Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 5: November 2009-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The girls are supposed to be in Spain with their mother, and reports say that Andrew isn't going to join them this time.
He might still be on holiday.

Just read that the Inquirer (don't know how reputable it is) reports that the plane dropped PA off at Marbella, Spain. Looks like he maybe with Sarah and the girls afterall.

I notice that now she is 24 whereas last week she was 25 - soon she will be younger than Andrew's daughters.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Marbella is in Southern Spain. Mr. Russo and I took a day trip there, it's on the way to Gibralter. We stayed in Malaga which is Picasso's hometown.
So, where is Sarah?

Sarah is in the resort of Sotogrande, it's 20 mins from Marbella.
If she's out of the dog house maybe he might visit her, God knows they have plenty to talk about.

Back in London... Prince Andrew leaving The Dorchester hotel, August 17:

** Pic ** belga **

As Sarah Ferguson faces bankruptcy, the questions Prince Andrew MUST answer | Mail Online

Three months after the Duchess of York claimed she could gain access to her former husband in return for £500,000, the Government has gone very silent over the role of Britain's roving Trade Ambassador, Prince Andrew.
While the world focused on the looming prospect of Fergie being made bankrupt, Prince Andrew's role in the cash-for-access affair escaped scrutiny.

But the furore grows over Fergie's £5million debt and questions are now emerging over the Duke's own activities - questions which, for the moment, remain disturbingly unanswered.

I read this piece this morning, ever since the scandal broke out I have been wondering why Prince Andrew hasn´t been questioned.
Sarah in the "scam" video, definitely said that the amount charged had been suggested by Prince Andrew, this is probably not true, but he has to be asked about it, just because he is the Queen´s son doesn´t mean that he can´t be asked anything embarassing. He needs to deny it publicly and as far as he is concerned that will be that.
The idea of Sarah retiring to her property in Argentina is an excellent one, let all this blow over and give Andrew the chance to marry and be happy again. Soon the princesses will marry and have their own lives so he has the right to live his own life again, in my opinion, he could never do that while his first wife was living under his roof and so reliant on his support. Support can have its limits.

There isn't a need to question him because he had nothing to do with it. Sarah has stated this, the Palace has stated this even the News of the World who instigated the whole thing has said there was no involvement by Prince Andrew. The whole story reeks of inconsitencies, as do many articles by the DM. It is basic tabloid rubbish.

The DM would have run this story to keep Sarah in the headlines because she is a person of interest. It is because she has been rather quiet lately they have nothing new to run with.... so they conjure up something that further tarnishes her reputation and Prince Andrew by association. I think she is wise to be maintaining a dignified silence, as the Duke tends to do anyway. Leave the tabloid rags to it because she and those close to her know the real facts. Let the solicitors sort out anything truly disparaging and wrong.

There isn't a need to question him because he had nothing to do with it. Sarah has stated this, the Palace has stated this even the News of the World who instigated the whole thing has said there was no involvement by Prince Andrew. The whole story reeks of inconsitencies, as do many articles by the DM. It is basic tabloid rubbish.

This is all very well and I am glad that you agree with the palace about no need to question him, but did you listen to the actual video? In it she very clearly, drunk or not, said that
Andrew had agreed to her asking that (extremely large) amount, so it is only fair that he gives a statement personally, not through some office. Sarah said he didn´t tell her to ask this, well she is integrity in person. The News of the World? Wonderful newspaper you can always take everything they write for absolute truth. Many people living in UK think it was strange that Sarah said this and would like to know more especially because of the position that Prince Andrew holds even if it is unpaid, he is representing his country and Queen. The article also says that he is countable to no one, so what is he actually doing? It would be nice to know more about this too.
I think Prince Andrew has been absolutely wonderful to his ex wife and has had a lot of headaches because of her but it would only be to his credit if he gave a full statement about what his ex wife said, seeing she involved him in this unseemly matter.

i think they should be low key for a while. no scandals or dating young spanish women or anything....

i think they should be low key for a while. no scandals or dating young spanish women or anything....

Why should Andrew not go about his normal day-to day life?
If he wants to date Spanish woman why shouldn't he? He has done nothing wrong.

There are a lot of unanswered questions.

News of the World is a business. Why did they spend the money for this if they didn't know it was going to work?

Why did Sarah say that PA said 500,000 pounds? If she just pulled the amount out of the air, why mention his name at all?

What was she really offering for that amount of money? Would anyone pay that amount of money just to shake his hand?

Why is the silence from the government and the Palace deafening? What are they afraid of? What are they hiding? Why isn't there an inquiry to clear his name?

1, Who spent money on what?
2, More than likely she said that because hearing PA name in an interview is more reliable than just a figure pulled out by Sarah.
3, How is Andrew going to know the answer to what Sarah was offering, ask her the question not him.
4, Why should the government and Palace report on the scam of an EX royal? What has it got to do with them? The BRF do not talk, to anyone, that is how they are, that's how they always have been, they aren't going to break silence now. Whose says they are hiding anything? Where do you get that idea? Clear his name, what has he done except have Sarah for a wife once?

There are a lot of unanswered questions.

News of the World is a business. Why did they spend the money for this if they didn't know it was going to work?

The point was to catch Fergie trying to sell influence not actually meet Andrew. The 40K is something they knew they'd get back when they exposed her anyway.

Why did Sarah say that PA said 500,000 pounds? If she just pulled the amount out of the air, why mention his name at all?

If she doesn't mention him in some capability it would've been asked how she'd go about introducing the undercover reporter. By including Andrew in the whole process she kills the need to ask whether he's cool with the whole operation.

What was she really offering for that amount of money? Would anyone pay that amount of money just to shake his hand?

Shake his hand? No. People with lots of money carry influence, you wouldn't need to pay to meet him just catch the right invite to a party.

She was offering an in with the guy who goes around trying to create investment opportunities for British businesses. He has certain knowledge that a possible investor might be interested in, info that might give that person an edge against others looking for similar opportunities.

Why is the silence from the government and the Palace deafening? What are they afraid of? What are they hiding? Why isn't there an inquiry to clear his name?

Because Fergie has no credibility so why bother defending the person who is believed to have been betrayed. Though it is true that a statement might help but Andrew might see it as further throwing Sarah under the bus. She's a liar and backstabber in the eyes of the island, Andrew might not want to keep it up.

Why should Andrew not go about his normal day-to day life?
If he wants to date Spanish woman why shouldn't he? He has done nothing wrong.
It's the way it LOOKS. And cavorting with a 20-something when this scandal is breaking doesn't look good. Sort of like after the Lewinski scandal broke, you didn't see Bill Clinton hanging around interns after that. He knew to leave well enough alone.

It's the way it LOOKS. And cavorting with a 20-something when this scandal is breaking doesn't look good. Sort of like after the Lewinski scandal broke, you didn't see Bill Clinton hanging around interns after that. He knew to leave well enough alone.

The scandal broke 3 months ago, he's done nothing wrong and he's been single for I don't know how many years. They would be saying the same things about him as they are doing now, if Sarah hadn't tried to sell him.

I don't know the details about the Clinton scandal, but I can understand what your saying. However I do know that Bill was married, Andrew is not.

The scandal broke 3 months ago, he's done nothing wrong and he's been single for I don't know how many years. They would be saying the same things about him as they are doing now, if Sarah hadn't tried to sell him.

I don't know the details about the Clinton scandal, but I can understand what your saying. However I do know that Bill was married, Andrew is not.
Indeed. Although one would HOPE that Prince Andrew would show a bit of discretion and keep his nose clean for a bit, so to speak.

Indeed. Although one would HOPE that Prince Andrew would show a bit of discretion and keep his nose clean for a bit, so to speak.

Why should he?
The scandal was nothing to do with him dating girls, it had something to do with his ex wife who was trying to sell him.
Andrew looks happy for the first time in ages in those pictures, even when you saw him leaving the Dorchester he looked unhappy.
Sarah is the one in the wrong.

Okay I can understand him being "tactful" if he was actually dating or seeing this woman, but we have no idea that he is. He might have met her on holiday.

The two posters I responded to with my comments that Andrew should go about his day to day life, was because IMO they were suggesting that he should stay low because of the scandal. When the scandal had nothing to do with except his name, and nothing to do with who he dates.
The story would have been printed whether Sarah had tried to sell him or not.

He probably did and most likely won't see her again. However! He is STILL a Prince of the BRF and ought to know that the papp's are lying in wait everywhere to get a glimpse of those sexy moobs he sports. :whistling:
He should go about his day to day life. That helps things blow over easier and might give PA some breathing room to sort out Sarah's mess.

And just because the press are lying in wait for him, means he should wear a t-shirt and not get a sun tan on those "moobs"?
The press are lying in wait for every member of every royal family wherever they go. In Norway they just photographed they 9 years old Princess Ingrid-Alexandra on her way to school. Every royal knows, some ex-royals even use it to their advantage, but that can't stop him smiling with a girl who makes him smile.

Well you suggested in your previous post that:
And just because the press are lying in wait for him, means he should wear a t-shirt and not get a sun tan on those "moobs"?

So I suggested the tanning bed.

I think PA should be having fun, however, I think he should be discreet about it. There are more articles out there (The Daily Mail) about Sarah's spending and wasteful habits and whether we like that or not, it STILL reflects upon PA and the BRF.

How does it reflect badly upon PA and the BRF? PA slightly, but has there been any talk that it has affected the rest of the other members? Or the monarchy itself?

PA is having fun, and he should after what his ex wife has put him through, and like I said that is the first time I have seen him smiling for real, not a forced one and I don't think he should hide that from anyone.

:previous:Go check out the Daily Mail and you shall see. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom