The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Looks like Goga to me, I read something last month about some business forum in Sardinia this month, maybe mixing business with pleasure, a working holiday and sure why not.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

They got it right with Sarah, Duchess of York and then used 'The' with the capital 'T' at the beginning of the sentence which is perfectly acceptable - having given her correct form earlier in the passage. If it is in the middle of the sentence they would be also correct to say 'the' with a small 'T'. It would be incorrect to refer to her as 'The' capital 'T' in the middle of a sentence. To not us 'The' at the beginning of the passage they would have to say 'Sarah, Duchess of York, each time as 'Sarah' alone would mean that she was a member of the royals as only royals should get their Christian name alone (along with Popes).

What annoys me is the number of papers and other places though that refer to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Sophie, Countess of Wessex, as they are giving them the divorced style.

It is time that there was an education campaign run from the appropriate authorities to get the press to know how to refer to people.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Only a week ago, he was pictured looking glum after disembarking a five-star cruise ship chartered by the Queen for a family trip round the Western Isles in Scotland.
Now Prince Andrew has found something to smile about after heading to the Mediterranean with friends.
The Duke of York was pictured in casual attire as he lunched with a group which included an attractive dark-haired woman - said to be the wife of one of the friends in his party.
What a difference a week makes: Smiling Prince Andrew enjoys lunch on holiday with beautiful mystery friend | Mail Online

Quote:
His playful grin, bare chest and evident delight as he laps up the sun are a world away from the stuffy family holiday of last week.
And no wonder, for Prince Andrew’s stunning companion on holiday in Sardinia would put a smile on any man’s face.
While 1,000-piece jigsaws were required to while away the time with the Queen and the rest of the royals on their 11-day Scottish tour, the Duke of York needed nothing more than his beautiful friend and a bottle of sunscreen to keep him happy on a luxury superyacht in the Mediterranean.
Prince Andrew's yacht frolics with a beautiful brunette | Mail Online
Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Courtier

Yeah! That's better, Andrew.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

He looks awful and has really let himself go since leaving the navy hasn't he?

He also is making a fool of himself with this woman who is closer in age to Beatrice than to him from all accounts, and married to boot.

Sorry but this is appalling behaviour from a man who is 50 - I hate men who go after much younger women.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Prince Andrew spotted with beautiful brunette as he holidays in the Med - hellomagazine.com
Old 08-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Administrator

iluvbertie...how do you know she is married?

Old 08-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
iluvbertie...how do you know she is married?
Both articles I posted tell the story that she is the wife of one of his friends.

Quote:
The Duke of York was pictured in casual attire as he lunched with a group which included an attractive dark-haired woman - said to be the wife of one of the friends in his party.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

The photos gave me no indication of a romance. PA might be perceived to be "flirting," but it doesn't look that way to me.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Serene Highness

Sheesh. He needs a bit of sun and some excersise.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Sorry but this is appalling behaviour from a man who is 50 - I hate men who go after much younger women.
Some do it because they CAN and some as a status symbol. Think The Donald and his wives.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I understand this woman is the wife of a friend, so this is a non-story.

But if Andrew were having a fling with a much younger single woman, of, say, 30, why shouldn't he? If I were 50 and single and had a handsome 30 year old man seriously interested in me, would I say "No, go away, you're too young, I only go out with men my own age!" *snort* Of course not! I might be a little surprised, mind you, but I'd manage to get over that.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Yeah! That's better, Andrew.
Do you really think so? Just because a woman isn`t Sarah doesn`t mean she`s a good candidate for Andrew.

The first thing I thought of when I saw those pictures was much more along the line of what Iluvbertie said, possibly apart from "I hate men who go after much younger women." I wouldn`t put it that strongly, because in theory I suppose it`s possible for there to be a real partnership between people of different ages. I also think it`s completely normal for a man to be attracted to a younger woman, because let`s face it, younger women are more attractive.

But...even if that woman wasn`t married...do you think she would have any real interest in Andrew?

That`s why I think Andrew looks silly. For some reason I think older men lose their better judgment when younger women flirt with them and assume they`re doing it because they`re into them, whereas 9 times out of 10, they`re thinking more about the lifestyle an older man can provide them. Cynical compared to what Roslyn says, I know, but as a younger woman, much as I like Prince Andrew, I would not be into him "that way"--especially after seeing the shirtless pictures (sorry Andrew!)
Old 08-07-2010, 04:06 AM
Courtier

As far I can see, here is a mere picture of Prince Andrew having a bit of fun in the sun and I
can´t see any need for him to sit on the deck looking glum. Besides one newspaper said that the woman in the picture is the wife of his host, and it is the duty of a hostess to make sure her guests are enjoying themselves and I should think Prince Andrew is in need of a bit of enjoyment and cheering up, after these last awful months.
I must say I am glad to see Prince Andrew having fun and as far as the article and pictures go he doesn´t seem to be doing anything wrong or illegal!
If it were a younger single girl the papers and TRF would be having a wonderful time designing wedding dresses etc.
Let Andrew have some fun on holiday, I think he deserves it for all the kindness he has shown his ex wife. He might also be encouraged to get a personal trainer for himself instead of probably having to pay for one for his ex wife.
Does it actually say that this lady is much younger than Prince Andrew or is that just supposition, she might be a woman who takes care of her appearance and looks much younger than she is.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:18 AM
Commoner

Prince Andrew's Home Broken Into

While Prince Andrew was on a cruise celebrating his birthday as well as the birthday of his older sister, Princess Anne, some burglars had other ideas. Four intruders broke into his property at Windsor Great Park, with unknown purpose. Because the Prince and his two daughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie were away, so were the police protection officers. Also living at the property, and not home at the time, was the Prince’s ex-wife, the Duchess of York. The four masked intruders were dressed in black from head-to-toe, and at about 5am they broke in and drove around the grounds for a few minutes. After realizing that they had been caught on camera, they left. It is believed that nothing was stolen, although no motive was given. Thames Valley Police have arrested a suspect linked to the break-in and have stated they are investigating how the intruders got onto the property, because the gates remained in tact.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Serene Highness

This article actually says the woman is not married, her name is Alexandra Escat--she is a Filipino model who is single. She is apparently 25, so yes, a fair bit younger than Andrew.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: It's 3-star for Prince Andrew as he reins in his spending
Old 08-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Smiling Prince Andrew enjoys lunch on holiday with mystery friend | Mail Online

Quote:
Like most holidaymakers Prince Andrew was probably enjoying the sunshine too much this week to worry about how much he was spending.

When he returns to work, however, his latest expenses may give him pause for thought.

Figures published yesterday reveal the eye-watering cost to the taxpayer of his hotels, food and entertainment abroad in his role as the UK’s ambassador for trade.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The pictures don't really look to me as if there was something 'serious' going on. They might just be friends and I always thought that Andrew is rather a 'flirty' type.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Courtier

I agree, Dierna23.

They are photos of a man on holiday having fun with a young woman in a casual setting.

Recently, I was on a trip with a few friends and family and we have many similar photos to those of Andrew and 'companion'. None of us were involved in anything other than a determination to enjoy ourselves.

It's so easy to read all sorts of stories into such photographs which is why the press bothers to take them. The insinuations are never-ending, but I suppose that they believe that any single royal is fair game.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

The DMs article today says that the information they had in their earlier article that she is married is wrong and that in fact she is single and only 25 (3 years older than Beatrice) and that she and Andrew left the area together.

Of course Andrew's spokespeople say there is no romance.

At the bottom of the article there is a second section saying that Andrew won't be joining Sarah and the girls in Spain due to being 'mortified' about her behaviour.

Meet Andrew's tottie on the yachtie: Duke of York jets off with new friend who's just three years older than Beatrice | Mail Online

Closed Thread