The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

i think Andrew's reaction was terrible. with the way the world is today, he should be setting an example. how long does it take to go through a security check, and the officials would probably have gone about it very quickly if he'd just co operated. shame on him!

Old 10-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

There was also an airplane searching incident with the Prince of Asturias and Letizia before their wedding. They didn't want to be searched either.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATS
My question is would they try that with the american president? I think it goes too far for the airport staff to call him pompus and arrogant, as it not something he is use to doing. I mean they have to think of his secerity, so they can't have just anyone running a scanner over him. Besides they also said he needed to be an example to other people I highly doubt there was any one else there but his entourage. Also I remember one time Prince Andrew forgot his passport at home when he went to the US(they had sent over later) and they trusted him. So I think if the US can trust him, then Australia (a member of the British Commenwealth) should too.
I'm pretty sure that if it is the law, Bush or any other American President, would not refuse to do it. If it has to be done, then EVERYONE should do it.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
There was also an airplane searching incident with the Prince of Asturias and Letizia before their wedding. They didn't want to be searched either.
And I would understand them too. I always thought that stricter airport security measures were to prevent terrorism not to make example that we are all equal in this world and everybody has to go through it. Here we say «le boss des bécosses» or «the boss of the backhouse» (referring when houses had not indoor bathroom) to describe someone very full of himself and of his useless little power. In my book the airport agents were just little bosses of the backhouses!

I fail to see how seeing Andrew being searched could be an example: well bravo he does NOT have any object that he could use to jeopardize the life of his fellow travellers or the staff. I would not expect less from a royal prince.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:31 AM
Administrator

Just to clarify exactly what the "security inspection" of the Duke of York at Melbourne airport involved: it was a seven to ten second body scan done with a hand-held metal detector.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Nobility

The man's an arrogant buffoon. Always has been, always will be.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Just to clarify exactly what the "security inspection" of the Duke of York at Melbourne airport involved: it was a seven to ten second body scan done with a hand-held metal detector.
No problem. I guess those who can't appreciate Andrew will always be disappointed by his initial refusal and those who love him will disapproved of the authorities insisting for the procedure. Personnally, I do not appreciate at all when my Andrew is called pompous or arrogant.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Courtier

The only personage who shall never be searched or questioned (diplomatic immunity I suppose one could say) on entry to Australia is her Queen, and that is the way it should & shall stay! I totally agree wth you Warren.

"MII"

Now back on track...
Old 10-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Nobility

andrew on tv

Prince Andrew was on gma this morning this morning. He spoke about growing up in buckingham palce how they played ball and were rough and tumble but he didn't think they ever broke anything. He also said how proud they were of their two daughters. He also said they were proud of Beatrice for coming out and talking about dyslexia he said she wanted to do this.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ Link to GMA appearance here.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

I think he did a great job in the interview...very polished and articulate.

I taped the whole two hours this morning so I cannot wait to see it tonight.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Courtier

if there are any videos can sum1 plz post it cos we dont get ABC here in the netherlands
Old 10-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Nobility

Question andrew press interest

Does anyone think that if andrew had a wife the press would be interested in him.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure if he had a 19-year-old girlfriend, the press would be fascinated.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Nobility

nineteen year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I'm sure if he had a 19-year-old girlfriend, the press would be fascinated.

I'm sure they would indeed.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Nobility

remarriage

I think he will remarry but when who knows. I don't think sarah would remarry him. She has her freedom and her own life now.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Royal Highness

It's possible that marriage is not his cup of tea. It wasn't easy for either Charles or Anne to get to their second marriage, perhaps easier for Anne than Charles. When Edward go married, there were more stories about his siblings' divorce rates than how happy he and Sophie were. It will only be his personal decision for Andrew to go down the aisle again, certainly not necessary to secure line of succession or make any dynastic alliances.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Administrator

In regards to remarriage...I was thinking strictly of companionship not to secure the line of succession or dynastic alliances.

I think one would agree that no matter how you feel about Charles and Camilla, they both appear happier now thatthey are married, and I was just curious if Andrew feels the same way (the lack of companionship that one shares with a spouse). You can see it with Anne and Tim and Sophie and Edward. Acknowledging of course, that we would never know how he truly felt!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
In regards to remarriage...I was thinking strictly of companionship not to secure the line of succession or dynastic alliances.

I think one would agree that no matter how you feel about Charles and Camilla, they both appear happier now thatthey are married, and I was just curious if Andrew feels the same way (the lack of companionship that one shares with a spouse). You can see it with Anne and Tim and Sophie and Edward. Acknowledging of course, that we would never know how he truly felt!
You make a good point Zonk. I'd like to see Andrew remarry but unfortunately I don't think he will. Of all the Windsor children, I think he was scarred the most by his marriage breakdown. He really loved her and he got burned and humiliated rather badly. I think he's too gun-shy now. I think there is a lot more to him than you see on the surface which is why he is one of my favorite royals.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Courtier

Im sure he'll remary...hes a really good guy and i hope he lives a happy life

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew