Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 5: November 2009-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very welcome, Opal! Here are more events he attended:

Prince Andrew during a visit to the Franz Mayer Museum of Mexico City,
Mexico, 10 February 2010, where he presented the International Prize
to the Creative Young Entrepreneur of Design 2010, which seeks to boost
the development and creativity of people between ages 18 and 40. The
prize is a program designed by the British Council, that has rewarded the
talent and initiative of young entrepreneurs who belong to the design,
fashion, music and communication industries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Andrew during his visit to a gas compression plant of the Mexican
state-owned petroleum company Petroleos Mexicanos, Pemex, in the city
of Emiliano Zapata, Mexico, on 11 February 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

BBC News - Prince Andrew 'hit Met officer' with car outside palace

Prince Andrew 'hit Met officer' with car outside palace
Police are investigating an incident in which Prince Andrew allegedly struck a police officer while driving into Buckingham Palace. The Duke of York reportedly struck a uniformed officer as the policeman tried to move two Japanese tourists out of the way of the Prince's 4x4 car.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I like Prince Andrew, I hope that he will face the same consequences as anyone else if the accident was caused by speeding or driver inattention. I also hope that the officer will be properly compensated for time missed from work because of this.

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Mexico's President Felipe Calderon
meet at Los Pinos Residence in Mexico City February 12, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Last edited:
As much as I like Prince Andrew, I hope that he will face the same consequences as anyone else if the accident was caused by speeding or driver inattention. I also hope that the officer will be properly compensated for time missed from work because of this.

Having read the stories it seems that the officer was touched on the arm by the car and is back at work after no more than 10 days.

From reading it I would imagine that the penalty would be similar to here - a relatively small fine.

When I hit a young boy on a pedestrian crossing I was fined $AUS100 but the fine would now be about $AUS500 and a couple of points on my license.

That boy was hospitalised with a broken leg.

I am not condoning my actions, or Andrew's, but let's not turn this into a jailable offence.

By the way - when asked if I have a criminal conviction I am legally able to answer No because it was a traffic offence not a criminal offence - I don't know if there is that distinction in Britian for minor injuries like this.

I mind add I have twice been hit in the arm by cars as I was standing on footpaths and the cars were going a bit too fast and too close to the kurb (hit by the mirrors as is reported to have happened in this case) and didn't need any days off work or even to see a doctor - just had a small bruise on the arm for a couple of days.

I think that there is a lot of 'let's attack Andrew because he can't answer back and have another go at the royals' rather than a real criminal case here - not condoning Andrew not stopping but understanding that due to security concerns that is something the royals have been told not to do.

Sounds like the injuries were quite minor then. I remember Andrew being pilloried once because he didn't stop to help Sarah up when she stumbled while pregnant. If I remember correctly, he did look back but kept onto the waiting car as his training had taught him to. I certainly have no desire to recommend jail time for Andrew or to heap abuse on him. He gets much more of that than he deserves IMO. :flowers:

Well done. I like Andrew's speaking voice. Totally un stuffy.

Thats a pretty forthright interview!

Yes, we know this, it was reported in the PA thread some time ago. Is there a reason (besides allegations of PA being "bought" that they raised last time as well) that this is being brought up again?

"Buckingham Palace has confirmed none of the parties are being paid for by taxpayers."

Well good. PA doesn't need the headache that would cause.

Aren´t there some new official portraits being made? I mean, 50 is a milestone, isn´t it?

Aren´t there some new official portraits being made? I mean, 50 is a milestone, isn´t it?

There may be and probably are but whether the public will know about them is another matter.

If the Queen commissioned a new portrait of her son and decided to hang it in her private apartments and not let the public see it that is her business and the same thing for anyone else.

We have been told that Sarah and the girls have had something done for him but of them not of him.

Prince Andrew's Birthday Weekend:

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, spends his 50th birthday weekend on the
slopes of Verbier with ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, and
their two daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, February
20, 2010:

** zimbio gallery 1 ** * ** zimbio gallery 2 **

The typical characteristic of an "official" photo is to be official., in other words, made for the public.
I´m not talking about private shots the Queen puts into one of her frames...

Thanks iceflower. It looks like they had fun skiing. I thought perhaps Eugenie might take along her new boyfriend but alas.

Maybe her boyfriend realizes that as soon as he steps out in public with Eugenie, he exposes himself to the media. I don't blame him for not wanting to deal with that until he has to (if he turns out to be a serious boyfriend).

Thank-you, iceflower, for the Prince Andrew birthday pics! I have been searching for some.:)

To anyone who has celebrated a 50th birthday, it's an all-too-familiar post-party sight.
First there's the trip down to the bottle bank with all the empties. Then the birthday boy emerges looking a little grey around the gills.
In this case, the party was for Prince Andrew who marked his half century with a party in the Swiss ski resort of Verbier with ex-wife Fergie and their daughters.
The morning after the night before, one of his aides was given the task of lugging a crate of empty bottles down a hill to the recycling bank.

The Queen is due to throw a party for him at Buckingham Palace next Thursday.
And the night after that there will be another party for friends at St James's Palace.

Prince Andrew celebrates his 50th birthday with a party for his family at a Swiss ski resort | Mail Online

Prince Andrew visited the new Lotus Formula 1 Race team HQ
in Hingham, Norfolk, Britain - Februray 23, 2010.

Prince Andrew paid a visit to the car company's Norfolk-based
HQ and was shown around the workroom by team principal Tony
Fernandes. The pair have worked closely over the past few years
and it was the duke who advised the partnership between UK
Lotus and Malaysian officials at the beginning of 2009, which
helped secure the entry and creation of the Lotus Racing T127
grand prix car.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Now that The Duke of York has turned 50, I'd like to see a serious biography written about him. :flowers:

Now that The Duke of York has turned 50, I'd like to see a serious biography written about him. :flowers:

What on earth could they say? He is so boring. It would probably be like King George V´s biography, wasn´t it said that he was interesting enough when he was a young cadet at sea but then until he died he seemed to do little more than shoot animals on his estates.
With Andrew it would be shooting golf balls. :flowers:

I think all the BRF are fairly boring people. The Queen is not exactly known for a scintilating wit or imagination, but she and other members of her family are worthy subjects for biographies because of who they are and the interesting places and people they encounter and interact with. A good biographer can make anyone interesting. I found Queen Mary's biography by Pope-Hennessy a fascinating read.

The Queen would be extremely interesting. She was the ninth youngest to ever take the crown, actually served during WWII and has reigned through the continuing change of what was, less than a century ago, the world's most powerful empire.

Other members are bit more of a stretch, partially because they would never reveal anything juicy (for obvious reasons), but a couple for them might be worthwhile, William and Harry and possibly Anne being the ones I'd think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom