Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 5: November 2009-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goga was the mistress of and had a child with Timur Kulibayev, who is the son-in-law of the president or prime minister, I think. He was the one who bought Sunninghill for far above the asking price.

Goga Ashkenazi and Kulibayev are pretty influential in Kazakhstan. I've read that Goga Ashkenazi's father was well up in the ranks of the Soviet government when Kazahkstan was part of the Soviet Union--especially high up considering that he was from a poorer region of the country and belonged to a more dark-skinned ethnic group that was usually ostracized. Goga has also been very successful for a young woman--I believe she has shares in the oil and gas business. Kulibayev...the one who reportedly bought Sunninghill...controls a lot of the oil and gas industry in Kazakhstan; he's supposed to be one of the most influential people in the industry and controls some of the other major industries in Kazahkstan as well. He is currently under criminal investigation for multiple charges of bribery and corruption.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today the new Grand Prix circuit at Silverstone was launched,
Frank White, the Bishop of Brixworth blessed the track in the
presence of Prince Andrew and other dignataries. Later Prince
Andrew got a special tour:

Damon Hill the President of the BRDC took HRH Prince Andrew,
the Duke of York for a few laps in a specially adapted two seater
car during the launch of the new Grand Prix circuit at Silverstone
on April 29, 2010 in Northampton, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages **

:previous: That looks like fun! The white suit makes him look quite slim. :cool:

Thats a good point, he says he hates his name, but does nothing to get rid of it.

Prince Andrew 'was involved in Sunninghill sale' | Mail Online

Prince Andrew was involved in the controversial sale of his former home to an oil tycoon for £3million more than the market price, it was claimed yesterday.

The allegation from Goga Ashkenazi, who has been romantically linked with the prince, contradicts Buckingham Palace's assertion that he had kept out of the deal

Of course he was, he has to help pay for his daughters and ex wife, doesn't he? And Sarah hasn't been known to shop at Wal-Mart or clip coupons. :whistling:

I don't see anything in this article to contradict the claims by BP that the negotiations were made by the lawyers and Andrew was kept out of it.
The article explains how they met and then that a deal was struck but not who was involved in those negotiations.

I can invision something like this happening.

Andrew and the other guy are introduced and start having a conversation in which the topic of the house comes up. The Kazakh guy asks for some details and Andrew directs them to the lawyers who do the actual negotiating - thus Andrew wasn't involved and BP is telling the truth.

Typical DM to twist a comment to be negative to Andrew. I do wonder what stories the DM will come up with when they have achieved their agenda and Britain is a republic - as they have been trashing the royal family for years and the public are buying it.

Probably just as well if PA weren't involved, he might not have squeezed that extra 3 million pounds out of the place as we all know what excellent condition Sunninghill was in.

As Special Representative for International Trade and Investment
Prince Andrew is in Malaysia from May 17 till May 20.

Today he attended the official launch of HSBC Amanah Malaysia
Cheras branch in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Wednesday, May 19, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Probably just as well if PA weren't involved, he might not have squeezed that extra 3 million pounds out of the place as we all know what excellent condition Sunninghill was in.

But Sunninghill was in good condition when it was sold. It was then left to rot by the Kazakh buyer not Andrew. He moved into Royal Lodge after the QM died, sold Sunninghill in 2005 and since then it has been left to rot.

Prince Andrew during a luncheon at the 6th World Islamic Economic Forum
entitled "Boosting UK Trade with the Islamic World: The Road Ahead" in
Kuala Lumpur on May 20, 2010. Malaysia urged Muslim countries to lead
the way in advocating the Islamic finance sector, saying it expects the
"positive trends" for the burgeoning industry to continue.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Prince Andrew during a visit to Spatial, a Computer Software firm in
Cambridge, England Tuesday May 25, 2010. Prince Andrew ignored
journalists as he made his first public appearance following the
money scandal of his former wife.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

He looks fine. Ignoring the journalists is a smart thing to do. But I wonder how he feels about the situation...

Ignoring the journalists for RIGHT NOW is the smart thing to do. He will have to make a statement soon. Hopefully, the statement he will make is that he supports Sarah to make good on her finances--though doesn't mean he'll PAY them-- though it is an unfortunately incident on her part and he hopes she gets the help she needs.

I would be surprised if Andrew made a statement about the situation at all. BP have already said that Andrew carries out his duties with utmost integrity, and that is the end of the matter.

I think the right thing would be to make a statement. A nice statement thought. Like Russo said hopefully he'll support her, it would be terrible to publicly reprimand her.

There must be an orange glow over BP right now. I can't imagine what Prince Phillip is saying. Yikes.

The royals tend not to make statements to the press and I doubt very much if Andrew will make one now.

Prince Andrew watching the England vs. Bangladesh cricket
test match, Lord's, London, Britain - May 27, 2010.

** Pic **

Prince Andrew leaving the Dorchester Hotel, London, Britain - 03 Jun 2010

I wonder if that's a doggy bag he carries..:)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

He looks like he's whistling in Pic 2: "I'm a prince but I'm leaving with a doggy bag:whistling:." Love it!:)

he looks so handsome! Does someone here know if there is a reaction known of him after the new scandal with Sarah??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom