The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Serene Highness

Someone obviously told the Daily Mall and I doubt it was Prince Andrew that told them what he had for dinner or his activities for the day.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Aristocracy

I found it strange how detailed the article was. Given all the negative articles Richard Kay & the daily mail put out about PA it's not like PA would pick up his blackberry to call them and say " Dude guess what happened last night".

Old 10-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
I found it strange how detailed the article was. Given all the negative articles Richard Kay & the daily mail put out about PA it's not like PA would pick up his blackberry to call them and say " Dude guess what happened last night".
I know, right! Of course it wasn't Prince Andrew, so that leaves only one person--the girl. (Or a bodyguard/member of the staff.) I'm kind of surprised PA would trust this girl after she talked about her meeting with him before, but who knows?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Aristocracy

I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt. I want to see him with someone who won't throw him under the bus. Given how times the bus has run over him then backed up and run over him again he deserves better. The article just seems suspect to me.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I know, right! Of course it wasn't Prince Andrew, so that leaves only one person--the girl. (Or a bodyguard/member of the staff.) I'm kind of surprised PA would trust this girl after she talked about her meeting with him before, but who knows?
If the article is true then I think you would have to be suspicious of the girl (I just have a feeling that the staff in that very inner inner inner circle at the palace would have proven themselves to be loyal by now).
To mean it seems the girl (with more than a little help from Mr. Clifford) seems determined to build her career around that trip on the yacht.
Having said that if it is true I don't think it's any big deal, he probably shows people around the palace regularly, I don't thank there's anything more to it.
On the other hand to give her the benefit of the doubt, she has moved permanantly to Milan and has started a new job with Versace, and all her recent posts on her twitter page have all been from Milan so something about the article doesn't ring true.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Serene Highness

The story might not be true, but I don't think they'd actually print it with a quote from Max Clifford if it wasn't. However, I agree that there's nothing "wrong" with PA showing the girl around Buckingham Palace.

What I wonder about is how the Daily Mail finds out those things. A month ago or so, there was a very brief piece about how a member of Prince Andrew's staff had told the newspaper, "Prince Andrew was very surprised that you telephoned him at his private villa in Spain--how did you get the number?" Apparently he had only spent one night there and flew there privately, so it is a bit of a surprise if the Daily Mail is telling the truth and they actually phoned his number.

I don't know how they get the information, but it probably means that someone in Andrew's extended circle is talking. That's never a good thing if you're a royal.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Aristocracy

I smell a rat.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I do hope he pops over to the Ryder Cup at some point. Would be nice to see him.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Majesty

So do I. A very stinky one.

Quote:
I smell a rat.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy

If the girl in indeed is the one who told then it's sad. According the article she spent spent 6 hours with him and it was around or after 1am when she was returned to her hotel. As Mama always told us girls " ain't nothing open at that time of night.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Administrator

Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, sits watching a military parade held on October 10,
2010 in Hanoi.
Thousands of goose-stepping soldiers marched past the tomb of Vietnam's founding
president Ho Chi Minh for the country's largest military display in years. The parade,
part of a ceremony for the city of Hanoi's millennium celebrations, is a display of
national pride that also sends a subtle message to Vietnam's giant neighbour China
with the two sides in dispute over territory in the South China Sea.

** Pic **

** ukinvietnam.fco.gov.uk: HRH Prince Andrew, Duke of York visits Vietnam **
Old 10-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well I thought he was sat at home putting his feet up, nice to see him travelling so far out.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Actually it was you who among others generously provided the dates of
his visit on the previous page, Lumutqueen

Prince Andrew met with Vietnamese President Nguyen Minh Triet at the
presidential palace in Hanoi on October 11, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 10-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Andrew¿s friend the Abu Dhabi prince - and the £3billion windfarm off Britain that could earn the Queen millions | Mail Online

Quote:
An Arab royal who frequently entertains Prince Andrew has secured a multi million-pound stake in the world’s biggest windfarm in a deal that could earn a fortune for the Queen.

Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan – the brother of the ruler of Abu Dhabi – has been friends with Andrew since their days at Gordonstoun School in Scotland.

His energy company, Masdar, owns 20 per cent of the planned £3 billion London Array windfarm in the Thames Estuary. And last night questions were raised about the Duke of York’s possible role in facilitating the deal.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Aristocracy

Poor PA it just seems to me like the Daily Mail really has a axe to grind with him.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Poor PA it just seems to me like the Daily Mail really has a axe to grind with him.
DAILY MailICIOUS; EXCLUSIVE: Fergie's furious letter to a newspaper which accused her of having a public row with Prince Andrew.. and then refused to publish an apology requested by Princess Beatrice. - Free Online Library

You are absolutely right. I think it might go as far back as 2002 when Sarah wrote to the Daily Mail to set the record straight about an article which upset the family. It was unheard of at the time, and ever since it seems the DM takes every opportunity it can to criticise Andrew, Sarah and the girls.
At the time I'm sure Fergie felt she was within her rights to respond, but maybe it has backfired because the DM seem to be on their case since.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't that why the BRF generally ignores that sort of thing and leaves it up to their secretaries to handle?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Prince Andrew met with Lebanese Prime Minister saad Hariri during his visit to
London, November 1st, 2010. Bilateral relations were discussed during the
meeting.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **
Old 11-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Majesty

Duke of York launches scathing attack on 'hopeless' MoD - Telegraph

Duke of York launches scathing attack on 'hopeless' MoD

The Duke of York has launched an extraordinary attack on the “hopeless” Ministry of Defence for failing to order an armoured vehicle that could save British soldiers’ lives.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness

An article about another topic:

Prince Andrew is locked out of home | The Sun |News|Royals

Closed Thread