The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I actually like the bearded Prince Andrew, think he's hot here!

Old 02-27-2012, 05:30 AM
Commoner

Thank you Iluvbertie!
I had noticed was the seventh but could not find the pages to go back and search for old topics.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Royal Highness

I recall the night of the Windsor fire and the TV coverage showing a very smashing Duke of York in a red pullover... Definately hero material back then!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York is on a five-day visit to Thailand from February 28 till March 3, 2012.

Today, February 29, he met with Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit
at the Siriraj Hospital in Bangkok.

** Pic **
Old 02-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Majesty

Oh yes, hero material indeed. I remember that some of the press scoffed at the idea that he was doing "research" at the castle when it caught fire, which I thought was rather mean. I guess that this is why I can't completely "give up" on Andrew or consider him a "waste of space." When it comes to doing "princely" things, he was and is very, very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I recall the night of the Windsor fire and the TV coverage showing a very smashing Duke of York in a red pullover... Definately hero material back then!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

He certainly took charge of the brigade and saved a lot of priceless artwork, I remember from the coverage.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Majesty

He was a serving naval officer at the time, just the sort of person who would and should take charge. I think that Andrew is perhaps the most like Prince Philip of the brothers. He speaks before he thinks, is highly opinionated, and walks like a person "on a mission", with a lot of energy. If he lives to be 90, perhaps he'll gain the status of national treasure as well.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Oh yes, hero material indeed. I remember that some of the press scoffed at the idea that he was doing "research" at the castle when it caught fire, which I thought was rather mean. I guess that this is why I can't completely "give up" on Andrew or consider him a "waste of space." When it comes to doing "princely" things, he was and is very, very good.
Same here.
Despite all the negative coverage her receives (some of it deserved), I still cannot think too bad of him. Andrew did serve his country in time of need (the Falklands War). He also probably did secure quite lucrative business deals; it's quite surprising just how much a royal status still means for a lot of people, especially those who have anything but the pedigree, as it were.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York met with Thailand's Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra at the Government House
in Bangkok during his visit to Thailand on March 1, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **
Old 03-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Duke of York calls for help from his nanny - Telegraph
Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Today, March 2nd, Prince Andrew has visited the Reckitt Benckiser factory, the British
multinational producer of Strepsils among other consumer goods, on the outskirts of
Bangkok, Thailand.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is a lovely story of a virtual family member in all but name and blood. It is lovely to see that she is still so honoured within the family and was asked to undertake this duty for Andrew and did so willingly.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I agree with you; Mabel Anderson is family, even if there are no blood ties.

Quote from the article:
Quote:
The Prince of Wales described her as “a haven of security, the great haven”. She was called upon by Prince Charles to comfort him and his sons after Diana, Princess of Wales was killed in 1997. She retains a grace-and-favour apartment near Windsor Castle. Each Christmas, Charles sends a chauffeur-driven car to take Mabel to Sandringham, where she is treated like a cherished member of the family rather than an employee.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Commoner

I have a doubt about royal titles:
Sarah Ferguson lost the title of Duchess of York if Andrew marries again?
Does she really holds this title?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah holds no title. She is Sarah, Duchess of York the same as all ex-wives of peers, but she is not The Duchess of York. If Andrew were to marry again his new wife would be HRH The Duchess of York.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waflw5 View Post
I have a doubt about royal titles:
Sarah Ferguson lost the title of Duchess of York if Andrew marries again?
Does she really holds this title?
Sarah does not hold the title of The Duchess of York. As former wife of a peer, she is styled and titled Sarah, Duchess of York; she will hold both for life, unless she remarries. If Andrew were to remarry, that would not affect Sarah's style at all. Andrew's new wife would be titled The Duchess of York, whereas his former wife would be Sarah, Duchess of York.

To explain better:
- While Sarah was married to Andrew, she was HRH The Princess Andrew, Duchess of York. In the same way, the current wife of Mr. John Brown is Mrs. John Brown.
- After the divorce, Sarah has been titled as Sarah, Duchess of York. In the same way, the former wife of Mr. Brown would be titles "Name", Mrs. Brown (as opposed to Mrs. John Brown).

Take the example of the Earl Spencer:
- His current wife, Karen Gordon, is The Right Honourable The Countess Spencer.
- His first wife, Victoria Lockwood, was The Right Honourable The Countess Spencer. After their divorce and until remarrying she was Victoria, Countess Spencer.
- His second wife was Mrs. Caroline Freud. She was born Caroline Hutton and was married to Matthew Freud in her first marriage; for the duration of that union, she was Mrs. Matthew Freud. Following the divorce, she came to be known as Mrs. Caroline Freud. After her marriage to Earl Spencer, she was The Right Honourable The Countess Spencer until the divorce. After her second divorce, she was titled Caroline, Countess Spencer.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Commoner

It's a bit complicated but the latest examples helped a lot!
Yesn i can understand, thank you, girls!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Andrew, Duke of York speaks to Chief Executive of Badminton England Adrian Christy during the Yonex All England Badminton Open Championship at the NIA on March 8, 2012 in Birmingham, England.
- Picture
Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Serene Highness

Actress Catherine Oxenberg(daughter of Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia) speaks about her "love affair" and how she met Prince Andrew:

My almost royal wedding! « catherineoxenberg

Interesting note about his "letter" from Falkland Islands...
Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Could all this be drivel?

Closed Thread