Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 6: July 2011-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for comparison's sake, here's Prince Andrew with a beard in the early 80s.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I think that Prince Michael looks more like George V and the late Tsar, but that's just my opinion. I saw a picture of Andrew once where he looked just like the Hanovers. When his eyes are wide open, the resemblance there is remarkable, especially since he's got heavier.

I like his beard. I've always thought that Andrew looks a lot like the last Tsar of Russia and also George V. It really shows when he grows a beard.

Andrew has - over many years - become used to being wined, dined, and otherwise entertained.
The loss of his "job" must have been a blow, and so he will try to continue in the same vein as before.....

It's the three protection officers they aren't happy about. I think three is a little overboard with so much other protection given. The girl sounds very young. Sarah admitted that she and Andrew have separete lives and see other people. Andrew is doing just that! It isn't great timing once again.

..... and perhaps yet another error of judgement - or two ?

Would you say Andrew is turning into a "loose cannon" ?

..... and perhaps yet another error of judgement - or two ?

Would you say Andrew is turning into a "loose cannon" ?
If he does I would imagine that Prince Philip would set him straight favorite son or no. However, that is conjecture.

If he does I would imagine that Prince Philip would set him straight favorite son or no. However, that is conjecture.

There is no doubt in my mind that Andrew's parents would set him straight should he be doing something too far out of line. One thing positive about the publicity that this vacation Andrew is taking shows is that he is living his own separate life amid all the publicity his ex wife has been receiving lately. :D

There is no doubt in my mind that Andrew's parents would set him straight should he be doing something too far out of line. One thing positive about the publicity that this vacation Andrew is taking shows is that he is living his own separate life amid all the publicity his ex wife has been receiving lately. :D
That might exactly be the message the Prince is trying to convey O. Good observation!

Prince Andrew frolicks on yacht with mystery woman as Britain is gripped with economic misery and riots - mirror.co.uk

............ I really thought he was still "together" with Sarah. I don't follow his personal life but I'm surprised at this...proof. Maybe I'm just naive though.

I think that the main reason that people think that Andrew is 'still with Sarah' is because Sarah for the past umpteen years has hinted and sometimes strongly hinted that they are a couple...........in my very humble opinion, a large amount of Sarah's 'earning capacity' is entirely based on people being given the impression that Sarah is 'still royalty'.. Thus, Sarah always milks it to the max that she lives in Royal Lodge and 'is with Andrew'. Add that to the pictures of the York family [i.e. Andrew too] on some holidays and Sarah's sugar-sweet descriptions of Andrew as her 'bestest friend' [ouch, what grammar] and the pictures of Sarah holding the hands of her [unfortunate] daughters and her success in roping them into her appearances in 'Finding Sarah' and add that to Sarah's repeated assertions as to how much she just loves and respects that 'great lady the queen' and to the uninformed observer, you would think that we are dealing with a united family.

It is my understanding that Royal Lodge has around 35 bedrooms and that Sarah is in a guest room. I have always doubted whether she and Andrew have as much contact together as Sarah would like us to believe. Bearing in mind the size of Royal Lodge and the fact that Andrew is attended upon by staff etc, I am sure that his contact with Sarah is minimal - I do not think that they are forever having happy meals a deux together! Giving the appearance to others though that this is the position is, I am sure, all part of Sarah milking her royal connections.

Just my thoughs

Alex

Last edited:
I think that the main reason that people think that Andrew is 'still with Sarah' is because Sarah for the past umpteen years has hinted and sometimes strongly hinted that they are a couple...........in my very humble opinion, a large amount of Sarah's 'earning capacity' is entirely based on people being given the impression that Sarah is 'still royalty'.. Thus, Sarah always milks it to the max that she lives in Royal Lodge and 'is with Andrew'. Add that to the pictures of the York family [i.e. Andrew too] on some holidays and Sarah's sugar-sweet descriptions of Andrew as her 'bestest friend' [ouch, what grammar] and the pictures of Sarah holding the hands of her [unfortunate daughters] and her success in roping them into her appearances in 'Finding Sarah' and add that to Sarahs' repeated assertions as to how much she just loves and respects that 'great lady the queen' and to the uninformed observer, you would think that we are dealing with a united family.
The reasons mentioned are definitely what led me to believe that Andrew and Sarah were still a couple. Especially since she has been interviewed a lot over the past year and says the same things every time. This summer I read "My Story" again and still felt the details in the book surrounding her and Andrew's relationship and divorce do not make a lot of sense. I think in another thread you suggested making a new thread for the Yorks' relationship...I would be personally interested in hearing what people think because I have a few questions myself about the topic. (Which do not belong in Andrew or Sarah's current events threads!)

I couldn't find the pictures, the mirror is not showing any. And I don't get what Andrews personal life has to do with economic misery and riots, so he frolics around with a 30 year old woman - what is the problem?

I couldn't find the pictures, the mirror is not showing any. And I don't get what Andrews personal life has to do with economic misery and riots, so he frolics around with a 30 year old woman - what is the problem?
He is representing the BRF and needs to act appropriately.

Please note that this was posted in a couple of the Sarah threads, so this is just for future reference:

----------------------------------------

Please note that there are several Sarah specific threads where members can discuss Sarah and her "issues"

Sarah, Duchess of York current events 16 - 1 June 2011-
Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal
Sarah, Duchess of York: "Cash for Access", May 2010
Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances
Sarah Duchess of York Charities and Patronages
Sarah staying at Prince Andrew's home, Royal Lodge, Windsor
Andrew & Sarah: Marriage, Divorce and Divorce Settlement

The purpose of the York Family thread is post and discuss general information when more than 2 Yorks travel together. Instead of discussing it in each of the respective (Andrew, Sarah, Beatrice and/or Eugenie) current events threads.

I've requested that we stay on topic MANY TIMES, closed threads for massive clean ups, moved, edited and copied posts to the correct threads that deal with the specific topic BUT NOT ANYMORE. Going forward, if its off topic, it will be deleted.

If there are any questions, please contact any of the British moderators via Private Message.

Zonk

Three protection workers each working an eight-hour shift adds up to a 24-hour day. He probably has to have one protection officer with him at all times.

It's the three protection officers they aren't happy about. I think three is a little overboard with so much other protection given.

There is no doubt in my mind that Andrew's parents would set him straight should he be doing something too far out of line.

I don't know, Osipi.
Can his parents really set straight a man in his fifties?

It's a bit late for that, imo. :ermm:

If it was necessary, I think that his parents can set him straight, regardless of his age...HM controls the chequebook!

But his last two holidays, the one on the yacht and this latest one in France are making a very obvious statement that Sarah and himself are NOT a couple. Without ever opening his mouth, he has very publically disputed what Sarah has been saying about their relationship and I think that HM and the DoE are very pleased about that.

If it was necessary, I think that his parents can set him straight, regardless of his age...HM controls the chequebook!

But his last two holidays, the one on the yacht and this latest one in France are making a very obvious statement that Sarah and himself are NOT a couple. Without ever opening his mouth, he has very publically disputed what Sarah has been saying about their relationship and I think that HM and the DoE are very pleased about that.

Whatever the purposes of these vacations are or aren't, one thing has struck me with the recent photos from the south of France. Andrew is not aging very well and could certainly pay more attention to his weight. I always thought that he was a good looking man but he is starting to look much older than what he really is.

Let's not speculate on Andrew's motives regarding his actions on vacation or what the Royal Family thinks about it.

OOOOH! PA's looking SHARP! <insert thumbs up here> Think he's reinventing himself??

He does look very good ... nice suit and I'm thinking he may have lost a bit of weight as well.

I've always thought Prince Andrew was the best dressed member of the RF. A lot more current than his more 'old school' brother, Prince Charles. He does look like he's dropped a few pounds. Nice suit.

Andrew is looking better then he has in awhile. Guess he really needed those holidays and a new job could off helped things. I think he has always dressed better then Charles!

Prince Andrew'wastes £150,000 flying to Saudi': Taxpayers fund private jet for three-day trade mission | Mail Online

I thought he wasn't 'trade ambassador' any more, I'm confused. I assumed the role/title went away because of this type of excess. I guess the RF must be ok w/ this. Has he done anything work wise in his life to make him an asset in matters of trade? I thought he had served in the military for a number of years but not any other occupation (except the trade thing he just stopped.) What did he get his university degree in?

Prince Andrew'wastes £150,000 flying to Saudi': Taxpayers fund private jet for three-day trade mission | Mail Online

I thought he wasn't 'trade ambassador' any more, I'm confused. I assumed the role/title went away because of this type of excess. I guess the RF must be ok w/ this. Has he done anything work wise in his life to make him an asset in matters of trade? I thought he had served in the military for a number of years but not any other occupation (except the trade thing he just stopped.) What did he get his university degree in?

He isn't trade ambassador any more but his role is now to promote British industry and interests abroad - in other words his role hasn't really changed that much, just the title. He is supposed to be doing more at home though.

He served in the military for 20 or so years.

He never went to university - he went from school straight to Dartmouth (the naval officer training facility - like Sandhurst is the army training facility) In those days they didn't take 'gap' years either so straight after the summer holidays after he finished school he went into the navy.

When he left the navy he replaced the Duke of Kent as Trade Ambassador and made the role a much higher profile role than it had been. What he has achieved in that role is very hard to quantify as you would have to look at the contracts etc that Britain has gained since he took on that role and find out to what extent his participation actually played a part in getting the contract/contact etc for Britain over another country.

I have to say it but if any of the allegations in this article are even remotely true, nix the Airmiles Andy and replace it with Airhead Andy. One would think that after all the controversy surrounding his tenure as a British Trade Ambassador and then stepping down, the sanest thing to do would be to tone it down just a wee bit.

From the article:

When he stepped down as global trade ambassador in July, he created a new role for himself – as a ‘senior working royal’ with a particular interest in British business. Critics claimed at the time that it was a ploy designed to enable him to continue clocking up miles travelling abroad at taxpayers’ expense.

Perhaps Mummy should put Andy on an allowance?

This whole thing disturbs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom