accurate most of the time once she decides to say it in print. There's been far sadder things that she's reported on in the course of her career and people didn't get their knickers in a twist over the messenger just because they didn't like the message.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:56 AM
Serene Highness

I had no idea who owns the papers she writes for and I made no mention of her being American!

I don't care who she is saying it about. I would be equally appalled if it was Mrs Bush or any other PRIVATEcitizen of any country.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Serene Highness

I still don't understand what you mean by trading on the misery of a private person. Camilla is not a private person, by dint of her relationship with a public person.

Tags
camilla, camilla parker-bowles, prince charles, prince of wales