Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 6: July 2011-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

The Royal website is a bit of a mish-mash really - its about the Queen and ceremonials and some royal engagements (top line only and some selected pictures)

There is nothing about what individual BRF members actually do - especially the stuff we don't see that doesn't appear in the court circular. What we see in the media is not all there is going on.

Andrew is taking a risk but he obviously thinks it's worth it.

The BRF need to rethink their on-line strategy, IMO.

Actually with the exception of HMQ, that is what all the members of the BRF do. And "some" engagements is in fact a significant number - in excess of 500 I think.
As stated earlier, the public at large has formed the unfavourable opinions about Prince Andrew and his usefulness. His hard work does not change much.

Andrew does the third most engagements of anyone in the royal family - with only his older siblings doing more.

There has never been any suggestion that he, or his siblings, will be not doing royal duties into their old age.

He served his country in the navy for over 20 years and fought in a war.

Harry will have to leave the army, probably after less than 20 years simply to take up the slack of dying and aging royals but that doesn't include a royal in his early-mid 50s but rather those in their 70s and 80s and even late 60s.

A good PR campaign can do wonders. Mark Bolland did a great job with rehabing Camilla & Charles in the publics mind, and lets face it Borat:lol:, and the governments subsequent PR campaign, certainly made your country much more well known around the world

As stated earlier, the public at large has formed the unfavourable opinions about Prince Andrew and his usefulness. His hard work does not change much.

This tells us that you have not developed the ability to re-evaluate information. So sorry to hear that because life is forever changing, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

It is your right to believe that a good PR campaign can sway the public opinion. It definitively works in USA, the country where money rules supreme. Both educated and uneducated plebeians in the western democracies and monarchies tend to be gullible.

I wonder are we reading too much into Andrew's new website by suggesting it's some sort of PR masterplan to improve his public image and reputation. When his trade envoy role ended his old website became outdated. All he has done now is update it, and made it current again.
I think most of us will recognise some of his choice of family pics, and possibly commented on them at some point. It's interesting to now know they must be some of his favourites.

It is your right to believe that a good PR campaign can sway the public opinion. It definitively works in USA, the country where money rules supreme. Both educated and uneducated plebeians in the western democracies and monarchies tend to be gullible.
And of course people in the east never change their opinions about anything or anyone and are so pure that they are above being influenced by money or advertising. Who knew your country was such a paradise on earth? Maybe Borat was wrong,lol? Maybe it is time to join the human race, along with us other mere mortals? You might even find you enjoy being a pleb in a democracy.

:previous:

The Royal website is a bit of a mish-mash really - its about the Queen and ceremonials and some royal engagements (top line only and some selected pictures)

There is nothing about what individual BRF members actually do - especially the stuff we don't see that doesn't appear in the court circular. What we see in the media is not all there is going on.

That isn't specifically true. You can search about all the members of the RF, and if you select them and read about them. It also gives a "day in the life of" for most of the family members. It does of course specific more on the "famous" members, but that is the way it's going to always be.

I don't think the spare or the other Royals are useless. They all do things for the country and they help the Monarch. Ask a lot of charities and they will tell you how usefull having a Royal Patron and a visit from any member of the Royal Family helps them. Andrew needed a new website of course part of it is PR the royal family has PR people like every other big organisation. With all the stuff thrown at them they at times really need it.

On July 1st the Duke of York also hosted a meeting to support UK technology and business clusters at Buckingham Palace:

** Pic **

Last night, July 2nd, he was pictured leaving Loulou's in Mayfair:

** Pic **

Back in Britain the Duke of York watched the Gentlemen's Singles semi-final match between Novak Djokovic of Serbia and Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina at Wimbledon today, July 5, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Duke launches new award

ARTICLE from THE TIMES: 8th July 2013
QUOTE:
The Duke of York has called for greater respect for young people who train to be machinists, builders or technicians, saying that vocational skills deserve a higher status.

Prince Andrew said that the “conventional route” of A levels leading straight to university did not suit everyone and alternatives should be better recognised.

He will visit a technical school in Walsall, West Midlands, today to announce a new award for technical education modelled on the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award started by his father in 1956.

The Duke of York Award will issue bronze, silver and gold certificates for a combination of vocational qualifications, work experience and skills such as problem-solving, teamwork and communications.

Prince Andrew said: “The conventional route is as good as any, but there are other ways of doing it, and not everybody fits into it. There is another side to this. The conventional education may not fit the needs of the workplace.

“In fact, I think there is already a mismatch between what qualifications we are producing and what the workplace needs. So let’s open the opportunities up.

“I don’t want young people to feel that they are being told they are not good enough to do something. At no stage should anything in their education be de-motivational.”

The launch of the Duke of York Award for Technical Education marks a stepping up of Prince Andrew’s work supporting skills, science and enterprise.

He is also to become patron of the Baker Dearing Educational Trust, a charity that is opening 45 technical colleges for teenagers aged 14 to 18. Initially the award will be for students at its colleges, but it may be extended after its first two years.

The Duke has made 12 visits to these technical schools, and this year became patron of the Studio Schools Trust, which is creating a similar network of small vocational schools for 14 to 19-year-olds.

Full article for those able to access: We want builders, not just graduates, says Duke | The Times

I think this is a great idea - it is a return to Tech Colleges which produced engineers, builders, plumbers, mechanics etc - skills that every society requires

I agree Cepe. Now if the DOY plumps for a good wage for laborers - ooops, that would make it political wouldn't it? ;)

I was reading the paper this morning and saw something about Prince Andrew's new Twitter account. The article (it was more of a section) that I read said that Andrew has already gained 15,000 followers. That's a lot of followers to gain in one day!

There's one correction that needs to be made in the article- in the third paragraph about HM favouring modern technology, one sentence reads "She now has more than 125,000 YouTube subscribers and nearly half a million followers on Twitter." I don't think HM has an official Twitter account that she updates herself. Perhaps they meant her parody account.

Very good that Andrew has decided to join Twitter. He and his ex can follow each other now.

Well, since last night Sarah has been following Andrew on Twitter, retweeting one of his tweets and tweeting to him, too. He doesn't seem to be following her, though.

I was reading the paper this morning and saw something about Prince Andrew's new Twitter account. The article (it was more of a section) that I read said that Andrew has already gained 15,000 followers. That's a lot of followers to gain in one day!

There's one correction that needs to be made in the article- in the third paragraph about HM favouring modern technology, one sentence reads "She now has more than 125,000 YouTube subscribers and nearly half a million followers on Twitter." I don't think HM has an official Twitter account that she updates herself. Perhaps they meant her parody account.

I think they mean "royal" rather than HMQ. Elizabeth Windsor on twitter has over a million followers - its v funny.

Randy Andy still rocks. a Twitter acc, how cool can one be? I'll send him a message now.Will keep you all updated when he replies. :) For starters,I think I will suggest him a wonderful new diet. It's worked wonders for my Sebastian already. <3

I think they mean "royal" rather than HMQ. Elizabeth Windsor on twitter has over a million followers - its v funny.

Thanks for the clarification. :flowers:

Me and a friend were on Twitter yesterday and we looked at Andrew's account and we saw that he had around 64,000 followers. He's probably gained more today. I think he could have over a million followers soon!

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork 2h
I visited all 3 services @UKForcesAfghan in Afghanistan yesterday. Very proud of their work. I wish them all continued success. - AY

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 50m
#royal Pr Andrew: "It’s absolutely vital that members of the Royal Family should come and visit troops on the front line." @TheDukeOfYork

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 47m
#royal Pr Andrew: "The training that we have delivered them (Afg Army/Police) over last two or three years has stood them in good stead."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom