Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 5: November 2009-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Andrew walks in the paddock of the Silverstone circuit on July
10, 2010, during the third free practice session of the Formula One
British Grand Prix.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Shame the royal presence did nothing for our Jenson.

Why does he always dress in a suit? Why not a polo shirt & trousers?

If it was an official visit, not a drop in, then that's what he should wear.

I prefer seeing him like this during such an event ;) and I guess it
has been an official visit as he often is involved in events related
to the Formula One and racing (although it's not been listed as such
at the court circular).

Here's another gallery of nice pics of Andrew today:

** GBR: Celebrities Attend Formula One British Grand Prix **

Why does he always dress in a suit? Why not a polo shirt & trousers?

Maybe he is simply more comfortable in a suit. I know a number of men, particularly ex-military men, who don't feel dressed unless they are in a suit, or at least a shirt with a tie.

My husband is never without his sportscoat and always wears long pants. The most casual he gets is a polo-shirt or coloured t-shirt and trousers; and that's when he's in the house.:) I think that there are some men who just don't like to dress down much.

I prefer seeing him like this during such an event ;) and I guess it
has been an official visit as he often is involved in events related
to the Formula One and racing (although it's not been listed as such
at the court circular).

Here's another gallery of nice pics of Andrew today:

** GBR: Celebrities Attend Formula One British Grand Prix **
Ice, the link isn't working for me. Can you check it by chance? THanks!

It still works for me, Russo, but gettyimages links sometimes need a
browser refreshment ;), so you could try that out as well!

Prince Andrew leaving the Harry's bar in Mayfair last night, July 12

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Andrew is at this Harry`s Bar quite a bit lately. Since he doesn`t drink, he must be socializing...I wonder with whom?

Prince Andrew is at this Harry`s Bar quite a bit lately. Since he doesn`t drink, he must be socializing...I wonder with whom?
Financial advisors over the Duchess of York's money problems. .. :whistling:

:previous:

I wondered that myself. Whoever he was meeting with there, he seems pretty pleased with the results of the meeting. :flowers:

I would assume with friends. I go to pubs and clubs here and I don't drink. I go with my friends and I see no reason to assume that Andrew is doing anything different. He and his friends may simply like that bar and there is nothing sinister in his going there at all.

:previous:My dear Bertie, NOBODY said there was ANYTHING SINISTER about PA's visit to Harry's. Rmay was expressing piqued interest just like a lot of us do when we are not in the Royal circle and do not know what was heard, said, or seen.

Oh no. I don't think Andrew was up to anything sinister. I'm just curious because I've seen pictures of him at Harry's Bar a few times recently. :flowers: He looks pretty pleased in the pictures, and for some reason I immediately thought of someone who's just come out of a business meeting and got the deal he wanted.

See? Case closed.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta say...those aren't the most flattering photos of our handsome prince. He looks like Grandfather George VI in the second pic.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! You are right, he does!

I think that's less of a smirk and more of a grimace. I know in his shoes, I'd be grimacing a lot with having to be saddled with a third child!

I love whoever his tailor is, though.

Oh no. I don't think Andrew was up to anything sinister. I'm just curious because I've seen pictures of him at Harry's Bar a few times recently. :flowers: He looks pretty pleased in the pictures, and for some reason I immediately thought of someone who's just come out of a business meeting and got the deal he wanted.

I said 'sinister' in the sense of something other than having a good time - you see something other than being with friends and simply having a good time with them I don't.

I doubt that he would conduct any sort of business deal/discussion in a public place where there are people around who could overhear the discussion. Anything like that would happen in the privacy of his office at BP.

To my way of thinking any business deal being done in a place like that has to have some reason not quite kocher to be being done there and thus you have confirmed my interpretation that you are seeing something 'sinister' - 'come out of a business meeting and got the deal he wanted' sounds like you mean something not quite right considering the location and thus 'sinister' to me.

Of course no one else will agree with my interpretation but you took my original comment and confirmed my interpretation of your original question - that you thought something was happening there other that simply enjoying time with friends - which is what I would expect him to be doing in a public bar.

As to business deals being done in places like that is not quite kosher, you are completely wrong, and not all successful business deals are sinister (you have used the wrong word I believe). My uncle a successful businessman said that many of his best business deals (all kosher) were done on the golf course, not the signing of papers and contracts of course but the preliminary contacts and agreements.
Then of course, the look of satisfaction on his face is perhaps because of someone he met. Wouldn´t it be wonderful if he met someone meaningful to his life and finally put his scatterbrain and extravagant ex wife behind him and got on with his life.

Copy that Wisteria. Both sets of my parents belonged to country clubs and it was amazing what work was done on the links. All kosher, of course!
And Russo has been out to many a bar where collegues and clients were bumped into and a little --kosher--business was taken care of there as well!

Gotta say...those aren't the most flattering photos of our handsome prince. He looks like Grandfather George VI in the second pic.

Well said.:cool: What's wrong with him? Why does he look like this lately? He's only 50, remember? :whistling:

I think Harry's Bar is just the sort of place many an imprtant deal is concluded. It is a well respected place frequented by the great and the good, so it is only obvious that a fair few important decisions are reached there.

Prince Andrew watched play progress during the third round at the British
Open golf tournament over the Old Course, St.Andrews, Scotland 17 July

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

He looks kind of gray. I find that there are times when Andrew looks pale. It seems to come and go. No doubt he's under a HUGE amount of stress right now. I hope that this doesn't have serious effects on his health...high blood pressure and so on.:ermm:

Yeah, he has had a testing few weeks.
Latest according to the "Mail on Sunday" is that he going to Spain next month with Sarah for their annual family holiday.
He's not going to let the recent negative headlines come between them as a family.
Hope Fergie appreciates what she could have thrown away.

Yeah, he has had a testing few weeks.
Latest according to the "Mail on Sunday" is that he going to Spain next month with Sarah for their annual family holiday.
He's not going to let the recent negative headlines come between them as a family.
Hope Fergie appreciates what she could have thrown away.

In these difficult economic times, it would have been a very positive sign if they could have vacationed in the UK, perhaps on the Balmoral estate.

In these difficult economic times, it would have been a very positive sign if they could have vacationed in the UK, perhaps on the Balmoral estate.

Yeah, that's a good point. However, I'm not sure Sarah would be too welcome at Balmoral, especially if other members of the royal family are around.

Some reports were speculating what with the girls getting older, and the recent scandal that we might have seen the last family holiday for
the York's. I'm sure they will go somewhere really private so they are not pictured every day having a ball, without a care in the world.

Yeah, that's a good point. However, I'm not sure Sarah would be too welcome at Balmoral, especially if other members of the royal family are around.

Some reports were speculating what with the girls getting older, and the recent scandal that we might have seen the last family holiday for
the York's. I'm sure they will go somewhere really private so they are not pictured every day having a ball, without a care in the world.

I am sure a remote corner of Balmoral, or perhaps a cotage on the grounds of Sandringham could have been made available. Norfolk has lovely beeches only a short drive from Sandringham.

Interestingly there are many reports of families holidaying together until the kids are well into their 20s and even older these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom