Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 5: November 2009-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Prince Andrew has been divorced for a very long time, it he's seeing someone, it's not a issue and shouldn't be made an issue.

Since Prince Andrew has been divorced for a very long time, it he's seeing someone, it's not a issue and shouldn't be made an issue.
That's right. However, Prince Andrew isn't just ANYBODY.

I agree with Lumutqueen that it was nice to see Prince Andrew really smiling. He did look happy for awhile and I don't think that there is a lot of happiness in his life.

It also wasn't a bad PR move. Everyone was talking about PA and the beautiful girl. And not PA and Sarah.

Agree Kakieanne with both statements. I think thought when the news broke about Prince Andrew's romance that it was a smart PR move. I think deep down he is appalled at the Duchess. He might finally fall in love and get married because of it and now his girls are young adults.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my impression as well. How do we know that there weren't other people around when the photos on the yacht were taken? It's interesting that this woman was later seen having lunch with Max Clifford. She has a degree in Public Relations, and now the public certainly knows about her. But I agree also with those who say that Prince Andrew should be more careful. I don't think that he had any idea that there were photographers around.

The photos gave me no indication of a romance. PA might be perceived to be "flirting," but it doesn't look that way to me.

Oh look, it's the sexy moobs picture out and about again. . . .:whistling:
:nonono:

Prince Andrew's texts to Alexandra Escat to stay silent | Mail Online

Oh dear.

I get the impression people think it's a great idea for Andrew to date whatever cute young model or socialite comes his way. The way I see it is that many such women would not be into Andrew for the right reasons. And even if they were, it's still easy for the media to persuade or even trick people into spilling information about their personal relationships.

I have a feeling Andrew is probably regretting ever hanging out on that yacht with the girl right now. The Daily Mail just won't stop trying to make more out of this story.

Isnt' Richard Kay a little less than accurate on these things???

And more evidence that the Daily Mail wont' let this go. Of course, she didn't have to take them up on their offer. I have a question....is everyone for sale these days? What happened to the days of keeping something like this to yourself, and sharing the story with your grandkids?

----------------------------------
It is the sort of setting that might see any man cast caution to the wind.

Standing astride the top deck of a super yacht off the Emerald Coast in the company of a beautiful young brunette, even the most unromantic chap might be stirred to a sweet nothing or two.

Unless, that is, you are Prince Andrew, Duke of York. In which case you gaze at the nubile beauty before you, hold her hand gently, lean in and enquire: ‘Which country do you think England has been at war with for the longest total duration over the years?

Read more: Andrew asked me again to rub cream into his back. I'd barely met him - AND he is a royal. But I couldn't say no twice, could I? | Mail Online

Well another blabbermouth. She sounds like a...trollop to put it nicely. :hammer::hammer:

I found the following quote rather telling:

When Andrew spoke to Alexandra later, she recalls: ‘He said he had been very lucky to have found a woman to “share his cross” with him in Fergie and that she had done it “divinely”. He didn’t think he would find anyone else to do that.’

That to me reads like a man who is still in love in many ways with his ex-wife and that he realises that Fergie is the one for him.

It was also sad to read this:

'He laughed and said, “I don’t even have my brother’s *telephone num*ber. I talk to my bodyguard, my bodyguard talks to his bodyguard and he talks to him.” ’

Oh there are plenty of women out there who'd share his cross with him. Prince Andrew isn't looking in the right places.

Exactly Russo anyone would share his "cross" with him, and probably do a better job of not disgracing the RF.

Does anyone really think that Andrew in the process of trying to talk to this young lady would discuss his relationship with his brother?

Depends if she asked how his family, other than that I don't think Andrew would have brought it up on his own.

A young lady who has just met a member of the BRF who is for lack of a better word is "macking" on her, is not going to ask about his brother.

Its just like any man and woman (in any socioeconomic class) who have just met, and having expressed an interest in getting to know each better, they are going to talk about trivial stuff as well ask and answer questions about themselves. Whats your name? What do you do? What do you like to do for fun? What are you doing later?

If I was trying to talk to someone and they asked about my sister? I would question their motives and why would they ask such a question. I couldn't imagine Andrew volunteering such information.

Or am I totally old school now? Do people talk private matters regarding their family when they just meet? Andrew who doesn't know this young lady AT ALL is going to reveal something as minor and private as this? Not knowing that (rightfully as it appears) that she could sell her story?

Sorry, it sounds to me as this young lady realized that she could get famous and rich off this little encounter and is going to try to extend her 15 minutes of fame as long as she can. And of course, papers such as the Daily Mail are happy to oblige.

I want Andrew to meet a nice young lady/woman just as much as everyone but I would love it if he would delve in a deeper pool.

Last edited:
Yes but she might ask about his family, they were on holiday for quite a while I think, and you aren't going to ignore the fact that he is royal.
I do want him to marry again.

If this article is true then it tells much more about the young woman than the Prince.

Only Prince Andrew knows how much of the article is true.
My guess is that it was all fairly innocent, Alexandra arranged and flew to London to meet Max Clifford within days of the holiday ending. That to me says she had no expectation to meet or develop anything further with Andrew. If she did she wouldn't be talking to the press (and particularly to the Daily Mail).

If Andrew gives his private number to someone he's just met (albeit a pretty girl) then I'm sure he has swapped numbers with his brothers.
He was on his way to Spain to join Sarah and the girls (and Alexandra was travelling with him) so it's more likely he menioned them.
If he spoke well of Sarah it shows they remain close, and if that's what he wants, it's his life. At 50 he should be man enough, and have enough backbone to do what makes him happy. If he wants to remain supportive of Sarah, then to hell with what anyone else thinks of her.
Equally, if he feels Sarah is pushing him too far he should be more than capable of telling her that.

I couldn't have said this better myself, you sum it up well! :)

Is it just me who thinks Andrew was joking when he said he didn`t have his brother`s telephone number? Of course he would get comments about his family, so the best way to deflect attention would be to make a facetious comment.

I don`t respect this girl for selling her story. I also don`t think it`s as easy for Andrew to find someone loyal and discreet as people think it is. When the photos of him with this girl came out, a lot of people here were approving, but look what`s happened now--and she only spent a few days with him! There are too many people these days who will sell their story and connections for money.

I`m sure there are discreet, loyal women around who might make a good companion for Andrew, but if he wants that he should be looking for someone older, and most older women have baggage (children, ex-husbands, past relationships). I also still think, and the article confirms it, that Andrew isn`t looking for another companion because he has Sarah. They`ve been through a lot together, and even though Sarah did betray him by trying to sell access to him, she`s never done any kind of tell-all about her life in the royal family nor do I think she ever will. I don`t know if I could say the same for other young women Andrew might meet...

Well there are three sides to this story: the girl, Andrew and the truth.

She's also sold her, Andrew will never tell and most likely we will never know the truth.

If Andrew is looking for a serious companion (and we have know way of knowing if this is the case) he is not going to find it on a boat with the Euro Jet set crowd. Based on what I have seen, most of the men are around his age (or a decade higher or lower) and the women are usually very young or looking for the fountain of youth.

Does anyone really think that Andrew in the process of trying to talk to this young lady would discuss his relationship with his brother?

Considering that she said that they were also talking about her relationship with her younger brother and how close they were - yes I do think that a comment like that one could have been made.

...I also still think, and the article confirms it, that Andrew isn`t looking for another companion because he has Sarah. They`ve been through a lot together.
..... and we still don't know how it will end.

I'd bloody well ask about the family! *Sayeth Russo the gossip monger!* :D

"So. Prince Andrew. Just how many Faberge pieces does HM own??":whistling:

Russo makes me giggle...again!!! LOLOLOL

Poor Andrew...

Unofficial Royalty is reporting on its web site (they have stories from today's London Daily Mail and the London Telegraph) that his old home was purchased with tainted money.

No one believes that he knew anything about the alleged scam and BP has denied that he had any knowledge.

According to the Duke of York's web site, he worked a full day in Beijing, China yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom