Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 6: July 2011-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 2h 2 hours ago
Confirmation from Buckingham Palace that Prince Andrew will say a few words tomorrow at Pitch@Palace reception in Davos.

Let's hope he doesn't try and make jokes or laugh off all the fuss going on about other things he's done/not done

Let's hope he doesn't try and make jokes or laugh off all the fuss going on about other things he's done/not done

I have a nasty feeling that is precisely what he might have in mind.

:previous:

I don't believe he will mention it at all.

Richard Edgar @ITVRichard · 19m 19 minutes ago
Prince Andrew making his first public comments since allegations about his private life says "my focus is on my work"

Video:
Prince Andrew has arrived at the World Economic Forum in Davos, where he is due to host the ‘Pitch@Palace’ reception, designed to encourage entrepreneurship and business start-ups. It will be his first public event since allegations of sexual impropriety were made against him by US citizen Virginia Roberts. The Prince continues to deny the allegations-

Home - ITNSource News

Richard Edgar @ITVRichard · 14m 14 minutes ago
Packed reception for the Duke of York's brief speech, CEOs and the odd ambassador you could hear a pin drop when he spoke.

Video:
Prince Andrew has referred to the sexual misconduct allegations made against him, during a speech in Davos this evening. Making his first public appearance since the claims emerged, the 54 year old royal told guests at an event being staged at the World Economic Forum, that he wanted to ‘reiterate and reaffirm’ previous statements issued by Buckingham Palace, in which he has denied the claims-

Home - ITNSource News

Video:
A female Royal Navy pilot made history today as she received her Wings from Prince Andrew. Lieutenant Danielle Welch, 30, is the very first and last woman to become a Royal Navy ab-initio Lynx pilot. She was awarded her Wings by the Duke of York during a ceremony at RNAS Yeovilton in Somerset after five-and-a-half years' training-

Home - ITNSource News

It's funny how ITN Source wasn't really showing Prince Andrew on official duty much, until he became the media's hot topic.

I suppose the media are following him more keenly in the hope that he'll make a statement or let something slip.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h 2 hours ago
On Tuesday, The Duke of York will attend the announcement of the 2015 Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at the @RAEngNews

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h 2 hours ago
On Thursday, The Duke of York will attend a Reception for Outward Bound at The Gherkin in London.

It's funny how ITN Source wasn't really showing Prince Andrew on official duty much, until he became the media's hot topic.

It does annoy me that some of the less-glamorous members of the Royal Family do not get the same recognition of their duties as others. The Duchess of Cambridge goes shopping and its all over the tabloids, the Duchess of Gloucester does valuable work with charities and the only mention is in the Court Circular.

The Duchess of Cambridge is followed more than others because she's young and beautiful, in addition to being married to Prince William. Cynical, true, but realistic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom