Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 4: September 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was after the main event when Andrew was probably partying for Britain and he does party so well in aid of the economy!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so you do admit that he does help the economy in some way!:lol:

On that we will have to take a raincheck!:whistling::ROFLMAO: But I am sure he does a great deal for the economy when he purchases his Christmas Gifts.:whistling:

We can only hope he "Buys British". :whistling:

Thanks for the links, evnovoros. Quite honestly, I'd have no problem at all sitting in the dark w Prince Andrew!

That's probably HM, not Andrew.:whistling:

HA! That's nothing! The RF should see our family when we play RISK! Talk about vicious! :lol:
IMO, I don't think Andrew should say anything about sitting in the dark. It just seems like it's too forced and not sincere. Does that make sense?

I can imagine Andrew being competitive. He always reminded me of a jock despite his royal title and jocks are insanely competitive. Her Majesty? Well, she's into horse racing and I thought it funny when she said you have to have a bit of a gambler's mind to enjoy it because you have to think that your horse is going to be better than the next one. :D

Russo, that does it. I'm not playing RISK with you!

Well at least I'm not a poor sport! I have a brother who would get cheesed off and flip the board. If you know RISK, you know there are hundreds of games pieces that went flying!!!
Wonder how that would go over growing up . . .:rolleyes: what would they say to each other??
Andrew: I'm not trading you the utilities for the orangie Mummy, then you'll have a Monopoly.
HM: If you don't you are going to bed without supper and you'll be grounded for a month!

:D

Our family wasn't that bad! Actually I get a kick out of imagining the Queen and her family playing Monopoly. 'Now Charles and Andrew, I am your mother and the Queen, so I am going to take Park Place and Boardwalk and you'll just have to be satisfied with Baltic and Mediterranean. You can split the rents up between the two of you' :D

It would be really neat if the Queen had her own board of her kingdom, let's see Charles, you get Cornwall, :D

I read the Duke of Westminster was presented a Monopoly game that had all his properties on it.

Andrew could make one for charity. (What would be "Free Parking?" )Though at this time with this economy, seeing all the property they hold might upset the subjects.

Right, Russo. Not a very good PR move, I guess. But a game like that would be fun to see once the economy gets better.

The worst experience I ever had playing Monopoly was with a really gung-ho real estate agent.:nonono: Never again.:D

:whistling:In the real world, they would have fired the administrator of lighting and switch the lights off themselves. This would allow them an extra half hour or so to read a good book, instead of sitting in the dark.......:ROFLMAO:

. . . . . This would allow them an extra half hour or so to read a good book, instead of sitting in the dark.......:ROFLMAO:

But that would really depend on who you were sitting in the dark with.

Prince Andrew and Princess Eugenie on a phesant shoot
on the Sandringham Estate, Norfolk, Britain - 27 Dec 2008

-----> Pic

Is that Princess Eugenie? Why is she holding his arm?

She has a walking stick, but I can't remember which pictures I saw it in.

Family affection? I'd walk like that with my dad if he were still alive, and I walk that way with my father-in-law sometimes.:flowers:

Is that Princess Eugenie? Why is she holding his arm?

Pics 24.1.2009

First pics of Andrew in 2009, Bella, where are you? ;)

Prince Andrew, Duke of York visits the Nobu Restaurant
on January 24, 2009 in London, England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I'm right here, Ice! Never far from pics of P. Andrew. Thanks, as always. He looks very serious, but no less handsome. Was this a biz lunch/dinner or a social one? Does anyone know who he was with? I've always favored that charcoal-colored suit.

He definitely does look serious in these pics.:ermm:

Andrew gave a short interview to ITN today and quite frankly made himself sound an ass. "We are where we are", being one little gem.:D

Pics 29.1.2009

I'm right here, Ice! Never far from pics of P. Andrew. Thanks, as always. He looks very serious, but no less handsome. Was this a biz lunch/dinner or a social one? Does anyone know who he was with? I've always favored that charcoal-colored suit.

I guess it was a more private dinner.
Pic 1 from today is really nice again :)

Britain's Prince Andrew speaks to journalists at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in
Davos January 29, 2009. Business leaders and policymakers meeting in Davos turn
their attention to financial regulation, energy, trade and global security after hearing
China and Russia blame debt-fuelled consumption for massive financial collapse.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks for the pictures.He looks good in gray.
Unfortunately,I have to agree with Skydragon;as much as I like him,Andrew can sound very pompous at times.:whistling:
It's like he is very aware that he is a Royal Prince and Duke and he wants everyone to be aware of that fact.Skydragon's comments caused me to remember a story I read about Andrew when he was a little boy.He and his nanny were watching a soap opera called Coronation Street.The Queen and Philip popped in to see him,and he was embarrassed to be caught watching a program considered downmarket.Andrew said something like "...look at all those common people..."Philip told his son that if it weren't for people like that,that Andrew wouldn't be a prince.So,even ANdrew's parents know that their boy can be pompous!;)

Andrew gave a short interview to ITN today and quite frankly made himself sound an ass. "We are where we are", being one little gem.:D
Hey Sky, can you elaborate a bit? What was he saying that in reference to? Was he referring to the RF or the British Trade industry or what? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom