Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 4: September 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 8.12.2008

Prince Andrew is spotted out in London's Jewelry quarter, Hatton
Garden smiling and waving to on-lookers, December 8, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Gallery **

Thanks Iceflower!:flowers:
Andrew looks great!
I would like to know whom he was buying a present to!

Thanks for the links evnovoros and Ice! I agree w giov, P Andrew looks great!! Oh, and that jewelry MUST be for me.

Thanks for the links evnovoros and Ice! I agree w giov, P Andrew looks great!! Oh, and that jewelry MUST be for me.
I would LOVE to be the fly on the wall when that happened! Just get me some really small ear plugs to drown out your happy squeals!! :D

Thanks for the links evnovoros and Ice! I agree w giov, P Andrew looks great!!

I second (third?) the statement that Andrew looks great. Wow! Never mind that he's old enough to be my dad...I still think he's really handsome. :lol:

He looks a lot slimmer than he did a few years ago. He also seems like he's in an awfully good mood.

Thanks Iceflower!:flowers:
Andrew looks great!
I would like to know whom he was buying a present to!

Maybe a present for the lady in the photos

AND unlikely to be swayed by grandeur!! I am immediately ruled out as an ambassador 'of or to' anything.

It is interesting to know that people read these articles and are appreciative of them.

It is interesting to know that people read these articles and are appreciative of them.

... though I am sure there are enough who worry about the costs involved in Andrew carying out his role!

Great story, thanks for the link, evnovoros!!! I found this to be quite realistic and unbiased. P Andrew came across as very knowledgable and articulate and, again, realistic. Of course I found the photo quite appealing as well.
Oh Bella, :flowers: you adore the man, so can only be biased!:lol: I thought it was a brilliant attempt at PR by Andrew and his office. He seems to have reached his fan base on here, though I doubt it will convince anyone else.:flowers:

My contribution was a "little" sarcastic, but if they say he is doing a job then .... I am sure he fits the job they say he is doing.

Great story, thanks for the link, evnovoros!!! I found this to be quite realistic and unbiased. P Andrew came across as very knowledgable and articulate and, again, realistic. Of course I found the photo quite appealing as well.

Ooh, I agree, nice picture!

You know what is funny? Andrew's detractors often say he is a lazy, extravagant playboy, but those who have actually met or know him call him very disciplined and "boring." For example, it's often been reported that Andrew doesn't drink. I remember when Beatrice's ex-boyfriend, Paolo Liuzzo, sold his story to one of the British newspapers a couple of years ago...he said Andrew was boring, didn't drink, didn't party, and recently Sarah also gave an interview in which she said the same things...Andrew doesn't drink and gets up early. According to Sarah, she and the girls laugh at him for this. It just seems like there's a discrepancy between the "spendthrift playboy" image that's sometimes circulated in the media, and the descriptions that come from people who actually know Andrew. Personally, I'd be more inclined to believe the latter, but that's just me. :)

I found the article quite interesting as well. Prince Andrew has always struck me as a "straight shooter," and interviews with him show him to be articulate and knowledgeable. :flowers:

A nice article and a good way to point out how it is beneficial to have someone who is politically impartial represent the UK interests.

Oh Bella, :flowers: you adore the man, so can only be biased!:lol: I thought it was a brilliant attempt at PR by Andrew and his office. He seems to have reached his fan base on here, though I doubt it will convince anyone else.:flowers:

Me . . . biased in favor of Prince Andrew? Never!:wub: Well . . . maybe just a little.

You know what is funny? Andrew's detractors often say he is a lazy, extravagant playboy, but those who have actually met or know him call him very disciplined and "boring." For example, it's often been reported that Andrew doesn't drink. ------ snipped------ It just seems like there's a discrepancy between the "spendthrift playboy" image that's sometimes circulated in the media, and the descriptions that come from people who actually know Andrew. Personally, I'd be more inclined to believe the latter, but that's just me. :)
You don't think that his ex wife and daughters might be biased, or do you really think that they will say to the press, 'he is no spendthrift and is an absolute playboy'?:lol: As for Paolo, he is at that age when anyone who doesn't drink or party till all hours, is old and boring!:ROFLMAO::whistling:

I found the article quite interesting as well. Prince Andrew has always struck me as a "straight shooter," and interviews with him show him to be articulate and knowledgeable. :flowers:

The informal view from around the CBI is that the Prince is doing a good job, and has really got to grips with what the role expects of him.

The informal view from around the CBI is that the Prince is doing a good job, and has really got to grips with what the role expects of him.
It is nice to learn that people have got a good opinion about Prince Andrew. He seems to do an adequate job undertaking official engagements on the behalf of the British Royal family in addition to being very handsome.

It is nice to learn that people have got a good opinion about Prince Andrew.

As you may have guessed, I am not a big fan of Andrew. However, based on what I hear, he does seem to be doing a good job, and should be recognised for doing so. What he does need to be careful about is being seen with the Eurotrash or on a yatch ever so often... these things end up negating all the good work that he may otherwise do!

AFAIK, Andrew does at least buy some of his food from British producers and that is something that he does really well for Britain!:D

Pics 19.12.2008

Britain's Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Britain's Prince Andrew attend the 'London Energy Meeting'
at the Intercontinental Hotel in London, on December 19, 2009. British Prime Minister Gordon Brown
said on Friday that oil price volatility was "in no-one's interest" at a meeting of major oil producing
and consuming nations, as prices hit a new four-year low. Brown urged stability after a year which
has seen prices swing from record highs to historic lows as the credit crunch bites, adding that
producers and consumers should move beyond their "traditionally adversarial" relations.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

They certainly don't look as though they're enjoying where they are. But P. Andrew still looks good, of course.

They certainly don't look as though they're enjoying where they are. But P. Andrew still looks good, of course.
HA! He'd look good to you in a potato sack! :D
But boy! I wouldn't want to be in THAT meeting! Totally Boresville! Imagine if you got caught picking your nose by the camera!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom