Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 5: November 2009-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And today he's in Shanghai!

Prince Andrew and Fu Ying, Chinese vice minister of the Foreign Affairs attend
the flag-rising ceremony at the Shanghai Expo site in celebration of the UK
Pavilion Day Wednesday, September 8, 2010 in Shanghai, China.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I wondered if anyone would visit the EXPO on behalf of the UK.

May he enjoy his time in Shanghai. He always deserves the best!

I'm guessing that this brother is Prince Charles, not Prince Edward.;) They really don't seem to have much contact with each other.

'He laughed and said, “I don’t even have my brother’s *telephone num*ber. I talk to my bodyguard, my bodyguard talks to his bodyguard and he talks to him.” ’

That would explain why the house was left to wreck and ruin. It was a place to invest some cash.

Unofficial Royalty is reporting on its web site (they have stories from today's London Daily Mail and the London Telegraph) that his old home was purchased with tainted money.

No one believes that he knew anything about the alleged scam and BP has denied that he had any knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are people always talking about money when they talk about Andrew and Sarah? :ermm:

Why are people always talking about money when they talk about Andrew and Sarah? :ermm:

Considering that she's been living off of him for the last few years it's kinda goes hand in hand with most discussion about them.

Considering that she's been living off of him for the last few years it's kinda goes hand in hand with most discussion about them.
Copy that--and throw in a lot of the UK population aren't sure they are getting the most bang for their buck with HRH as Foreign trade rep.

I'm guessing that this brother is Prince Charles, not Prince Edward.;) They really don't seem to have much contact with each other.

Possibly but she had been talking about her 'younger' brother so it would seem sensible to assume that Andrew was also talking about his younger brother.

I don't think so. They are good people in my opinion. Andrew has worked hard for his country and still does. :)

For once you've hit the nail on the head

"Andrew has worked hair for his country"

and now his ex-wife is living off that hard work.

Air Miles Andy and the £5,000 trip to present a golf trophy | Mail Online

The Duke of York spent £5,000 of taxpayers’ money using a helicopter of the Queen’s Flight to present a golf trophy.

The latest jaunt by the 50-year-old Duke – nicknamed Air Miles Andy because of his regular use of luxury air travel – came when he travelled to Royal St George’s golf club at Sandwich, Kent, to present prizes for an under-18s competition.

He boarded the helicopter at Royal Lodge, Windsor, and flew 120 miles to Kent in 40 minutes on Thursday.

Spending over two hours in a car (four, altogether, if you include the return trip) to present a golf trophy would be a spectacular waste of time, particularly since he had to get back for meetings. The DM just doesn't like the Yorks.

The DM doesn't like the royals anymore since they stopped having their lifeline with Diana.

They dislike Charles and Camilla, the Yorks, the Wessexes (if they ever mention them). They aren't too keen on William and Kate.

Only the Queen usually gets positive press from them. The other might occasionally but mostly it is negative about all the royals.

The DM doesn't like the royals anymore since they stopped having their lifeline with Diana.

They dislike Charles and Camilla, the Yorks, the Wessexes (if they ever mention them). They aren't too keen on William and Kate.

Only the Queen usually gets positive press from them. The other might occasionally but mostly it is negative about all the royals.

I did see a positive article about Harry recently, but otherwise I would agree. Oh, and also a positive article about Princess Anne on her birthday. I think the Daily Mail tends to be positive about the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Anne. But other than that, the negative articles about all the royals make me think the editorial staff at the Daily Mail is pushing for an end to the royal family when Charles becomes king.

The Daily Mail should consider not killing the goose that lays the golden egg.:whistling:

But other than that, the negative articles about all the royals make me think the editorial staff at the Daily Mail is pushing for an end to the royal family when Charles becomes king.

Not to go TOTALLY OFF TOPIC but I can't imagine that there is anyone that the Daily Mail likes. They seem to like going after the rich no matter who they are.

Unfortunately for Andrew (as it relates to this thread) sometimes he gives them ammunition and sometimes they make a mountain out of a molehill.

Does anyone know what his schedule will be like in Singapore. Does anyone know where we can go to see him on his official engagements?

All the Monarchy website has to say is that he'll be in Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong, and China for several days.

Perhaps there will be press releases in Singapore closer to the actual dates?

Search future engagements

Does anyone know what his schedule will be like in Singapore. Does anyone know where we can go to see him on his official engagements?

At least the trip to China has already taken place. From September 6 till 11 he
attended several events in Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin, mainly in his role as
Special Representative for International Trade and Investment.

Prince Andrew leaving the Dorchester Hotel London, September 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Wow this Dorchester Hotel must have one heck of a dinner menu. He really spends a lot of evenings there.

Prince Andrew going to a Tory dinner, interesting.

And Theresa Mary does not dazzle.

Well, from one middle aged woman to another, I thought she looked smashing. And Russo covets those shoes! They caught PA on the run, didn't they?

Maybe he was just dinning at the hotel and not actually going to a Tory Dinner.

He wasn't wearing a tux like the other men

Royals hardly ever show up in the wrong type of outfit. I think he was just there for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom