Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 6: July 2011-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke's specialities within the UK seem to be encouraging technology and empowering young people in pursuit of high-tech careers.

The Duke's specialities within the UK seem to be encouraging technology and empowering young people in pursuit of high-tech careers.

When he stepped down from his role as trade ambassador it was announced that he would be working with helping young people in pursuit of jobs/careers etc.

The Code Club, a network of volunteer-led after school coding clubs for children aged 9 to 11 in the UK, has announced yesterday that the Duke of York is now the patron of the network and will play an important role in raising awareness of the need to educate children in programming.

The Duke of York addressed teachers and pupils at Soho Parish School, London, to announce his patronage:

** Pic **

Mail Online mea culpa. Sort of.

The Mail Online backs down...
It wasn't an error, negligence, or a hatchet job by the journalist, just a "misunderstanding". Twice.

Clarifications and corrections | Mail Online

11 February 2013

Clarifications and corrections:
The Duke of York

Articles of 7 and 14 May 2012 said that the Duke of York had demanded a private plane, travelled in a chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royce and snubbed free accommodation for his official Diamond Jubilee visit to India.

We now accept that the Duke had no personal involvement in the decision to charter the plane, did not travel in a Rolls, and that the British High Commissioner’s residence was deemed too small for his party on this occasion.

We apologise to the Duke of York for the misunderstanding.

Attachments

• Apology.jpg
    Apology.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 244
The comment section is disabled "for legal reasons". I wonder whether that could possibly mean Prince Andrew threatened to sue the paper?
In any case, this is hardly going to undo the damage done because how many are going to read the correction? Fewer than the original article, that's for sure.

He doesn't look so good. I think it's his hair and he seems really pale or is it just the lighting. Must of been a formal do he is wearing a tux.

On March 20 the Duke of York received the President of the Republic of Malawi Joyce Banda at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic **

Fergie and Andrew went out for dinner (again). They went together in the car. Then, they walked 20 feet apart into the restaurant.
I have said elsewhere that the whole "entering the restaurant do we hold hands or not" thing always looks awkward no matter their choice.
This, however looks even sillier. :bang:
See all photos to get the idea of the whole thing. Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson Get Dinner Together - Pictures - Zimbio

If they want to eat (or anything else) together, good for them. But it like looking at a child who has chocolate smeared all over their face and is saying "No I did not eat any chocolate" when they do this kind of thing. :lol:

My theory is that they're not trying to hide anything, they're just trying to give the press plenty of time to take individual photographs of them.

Andrew reminds me of his maternal great grandmother.

I wish they'd just leave them alone...if they want to have dinner (or anything else) so what.

LaRae

Yep - I just saw it today. Sorry if the timing bugs anyone. But my issue with the walk from the car stands. ;)

I've noticed that Andrew and Sarah do this too, and it seems obvious to me that they just don't want the paparazzi to get a shot of them in the same frame - because then it will be all over the Daily Mail and other tabloids with headlines about remarriage. They have a strategy of walking just far enough apart that they are always in separate photos (except when they drive away in the same car, of course) ;)

Actually, I was also thinking about the bodyguard when I was looking at these photos. It only just now occurred to me how boring it must be for a guard when his charges go into a restaurant. What does he do? He has to just wait around aimlessly for two hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom