Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 3: November 2003-May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, this donkey is the first in the line of succession. :lol: Poor english.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 333
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 331
Last edited by a moderator:
IBL - Hereford, Britain. 7 January 2004. Prince Charles at the Haven Trust. The first public appearance since the Diana letter scandal and the inquiry into the death of Diana was opened.

Attachments

• charles_1.jpg
    charles_1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 303
  • charles_2.jpg
    charles_2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 304
Britain's Prince Charles visits the Hereford Have breast cancer center in Hereford, western England, January 7, 2004. The Prince's former wife, Princess Diana, was front page news again on January 6 as the opening of the British inquest into her death in a 1997 Paris car crash coincided with a British tabloid newspaper naming Charles as the person she suspected of plotting to kill her. REUTERS/POOL/Barry Batchelor

Attachments

• char.jpg
    char.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 270
Charles really looks almost as old as his mother in that photograph..

Originally posted by paulette@Dec 13th, 2003 - 10:44 am
It is nice to know that both the Prince of Wales and Camilla are working hard for the benefit of others ...

I know that those kids prefer the late Princess of Wales, Diana. There was something with Diana that Camilla can never assume. Maybe she can follow up her steps but in a different way because what Diana have done was already printed in the hearts of people globally. She can follow her steps but she can never be the late Princess Diana. She has to be unique in whatever she does. And if Camilla wants their relationship to be fully approved by Britons then it's not an easy step. Extra effort and determination is what she needs accompanied with compassion. :)
Paulette ~ I realize you're trying to believe in the future of "Camilla and Charles" and that you have a tender heart ... so, my heart must be made of stone. I have no compassion for that woman ~ nor will I try to "summon up some". All I remember was a 19 year - old sweet girl who loved her husband very much, at the alter and after, and he took that love for his wife and eventually tossed it aside for a woman, he thinks, understands him like a "mother" does. :angry: Maybe someday I'll find a term other than "compassion" for Camilla ~ but, for right now, I feel she does not deserve "my" compassion at all. Charles and Camilla are living together, out in the open, without the sanctity of marriage ~ and working together, (if one truly believes in this "co-workmanship" in order to derive "positivity" for the public, also without the sanctity of marriage.) :sick: Just call me "old fashioned" but how long is this going to go on. :unsure:

I'm sorry ~ but, I don't buy it. Camilla isn't even in the same league as Diana, I'm afraid :wacko: Camilla's "footprints" are made in "sand" whereas Diana's was made in "granite. However, we all have the right to express our opinions. You expressed yours ~ and, I expressed mine. (Secretly, I try to stay away from the "British Royal Family Subject" that LRT provides, where it concerns "Charles and Camilla", because "that pairing" makes me angry because of the "ultimate harm" it caused for many individuals, including William and Harry. Both Charles and Camilla persued unforgivable paths, both to Camilla's husband and, of course to Diana. (Yes, I have heard Andrew Parker-Bowles had already been unfaithful to Camilla ~ in many ways, including Diana, but do "two wrongs don't make it right". ) :sick:

Originally posted by Binny@Jan 8th, 2004 - 4:11 am
The Prince's former wife, Princess Diana, was front page news again on January 6 as the opening of the British inquest into her death in a 1997 Paris car crash coincided with a British tabloid newspaper naming Charles as the person she suspected of plotting to kill her. REUTERS/POOL/Barry Batchelor
Good !! Good for Diana's memory!! ;) Yes, he's starting to look old ~ The "worry lines" on his face come quite honestly. I never dreamed that the British monarchy, who I used to respect, and the land of some of my ancestors, would be dragged in the mud by the activities and volition of the Prince of Wales.

Elizajane

1.Polfoto 09-01-2004 The Prince of Wales in Sunderland during his visit to the North East, today January 09 2004, on his second round of public appearances within three days. Later Charles was visiting St Oswald's Hospice in the Gosforth area of Newcastle to meet staff and patients.

2.Polfoto 09-01-2004 The Prince of Wales stood with Mick Henry, Leader of Gateshead Council, views the Riverside at Gateshead and Newcastle across the River Tyne with the landmark Tyne Bridge behind him during his visit to the North East, today January 09 2004, on his second round of public appearances within three days. Later Charles was visiting St Oswald's Hospice in the Gosforth area of Newcastle to meet staff and patients.

3.Polfoto 09-01-2004 The Prince of Wales visits the St Oswalds Hospice in Gosforth, Newcastle Friday January 9, 2004, during a visit to the North east.

4.IBL - 9 January 2004 - Prince Charles visiting steam museum at old Ryhope Pumping Station, Sunderland, Britain.

Attachments

• Ch099649_guest.jpg
    Ch099649_guest.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 249
  • bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Ch099654_guest.jpg
    Ch099654_guest.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 328
  • charles.jpg
    charles.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 230
So it's not technically "news" but I thought this was a good opinion piece in the Toronto Star:

He could have cancelled, but the thing with royals is that they don't.

Which meant that on the very day last week that newspaper headlines were shrieking that his former wife believed he plotted to kill her — and Scotland Yard was to investigate that supposition along with umpteen other conspiracy theories — Charles, Prince of Wales, had no option but to carry on with the job.

It was off to rural Hereford and the opening of a breast cancer support centre. More than 100 people turned up to get a good gawp at the man who is starting to resemble a royal version of the biblical Job.

"Keep your chin up, Charles," shouted one well-wisher. "The country is behind you," hollered another. But more than a few stood in censorious silence. As one woman, a self-described "life-long Diana fan," blithely told a reporter, "I came here because I wanted to see what the dirty rat looks like in real life."

As one bizarre scandal follows another, Charles, at 55, must be wondering if things can get any worse?

Well, how deep is the ocean?

Being accused of murder by your ex-wife must surely be the nadir.

Then again, the accusation, in October, that Charles had had a homosexual liaison and/or encounter with his former valet must have looked that way too.

Diana, dead more than six years, had a ghostly hand in that revelation as well, via her Earthly agent and former butler, Paul Burrell.

Back in 1996, the same busy year in which she was divorced and wrote a note — or letter or musing diary entry — saying she feared "my husband is planning `an accident'" to smooth the way to his remarrying, Diana also found time to tape a conversation with a troubled former footman named George Smith.

In it, Smith alleged not only that he had been raped by Charles' valet, but that he had witnessed the two of them in a "compromising position."

It was this tape that police were searching for when they raided Burrell's home back in 2002. They found, not it, but some 300 other items belonging to Diana, including the death note, that the ever-solicitous Burrell had taken for "safekeeping." (Or, for reference when he wrote the inevitable book, which he did last year.)

Nobody knows where the tape has got to. But, no matter, damage was done.

The world's media were given the go-ahead to stop obliquely referring to the valet and "an anonymous senior royal" when Charles' private secretary Sir Michael Peat took it upon himself to name the prince as the royal in question.

Peat did so, he said, only because the allegation was "risible."

As, indeed, it was. But the story gave fuel to those who think Charles' treatment of Diana was so loathsome that it might have included not only a long, adulterous affair with "the rottweiler," Camilla Parker Bowles, but also the occasional fling with male staff.

Last week, predictably, those same true believers were equally open to the fantastical idea that Diana had a premonition of the car crash that would kill her at age 36, and that her husband would be involved in it.

And even if Charles did not assign MI5 or MI6 to rig the car containing her and her iffy boyfriend Dodi Fayed, he still was somehow to blame. He'd been jealous of Diana and unfaithful; she wouldn't have been in Paris with Fayed and his drunk of a chauffeur if he hadn't been.

Those were actual facts, were they not?

No one with faculties even semi-intact, including the frenzied British press, thinks Charles plotted Diana's end so that he could be widower and not a divorced man, thereby getting around the sticky wicket of Church of England royal remarriage rules. Or, more preposterously, because he didn't want her to wed the Muslim Fayed.

But as the Daily Mail ruminated last week: "The danger is that even if most people accept his innocence — which is by no means certain — he will still be identified as someone who, in some unspecific way, contributed to her demise by his boorish behaviour and his long affair with Camilla.

"Could this unhappy, unpopular man ever be king?"

That sort of talk hasn't been heard since the hysterical aftermath of Diana's death in 1997. Charles was widely castigated as the villain of the soured marital fairy tale, though the ice-cold Windsors were included en masse in the fault-finding: They had all been bloody to her but he, in particular, and he didn't deserve to inherit the throne.

In the years since, the prince has worked steadily to recover his reputation as a decent man who wants only to do the right thing, by his lights.

And once the British press finally turned the page, it aided in his redemption.

Though Diana's more effusive parenting style always grabbed the spotlight, it became clear in time that Charles is also a good and sensitive parent. He is obviously adored by his sons, and the papers finally started to say so.

When the effervescent younger son, Harry, started skittering off the rails, drinking to excess and experimenting with soft drugs, Charles zapped him into a treatment centre for a day to see what could happen at the end of that particular path.

The press approved.

It also liked the way that Charles didn't present Camilla as a fait accompli in his public life. The pair, on-and-off lovers for three decades now, wisely took a softly-softly approach.

Only in the past year, did Camilla begin to accompany Charles on occasional royal engagements, staying in the background, but "with" him nonetheless, receiving a bouquet from the designated child in the crowd.

She was there beside him this fall at the Braemar Highland Games, a generally rain-soaked, annual event that Diana took elaborate pains to avoid.

After the Queen Mother died in 2002, they moved together into her former home, Clarence House, just down from Buckingham Palace. Nobody picketed. No "life-long Diana fans" were heard booing at the gates.

By last year, the majority of Britons may still have balked at the notion of Queen Camilla, but few objected to the prince marrying her. And, by all accounts, Camilla doesn't even want to be Queen and would settle for being a morganatic wife, with a title of some sort, but not, thanks awfully, the consort's crown.

Whether that chimed with Charles' views is unknown. And, with the latest calamity to swat him on the head, it may remain so.

"It is very clear he is suffering a great deal," Harold Brooks-Baker, director of publisher Burke's Peerage, said last week. "He can't get on with his personal life. He could hardly announce tomorrow that he will marry Camilla, and everyone accepted that it would be announced this winter."

That's highly unlikely now. With the inquest into Diana's death adjourned for at least a year to give police time to examine the conspiracy theories, her own included, it's unlikely to happen for a very long time. If ever.

It has been reported that Charles will have to meet at some stage this year with Sir John Stevens, the London Police Commissioner who will head the investigation.

The heir to the throne being questioned on possible involvement in the murder of his wife?

Yes, things could get worse.

It's a very deep ocean"

Charles has aged tremendously he looks like a 70 year old.

All 3 of the the Queen's sons seemed to have had a 'rapid' aging in the last few years.
There are pictures where I find it hard to recognize them.

07/16/2002. Prince Charles during a day in Northamptonshire visits the National trusts Lyveden new bield.

Attachments

• EN.jpg
    EN.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 299
06/17/2002. The Garter Ceremony at Windsor castle for the Queen's Jubilee.

Attachments

• 747480_11.jpg
    747480_11.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 235
The Prince of Wales plants a apple tree at South Airmyn Grange farm on January 22, 2004 at Goole in East Yorkshire. A red carpet was laid in the orchard so the Prince, could walk from the house where he had been meeting Young Farmers to plant the tree. The Prince is on a two-day tour of East Yorkshire And Northern Lincolnshire.

Attachments

• 2891637.jpg
    2891637.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 263
The carpet was laid in the orchard so the Prince, could walk from the house where he had been meeting Young Farmers to plant the tree.

YORKSHIRE FARMER GIVES CHARLES RED CARPET TREATMENT

A keen fan of both gardening and agriculture, Prince Charles is not afraid of walking through a muddy field. The future king must have been a little surprised, therefore, when he was met with a red carpet during his visit to a farm in East Yorkshire on Thursday.

His host, 27-year-old Peter Chantry, had been a little concerned about the mucky conditions, so he found some old stair carpeting and laid it across his orchard in preparation for the visit. It wouldn't compare to those to be found at Clarence House, but Charles wasn't about to snub the gesture, and he gamely ventured out into the rain and planted a tree in Mr Chantry's orchard.

"When I woke up this morning and saw it was raining, I thought about Prince Charles and all the other people coming to the farm," revealed Peter. "It was getting quite muddy and it was all we could find. I was most concerned that the Prince should not get his feet wet when he walked out there."

The Prince of Wales made the visit in his capacity as President of the National Federation of Young Farmers' Clubs.

Attachments

• charles_dop1a.jpg
    charles_dop1a.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 244
The Prince of Wales during his visit to Coldwater Seafood UK in Grimsby, Friday January 23, 2004, where he is to discuss the environmental, social and economic consequences of overfishing. After seeing the fish factory, his final visit of the two-day tour will be to Lincolnshire Organics at Holme, near Scunthorpe.

ch102127_guest.jpg

I heard just yesterday that the investigators are thinking of having him testify so the idea is in the air.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 4:48 pm
I heard just yesterday that the investigators are thinking of having him testify so the idea is in the air.
Ok the question is now is he him or is it the MI5 or Prince Phillip or the queen herself ??
My bet is Prince Charles so he wear abel to marry the rotweiler called Camilla
:angry: :angry: :angry: she can´t be the next queen of GB if she are going to be the next queen then GB don´t haf a royal family :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe+Jan 23rd, 2004 - 6:58 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (H.M. Margrethe @ Jan 23rd, 2004 - 6:58 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 4:48 pm
Ok the question is now is he him or is it the MI5 or Prince Phillip or the queen herself ??
My bet is Prince Charles so he wear abel to marry the rotweiler called Camilla
:angry: :angry: :angry: she can´t be the next queen of GB if she are going to be the next queen then GB don´t haf a royal family :cry: :cry: [/b][/quote]
i don't thing that he will have to kill her to marry anyone because they were alredy divors and the only thing that they had in comun was the boys so i still think that it was and accident but only god and hrh him self know..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

watch the name calling folks. It's entirely possible to express dislike without namecalling and rudeness.

Why would Prince Charles kill Princess Diana a year after the divorce was final, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Charles and Camilla have had a long standing relationship, and they were by no means in the right to commit adultery, however, I don't see how they could possibly even think of murder. For starters Charles loves his two boys, no one can deny that, why kill their mother (wouldn't that just cause them more heartache?). Second the Camilla back lash had alreadt begun when he admitted to adultery, Charles is a smart man, there is no way he would have thought people would just get over the death of the Princess and allow him to marry. And finally, (and this is just my opinion), and some point and time Charles loved Diana, and I do believe he still had some sort of feeling for her when she died, while they had their moments of complete insanity, I do believe that Charles would not have asked Diana to marry him had he not loved her in some way. They grew apart. Diana was still really young when they married. I'm almost 21 and there is no way I could imagine getting married any time soon, I still have to much to learn about myself, let alone trying to learn about someone else, as well as protocol and rules!!!

Diana was a wonderful, wonderful human being, and people should remember her as such. But we don't need to discredit Charles of all the good he's done because of a rumor...it was a car accident. A tragic, tragic car accident.

The stories and theories about Diana , Charles , and Camilla , will go on forever and ever.. Books , conspiracy talk , and affairs will continue to abound because it SELLS.........

The only SURE and REAL thing here is that Diana is NO longer with us. She died in 1997 .. That is a fact, however sad but true.

Just for the record , I have NO time at all for Charles and Camilla, never liked them and never will..

Sadly, Diana never got the chance to experience total happiness , I feel she was just beginning to find her place in life when she died tragically...

We will never know the Truth anyway.....

I hope that Charles and Camilla get married one day, it would be great to see them happy and together finally... the boys obviously like her and so does his family, and her children are friends with his, it would be an allround perfect situation, sort of silly that they didn't get married in the first place, then we wouldn't have to listen to all this drivel about diana, who was the undoing and downfall of the british royal family... she was publicity mad and rather silly, I believe that she knew exactly what she was doing when she agreed to give that tv interview, and that was ruining the people's respect for the royal family, I would have expected more from someone of such breeding...

Originally posted by alia_musallam@Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:22 pm
I hope that Charles and Camilla get married one day, it would be great to see them happy and together finally... the boys obviously like her and so does his family, and her children are friends with his, it would be an allround perfect situation, sort of silly that they didn't get married in the first place, then we wouldn't have to listen to all this drivel about diana, who was the undoing and downfall of the british royal family... she was publicity mad and rather silly, I believe that she knew exactly what she was doing when she agreed to give that tv interview, and that was ruining the people's respect for the royal family, I would have expected more from someone of such breeding...
In a lot of respects I have to agree with you. As I have said befor Diana was a beautiful women who did much good for the poor and ailing, but she wasn't the saint everyone makes her out to be, and she wasn't completely the victim. She cheated on Charles as well. She began the publicity battle by giving the interview. I have the utmost respect for Diana in what she did for all those in need, but when it comes to the way she handled her home situation, I have to stop and wonder what was going on in that head of hers. Princess Diana was popular with the people because of the things she did for the poor, and because she was "seen" more. Charles and the British Royal family do fabulous things for the less priviledged, but no one gives them enough credit.

It's time to let Diana rest in peace, remember her for the fun loving, generous spirit she was, and allow her family to move on in ways they see fit. If that means Charles and Camilla marrying, then so be it...although I don't see that happening, they seem perfectly content with their present situation.

Originally posted by Britters+Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:37 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Britters @ Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:37 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-alia_musallam@Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:22 pm
In a lot of respects I have to agree with you. As I have said befor Diana was a beautiful women who did much good for the poor and ailing, but she wasn't the saint everyone makes her out to be, and she wasn't completely the victim. She cheated on Charles as well. She began the publicity battle by giving the interview. I have the utmost respect for Diana in what she did for all those in need, but when it comes to the way she handled her home situation, I have to stop and wonder what was going on in that head of hers. Princess Diana was popular with the people because of the things she did for the poor, and because she was "seen" more. Charles and the British Royal family do fabulous things for the less priviledged, but no one gives them enough credit.

It's time to let Diana rest in peace, remember her for the fun loving, generous spirit she was, and allow her family to move on in ways they see fit. If that means Charles and Camilla marrying, then so be it...although I don't see that happening, they seem perfectly content with their present situation. [/b][/quote]
i totally agree with you!

Princess Diana really beautiful woman and she caring woman with sick people and sick children, but i never knew that Diana was called to Camilla as rotweiller like as cat and mouse because Diana wanted marriage peace than Camilla you know that because Diana was so popular Princess in Britain because Camilla have no history of dress into Royal because Diana have more powerful clothes than Camilla you would never knew it.

Diana was Queen of Styles because she was famous clothes the people magazine editors chose that Princess Diana for famous clothes i dont think so Camilla was Queen of Styles no way!

Sara Boyce

Hmmm...I haven't been following the inquest at all. But could somebody summarize what has happened as of now?

How will this affect Charles' reputation? Will this affect Charles' ability to marry Camilla in the future?

I think that Charles will gain a lot of sympathy from the press and people from Britain and all around the world. He isn't a bad man. Why would he have killed Diana anyways? She was the mother of his sons, they seemed amiable after the divorce...I mean why AFTER their divorce was finalized? Geez- Paul Burrell is meddling in other people's business again.

I absolutly cannot stand Paul Burrell! In my opinion, staff should not talk publicly about their employers. He is a golddigger publicity whore. Diana was unstable at the best of times. Charles in no way had a hand in her death. They were closer after their divorce than they were at any time during their marriage. Her death was a tragic accident. Nothing more. I think people want her death to be more than it was, because for someone so mythical in the publics eyes, should not die in such an ordinary way like the rest of us could.

Charles should be able to marry Camilla in a civil ceremony. If there was a plot to kill Diana to pave the way for his marriage to her, than Andrew Parker Bowles would have to die as well. As far as I know, he is still with us. They technically cannot marry in the church until they are both widowed. Yes the public would be outraged, but they will get over it. Diana was hardly the Downy innocent the world thought she was. She committed adultury as well, and with more partners than her husband did. She did not even try to be discreet about it.

I wish HRH the Prince of Wales and Mrs. Parker Bowles a happy future.

Eva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom