The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 4:48 pm
I heard just yesterday that the investigators are thinking of having him testify so the idea is in the air.
Ok the question is now is he him or is it the MI5 or Prince Phillip or the queen herself ??
My bet is Prince Charles so he wear abel to marry the rotweiler called Camilla
she can´t be the next queen of GB if she are going to be the next queen then GB don´t haf a royal family

Old 01-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe+Jan 23rd, 2004 - 6:58 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (H.M. Margrethe @ Jan 23rd, 2004 - 6:58 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 4:48 pm
I heard just yesterday that the investigators are thinking of having him testify so the idea is in the air.
Ok the question is now is he him or is it the MI5 or Prince Phillip or the queen herself ??
My bet is Prince Charles so he wear abel to marry the rotweiler called Camilla
she can´t be the next queen of GB if she are going to be the next queen then GB don´t haf a royal family [/b][/quote]
i don&#39;t thing that he will have to kill her to marry anyone because they were alredy divors and the only thing that they had in comun was the boys so i still think that it was and accident but only god and hrh him self know.....

Old 01-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Courtier

watch the name calling folks. It&#39;s entirely possible to express dislike without namecalling and rudeness.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Why would Prince Charles kill Princess Diana a year after the divorce was final, it really doesn&#39;t make a whole lot of sense.

Charles and Camilla have had a long standing relationship, and they were by no means in the right to commit adultery, however, I don&#39;t see how they could possibly even think of murder. For starters Charles loves his two boys, no one can deny that, why kill their mother (wouldn&#39;t that just cause them more heartache?). Second the Camilla back lash had alreadt begun when he admitted to adultery, Charles is a smart man, there is no way he would have thought people would just get over the death of the Princess and allow him to marry. And finally, (and this is just my opinion), and some point and time Charles loved Diana, and I do believe he still had some sort of feeling for her when she died, while they had their moments of complete insanity, I do believe that Charles would not have asked Diana to marry him had he not loved her in some way. They grew apart. Diana was still really young when they married. I&#39;m almost 21 and there is no way I could imagine getting married any time soon, I still have to much to learn about myself, let alone trying to learn about someone else, as well as protocol and rules&#33;&#33;&#33;

Diana was a wonderful, wonderful human being, and people should remember her as such. But we don&#39;t need to discredit Charles of all the good he&#39;s done because of a rumor...it was a car accident. A tragic, tragic car accident.
Have you ever wished on a star? It&#39;s a magic everyone needs to experience&#33;
Old 01-27-2004, 08:41 AM

The stories and theories about Diana , Charles , and Camilla , will go on forever and ever.. Books , conspiracy talk , and affairs will continue to abound because it SELLS.........

The only SURE and REAL thing here is that Diana is NO longer with us. She died in 1997 .. That is a fact, however sad but true.

Just for the record , I have NO time at all for Charles and Camilla, never liked them and never will..

Sadly, Diana never got the chance to experience total happiness , I feel she was just beginning to find her place in life when she died tragically...

We will never know the Truth anyway.....
Old 01-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Gentry

I hope that Charles and Camilla get married one day, it would be great to see them happy and together finally... the boys obviously like her and so does his family, and her children are friends with his, it would be an allround perfect situation, sort of silly that they didn&#39;t get married in the first place, then we wouldn&#39;t have to listen to all this drivel about diana, who was the undoing and downfall of the british royal family... she was publicity mad and rather silly, I believe that she knew exactly what she was doing when she agreed to give that tv interview, and that was ruining the people&#39;s respect for the royal family, I would have expected more from someone of such breeding...
Old 01-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by alia_musallam@Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:22 pm
I hope that Charles and Camilla get married one day, it would be great to see them happy and together finally... the boys obviously like her and so does his family, and her children are friends with his, it would be an allround perfect situation, sort of silly that they didn&#39;t get married in the first place, then we wouldn&#39;t have to listen to all this drivel about diana, who was the undoing and downfall of the british royal family... she was publicity mad and rather silly, I believe that she knew exactly what she was doing when she agreed to give that tv interview, and that was ruining the people&#39;s respect for the royal family, I would have expected more from someone of such breeding...
In a lot of respects I have to agree with you. As I have said befor Diana was a beautiful women who did much good for the poor and ailing, but she wasn&#39;t the saint everyone makes her out to be, and she wasn&#39;t completely the victim. She cheated on Charles as well. She began the publicity battle by giving the interview. I have the utmost respect for Diana in what she did for all those in need, but when it comes to the way she handled her home situation, I have to stop and wonder what was going on in that head of hers. Princess Diana was popular with the people because of the things she did for the poor, and because she was "seen" more. Charles and the British Royal family do fabulous things for the less priviledged, but no one gives them enough credit.

It&#39;s time to let Diana rest in peace, remember her for the fun loving, generous spirit she was, and allow her family to move on in ways they see fit. If that means Charles and Camilla marrying, then so be it...although I don&#39;t see that happening, they seem perfectly content with their present situation.
Have you ever wished on a star? It&#39;s a magic everyone needs to experience&#33;
Old 01-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Britters+Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:37 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Britters @ Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:37 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-alia_musallam@Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:22 pm
In a lot of respects I have to agree with you. As I have said befor Diana was a beautiful women who did much good for the poor and ailing, but she wasn&#39;t the saint everyone makes her out to be, and she wasn&#39;t completely the victim. She cheated on Charles as well. She began the publicity battle by giving the interview. I have the utmost respect for Diana in what she did for all those in need, but when it comes to the way she handled her home situation, I have to stop and wonder what was going on in that head of hers. Princess Diana was popular with the people because of the things she did for the poor, and because she was "seen" more. Charles and the British Royal family do fabulous things for the less priviledged, but no one gives them enough credit.

It&#39;s time to let Diana rest in peace, remember her for the fun loving, generous spirit she was, and allow her family to move on in ways they see fit. If that means Charles and Camilla marrying, then so be it...although I don&#39;t see that happening, they seem perfectly content with their present situation. [/b][/quote]
i totally agree with you&#33;

Princess Diana really beautiful woman and she caring woman with sick people and sick children, but i never knew that Diana was called to Camilla as rotweiller like as cat and mouse because Diana wanted marriage peace than Camilla you know that because Diana was so popular Princess in Britain because Camilla have no history of dress into Royal because Diana have more powerful clothes than Camilla you would never knew it.

Diana was Queen of Styles because she was famous clothes the people magazine editors chose that Princess Diana for famous clothes i dont think so Camilla was Queen of Styles no way&#33;

Sara Boyce
Old 01-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Courtier

Hmmm...I haven&#39;t been following the inquest at all. But could somebody summarize what has happened as of now?

How will this affect Charles&#39; reputation? Will this affect Charles&#39; ability to marry Camilla in the future?

I think that Charles will gain a lot of sympathy from the press and people from Britain and all around the world. He isn&#39;t a bad man. Why would he have killed Diana anyways? She was the mother of his sons, they seemed amiable after the divorce...I mean why AFTER their divorce was finalized? Geez- Paul Burrell is meddling in other people&#39;s business again.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Commoner

I absolutly cannot stand Paul Burrell&#33; In my opinion, staff should not talk publicly about their employers. He is a golddigger publicity whore. Diana was unstable at the best of times. Charles in no way had a hand in her death. They were closer after their divorce than they were at any time during their marriage. Her death was a tragic accident. Nothing more. I think people want her death to be more than it was, because for someone so mythical in the publics eyes, should not die in such an ordinary way like the rest of us could.

Charles should be able to marry Camilla in a civil ceremony. If there was a plot to kill Diana to pave the way for his marriage to her, than Andrew Parker Bowles would have to die as well. As far as I know, he is still with us. They technically cannot marry in the church until they are both widowed. Yes the public would be outraged, but they will get over it. Diana was hardly the Downy innocent the world thought she was. She committed adultury as well, and with more partners than her husband did. She did not even try to be discreet about it.

I wish HRH the Prince of Wales and Mrs. Parker Bowles a happy future.

Eva
Old 01-30-2004, 01:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by emsaeva@Jan 29th, 2004 - 6:50 pm
I absolutly cannot stand Paul Burrell&#33; In my opinion, staff should not talk publicly about their employers. He is a golddigger publicity whore. Diana was unstable at the best of times. Charles in no way had a hand in her death. They were closer after their divorce than they were at any time during their marriage. Her death was a tragic accident. Nothing more. I think people want her death to be more than it was, because for someone so mythical in the publics eyes, should not die in such an ordinary way like the rest of us could.

Charles should be able to marry Camilla in a civil ceremony. If there was a plot to kill Diana to pave the way for his marriage to her, than Andrew Parker Bowles would have to die as well. As far as I know, he is still with us. They technically cannot marry in the church until they are both widowed. Yes the public would be outraged, but they will get over it. Diana was hardly the Downy innocent the world thought she was. She committed adultury as well, and with more partners than her husband did. She did not even try to be discreet about it.

I wish HRH the Prince of Wales and Mrs. Parker Bowles a happy future.

Eva
i disagree&#33;, Eva

Prince Charles and Camilla would not getting married without his mother&#39;s permission&#33; til his mother&#39;s death&#33; the polls said that&#33; because his mother is Queen of England, Head of state and also Church of England mostly people would upset of famously Princess Diana&#39;s death&#33; i would break heart of Diana lots&#33; but Prince Charles would remarried after Divorces from Princess Diana in 1996.

Sara Boyce
Old 02-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Prince Charles appearing before the bench PRINCE CHARLES VISITING DERBY MAGISTRATES COURT, BRITAIN - 30 JAN 2004

http://194.68.33.51/fotoweb/bin/preview.dl...081456F68FE70F4

Old 02-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Royal Highness

BASRA, Iraq (Reuters) -- Prince Charles paid a surprise morale-boosting visit to British troops in Iraq on Sunday, and local officials told him their concerns about the future of the country.

Arriving on a Chinook helicopter at a British base that was one of Saddam Hussein&#39;s lavish palaces, Charles shook hands with soldiers and officials of the U.S.-led civil administration amid heightened security.

During the nearly six-hour trip, he listened to prominent Iraqi officials discuss a wide list of political and economic problems plaguing postwar Iraq.

At one stage, gunshots rang out from a neighborhood near the base, underscoring Iraq&#39;s precarious security situation.

"It&#39;s very nice to see him here because he&#39;s the future king and he seems like a nice personality to me," Ban al-Durani, an Iraqi woman clad in a black veil, said at the base in the southern port city of Basra.

It was a rare visit by a British royal to the country that won independence from Britain in 1932. Prime Minister Tony Blair visited Basra last month.

News of the prince&#39;s visit was embargoed until he left the country.

"It&#39;s good to have his support and to boost the morale of the troops," Captain Sandy Stuart, 31, from Dumfries in Scotland, said at the base.

Charles, dressed in a grey suit, met Shi&#39;ite clerics, Christian clergymen, the governor of Basra and a prominent tribal leader in the palace overlooking the Shatt al-Arab waterway.

"I basically talked with him about people&#39;s complaints about salaries and how they are demonstrating," said tribal leader Morahim al-Kannan.

"We told him that Iraq must have elections because otherwise there will be no stability. I told him we have no government and we have to have elections," al-Kannan said.

Iraq&#39;s majority Shi&#39;ite Muslim community is demanding elections before a planned handover of power by June 30. The United States says elections cannot be held before then.

"We felt that he should know that our worries about the transfer of power in Iraq. There are still lots of problems in the country and that&#39;s what we told him," Sheikh Haitham al- Sihlaani, a prominent local cleric, said.

Charles, an advocate of dialogue between religions, chatted with three Iraqi Muslim women in traditional veils in a room at the palace.

"I told the prince that we want to make sure that women have rights in Iraq and I asked him for his support," one of the women, Gheida Adbul-Razzaq, said.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Majesty

Bravo to Charles. I can&#39;t wait to see the photos from Bam.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Majesty

BBC

Prince Charles has seen at first hand the devastation caused in the earthquake-hit city of Bam in Iran.

Charles toured the city, meeting survivors of the earthquake that killed an estimated 42,000 people and injured more than 30,000 on 26 December.

He was the first British royal to visit Iran since the 1970s.

The Prince of Wales has now flown to Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, but earlier gave his condolences to the Iranian President Mohammad Khatami in Tehran.

Their meeting was "warm and cordial", according to one of his aides.

My people in Britain are very concerned and they&#39;re praying for the Iranian people
Prince Charles

The two men discussed the prince&#39;s visit the previous day to neighbouring Iraq.

The president spoke of "the need for a free election [in Iraq] under UN supervision".

But Clarence House insisted the purpose of Charles&#39; trip was humanitarian.

Andrew Dunn, of the British Embassy in Tehran, said before the visit: "Prince Charles is patron of the British Red Cross and he is coming in that role."

Arriving in Bam, Charles toured the rubbish-lined streets, watched by local people from the tents where they have lived since the earthquake demolished their homes.

He said: "My people in Britain are very concerned and they&#39;re praying for the Iranian people."

Charles also visited a date orchard and met farmers trying to rebuild the ancient underground irrigation structures, the Qanat.

His visit to Saudi Arabia comes as relations with the UK are starting to improve.

They had gone through a rocky period after a number of Britons were imprisoned over allegations of making explosions, and the kingdom was criticised for its lack of action over Islamist militants.

Charles knows the Saudi ruling family well and is considered ideal for the role of helping to build on warming relations.

Iranian Red Crescent International Affairs director Mostapha Mohaghegh said 200,000 people would need help in the earthquake&#39;s aftermath in the years to come.

During the earlier visit to Iraq on Sunday - the first by a British royal since the nation was created in 1919 - Prince Charles met troops working to restore stability in the aftermath of the war.

He also met Paul Bremer, the US top administrator in Iraq."

And an article on the possible wider implications of the trip from the BBC:

" The visit by Prince Charles to Iran - the first by a member of the British Royal Family to the 25-year-old Islamic republic - has political implications whatever the protestations of diplomats.

All official visits abroad by the Royal Family are cleared and many are proposed by the Foreign Office.

The detailed and often delicate negotiations about them are usually revealed in files which are released by the National Archives after 30 years.

This visit will have been through the same process.

So one can discount the dutiful comment of a British diplomat in Tehran who said: "Prince Charles is patron of the British Red Cross and he is coming in that role. It&#39;s a completely non-political visit."

In this case, it is true that Prince Charles&#39;s interest in Islamic history and architecture has proved the incentive for a visit to the destroyed ancient city of Bam, which was hit by an earthquake in December.

It is also true that the Prince of Wales is unlikely to have got into political discussions with Iranian President Mohammad Khatami on whom he called on Monday.

But too much has been going on on the diplomatic front recently for this visit to be wholly "non-political".

It has important symbolism at the very least and it is also a signal of a desire by the British government to continue to engage in what the diplomats call "constructive dialogue".

Good cop, bad cop

The broad picture is that Britain is part of a Western effort to bring about change in Iran.

The British government is in a European troika with the French and Germans playing the "good cops", compared to the more critical approach of the Americans, cast as the "bad cops".

Dr Haleh Avshar, professor of Middle Eastern Studies at York University, placed the visit in this context.

She told the BBC: "I think that the Iranians will welcome such a visit. The important thing for the Iranians is that Britain and Europe are really sending a hand of protection against the kind of labels which America was placing on Iran."

The most recent focus has been Iran&#39;s nuclear programme.

Iran was discovered to have been secretly developing a centrifuge for the enrichment of uranium and has now signed an agreement with the UN nuclear agency, the International Atomic Energy Agency, to allow for stricter inspections.

It has also said it is suspending the enrichment procedure for the moment.

As part of the negotiations leading to this agreement, the British, French and German foreign ministers went to Tehran and promised that Europe would supply Iran with the technology needed and, if necessary, the fuel required, to drive Iran&#39;s civil power station.

Iran had argued that it could not rely on outside suppliers and that was why it wanted to develop its own fuel enrichment capability.

It may of course continue to do this, which is why the issue remains quite tense.

The United States is suspicious of Iranian intentions and Israel is alarmed.

Political reform

This visit therefore can be seen as a goodwill gesture by the British government, a symbol that Britain is mindful of its new relationship with Iran and wants to build confidence in it.

There is also the question of internal political reform, which is much harder for outsiders to influence.

Currently the parliamentary elections on 20 February are overshadowed by the refusal of the country&#39;s religious overseers, the Council of Guardians, to approve some liberal candidates.

Here again the European idea is to get friendly and try to encourage change while the United States emphasizes the remaining problems and offers a dialogue rather than diplomatic relations.

Prince Charles&#39; fascination with Islamic and other ancient history was made use of by the Foreign Office in 1996 when it sent him on a visit to Central Asia and the new countries which broke away from the old Soviet Union - Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.

The prince was never quite at ease on this journey, took his own cook, insisted that his hotel windows open and managed to go nine days without once speaking to the small press party with him.

But he went about the political business of meeting the new leaders.

This included a bizarre visit to the pink desert palace of Turkmen President Niyazov, who showed the prince his prize racehorses and his maidens serving mint tea.

He had his reward in visiting the wonders of the Silk Route and indeed he only seemed to come to life when he was tramping over the ruins of the lost city of Merv and gazing at the wonders of Samarkand. "

It&#39;s not often I can say that I envy the Prince of Wales but I do until I can make my own trip to Samarkand.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Majesty

The Prince of Wales with disabled basket ball players at the Saudi Sports Federation for Special Needs complex, on the outskirts of the capital Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 10 February, 2004. The Prince was at the sports complex to see two teams training, as part of the British-Saudi sports Co-operation programme.

http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29592...A4BD99DF23F8E58

http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29592...E23CE3DC5A12523

http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29591...CC048FCC6804D82
Old 02-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Majesty

Getty

Arriving at Tehran

In Car

Chatting

The Prince of Wales and the British Ambassador Mr Sherard Cowper-Coles (left), listen to a business leaders forum at the Ambassador&#39;s residence on the outskirts of the capital Riyadh, 10 February 10, 2004. Charles landed in Riyadh yesterday evening, following historic trips to Iraq and Iran.

http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29590...E3277057872A3C3

HRH the Prince of Wales talks to Iain Logan. head of operations at the International Red Cross, as they tour a field hospital on February 9, 2004 in Bam, Iran.

http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29548...757C85AE85A779B
Old 02-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Gentry

I vote Charles and Camilla as next King and Queen of Iraq&#33;
Old 02-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Majesty

Now that would be interesting.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Courtier

I think it&#39;s unfair to Charles that people all over dislike him because of the whole Diana/Charles media debacle. It was ages ago, and Diana did just as many wrongs as Charles, yet people hold her up on this pedastel as though she is some sort of saint.

Yes cheating was wrong, Charles and Camilla are both very aware of that, I&#39;m sure...but why don&#39;t we look into the many affairs Diana participated in.

Charles was painted as an uncaring, unloving father to his two boys...I think he has proved numerous times just how important his boys are to him, and how much he loves them.

Charles is just as interested in helping the less fortunate and sick, but unlike Diana, he jsut simply doesn&#39;t have the option of being pictured in areas where there are known land mines...he acts as patron for so many different charaties and groups his head must spin when he thinks of it all.

Charles will make a fabulous King of England when his time comes, and putting him down, degrading him, and hating him won&#39;t change that fact...people need to learn to leave the past in the past and move on. Especially when that past is rather biased, and swayed by one party.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla parker-bowles, prince charles, prince of wales