The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:13 AM
Administrator

And today he's in Shanghai!

Prince Andrew and Fu Ying, Chinese vice minister of the Foreign Affairs attend
the flag-rising ceremony at the Shanghai Expo site in celebration of the UK
Pavilion Day Wednesday, September 8, 2010 in Shanghai, China.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Old 09-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I wondered if anyone would visit the EXPO on behalf of the UK.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

May he enjoy his time in Shanghai. He always deserves the best!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Majesty

I'm guessing that this brother is Prince Charles, not Prince Edward. They really don't seem to have much contact with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
'He laughed and said, “I don’t even have my brother’s *telephone num*ber. I talk to my bodyguard, my bodyguard talks to his bodyguard and he talks to him.” ’
That would explain why the house was left to wreck and ruin. It was a place to invest some cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
Unofficial Royalty is reporting on its web site (they have stories from today's London Daily Mail and the London Telegraph) that his old home was purchased with tainted money.

No one believes that he knew anything about the alleged scam and BP has denied that he had any knowledge.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Aristocracy

Why are people always talking about money when they talk about Andrew and Sarah?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergalicious View Post
Why are people always talking about money when they talk about Andrew and Sarah?
Considering that she's been living off of him for the last few years it's kinda goes hand in hand with most discussion about them.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
Considering that she's been living off of him for the last few years it's kinda goes hand in hand with most discussion about them.
Copy that--and throw in a lot of the UK population aren't sure they are getting the most bang for their buck with HRH as Foreign trade rep.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'm guessing that this brother is Prince Charles, not Prince Edward. They really don't seem to have much contact with each other.

Possibly but she had been talking about her 'younger' brother so it would seem sensible to assume that Andrew was also talking about his younger brother.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergalicious View Post
Because that's all there is to talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
You put it so sucintly silver_bic.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think so. They are good people in my opinion. Andrew has worked hard for his country and still does. :-)
Old 09-11-2010, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

For once you've hit the nail on the head

"Andrew has worked hair for his country"

and now his ex-wife is living off that hard work.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Air Miles Andy and the £5,000 trip to present a golf trophy | Mail Online

Quote:
The Duke of York spent £5,000 of taxpayers’ money using a helicopter of the Queen’s Flight to present a golf trophy.

The latest jaunt by the 50-year-old Duke – nicknamed Air Miles Andy because of his regular use of luxury air travel – came when he travelled to Royal St George’s golf club at Sandwich, Kent, to present prizes for an under-18s competition.

He boarded the helicopter at Royal Lodge, Windsor, and flew 120 miles to Kent in 40 minutes on Thursday.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Well.. someone is keeping tabs on the carbon footprints eh? I'd not blame it all on Andrew though.

He IS an avid golfer and this competition was for golfers under 18. He also had appointments for meetings at KP.

His offices sets up appointments? Perhaps they should wipe their feet a bit?
Old 09-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Majesty

Spending over two hours in a car (four, altogether, if you include the return trip) to present a golf trophy would be a spectacular waste of time, particularly since he had to get back for meetings. The DM just doesn't like the Yorks.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Spending over two hours in a car (four, altogether, if you include the return trip) to present a golf trophy would be a spectacular waste of time, particularly since he had to get back for meetings. The DM just doesn't like the Yorks.
The DM doesn't like the royals anymore since they stopped having their lifeline with Diana.

They dislike Charles and Camilla, the Yorks, the Wessexes (if they ever mention them). They aren't too keen on William and Kate.

Only the Queen usually gets positive press from them. The other might occasionally but mostly it is negative about all the royals.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The DM doesn't like the royals anymore since they stopped having their lifeline with Diana.

They dislike Charles and Camilla, the Yorks, the Wessexes (if they ever mention them). They aren't too keen on William and Kate.

Only the Queen usually gets positive press from them. The other might occasionally but mostly it is negative about all the royals.
I did see a positive article about Harry recently, but otherwise I would agree. Oh, and also a positive article about Princess Anne on her birthday. I think the Daily Mail tends to be positive about the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Anne. But other than that, the negative articles about all the royals make me think the editorial staff at the Daily Mail is pushing for an end to the royal family when Charles becomes king.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Majesty

The Daily Mail should consider not killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
But other than that, the negative articles about all the royals make me think the editorial staff at the Daily Mail is pushing for an end to the royal family when Charles becomes king.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Not to go TOTALLY OFF TOPIC but I can't imagine that there is anyone that the Daily Mail likes. They seem to like going after the rich no matter who they are.

Unfortunately for Andrew (as it relates to this thread) sometimes he gives them ammunition and sometimes they make a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Nobility

Does anyone know what his schedule will be like in Singapore. Does anyone know where we can go to see him on his official engagements?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Majesty

All the Monarchy website has to say is that he'll be in Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong, and China for several days.

Perhaps there will be press releases in Singapore closer to the actual dates?

Search future engagements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan View Post
Does anyone know what his schedule will be like in Singapore. Does anyone know where we can go to see him on his official engagements?

Closed Thread