The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Andrew notes many possible UK-RP partnerships

PRINCE Andrew, the second son and third child of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh, told Philippine government officials that the two countries may partner on projects involving development, clean fuels and energy, as well as exchange in information, expertise, and best practices, the Department of Foreign Affairs said.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...ticle_id=34740

Duke of York says RP needs 'infrastructure success'

The Duke of York urged the Philippine government to focus on infrastructure projects to entice more foreign businessmen to invest in the country during his one-on-one meeting with President Arroyo Friday night in Makati City,
Malacañan said Saturday.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=57388

Old 11-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Nobility

Nice to have him back..I think this is the third time Prince Andrew visited the Philippines.Three of QEII's children had visited the Philippines except for Prince Edward.I haven't heard that he came to Manila.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Courtier

http://www.glamour.com/news/feature/...teprinceandrew

"Over lunch, Prince Andrew chats with Carole Radziwill about princely behavior and his day job"
Old 12-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

The not so charming Prince...

Contempt. Pity. Astonishment. It's hard to know which reaction is more appropriate in response to revelations that the Duke of York's nocturnal pursuit of young women has taken him to the door of the rock singer Courtney Love.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1766&ito=1490
Old 12-07-2006, 09:40 PM

I'm not sure I'd believe Courtney Love. She seems to just be looking to sell more books.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Royal Highness

I didn't notice any date given for that drop in. The strange thing would be Miss Love answering her front door. I thought these Hollywood divas live behind gated estates. It's not like anyone, including a prince, can just drop in.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Andrew: The playboy prince

Rock widow Courtney Love's claim that a randy Duke of York arrived at her Hollywood home in the early hours looking to party is not as far-fetched as it sounds

http://news.independent.co.uk/people...cle2060042.ece
Old 12-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

And so many people say that Wales family is the most dysfunctional. I hope harry dosen't turn out to be like Andrew.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Not to say that Courtney Love is lying. And it could be possible but here's the thing. Hasn't Courtney Love been proven to be somewhat dishonest (i.e. didn't she claim at one time that someone famous was her father and then back down with her claim when asked for proof). AND if Andrew is going to stop by someone's house late at night looking for some fun....why would he pick her? She wouldn't know discretion if it walked up to her and said HI!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Courtier

Courtney is basically saying that, out of the blue, Andrew just showed up at her house unannounced. That seems odd. In any case he apparently made it over to Angie Everhart's house.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke of York to visit New Zealand
Prince Andrew to visit NZ

Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, will visit New Zealand for about a week in March, Prime Minister Helen Clark announced yesterday.

She said he would take part in a special ceremony to recognise the gallantry of Lance Sergeant Haane Manahi in Rotorua on March 17.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
http://www.glamour.com/news/feature/...teprinceandrew

"Over lunch, Prince Andrew chats with Carole Radziwill about princely behavior and his day job"
Thank you for this link, Selrahc4. It was very interesting. Prince Andrew comes across as very down-to-earth and "ordinary". When can I get a date with him?
Old 12-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Serene Highness

I really don't believe that story about Courtney Love and I think Prince Andrew's "indiscretions" have been exaggerated. Maybe I'm niave but the only photos/news I've heard about Prince Andrew relate to his representing his country overseas. Even when he was here in The States all I heard about was his visiting certain companies and industrial plants. There was never a mention about him dancing half dressed on bar tables or chasing after actresses. As for Courtney Love, look at the source. And I also find it very unusual that he'd pop over to her house unannounced (aren't every move of a visiting royal planned down to the last pit stop?). Even if he was looking for some "action", I think he could do much better than a dried up nasty old booze (and drug) hound.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

I know Courtney Love has had a wild past but that dosn't mean that everything she says is a lie. According to the previous article even the Palace has reluctantly conceded that the story is true but that he wasn't looking for women (but then they would say that wouldn't they).
Old 12-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

andrew's christmas card for this year

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006580808,00.html
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-21-2006, 03:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Prince Andrew: The playboy prince

Rock widow Courtney Love's claim that a randy Duke of York arrived at her Hollywood home in the early hours looking to party is not as far-fetched as it sounds

http://news.independent.co.uk/people...cle2060042.ece
If (and big "if") this incident really did happen 6 years ago then why are they writing a whole article now on something that "supposedly" happened 6 yrs ago? And why would he fly all the way to Hollyweird just to get layed? What, are there no women in London or all of England? It sounds like just an opportunity to take a jab at Andrew. Sometimes i wonder who's really behind these press snippets. Interesting this comes out not long after it's revealed he's dating Angie Everhart.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta
If (and big "if") this incident really did happen 6 years ago then why are they writing a whole article now on something that "supposedly" happened 6 yrs ago?
Probably to draw the attention away from his christmas card!
Old 12-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
andrew's christmas card for this year

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006580808,00.html
I am laughing so hard I can barely type. What was he thinking? It is funny, though, if that was the intention. Though Pss Beatrice & Eugenie don't look too amused.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Aristocracy

I am not sure if it shows an enourmous amount of personal humility or a complete and utter lack of judgement when it comes to creating a memorable Christmas card but you have to admire a chap who can honestly look at that picture and say "What a great way to say Happy Christmas!"
Old 12-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
I am laughing so hard I can barely type. What was he thinking? It is funny, though, if that was the intention. Though Pss Beatrice & Eugenie don't look too amused.
Those poor girls, first their mother and now their father, they probably feel like running away to the circus, ohh, thats right they don't need to, they have their parents for that!

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew