The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Indeed. Although one would HOPE that Prince Andrew would show a bit of discretion and keep his nose clean for a bit, so to speak.
Why should he?
The scandal was nothing to do with him dating girls, it had something to do with his ex wife who was trying to sell him.
Andrew looks happy for the first time in ages in those pictures, even when you saw him leaving the Dorchester he looked unhappy.
Sarah is the one in the wrong.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why should he?
Because he's a PRINCE of the BRF. This is something adults need to do.
Tact and dipolomacy. Something Russo has in short supply though admires in others.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Okay I can understand him being "tactful" if he was actually dating or seeing this woman, but we have no idea that he is. He might have met her on holiday.

The two posters I responded to with my comments that Andrew should go about his day to day life, was because IMO they were suggesting that he should stay low because of the scandal. When the scandal had nothing to do with except his name, and nothing to do with who he dates.
The story would have been printed whether Sarah had tried to sell him or not.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

He probably did and most likely won't see her again. However! He is STILL a Prince of the BRF and ought to know that the papp's are lying in wait everywhere to get a glimpse of those sexy moobs he sports.
He should go about his day to day life. That helps things blow over easier and might give PA some breathing room to sort out Sarah's mess.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Dang it all, I hope Andrew's frolicking away.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

And just because the press are lying in wait for him, means he should wear a t-shirt and not get a sun tan on those "moobs"?
The press are lying in wait for every member of every royal family wherever they go. In Norway they just photographed they 9 years old Princess Ingrid-Alexandra on her way to school. Every royal knows, some ex-royals even use it to their advantage, but that can't stop him smiling with a girl who makes him smile.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Well you suggested in your previous post that:
And just because the press are lying in wait for him, means he should wear a t-shirt and not get a sun tan on those "moobs"?

So I suggested the tanning bed.

I think PA should be having fun, however, I think he should be discreet about it. There are more articles out there (The Daily Mail) about Sarah's spending and wasteful habits and whether we like that or not, it STILL reflects upon PA and the BRF.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

How does it reflect badly upon PA and the BRF? PA slightly, but has there been any talk that it has affected the rest of the other members? Or the monarchy itself?

PA is having fun, and he should after what his ex wife has put him through, and like I said that is the first time I have seen him smiling for real, not a forced one and I don't think he should hide that from anyone.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Go check out the Daily Mail and you shall see.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Go check out the Daily Mail and you shall see.
The Daily Mail? Really?
This scandal reflects badly on no one except the woman who started it. Sarah Ferguson.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness

Since Prince Andrew has been divorced for a very long time, it he's seeing someone, it's not a issue and shouldn't be made an issue.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Since Prince Andrew has been divorced for a very long time, it he's seeing someone, it's not a issue and shouldn't be made an issue.
That's right. However, Prince Andrew isn't just ANYBODY.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with Lumutqueen that it was nice to see Prince Andrew really smiling. He did look happy for awhile and I don't think that there is a lot of happiness in his life.

It also wasn't a bad PR move. Everyone was talking about PA and the beautiful girl. And not PA and Sarah.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

Agree Kakieanne with both statements. I think thought when the news broke about Prince Andrew's romance that it was a smart PR move. I think deep down he is appalled at the Duchess. He might finally fall in love and get married because of it and now his girls are young adults.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Majesty

That's my impression as well. How do we know that there weren't other people around when the photos on the yacht were taken? It's interesting that this woman was later seen having lunch with Max Clifford. She has a degree in Public Relations, and now the public certainly knows about her. But I agree also with those who say that Prince Andrew should be more careful. I don't think that he had any idea that there were photographers around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The photos gave me no indication of a romance. PA might be perceived to be "flirting," but it doesn't look that way to me.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

New health scare for Bee Gee twin Robin Gibb | Mail Online

So Andrew was in Spain with Sarah and the girls to celebrate Beatrice's birthday (scroll down for the piece on Andrew). It seems like the Daily Mail reporters are everywhere...the article says they found the phone number of his villa in Spain.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh look, it's the sexy moobs picture out and about again. . . .
Old 08-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Andrew's texts to Alexandra Escat to stay silent | Mail Online

Oh dear.

I get the impression people think it's a great idea for Andrew to date whatever cute young model or socialite comes his way. The way I see it is that many such women would not be into Andrew for the right reasons. And even if they were, it's still easy for the media to persuade or even trick people into spilling information about their personal relationships.

I have a feeling Andrew is probably regretting ever hanging out on that yacht with the girl right now. The Daily Mail just won't stop trying to make more out of this story.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Isnt' Richard Kay a little less than accurate on these things???
Old 08-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Administrator

And more evidence that the Daily Mail wont' let this go. Of course, she didn't have to take them up on their offer. I have a question....is everyone for sale these days? What happened to the days of keeping something like this to yourself, and sharing the story with your grandkids?

----------------------------------
It is the sort of setting that might see any man cast caution to the wind.

Standing astride the top deck of a super yacht off the Emerald Coast in the company of a beautiful young brunette, even the most unromantic chap might be stirred to a sweet nothing or two.

Unless, that is, you are Prince Andrew, Duke of York. In which case you gaze at the nubile beauty before you, hold her hand gently, lean in and enquire: ‘Which country do you think England has been at war with for the longest total duration over the years?

Read more: Andrew asked me again to rub cream into his back. I'd barely met him - AND he is a royal. But I couldn't say no twice, could I? | Mail Online

Closed Thread