Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 3: November 2003-May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Please take your argument and disagreement offline or at least out of this forum. Thank you. Now back to news and photos about Charles and Camilla.

That is the "news" however, a published report in a major daily circulation that this woman has cancer. You can't get away from it. If you'd confined your forum to just news of the Prince of Wales, you might have gotten around that. You chose otherwise. That's the problem with including non-royal personages you can live with the news and comments that you like to hear about them, but not other times, when you don't like the direction of the news about them or the comments that ensue. Such is life...

I'm curious. I know Camilla is technically a private person, but as the companion of the Prince of Wales, where does the line fall for privacy? Also, did Camilla herself deny the cancer, or does she have a spokesperson? Since she's been with the PoW so long, it's hard to think of her (imo) as a private person, but at the same time I realize she isn't royal.

Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 6th, 2004 - 2:42 pm
I'm curious. I know Camilla is technically a private person, but as the companion of the Prince of Wales, where does the line fall for privacy? Also, did Camilla herself deny the cancer, or does she have a spokesperson? Since she's been with the PoW so long, it's hard to think of her (imo) as a private person, but at the same time I realize she isn't royal.
im hardly answer with it!

Camilla is not Royals! but she dont have spokesperson but its only for Royals Family only like as Prince Charles and his sons and HM Queen, member of Royal Family also but Camilla had no history of Royal Family when she met Prince Charles in 1970's before Diana Spencer.

I knew about Camilla! but i dont support of Camilla! because she wrecked Prince Charles and Princess Diana's marriages you know that! but Camilla is not private person!

Sara Boyce

It takes two to be in a marriage, and Charles was not in it--you can't blame Camilla for that.

See, she sort of is a private person. She's not an actor/artist/singer/royal/regular celebrity. All she's famous for is her love affair with the Prince. Didn't Charles's PR people answer some stuff about Camilla before? or was that after the PR guy left Charles's employment?

Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 6th, 2004 - 4:23 pm
See, she sort of is a private person. She's not an actor/artist/singer/royal/regular celebrity. All she's famous for is her love affair with the Prince. Didn't Charles's PR people answer some stuff about Camilla before? or was that after the PR guy left Charles's employment?
I believed they have in some cases. I forget when. I think to deny rumours of this or that.

Prince Charles Meets Urban Music Festival Stars
Prince Charles visits a group of students from the University Of Westminster who were rehearsing ahead of this weekend's Prince's Trust Urban Music Festival, May 7, 2004 in Harrow, London. The two-day Urban Music Festival at Earl's Court kicks off tomorrow, May 8, and will feature the cream of UK and US hip-hop and R&B stars.

with Run DMC and Russell Simmons

greeting his public

The Prince and Jay-Z

With two students

with Lemar

laughing

in a group

with the new Chief Executive of The Prince's Trust, Martina Milburn

Charles

say CHEESE

BUCHAREST, ROMANIA: The heir to the British throne Prince Charles meets Romanian President Ion Iliescu ® at Cotroceni Palace, the Romanian President headquarter in Bucharest, 10 May 2004. Prince Charles arrived here on one-week private visit during which he is notably to discuss environmental issues

Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 6th, 2004 - 2:42 pm
What is the story from across the pond?

BBC

Prince Charles has arrived at a remote monastery in Greece for a private visit, Buckingham Palace has said.

He is to stay at a Greek Orthodox monastery on Mount Athos, which he has visited on several occasions.

Accompanied by two men, believed to be bodyguards, the prince flew to Kavala, 433 miles north-east of Athens, before taking a private yacht to the retreat.

His spokeswoman declined to comment on claims that he would like to convert to the Greek Orthodox church.

Royal convert?

The purpose of the stay at the Holy Monastery of Vatopaidi, where monks rise at 4am and follow a daily regimen of chores and prayer, would remain under wraps, insisted the Palace.

"Prince Charles is a regular visitor to Mount Athos but this is very much a private visit," the spokeswoman said. "As such, we will not be revealing any details of the trip."

Mount Athos has been a centre of Eastern Orthodoxy since AD963 and is classed as a semi-autonomous monastic republic.

The Guardian newspaper reported that the frequency of the prince's visits had fuelled speculation among clerics in Greece that he is interested in converting to the religion.

According to legend, the Virgin Mary was blown ashore there on her way to Cyprus and was so overwhelmed by the mountain's beauty that she asked God to give it to her as a present.

Monks on the rugged peninsula, who call it the Garden of the Holy Virgin, live in a self-governing community dedicating themselves to quiet contemplation of the Virgin and God.

It has Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian and Romanian religious houses among its 20 monasteries and the monks are entitled to Greek and European citizenship regardless of their country of origin.

Women - even many female domestic animals - have not been allowed on the mountain since a decree banning women was issued by Byzantine Emperor Constantine Monomachos in 1060.

As well as visiting the Vatopaidi retreat regularly, both Prince Charles and Prince Philip are members of The Friends of Mount Athos, a society formed in 1990 by people with a shared interest in the monasteries of Mount Athos.

Prince Charles talks to Pippa Hogg, Head of the Lower School at The Royal Ballet's White Lodge School in Richmond Park, England, 18 May 2004, as he watches a ballet lesson. Prince Charles took over the roll of President at the training school following the death of his late aunt, Princess Margaret.

HRH P.C.

Prince Charles poses with pupils of The Royal Ballet's White Lodge School, Richmond, England, and the Dirctor of the School, Gailen Stock, 18 May 2004, after watching their ballet performance

(it's hard to pick him out, but he's there)

Prince Charles, Camilla to wed in September: German prediction

BERLIN (AFP) - Prince Charles and his long-time companion Camilla Parker-Bowles will marry in Scotland in the coming autumn, a German royal expert and author predicted.

"The wedding is due to take place in a small church in Scotland at the end of September," Norbert Loh, who has closely followed European royalty for some 30 years, told Bayerischer Rundfunk radio.

There has no official word in Britain on a possible marriage between Charles and his long-time companion.

Loh, who has just finished a book to coincide with this weekend's wedding of Prince Felipe de Bourbon and former journalist Letizia Ortiz, said the church to be used for the wedding would be the same one in which Princess Anne, Prince Charles's sister, married for the second time.

Charles's late wife Princess Diana was reported to have blamed Parker-Bowles for the break-up of their marriage. While Parker-Bowles is recognised as a "non-negotiable" part of his life, she has no official status

(Oh my. link)

ABOVE MY DEAD BODY!!!!!!!!!!!! Camilla princess of wales NNEEVVEER!!!!!!!!1

Originally posted by corazon@May 18th, 2004 - 2:32 pm
ABOVE MY DEAD BODY!!!!!!!!!!!! Camilla princess of wales NNEEVVEER!!!!!!!!1
First of all the story is based on a report by German "royal " expert Norbert Loh. I don't hold much credence to it.

Second, the wife of the Prince of Wales is styled as HRH The Princess of Wales. In Britain, wives take their husbands' ranks, unless their rank is higher.

Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 18th, 2004 - 12:24 pm

BERLIN (AFP) - Prince Charles and his long-time companion Camilla Parker-Bowles will marry in Scotland in the coming autumn, a German royal expert and author predicted.

"The wedding is due to take place in a small church in Scotland at the end of September," Norbert Loh, who has closely followed European royalty for some 30 years, told Bayerischer Rundfunk radio.

There has no official word in Britain on a possible marriage between Charles and his long-time companion.

Loh, who has just finished a book to coincide with this weekend's wedding of Prince Felipe de Bourbon and former journalist Letizia Ortiz, said the church to be used for the wedding would be the same one in which Princess Anne, Prince Charles's sister, married for the second time.

Charles's late wife Princess Diana was reported to have blamed Parker-Bowles for the break-up of their marriage. While Parker-Bowles is recognised as a "non-negotiable" part of his life, she has no official status

(Oh my. link)
oh good grief!

Camilla cant become Queen! if Prince Charles would lose! but Princess Diana would knew it! i knew Princess Diana blame Camilla when Diana and Charles got marriage when Charles went see Camilla many times since Prince Harry's birth in 1984 but Diana wanted Camilla away from Prince Charles and Diana's married life!

that not good idea! if his mother would found out about it!

Sara Boyce

p.s. im not fans of Camilla Parker-Bowles but im still as fans of Princess Diana lots and im still fans of Prince Charles also! but Camilla not Royals and she not Princess Diana!

Originally posted by sara1981+May 18th, 2004 - 7:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara1981 @ May 18th, 2004 - 7:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lyonnaise@May 18th, 2004 - 12:24 pm

(Oh my.  link)
oh good grief!

Camilla cant become Queen! if Prince Charles would lose! but Princess Diana would knew it! i knew Princess Diana blame Camilla when Diana and Charles got marriage when Charles went see Camilla many times since Prince Harry's birth in 1984 but Diana wanted Camilla away from Prince Charles and Diana's married life!

that not good idea! if his mother would found out about it!

Sara Boyce

p.s. im not fans of Camilla Parker-Bowles but im still as fans of Princess Diana lots and im still fans of Prince Charles also! but Camilla not Royals and she not Princess Diana! [/b][/quote]
I'm sure that if Prince Charles and Camilla ever did get married, they both would probably agree that her becoming "Queen" would not go over very well with the public.

At this point though, I feel that the two of them should be able to get married if they choose. They've been "together" for how long? It's obvious that they care deeply about each other. The public should just accept the fact that Camilla (married or not) is a permanent part of Charles' life.

Originally posted by Bubbette@May 19th, 2004 - 1:21 pm
I think it's because she has cancer.
YOU ARN'T STILL BELIEVING THE RUBBISH WRITTEN BY THAT OBNOXIOUS, INVASIVE AMERICAN JOURNALIST (& Yes I do know she works for the former Australian Rupert Murdoch). :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 18th, 2004 - 10:12 pm

I'm sure that if Prince Charles and Camilla ever did get married, they both would probably agree that her becoming "Queen" would not go over very well with the public.

I disagree. I hope they do get marry and I hope that she becomes the Princess of Wales and then one day the Queen of England.

I know this Royal expert Norbert Loh...we´ve emailed a few years ago and I also know his books on Queen Silvia and Letizia and Felipe (I haven´t read the second one so far). And I can say that he´s one of the more reliable Royal-journalists in Germany. But also he wrote some nonsense or participated in speculations. The mentioned channel "Bayerischer Rundfunk" isn´t a very big and much watched TV-channel. So I guess that Norbert Loh just wanted to say something, which would sound interesting, and he probably didn´t think, that the big press agencies would spread it...but we will see.

Originally posted by Dennism+May 19th, 2004 - 12:52 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ May 19th, 2004 - 12:52 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lyonnaise@May 18th, 2004 - 10:12 pm

I disagree. I hope they do get marry and I hope that she becomes the Princess of Wales and then one day the Queen of England. [/b][/quote]
disagree!

Camilla cant become Princess of Wales because many people would getting heartbreaking of famous Princess Diana lots! and Camilla cant become Queen!

I would getting heartbreaking about Camilla being Princess of Wales but have no receive from Prime Minister nor his mother the Queen 2

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 18th, 2004 - 10:12 pm

At this point though, I feel that the two of them should be able to get married if they choose. They've been "together" for how long? It's obvious that they care deeply about each other. The public should just accept the fact that Camilla (married or not) is a permanent part of Charles' life.
I absolutely agree Lyonnaise. It is obvious that Charles and Camilla--whatever one thinks of her-- is deeply loved by Charles and loves him as much in return. She has spent many years supporting him and standing by him. And in all their years together (even while each was married to other people), Camilla (to my knowledge) did not speak out about her relationship with Charles--which is a quality many have recently brought up and admired about in Mary of Denmark--which is equally as admirable in Camilla. And as Lyonnaise pointed out, Camilla is a permanent part of Charles life whether people like her or the idea of them married or not. If William and Harry have come to terms with their father's relationship and possible marriage to Camilla, then why can't the public?

I think that if Charles and Camilla were to get married, Camilla would not take on the title of Queen --although she would be entitled to it. But even if they did not get married Camilla would continue to be at Charles' side at public events and occasions --so why not make it official. Why does Camilla need to be the elephant in the room that nobody talks about? Why shouldn't she be at Charles' side at other royal events just as the wives of other future Kings are? She is his partner as much as say Maxima is Willem's partner, or Mathilde Phillippe's.

I am curious to know however, for those who seem to vehemently oppose the idea of a marriage between Charles and Camilla, if they might be okay with a wedding between the two of them if Camilla did not take on the title of Queen, as in signing a legally-binding document or something like that? But if she married Charles to affirm the relationship but in now way became Queen Camilla? Or is it the idea of a marriage between Charles and Camilla period that some people object to?

Originally posted by Alexandria@May 19th, 2004 - 9:43 am
If William and Harry have come to terms with their father's relationship and possible marriage to Camilla, then why can't the public?
Yes, good point.

Originally posted by Alexandria@May 19th, 2004 - 9:43 pm
I am curious to know however, for those who seem to vehemently oppose the idea of a marriage between Charles and Camilla, if they might be okay with a wedding between the two of them if Camilla did not take on the title of Queen, as in signing a legally-binding document or something like that? But if she married Charles to affirm the relationship but in now way became Queen Camilla? Or is it the idea of a marriage between Charles and Camilla period that some people object to?
This raises the issue of a morganatic marriage. It was a proposal put forward in the Wallis Simpson scenario but there is no allowance for it in British law. However, given the fact that Camilla apparently is not looking for a public role it may get serious consideration and she will take the title of Duchess of Cornwall and become Duchess of Lancaster when Charles becomes king.

Originally posted by wymanda+May 19th, 2004 - 7:03 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wymanda @ May 19th, 2004 - 7:03 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alexandria@May 19th, 2004 - 9:43 pm
This raises the issue of a morganatic marriage. It was a proposal put forward in the Wallis Simpson scenario but there is no allowance for it in British law. However, given the fact that Camilla apparently is not looking for a public role it may get serious consideration and she will take the title of Duchess of Cornwall and become Duchess of Lancaster when Charles becomes king. [/b][/quote]
Prince Charles would still as Prince of Wales for long times they he would become King after his mum the Queen but he cant change his titles!

but Camilla cant receive as Princess of Wales because many people would remind of famous Princess Diana of Wales getting heartbreaking and Camilla cant become Queen also!

Sara Boyce

It's a non-issue, made up by a journalist who probably has no substance for his story or it wouldn't have originated or ended with a German journalist.

But Camilla is "an elephant in a room"? How so? You've created a thread on a private individual that stretches for 10 pages already, so she's gotten a lot more attention than any other private individual I can find on this entire website.

If it were ever true in the near future, I would guess it was nothing but a pity ploy to save the reputation of someone before she dies from cancer. The cancer story is much more plausible than the marriage plans in any case.

I honestly don't think that she'll ever become Queen or even Princess of Wales in the event that they do get married (which I see as very unlikely). Regardless of that fact that Diana has been dead for almost seven years, she is never going to be completely forgotten and Camilla's role in Charles and Diana's marriage would also never be forgotten. It wouldn't look right if the Prince of Wales made his mistress a queen or even a princess, the mistress who played a very large part in his marriage and decision to separate and divorce a much-loved Diana. I also highly doubt that the very public conscious Queen Elizabeth would ever allow that to happen.

Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody@May 19th, 2004 - 11:47 pm
I honestly don't think that she'll ever become Queen or even Princess of Wales in the event that they do get married (which I see as very unlikely). Regardless of that fact that Diana has been dead for almost seven years, she is never going to be completely forgotten and Camilla's role in Charles and Diana's marriage would also never be forgotten. It wouldn't look right if the Prince of Wales made his mistress a queen or even a princess, the mistress who played a very large part in his marriage and decision to separate and divorce a much-loved Diana. I also highly doubt that the very public conscious Queen Elizabeth would ever allow that to happen.
you know that Camilla been visited Charles lots since he got married to Diana in 1981 but Diana kept eyes at her husband while Charles chat with her mistress but Diana dont like his mistress! she ruined marriages! before Harry was born they later Charles gone see Camilla lots but Charles really love Camilla lots than Diana! but both got separate beds and separate couples had less parents in the taboilds! because Charles had done!

Princess Diana knew about Charles! she told Camilla please stop see her husband anymore! but Diana really serious about her husband but she needs marriage very strong! but its got collaspe! when Diana and Charles attend party since Camilla was there also!

I think HM Queen doesnt allowed her sons Prince Charles getting married again to Camilla from HM Queen Mother because its Camilla till his mother dies first! they Charles would get married to Camilla its order from his grandmother the HM Queen Mother Princess Diana would happy the couples would still re-married they Camilla cant married to long-time lover!

many people and kids would wanted to remind of famous Princess Diana lots because Camilla cant become Princess of Wales and as becoming Queen also! if Prime Minister wouldnt allowed to marry divorcees from HM Queen 2.

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom