The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Princesses plot Prince Andrew's 50th party | Mail Online

His last significant milestone - his 40th birthday - was arranged by his ex-wife, who with typical flamboyance invited three of his ex-girlfriends to join the celebrations.

But next month, Prince Andrew's 50th birthday is expected to be a more muted affair, as it is his daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie who are arranging it and not their mother, the Duchess of York.
I think the Yorks have been rather "muted" in their birthdays of late. Take for instance Eugenie's 18th, Beatrice's 21st and Sarah's 50th. All have been anything but extravagant. One would assume Andrew's party won't be a hugely wild gathering either. If he has a birthday party at his home in Windsor it would be far easier to keep it private.

Remember too the girls are at an age where they are capable of planning a party. After all if you wind the clock back 10 years they were far too young turning 12 and 10 years old.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Well with the economy in the toilet like it is, it wouldn't do for any of them to have an extravagant bash, now would it?

Old 02-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Prince Andrew as Special Representative for International Trade and Investment
will travel to Panama from 7th-9th February and will then visit Mexico from the
9th-12th!
_
Old 02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness

Apparently Andrew was at Eugenie's school yesterday to open a building there. She wasn't present, though.

The Duke of York opened Newcastle University’s student and administrative services building (From The Northern Echo)
Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie.M View Post
I think the Yorks have been rather "muted" in their birthdays of late.
Remember too that the tradition within the royal family is for large 21st birthdays but because of the significance of the dates surrounding Beatrice's 18th she was given the large 18th rather than 21st. Eugenie is more likely to have the large 21st in the same way that the Queen's children and other grandchildren have had.

Sarah's 50th of course wasn't a royal affair because she isn't royal but Andrew will be having a royal celebration in concert with his sister, who will be having her 60th this year. The same thing happened 10 years ago when it was a combined 40th and 50th given by the Queen.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:18 AM
Administrator

A handout picture released by the Chancellery of Panama shows
Panamanian Foreign Minister Juan Carlos Varela talking with Prince
Andrew, Duke of York during their meeting in Panama City, 08
February 2010.

----------> Pic

And here are some pics from today:

Prince Andrew visits the House of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture
of Panama February 9, 2010. Prince Andrew on Tuesday met with
Panamanian businessmen to discuss business opportunities between
both countries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 02-10-2010, 03:16 AM
Administrator

The Panama visit is over, now Andrew is in Mexico!

Prince Andrew, Duke of York being received by the United Kingdom
ambassador in Mexico Judith Macgregor upon his arrival at the Mexico
city airport on February 09.2010. Prince Andrew will be in Mexico for
a four days visit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 AM
Administrator

Pics 10.2.2010

Prince Andrews, Duke of York, speaks during a meeting with the
employers at the industrial club on February 10, 2010 in Mexico
City, Mexico.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 02-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Serene Highness

He's aged pretty well!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for keeping us updated on his trip Iceflower. He does look good for his age.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Administrator

You are very welcome, Opal! Here are more events he attended:

Prince Andrew during a visit to the Franz Mayer Museum of Mexico City,
Mexico, 10 February 2010, where he presented the International Prize
to the Creative Young Entrepreneur of Design 2010, which seeks to boost
the development and creativity of people between ages 18 and 40. The
prize is a program designed by the British Council, that has rewarded the
talent and initiative of young entrepreneurs who belong to the design,
fashion, music and communication industries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Andrew during his visit to a gas compression plant of the Mexican
state-owned petroleum company Petroleos Mexicanos, Pemex, in the city
of Emiliano Zapata, Mexico, on 11 February 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Majesty

BBC News - Prince Andrew 'hit Met officer' with car outside palace

Prince Andrew 'hit Met officer' with car outside palace
Police are investigating an incident in which Prince Andrew allegedly struck a police officer while driving into Buckingham Palace. The Duke of York reportedly struck a uniformed officer as the policeman tried to move two Japanese tourists out of the way of the Prince's 4x4 car.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Majesty

As much as I like Prince Andrew, I hope that he will face the same consequences as anyone else if the accident was caused by speeding or driver inattention. I also hope that the officer will be properly compensated for time missed from work because of this.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Mexico's President Felipe Calderon
meet at Los Pinos Residence in Mexico City February 12, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **
Old 02-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Airmiles Andy? Well, I've certainly been called worse

Prince Andrew talks frankly about living with Fergie again, denies being a freeloader - and launches a scathing attack on the greed of bankers and politicians.

Duke of York: Falklands turned me into a man

The Duke of York has spoken about his family, work and his aspirations for the future in a rare interview to mark his 50th birthday.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
As much as I like Prince Andrew, I hope that he will face the same consequences as anyone else if the accident was caused by speeding or driver inattention. I also hope that the officer will be properly compensated for time missed from work because of this.

Having read the stories it seems that the officer was touched on the arm by the car and is back at work after no more than 10 days.

From reading it I would imagine that the penalty would be similar to here - a relatively small fine.

When I hit a young boy on a pedestrian crossing I was fined $AUS100 but the fine would now be about $AUS500 and a couple of points on my license.

That boy was hospitalised with a broken leg.

I am not condoning my actions, or Andrew's, but let's not turn this into a jailable offence.

By the way - when asked if I have a criminal conviction I am legally able to answer No because it was a traffic offence not a criminal offence - I don't know if there is that distinction in Britian for minor injuries like this.

I mind add I have twice been hit in the arm by cars as I was standing on footpaths and the cars were going a bit too fast and too close to the kurb (hit by the mirrors as is reported to have happened in this case) and didn't need any days off work or even to see a doctor - just had a small bruise on the arm for a couple of days.

I think that there is a lot of 'let's attack Andrew because he can't answer back and have another go at the royals' rather than a real criminal case here - not condoning Andrew not stopping but understanding that due to security concerns that is something the royals have been told not to do.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

Andrew has given another interview.
They interviewed Beatrice as well, somehow. It looks like she was interviewed on the front lawn of maybe Royal Lodge? because there's a picture of her along with the article. It's too bad there are no video clips.

Duke Of Yorks Prince Andrew Speaks To Sky News To Mark His 50th Birthday | UK News | Sky News
Old 02-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Majesty

Sounds like the injuries were quite minor then. I remember Andrew being pilloried once because he didn't stop to help Sarah up when she stumbled while pregnant. If I remember correctly, he did look back but kept onto the waiting car as his training had taught him to. I certainly have no desire to recommend jail time for Andrew or to heap abuse on him. He gets much more of that than he deserves IMO.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

The video of the interview with Andrew (and Beatrice) has been posted. I was hoping for that because I wanted to see Beatrice speak about her dad. I like the way Beatrice presents herself. Very open and friendly and no airs.

Duke Of Yorks Prince Andrew Speaks To Sky News To Mark His 50th Birthday | UK News | Sky News
Old 02-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness

Well done. I like Andrew's speaking voice. Totally un stuffy.

Closed Thread