Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 5: November 2009-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Russo is thrilled to pieces that her letter to HRH was answered and yes, indeedy! The Duke has a plan in place to help the troops.

Princesses plot Prince Andrew's 50th party | Mail Online

His last significant milestone - his 40th birthday - was arranged by his ex-wife, who with typical flamboyance invited three of his ex-girlfriends to join the celebrations.

But next month, Prince Andrew's 50th birthday is expected to be a more muted affair, as it is his daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie who are arranging it and not their mother, the Duchess of York.

I do hope that the Prince has a great 50th and that his sister also has a wonderful 60th this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Richard Kay write that article? You'd think he'd know that Sarah is not "the Duchess of York" any longer ....... unless, of course, he knows something we don't! :lol:

Yes he did, but she's still Sarah, Duchess of York.

Did Richard Kay write that article? You'd think he'd know that Sarah is not "the Duchess of York" any longer ....... unless, of course, he knows something we don't! :lol:
Maybe this is the start of HRH distancing himself from his ex. . . :ermm:

I was implying, but not very skilfully, they might have secretly remarried, for that is what would it would take for her to be "the" Duchess of York, as opposed to Sarah, Duchess of York. Not that I am suggesting they really have, just trying to be witty, and failing miserably.:flowers:

Oh! So that was what you were about! :D
Went straight over Russo's head. No worries! :flowers:

Not sure if he would do that, though.

I was implying, but not very skilfully, they might have secretly remarried, for that is what would it would take for her to be "the" Duchess of York, as opposed to Sarah, Duchess of York. Not that I am suggesting they really have, just trying to be witty, and failing miserably.:flowers:

I understood what you meant the first time round. :flowers:

I wonder if Andrew will give an interview for his 50th birthday? I haven`t heard anything about one, but I think it would be interesting to see him do an interview about the last few years in his job. It might be a way for him to counter his detractors.

No remarriage would be legal without either the Queen's consent or Parliament's and that has to be recorded so that possibility doesn't fly.

As for the title issue - if he had used 'The' he would have been incorrect as then she would be the wife of The Duke of York but using the 'the' doesn't say that at all but rather the opposite - it points to the use of the term in a generic sense, which is perfectly correct. She uses the imformal 'the' Duchess of York to describe herself rather than the more formal 'Sarah, Duchess of York'.

The use of the capital 'T' is important.

Attn:User Id Roslyn,

The Duke of York is re marrying a member of the Tongan Royal Family who is mixed Tongan, French & British as of last April, 2009. Only Malo e lelei and Welcome to the Official Web Site of The Tongan Monarchy & Duke of York have discussed this.

An enagement party is pending which will make it known to the media later this year and tie the knot usually one year after the engagement party.

Congrats to them & now You have the truth.

No remarriage would be legal without either the Queen's consent or Parliament's and that has to be recorded so that possibility doesn't fly.

I wasn't seriously suggesting it was a possibility, merely that Richard Kay had made a mistake, but maybe he is more clever than I gave him credit for.

She uses the imformal 'the' Duchess of York to describe herself rather than the more formal 'Sarah, Duchess of York'.

The use of the capital 'T' is important.
Does Sarah describe herself that way? I wasn't aware she did. Interesting.

However this all pales into insignificant in light of the news from Tonga.

She officially uses, Sarah Duchess of York and always corrects people who try to use the HRH but she doesn't correct them when they just refer to her as the Duchess of York, unless it is clear that they think that she still is The Duchess of York.

She doesn't correct interviewers her call her the Duchess of York so she does use it.

The Duke of York is re marrying a member of the Tongan Royal Family .
Could you give a more precise link as I found that a lot of the link you provided either was being updated or simply was about the Tongan family?

I found no reference to Andrew on the site at all.

The Duke of York is re marrying a member of the Tongan Royal Family.
Or perhaps you could post the article. The link is not working for me at all. Thanks! :flowers:

The Duke of York is re marrying a member of the Tongan Royal Family.
Better proof please, this sounds like a ridiculous claim and the website you posted provides no information at all.

WHAAAT??! Where's the announcement from Buckingham Palace?

WHAAAT??! Where's the announcement from Buckingham Palace?

Maybe protocol in Tonga requires them to make the announcement first?

I'm guessing we might have to wait a while for this "announcement." ;)

Darn it! And Russo was all set to make reservations for England (or perhaps Scotland for the 2nd marriage) to watch the ceremony. :cry:

Let's get official confirmation from Buckingham Palace for the announcement of this "marriage."

Until then, lets move on.

Zonk

British Forums Moderator

Princesses plot Prince Andrew's 50th party | Mail Online

His last significant milestone - his 40th birthday - was arranged by his ex-wife, who with typical flamboyance invited three of his ex-girlfriends to join the celebrations.

But next month, Prince Andrew's 50th birthday is expected to be a more muted affair, as it is his daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie who are arranging it and not their mother, the Duchess of York.

I think the Yorks have been rather "muted" in their birthdays of late. Take for instance Eugenie's 18th, Beatrice's 21st and Sarah's 50th. All have been anything but extravagant. One would assume Andrew's party won't be a hugely wild gathering either. If he has a birthday party at his home in Windsor it would be far easier to keep it private.

Remember too the girls are at an age where they are capable of planning a party. After all if you wind the clock back 10 years they were far too young turning 12 and 10 years old.

Well with the economy in the toilet like it is, it wouldn't do for any of them to have an extravagant bash, now would it?

Prince Andrew as Special Representative for International Trade and Investment
will travel to Panama from 7th-9th February and will then visit Mexico from the
9th-12th!
_

I think the Yorks have been rather "muted" in their birthdays of late.
Remember too that the tradition within the royal family is for large 21st birthdays but because of the significance of the dates surrounding Beatrice's 18th she was given the large 18th rather than 21st. Eugenie is more likely to have the large 21st in the same way that the Queen's children and other grandchildren have had.

Sarah's 50th of course wasn't a royal affair because she isn't royal but Andrew will be having a royal celebration in concert with his sister, who will be having her 60th this year. The same thing happened 10 years ago when it was a combined 40th and 50th given by the Queen.

A handout picture released by the Chancellery of Panama shows
Panamanian Foreign Minister Juan Carlos Varela talking with Prince
Andrew, Duke of York during their meeting in Panama City, 08
February 2010.

----------> Pic

And here are some pics from today:

Prince Andrew visits the House of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture
of Panama February 9, 2010. Prince Andrew on Tuesday met with
Panamanian businessmen to discuss business opportunities between
both countries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
The Panama visit is over, now Andrew is in Mexico!

Prince Andrew, Duke of York being received by the United Kingdom
ambassador in Mexico Judith Macgregor upon his arrival at the Mexico
city airport on February 09.2010. Prince Andrew will be in Mexico for
a four days visit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 10.2.2010

Prince Andrews, Duke of York, speaks during a meeting with the
employers at the industrial club on February 10, 2010 in Mexico
City, Mexico.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thanks for keeping us updated on his trip Iceflower. He does look good for his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom