Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 5: November 2009-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Paparazzi ambush, of course! :ROFLMAO:

They must have really caught him off-guard because he didn't seem ready for the flash.

I don't think it was an ambush, you go out, your royal, expect paparazzi.

I just think he's trying to say to the person whose driving, drive faster.

However he hasn't really been followed by the paparazzi for over twenty years. They were more interested in Diana and now his nephews and daughters rather than the 50 year old second son of the monarch.

Last edited by a moderator:
However he hasn't really been followed by the paparazzi for over twenty years. They were more interested in Diana and now his nephews and daughters rather than the 50 year old second son of the monarch.

But it still stands that he is a royal and paparrazi do take pictures of him.

But it still stands that he is a royal and paparrazi do take pictures of him.

I can't remember the last time I ever saw photos of Andrew or any of the Queen's children being taken by the paparazzi. Could you post a link or two to recent photos of Andrew taken by paparazzi? Recent would be in the last year or two.

I can't remember the last time I ever saw photos of Andrew or any of the Queen's children being taken by the paparazzi. Could you post a link or two to recent photos of Andrew taken by paparazzi? Recent would be in the last year or two.

I presume these weren't taken by an "official" photographer, so they would have to have been taken by the paparazzi.

Prince Andrew's Birthday Weekend - Pictures - Zimbio - Birthday weekend
http://i49.tinypic.com/2n0osbt.jpg - March 1st at Claridges.
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/konstantins-70-arskalas/andrew.jpg - 3rd June in London
http://i47.tinypic.com/27zelxv.jpg - Leaving the Dorchester Hotel
http://i45.tinypic.com/2lcqz51.jpg - Leaving Harry's Bar in London on June 14th.

I presume these weren't taken by an "official" photographer, so they would have to have been taken by the paparazzi.
Thank you - the birthday weekend ones do seem somewhat posed suggesting an official photo shoot - for his birthday. The ones at Constantine's birthday - again an official function at which photographers would be expected to be present.

Paparrazzi to me are the sneak photographers not the ones who wait outsite a place for the people to come and go and the people know they are there.

There is a difference between official photos - ones taken formally in BP for instance and ones taken while going to known events and the paparazzi ones which are the ones taken when the person isn't expecting it.

Two events for Prince Andrew today:

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, on Day Eleven of the Wimbledon Lawn
Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet
Club on July 2, 2010 in London, England.

** Pic ** zimbio **

Prince Andrew attending the launch of the On Course charity for injured
servicemen and women at the Royal Household Golf Club in the grounds
of Windsor Castle on July 2, 2010 in Windsor, England.
The charity aims to help rehabilitation of servicemen through golf.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio **

The last picture that I saw of Prince Andrew was a documentary about the Queen. This was a couple of years ago.

Prince Andrew attending the launch of the On Course charity for injured
servicemen and women at the Royal Household Golf Club in the grounds
of Windsor Castle on July 2, 2010 in Windsor, England.
The charity aims to help rehabilitation of servicemen through golf.
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio **
OMGosh! All those limbs gone. I'm glad this is something right up PA's alley. Golf can be very relaxing and good therapy.

...Paparrazzi to me are the sneak photographers not the ones who wait outsite a place for the people to come and go and the people know they are there.
To me the paparazzi are people who take pictures of you at none official photographs. Such as nights out at clubs or bars.
They aren't just people who lurk in bushes trying to get a picture of a woman sneaking out of PA's house etc.

So to you 99% of photographs are taken by paparazzi whereas to me they aren't.

Photographs taken of a person attending a 70th birthday isn't taken by a paparazzi to me but to you they are. To me these are unofficial photographs taken at a known event and thus the attendees know the photographers are there. Paparrazzi to me are the ones who take the photographs the person doesn't want taken and isn't expecting to have taken e.g. William leaving a club drunk but not Andrew attending King Constantine's birthday party. My reading of your post is that we would agree that my first example is taken by a paparazzi but you say the second is but I don't.

I agree that paparrazzi are the ones who take photographs when they aren't wanted. Such as the club visits that Prince Andrew has made, the same goes for any other royal.

I understand your point that King Constantines birthday was an official event, and it would have been known that the papparazzi would be there, but the papps are always going to be where royals are. The people attending the party, didn't "hire" the people who take pictures of them as they leave or enter, they are there of there own accord.

Papparazzi are to me, people who are not asked to take pictures of the royals, at whatever event you have, and then they get paid for the pictures they take. Which seperates them from ordinary people.

So the official photographers of the different media outlets whose job it is to stand outside places like where King Constantine's party was, or the ones who take photos are the Trooping the Colour etc are paparazzi? To me they aren't.

For a high-society celebration, the people going would expect to see photographers there. There would probably also be some kind of security as well so that the photographers don't get too close. In a case like this, the photographers "know their place." They don't yell rude things to get a person's attention. With paparazzi, their attention is unwanted because they're rude and aggressive. They have no respect for the people they are photographing. They try to get pictures of people when they don't look their best or when they're in embarrassing situations.

So the official photographers of the different media outlets whose job it is to stand outside places like where King Constantine's party was, or the ones who take photos are the Trooping the Colour etc are paparazzi? To me they aren't.

To me they are, they haven't been asked to turn up and take pictures so to me that's the definition of a papparazzi.
I think we should agree to disagree. :)

To me they are, they haven't been asked to turn up and take pictures so to me that's the definition of a papparazzi.
I think we should agree to disagree. :)

You may agree to disagree with Iluv, but you are wrong about this and I luv is perfectly correct.
There is a definition of a papparazzo and no photographic reporter sent to take photos at an event would take kindly to being called this.
Anyone going to a big event expects photographers to be present and from what I have witnessed first hand this is to many so called celebrities (do not include royalty) a time to push to the front and pose. :whistling:

You may agree to disagree with Iluv, but you are wrong about this and I luv is perfectly correct.
There is a definition of a papparazzo and no photographic reporter sent to take photos at an event would take kindly to being called this.
Anyone going to a big event expects photographers to be present and from what I have witnessed first hand this is to many so called celebrities (do not include royalty) a time to push to the front and pose. :whistling:

I'm sorry but you can't tell me my opinion is wrong, because no ones opinion is wrong. That is why it is an opinion.
I don't care what the papparazzi think of what I call them.

I am not talking about paparazzi, I am talking about genuine photographers on a mission sent by their employer. I understand that you don´t care for anyone disagreeing with your opinion, that is called being opinionated and you have every right to be as opinionated as you like.

Let's get back on topic and agree to disagree.

Prince Andrew attended the first charitable reception of Samantha Cameron,
wife of Britain's Prime Minister David Cameron, at the Prime Minister's official
residence at Downing Street in central London July 7, 2010.

** Pic 1 **

Why not?
He is an ex-servicemen himself so would have an affinity with these men. He has seen active service so again would have an affinity. He saw men get wounded and even some die. This is a natural place for him to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom