The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Whoopi, he's 20 years younger and . . . ? It looked to me more like the old continental cheek buss rather than a personal goodbye let alone a romantic farewell.

Personally I find the greatest hypocrisy comes with referring to him as a former Trade Envoy and then calling him Airmiles Andy! Yes you can indeed smooze all the right people internationally from the comfort of your home salon whilst ensconced in your Lazy-Boy rocker!
Exactly. How does one manage that?

Old 03-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would love Andrew to find love again - with a woman young enough to give him a son to inherit his title as if the parliament aren't going to change the laws so that daughters can have equal rights with sons.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I would love Andrew to find love again - with a woman young enough to give him a son to inherit his title as if the parliament aren't going to change the laws so that daughters can have equal rights with sons.

Yes, I really hope he gets another chance at happiness after his disastrous first marriage.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:44 AM
Majesty

Well that's a curly one. From what we have seen from Andrew and Sarah, they have the most loving divorce on record. The marriage may indeed have been disastrous but the divorce has been unmitigated success!
Old 03-10-2014, 02:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Andrew have dated other women over the years but he also have some female friends. I don't know if he's dating this lady but anytime he's seen with a young lady, the tabs go into overdrive in hooking them up. The same happens to Prince Harry.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Andrew seals it with a kiss: Royal says goodnight to glamorous Croatian model Monika Jakisic 20 years his junior after third date in as many weeks | Mail Online
Surelp this Monika Jakisic is not a discreet person... In twitter and tumblr oics of the expensive check at the restaurant and a ring that she posted are circulating... Monika Jakisic's photo "#thisishowitis" on WhoSay
Old 03-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

There's something about this that I don't like. Lack of discretion, maybe?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Buckingham Palace denies Prince Andrew is engaged to George Clooney's ex Monika Jakisic
Buckingham Palace denies Prince Andrew is engaged to George Clooney's ex Monika Jakisic - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

They are not engaged but it doesn't mean they aren't dating, right?
Why did the palace had to released a statement anyway? It never happened before!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
They are not engaged but it doesn't mean they aren't dating, right?
Why did the palace had to released a statement anyway? It never happened before!
I think the media is getting silly over Andrew having dinner with this lady. She could be a friend or they could be dating but an engagement is too much and I think it's best when the palace straighten things out.

The palace has denied engagements before and they did it for William and his friend Jecca Craig years ago.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Courtier

It may have something to do with the picture Monika Jakisic tweeted it was the bill with a ring laying on it. (very tacky) She is not a discreet person and will sell her soul for attention. Yes she owns an expensive house but there are a lot of rumours about how she got it. If they keep seeing each other she will make sure everyone knows it what they aren't saying is that George Clooney actually said the Monika crap needed to stop when she kept inferring he and her were dating again. Monika loves press attention and freebies her modeling career ended years ago she really doesn't seem to do much of anything except go to parties and holiday.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:33 AM
Majesty

The restaurant bill...with a ring laying on it...SERIOUSLY??!

Yep. This one is headed for the altar. I can tell.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The restaurant bill...with a ring laying on it...SERIOUSLY??!

Yep. This one is headed for the altar. I can tell.
I don't know what that tweet and photo were all about, other than that Monika likes attention and knows how to get it. If people think Sarah is bad for Andrew, this Monika is definitely no better...

...Seriously, who tweets a picture of a very expensive restaurant bill with a diamond ring?
Old 03-11-2014, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

I didn't pay much attention to that ring, but now I look at it I think it looks like someone's granny's ring. Is it there to keep the bill from flying away? What a strange world we now live in, where people publish photographs of their dinner bills for anyone in the world to see.

I was more concerned about the cost of that black cod. It must be something special. Nearly 40 pounds for a piece of fish?
Old 03-11-2014, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Andrew did the right thing in issuing a BP denial. If she is half as bad as people have been saying, then he needed to stop this fast.

It will be interesting to see if they are seen in each others company again.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-11-2014, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Ha, well in any event, this candidate for the Duke of York's future wife seems rather too common for my liking - diet coke and a latte...at dinner?
Old 03-11-2014, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Ha, well in any event, this candidate for the Duke of York's future wife seems rather too common for my liking - diet coke and a latte...at dinner?
Naughty, naughty! That sounds like unfair gender stereotyping to me. How do you know she was not the Makers Mark Sour and one of the Double Espressos? As I understand it, Andrew does not drink so he could well have been the Diet Coke.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
What a strange world we now live in, where people publish photographs of their dinner bills for anyone in the world to see.

I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

I was more concerned about the cost of that black cod. It must be something special. Nearly 40 pounds for a piece of fish?

That is not an unusual amount to pay for a main course in a nice restaurant in London. If I am not mistaken, this was a 5 Hertford Street, which is a private members club in Mayfair.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
That is not an unusual amount to pay for a main course in a nice restaurant in London. If I am not mistaken, this was a 5 Hertford Street, which is a private members club in Mayfair.
When I first looked at the bill I thought the prices weren't bad, being comparable to what I'd expect in a fairly smart restaurant here, then I realised the prices were in pounds, roughly twice as much as our dollar! I'd heard that dining out was expensive in Britain, and this seems to confirm it.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

The bill would appear to indicate that there were 6 people dining, hardly a romantic tete a tete.

Closed Thread