Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 4: September 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKDukeofYorkArms.jpg

Arms of HRH The Duke of York

Welcome to The Duke of York current events
part 5, commencing September 2008

Part 4, covering the period March 2007 to September 2008, can be found here.

¤

Last edited:
Well I talked to a gal at the local "Back to School" Barbecue who teaches international economics at PSU and asked her point blank if Prince Andrews efforts to promote trade really make a difference. And being a Professor, she really hadn't any idea at all and just about less of who Prince Andrew was. . . .:ermm:

Anyway, Warren, since you know EVERYTHING, did PA design that coat of arms himself or was it already the House of York's arms or what? Thanks!:D

Coats of Arms are designed (devised) by the Royal College of Arms. The above is actually the shield from the full Arms. It is the standard royal field (as in my avatar) differentiated by the banner with the anchor to denote the Duke of York. Prince Andrew would have had some input into what he wanted in the banner.

Pic 30.09.2008

Britain's Prince Andrew listens to a South Korean guide soldier
during his visit to a Hyundai Heavy Industries shipbuilding yard in
Ulsan, about 410 km (255 miles) southeast of Seoul, Sep 30, 2008.

-------> Pic

Very nice, Ice. (I like the sound of that) P. Andrew looks dashing and quite intent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 1.10.2008

Indeed, that sounds good, Bella ;):)

Britain's Prince Andrew delivers a speech during a Carbon Market conference
between South Korea and Britain in Seoul, South Korea, Wednesday, Oct. 1,
2008. The Duke of York arrived in South Korea as the representation of the
United Kingdom Trade and Investment focused on enhancing business ties
between the two countries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks again, Ice. Any pics of P Andrew are always welcome in my book. Seems he's focusing alot of his visits to the Asian market.

Pics 2.10.2008

Two new additions for you Bella :)

Britain's Prince Andrew gives a speech during a luncheon meeting with
British and South Korean businessmen at a hotel in Seoul Oct 2, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Up close and personal pics! You're The Best, Ice!!! How cute.

Oh dear...a double chin...not his best angle, I'm afraid.:ermm:

Asia seems to be where the money is.:)
Thanks again, Ice. Any pics of P Andrew are always welcome in my book. Seems he's focusing alot of his visits to the Asian market.

Oh dear...a double chin...not his best angle, I'm afraid.:ermm:
He's not golfing enough. . . .:whistling:

And yes, Maid, we ship more money over there every day. HSBC Bank is Hong Kong Singapore Bank of China. They do very well over here in the states. . . .:ermm:

Pics 9.10.2008

A nice event for Andrew today :):

The Duke of York opens Maltby Craggs Primary School in Rotherham, 9.10.2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

How adorable! I esp. like the ones w him and the children! Thanks, Ice.

Bella! You beat me to it! I was going to say "Thanks Ice! I'm sure Bella will appreciate these!" Boy I'm slow on the draw today! :D

My he got home from Asia rather quickly, didn't he?

My favourite prince! I don't care how much golf he plays or how many Airmiles he accumulates--I like him!:angel: I like that picture of the little girl with her hand almost touching his arm. Cute.:wub:

A nice event for Andrew today :):

The Duke of York opens Maltby Craggs Primary School in Rotherham, 9.10.2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Indeed, Prince Andrew is the handsomest Prince. He is like French cognac ... becoming better with age. Seriously speaking, this is the first time I see Prince Andrew performing non-foreign non-business-related engagement.

and what's his salary on this? Sky, you were able to get ahold of that article for the Naval officer's pay, is there anything about what he makes being the UK's Roving Financial Ambassador? :D

Really? He appears sometimes in a military context as well or on other engagements in the UK. His most high-profile jobs seem to be his foreign ones, though.

this is the first time I see Prince Andrew performing non-foreign non-business-related engagement.

Pics 11.10.2008

I'm glad, you liked those pics with the children as well :flowers:

Prince Andrew at the Wellington College, October 11, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

and what's his salary on this? Sky, you were able to get ahold of that article for the Naval officer's pay, is there anything about what he makes being the UK's Roving Financial Ambassador? :D

Andrew doesn't receive a salary for his role as ambassador for trade and industry. You'll find this stated on his official site as well as the UK trade and industry site.

:previous::rolleyes: and he receives £249.000 from HM + personal investments and interest on personal accounts!

:previous::rolleyes: and he receives £249.000 from HM + personal investments and interest on personal accounts!
.... but so that we are clear, that is not funds from the state. That is money provided privately to Andrew by the Queen

.... but so that we are clear, that is not funds from the state. That is money provided privately to Andrew by the Queen
That she receives from the state. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom